Rarity

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Rarity

Postby Werewolf Night » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:53 pm

What is the chance to get a rare pet from the March Pets? Is it even possible with the Codex?
I am an autistic, Werewolf/Vampire, Christian, mature, adult, and a kind person. Please don't be afraid to PM me. Mod on ☾˙☽🌕Moon Squids🐙☾˙☽ Have an adoption center: Werewolf's Adoptions Adopts: My Adopts People Made

Huggle Me:Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
Werewolf Night

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rarity

Postby wildheart2002 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:55 pm

There's not much of a chance to get it from the monthlies im afraid
like next to no chance
Australian | All pronouns | Dragon obsessed

wildheart2002

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:50 am

Since rarities are determined by the number of pets per active user, and almost everyone adopts the monthly pets, it's unlikely that there'll be any rares. Generally, pets from monthly adopts are anywhere from OMG So Common to Uncommon. Rares and above often are store pets, event pets, and older pets, as they're harder to get and there are less on the site.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:22 am

Aliria wrote:Since rarities are determined by the number of pets per active user, and almost everyone adopts the monthly pets, it's unlikely that there'll be any rares. Generally, pets from monthly adopts are anywhere from OMG So Common to Uncommon. Rares and above often are store pets, event pets, and older pets, as they're harder to get and there are less on the site.

Rarity is determined by the admins so its possible for something to go rare or very rare. Look at the july lioness and the august pps lion. They were both rare of the bat because they were meant to be rare.

Its calculated based on active players vs adopted pets yes, but that doesnt mean everthing will always turn out uncommon and under. There is no way of telling when and if something will go rare and thats exactly the reason why everybody always overpays like crazy when something seems remotely rarer then the rest, like the joker april fools dog and the pps snowleopard from xmas.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 am

To clarify what DaDwarf said (I think some people will get confused; I sure was, especially when I saw that you posted it lol):

By "Rarity is determined by the admins", DaDwarf meant that the admins set the probabilities of adopting each outcome in a litter.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:02 am

Yep, thats what i meant. Sorry it was unclear. You can see this in the staff litter where they are all supposed to be the same rarity but some end up going a rank up sooner because of how the adoption went.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me