Removing a Name from the Random Name Generator

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Removing a Name from the Random Name Generator

Postby みりん〇°• » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:15 am

I’ve noticed a lot of pets with generated names called “Emanuel.” I’d like to have this removed because among Christians, Emanuel is a sacred name. Therefore, only The Emanuel can be called “Emanuel.” No one else can use that name. It’s likely that many Christians on cs have encountered the same issue. The existence of this name in the name generator is a violation of the site rules to be respectful and respect other’s religions, ideas, and personal beliefs.

Thank you for your time. Hope this did not sound crazy; I tend to over-fancy my writing.
Image☙豆 豆 龍 ~ ꪻ ꪮ ꪻ ꪮ ᥅ ꪮ ~ ド ド ロ❧
ImageImageImageClick for ♫
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Removing a Name from the Random Name Generator

Postby tremolite » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:41 am

if they were to remove emanuel from the name pool, they would have to remove almost every, if not every, name that holds some sort of religious or cultural significance. plus, as there are a lot of users on here, not everyone on cs is christian--to many, emanuel is just a name, and nothing more.

on another note: i understand the name being sacred to you/your religion, but you can just randomize the names again or change the specific pets name if it's not to your liking, instead of having the name totally removed from the name pool.

(hh hopefully that doesnt sound rude, im a bit tired ;; )
"It's quiz time!"

hello hello! i'm rose! i'm a college
student that loves a lot of stuff!
my current favorite things are
genshin impact, bungo stray dogs,
and witch's heart! i'm always up
for recs, in both media and music,
so feel free to message me with
them! i like basically anything n i'm
wanting to branch out! :D

she/her | rose | rosebuzz
carrd | toyhou.se | sister
tremolite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby みりん〇°• » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:26 am

tremolite wrote:if they were to remove emanuel from the name pool, they would have to remove almost every, if not every, name that holds some sort of religious or cultural significance. plus, as there are a lot of users on here, not everyone on cs is christian--to many, emanuel is just a name, and nothing more.

on another note: i understand the name being sacred to you/your religion, but you can just randomize the names again or change the specific pets name if it's not to your liking, instead of having the name totally removed from the name pool.

(hh hopefully that doesnt sound rude, im a bit tired ;; )

I know, but I’ve seen this happen on other games, and they end up being removed because people got offended by other players not removing it. It caused a lot of arguments and backlash so the game owner just removed it.

tremolite wrote:if they were to remove emanuel from the name pool, they would have to remove almost every, if not every, name that holds some sort of religious or cultural significance. plus, as there are a lot of users on here, not everyone on cs is christian--to many, emanuel is just a name, and nothing more.

Yes, but it’s still violating the rule of respecting other people on cs.
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tremolite » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:50 am

Διάστημα wrote:I know, but I’ve seen this happen on other games, and they end up being removed because people got offended by other players not removing it. It caused a lot of arguments and backlash so the game owner just removed it.

yeah, but thats another game: ive never seen anyone complain about this on cs, nor have i really seen any backlash. just because it happened somewhere else doesn't mean it applies here..

Διάστημα wrote:Yes, but it’s still violating the rule of respecting other people on cs.

i personally... dont really see how its violating this rule? i dont see how they're being disrespectful, at all--in pet name context, it has no religious ties at all. and like i said, its just a name to a lot of people. if it bothers you, just.. change the name. it just takes the click of a button.

(anyways, im not gonna respond again! im not trying to come off as rude, i apologize if i have at any point. thank you for being civil about this whole ordeal!)
"It's quiz time!"

hello hello! i'm rose! i'm a college
student that loves a lot of stuff!
my current favorite things are
genshin impact, bungo stray dogs,
and witch's heart! i'm always up
for recs, in both media and music,
so feel free to message me with
them! i like basically anything n i'm
wanting to branch out! :D

she/her | rose | rosebuzz
carrd | toyhou.se | sister
tremolite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby みりん〇°• » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:58 am

In Christian religion, Jesus (or Emanuel) is the highest being of all (with God and the Holy Spirit). We as his subjects must do anything in our power to please him. Yes, there are people out there named Emanuel, but that is wrong in every single way. Any being or object bearing God’s name is rude to God and his subjects.

(I fancied my words again *dapper moment*)
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi,

It is very unlikely we will remove the name 'Emanuel' from the random name generator. Generally, it is a pretty ordinary name and is quite popular in some parts of the world (including the United States). To remove it from the pool of names, as suggested, would not be fair. In addition, saying that it is 'wrong in every single way' for someone to have this name in real life may not sit very well with them.

Users are free to name their pets whatever they want, provided it does not break any rules, so pets may still be given this name regardless of whether it's come from the random name generator or not - and we cannot prohibit someone from using this name for the same reasons I've already given you.

I cannot see anything good coming out of this thread so unfortunately I'm going to have to lock it :>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •