paperclip challenge??

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

paperclip challenge??

Postby mona liam » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:27 pm

hey y'all, i need some help!
I only recently joined and i saw somebody doing this thing called a Paperclip Challenge. I did a bit of research, and it seems like a super cool idea! I asked a friend of mine to explain it, and he said to me that not everybody likes it and some people think it's quite rude

If i were to start one, do you guys have any tips on how to avoid getting foed? I know that some people don't explicitly say whether or not they do the challenge!

i thought maybe if I start a trade with something like
the Paperclip Challenge is an activity based on a story of a man and one paperclip - the man started with a paperclip, but by exchanging it for something a little better time and time again, he finally ended up with owning a house! Here you can find more about that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip . I'm doing a similar challenge, but with a pet! If you'd like to help, you can add a pet of slightly higher value - for example, a month older than my pet -- so that I can continue!
If you decide to participate, thank you so much! But either, thank you for your time, and happy holidays!'

does that sound okay??
mona liam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: paperclip challenge??

Postby LUMENS8ITE » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 pm

I've never personally done the paperclip challenge, but honestly this sounds good to me!
Overtime I've thought about it though and it sounds kind of fun to do tbh? Shot me a trade if you'd like and maybe we can try it! :>
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Lumé ❤ Adult ❤ He/him pronouns ❤ Portugal *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Treat others how you wish to be treated.
My art shop!ImageMy portfolio!
LUMENS8ITE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:12 pm

People find it rude when you're essentially asking them to overpay with something of higher value for your pet. The challenge in its original form was about trading up fairly to get higher up the chain - so trading two 2015 commons for a 2014 one, then two of those for a 2013 common, etc etc. People won't find it rude if you're offering fair trades like that- and if you want, you don't even have to mention the paperclip challenge (since a fair amount of people oppose it now because of the people asking for "free" overpay).

Other than that, make sure to ask questions in the help board! (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:08 am

A lot of people hate it. I'm one of them. I don't trade down, it clearly says so in my trade rules, and people still send those trades because of this challenge thing. So make sure you read people's trade rules. If they dont trade down or support paperclips, dont send them those kinds of trades.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rose Morpho » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:32 am

My advice would be to send trades for pets just a few months earlier (like a November 2018 common for an August 2018 common) and not even mention the paperclip challenge. People will probably just think you're trading for something you want within the 3 month rule.
Rose Morpho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mona liam » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am

thank you guys for all your help!
mona liam