Discontinued Store Items

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Discontinued Store Items

Postby Jacob » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Hello! So, I have been working on a complete item collection since February of last year and it has been pretty smooth sailing but as my wish list got smaller and smaller, I noticed that there were specific items that I would rarely see. When I looked a bit deeper into it, I realized that the items that I'd rarely see or not see at all were store items that were released for a short period during specific CS events that could be purchased with C$. I then remembered seeing an old post stating that store pets are not considered to be apart of a complete pet collection and should be considered more as semi-custom pets since C$ is required to obtain them and are discontinued every 2 months. So it got me thinking, shouldn't discontinued store items have the same status as the store pets? I just wanted confirmation from CS staff since I'm so close to completing my item collection and there's some items that are going be nearly impossible to obtain due to them only being bought in small quantity during their time in the store. I would also love to consider my item collection complete after obtaining every free and currently in store items.
🐍 CS' #1 Snake Lover! Hoard: 27027 [Goal: 30000] 🐍
Image Image Image
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! βœ¨πŸŽ‰βœ¨
🎊 You've collected at least 15000 different pets! πŸŽ‰
πŸŽ‚ 12-27-2023 βœ…
Jacob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Discontinued Store Items

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm

I don't suppose you'll get confirmation from the admins about it but yes, I would consider retired store items to be in the same boat as store pets that retire. I'll actually go ahead and mention that caveat in the world records thread now since it isn't written.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go! ✦ icon
need help? ✦ guides ✦ for newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Discontinued Store Items

Postby Jacob » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:21 pm

rockruff wrote:
    I don't suppose you'll get confirmation from the admins about it but yes, I would consider retired store items to be in the same boat as store pets that retire. I'll actually go ahead and mention that caveat in the world records thread now since it isn't written.

You're actually exactly the CS staff member that I wanted to respond to this since you run the world record thread so I thank you for your response! :D
🐍 CS' #1 Snake Lover! Hoard: 27027 [Goal: 30000] 🐍
Image Image Image
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! βœ¨πŸŽ‰βœ¨
🎊 You've collected at least 15000 different pets! πŸŽ‰
πŸŽ‚ 12-27-2023 βœ…
Jacob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups