Is stating age ranges against the rules now?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Is stating age ranges against the rules now?

Postby BuddyMaltese » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:02 am

Hello!
    So for a while myself and other users understood that while saying your age was against the rules, saying things like “18+” was okay. However, recently I’ve heard talk of users getting warnings for this.
    Is it true that it is now against the rules? If so, how can we be made aware of future rule changes?
    Thank you!
x
x

| Graphic Design Student | Adult | Vegan |
| Certified oatmeal connoisseur |
Listening to: [x]
---
Hello! I've been taking a break from CS.
If you'd like to contact me, though, feel
free to PM me as I check in
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is stating age ranges against the rules now?

Postby PikaPerfect » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:35 pm

I think when people say age ranges are against the rules, they mean people saying stuff like “I’m between 15-17.” The range is so small that at that point you might as well just say you’re 16 years old lol saying 18+ is fine though. I’ve seen a lot of people with that in their signature for a while.

Nvm

Birb wrote:
    Recently the rules were updated so that "[age]+" is no longer allowed. This is because many users (including minors) were putting their actual current age and then "+" to get around the past rules. For example, a 16-year-old putting "16+".

You are still allowed to say general things like "adult" or "teen" but specific numbers are no longer allowed.
Last edited by PikaPerfect on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Birb wrote:
    Recently the rules were updated so that "[age]+" is no longer allowed. This is because many users (including minors) were putting their actual current age and then "+" to get around the past rules. For example, a 16-year-old putting "16+".

You are still allowed to say general things like "adult" or "teen" but specific numbers are no longer allowed.

Where is this though? I see nothing in announcements, the sticky in general that lists all the rules in one place, it's not in the help section... WHEN was this made and where was it listed?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fishstix. » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Really? Good thing I removed it from my signature then.. I see why they might add that rule, though, since I saw a few people with something like "14+" in their signature and I feel like the age idea should just be like 13+ or 18+ so I would believe they just put their age and the +

I also don't really see the reason people need to share their age either? o-o
fishstix.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Shian wrote:
Where is this though? I see nothing in announcements, the sticky in general that lists all the rules in one place, it's not in the help section... WHEN was this made and where was it listed?

I would also like to know this, I got a warning for this two years ago but there's nothing that outright says this rule ...
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BuddyMaltese » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:20 am

Pikachu~ wrote:I think when people say age ranges are against the rules, they mean people saying stuff like “I’m between 15-17.” The range is so small that at that point you might as well just say you’re 16 years old lol saying 18+ is fine though. I’ve seen a lot of people with that in their signature for a while.

Thank you! Though I was talking more about what Birb said c:

Birb wrote:

Thanks Birb!
Like the users before me, I'm curious as to when this was implemented
When I heard talk of this I tried my best to check for some sort of announcement but didn't see any
x
x

---
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

Stating your age range has always been against the rules, but we are aware that there has been some disconnect between users and staff knowing about and enforcing this rule. We will hopefully add this rule somewhere in writing, so that users may have a post to reference back to. If many users are unaware of this rule, then we need to make this rule more clear.

To clarify: stating that you are an adult or teen is fine. Stating that you are 18+ or 15+ is not - we cannot make exceptions for certain ages like 18, and we know that many users use this "age range" as a way to share their actual age.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 am

Seasonal wrote:Stating your age range has always been against the rules, but we are aware that there has been some disconnect between users and staff knowing about and enforcing this rule. We will hopefully add this rule somewhere in writing, so that users may have a post to reference back to. If many users are unaware of this rule, then we need to make this rule more clear.

To clarify: stating that you are an adult or teen is fine. Stating that you are 18+ or 15+ is not - we cannot make exceptions for certain ages like 18, and we know that many users use this "age range" as a way to share their actual age.

So you clearly state that neither users nor staff was aware of this specific rule.
You also state that the specifics of this clarification is not written anywhere (kinda like how the site rules weren't updated until leap year day, many years after we've been begging for them,) but people are getting warnings for this?

That's not ok. I suggest anyone who has received a warning for this, dispute this immediately.

There is NO reason for this type of warning to be on anyone's record. Targeting random people who have had this in their sig for years and not giving them any warning nor time to change their sig in light of the clarification is pretty much bullying.
Last edited by Shian on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BuddyMaltese » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 am

Seasonal wrote:Stating your age range has always been against the rules, but we are aware that there has been some disconnect between users and staff knowing about and enforcing this rule. We will hopefully add this rule somewhere in writing, so that users may have a post to reference back to. If many users are unaware of this rule, then we need to make this rule more clear.

I appreciate the clarification, thank you!
    I'd like to ask if when you say there has been disconnect between users and staff knowing about and enforcing this rule, if this means that the staff knew about/enforced it and the community did not know about it, or if some staff knew about/enforced it while other staff thought it was alright. The reason I ask is because I've seen screenshots of people who sent in help tickets about the issue receiving a response saying it was okay, but of course there is the possibility that since they were screenshots that they're not wholly reliable.
x
x

---
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Shian wrote:

That's not ok. I suggest anyone who has received a warning for this, dispute this immediately.

There is NO reason for this type of warning to be on anyone's record. Targeting random people who have had this in their sig for years and not giving them any warning nor time to change their sig in light of the clarification is pretty much bullying.

No one has been given an official board warning for this rule clarification. We have sent private messages requesting the removal of age ranges, but we have not issued warnings.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me