Watermark and Group Option Suggestion

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Watermark and Group Option Suggestion

Postby emgeal » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:50 am

One thing that I noticed when I was playing around with items on my pets was that you can completely cover up the http://www.chickensmoothie.com watermark.

My first instinct was that the system wasn't very "smart" and that the layering of things would just be in the order that you picked it up in.

Then I tried to put the halo on top of the reindeer plushie and the plushie was immediately pulled in front of the halo.

I think that the watermark should appear above all items. Two ways of doing this came to mind, one of them easier then the other.

1. You could have the watermark pulled to the top in front of every item. It would work in the same way the items are layered now. The user would not be able to move it and it would just appear in front of everything.

2. Make the watermark an item that can be moved around the image. It would always be on the top layer, but that way if someone wanted to shift it down a bit because of how they were arranging their items they could. It would have to be done so that it couldn't be removed from the image... I don't know much about coding so I'm not sure how possible that is. Just another idea.
Last edited by emgeal on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Watermark and Group Option Suggestion

Postby Sorren Fey » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:09 am

You already can rename your groups... And you can also change the trade settings. Even if trades are disables the owner can trade with them.

Go to a group and on the bottom there are some options, what you can do with this group.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emgeal » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:20 am

Oh... I'll edit that out of my first post. I'm really sorry.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:45 am

But some people want to cover up the chickensmoothie.com part. ;) Not everyone likes the webaddress being on their adopts, which is why some people are covering it up with objects.

The images still link back to the site and if the user wants to show off any other pets, it's bound to show up somewhere.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 am

I personally agree.
My pps puppy, Jade, has a little pile of pocky beside her, and it covers up the watermark a bit. I don't want to cover it, but the tower of pocky looks so perfect there.

Edit: See what I mean? Image
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me