would this thread be against CS rules?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

would this thread be against CS rules?

Postby caf. » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:08 pm

i was considering creating a thread regarding college application - advice and celebration and all that. i do know, however, that such talk tends to be centered around a certain age group - while of course younger high schoolers and even middle schoolers might be thinking about college, and adult players would hopefully come to the thread to offer advice, such a thread might be a bit too much of a giveaway of age for CS. would a general college thread be a better option (does such a thread already exist)? or should talk regarding college apps be avoided with respect to CS' rules on age? much thanks!
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: would this thread be against CS rules?

Postby nickjr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Since we're not allowed to specify grade levels and the vast majority of people in the most populated countries of CS probably apply while they're a senior in high school, I personally think that it would be too much information to state stuff like "it's college application season and omg I'm so stressed out about applying" or "I'm applying to some schools" BUT I think it's okay to vaguely ask "any tips for a personal statement on a college app?" without specifying where you are in the process. I'm not a staff member, though, so the reality of what's acceptable could definitely be different

We do have some threads about college already :)

General college discussion, includes app season and college life - this probably fits best with what you want to discuss
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3569310

What's your major, includes if you're just thinking about it early on
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3062736

Here's a debate thread about college
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3290802

Tangentially related threads that you might find helpful if you're in college because usually college means independent living:

How to adult
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3701778

Turning 18
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3072299

There's also the younger people wanting advice from adults sticky thread in 18+

Posted from phone, edited on computer because I mislabeled the links whoops
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me