How on earth are some pets worth so much?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How on earth are some pets worth so much?

Postby grey matter » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:55 am

So I heard a non was worth 100-150 2009 rares, and now I'm just kinda... boggled? How does THAT even happen? How does anyone manage to get their hands on anything high-tier on this site other than Dec. 18 and gifts?
jade from internet (inactive account)
he/him
grey matter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How on earth are some pets worth so much?

Postby iua » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:56 am

Trading, pound, buy low sell high

It all depends on how you trade. There are also people who have been playing since the start, thus why they have such valuable pets.
╒ ════ ╕

侘寂
一一一
trade?

一一一
侘寂

────

└─────┘
iua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:50 pm

Demand is a pretty big factor when it comes to pet worth. The higher the demand the more valuable these pets are, which is why some of them end up with pretty ridiculous figures like that for what they're worth.

Adding onto what iua said, some users will occasionally host giveaways on the Free Adoptions board so you can try your luck there, or 'buying' them for C$, or doing art commissions, or you can off-site trade for them.

Even though it may seem difficult to get these older pets, there are a lot of ways you can try so it's not impossible! ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:03 pm

I fully agree with Dama, except I'd suggest staying away and avoiding off-site trading, because of the scam rates/risks.
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:58 am

ThousandSounds wrote:I fully agree with Dama, except I'd suggest staying away and avoiding off-site trading, because of the scam rates/risks.

there are a few pet sites that are popular with off-site trading, like flight rising! i do it all the time, the risk is pretty low (specifically for fr).

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:47 pm

I mean You might get lucky but it will always be a gamble when it comes to off site trading it's good to be wary about it generally? since you don't really know whether or not a person has ill intent. Fr is either well monitored or you mighta got lucky in meeting some genuinely awesome people :)
Idk I think being alert and cautious about off-site trading would just be my word to those who do it, because there will always be a type of risk in everything heh

But that's just my opinion. It really depends on the person
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Agreed, which is why I'm not crazy about rare pets at all really XD
to me they're just there, if I have them I have them if I don't I don't, no problem. Besides I'm not willing to overpay for a digital pet that wont really do me any good or use lol
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:39 pm

yo that's against the rules tho! Or at least I think it is, I remember it being against the rules due tot he whole scams
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:29 pm

ThousandSounds wrote:I mean You might get lucky but it will always be a gamble when it comes to off site trading it's good to be wary about it generally? since you don't really know whether or not a person has ill intent. Fr is either well monitored or you mighta got lucky in meeting some genuinely awesome people :)
Idk I think being alert and cautious about off-site trading would just be my word to those who do it, because there will always be a type of risk in everything heh

But that's just my opinion. It really depends on the person

You should be reporting those scammers to the respective websites that they're scamming on. I can assure you that most websites, including CS, do not tolerate this behavior.

Personally I gained most of my collection from off-site trading as well. I play Dappervolk and FlightRising for a few minutes everyday, and eventually I have enough currency to buy something! You can earn currency pretty quickly or you can earn it passively, whichever you prefer. You don't need too much knowledge on these other games to earn their currencies.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 pm

@Seasonal Ye that's true, I just don't exactly know that much about behind the scenes on Flight rising since I kind of just mind my own business there lol

I just know based on user stories and couple of staff mentions on both sites that there have been a couple of incidents like that, and they all highly encourage you to be wise about your off-site trades is all. btw sorry to Dama and everyone else that this turned into a semi-discussion thread, Rick an I were just bouncing opinions back and fourth lol

I know flight rising is definitely an awesome site for sure, Been there for, what almost 6 years maybe, never had a negative experience there, the big problem there is being an addictive shopper so spending treasure is easier than anyone would like Literally went broke spending all my gems on pretty skins omg XD
the games are super fun tho, personal favorites are the jigsaw and shock switch
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me