Ugly Pixelations- Resolved (Sort of)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Ugly Pixelations- Resolved (Sort of)

Postby Strudel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:33 pm

I've noticed that quite a few pets have grown those just horrid pixelations that often accompany art and photographs that are low-res and has been saved as a jpg or jpeg.
I know that this was not the case before, and at first it wasn't really as bad. Just some pets here and there but now it's cropping up more. Like more pets are being effected O.o
At first I though it was just something wrong with my computer but my friend LindsayPrower was complaining about the same thing on her computer.
It's starting to drive me NUTS!
I really don't want the pets to have these horrid pixel problems. I mean, I won't even commission artists that save files as jpeg for the same reason. Because I don't want the ugly distortions...
I have a feeling I might not stay to much longer on the site if something's not done about it because I just don't like seeing the distortions in the images. Which would be a shame 'cause I love the site otherwise ^^;
So does anyone know what's going on?
I don't want all my pretty pets to become ugly you guys D:

Update:
I will save my screenshot as a png so that the file doesn't get *further* distorted
Original:
Screenshot:
it doesn't show up with the pixelations in my sig but it does in the archive and on my pet page.
Last edited by Strudel on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ugly Pixelations?

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:36 pm

This is no joke guys, when it first started I thought the same as Quincy, oh its just my computer or maybe even just that file. But one by one turned into months by months turning into ugly pixelated images. My beautiful pets that I love to look at when I'm receiving no trades are beginning to disgust me. Can anyone help?

And I've seen so many Sortics and BA's that look terrible due to this pixelation problem.

And for some reason on the Forum boards the pets look fine.(When you copy the Url coding at the bottom of your pet and post it) it shows no pixelation. But see this is my tufted devil when I right clicked and copied the properties.
ImageImage
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saerffin7 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 pm

A couple of my pets seem to be doing the same thing. >.<
It's really clear to see the difference between the Sunback pics.
Hopefully a solution to this can be found. :(
Saerffin7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saerffin7 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:14 am

~Bump For a Solution!~
Saerffin7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:56 am

I don't see any problem with any of them. Could it be your browser? If there is an issue maybe its the way the pets data is saved in certain places. I know CS has to be an extremely huge load on its server with all of the thousands of designs in multiples over thousands of collections. That's a lot of data. Possibly the software uses lower resolution pics for certain areas to save in data usage and improve site speed. I'd personally prefer slightly pixelated images showing in my collection pages over the mind numbing site lags we've had in the past. You guys are too new to remember waiting forever for pages to load and missing entire Pound openings and not being able to get on site at all for hours at.a time because the browser would time out and give up long before it could load the site. A few pixellated images in unimportant areas is a small price to pay for a smoothly running site. Believe me! D:
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:10 am

Actually, in a database normally there'd be only one image per pet since it doesn't work via layers, like Wajas; not the same image copied millions of times for individual pets.
I personally can see the pixelation as well.
I've taken to shouting "SQUIDS FOR THE SQUID GOD" every time I collect squids for my hoard, and it's made my life significantly better

🎃 Lights OFF 🎃

Tiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:09 am

I think of this as a good thing. It means people can't steal CS pet designs or the lineart without losing the quality.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 am

So, what you mean is... they show up fine on the site but if you save them to your computer the images show up pixelated?

If that's the case... so what? They're not supposed to leave ChickenSmoothie any way. ^-^
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 am

katt66 wrote:So, what you mean is... they show up fine on the site but if you save them to your computer the images show up pixelated?

If that's the case... so what? They're not supposed to leave ChickenSmoothie any way. ^-^

Well, I don't know what the author meant, but some of my dogs are appearing pixelated in my collections. The quality seems to reduce for some specific pets when you post them on the CS forums / trade rules / signatures. Nothing about posting them on other forums (which I do believe you're allowed to do so if you credit CS).
I've taken to shouting "SQUIDS FOR THE SQUID GOD" every time I collect squids for my hoard, and it's made my life significantly better

🎃 Lights OFF 🎃

Tiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:48 am

katt66 wrote:I don't see any problem with any of them. Could it be your browser? If there is an issue maybe its the way the pets data is saved in certain places. I know CS has to be an extremely huge load on its server with all of the thousands of designs in multiples over thousands of collections. That's a lot of data. Possibly the software uses lower resolution pics for certain areas to save in data usage and improve site speed. I'd personally prefer slightly pixelated images showing in my collection pages over the mind numbing site lags we've had in the past. You guys are too new to remember waiting forever for pages to load and missing entire Pound openings and not being able to get on site at all for hours at.a time because the browser would time out and give up long before it could load the site. A few pixellated images in unimportant areas is a small price to pay for a smoothly running site. Believe me! D:

Well LindsayPrower and I do not run the same browser.
I have Google Chrome and she has Internet Explorer. So it's definitely not the browser(s) I wouldn't think.
I could see if it was just me that being the problem, that would be isolated and then I'd just change over browsers if that were it /:
And actually Chickensmoothie is a lot easier to run (even well before they pixelated the images) than a lot of other sites I get on. Like DA.
CS really doesn't have a whole lot to load in reality. The images are all low-res and load fast :3

katt66 wrote:So, what you mean is... they show up fine on the site but if you save them to your computer the images show up pixelated?

No it's not about saving it on my comp. A screen shot just shows how it appears on my screen as I am browsing the site. It looks like that when I am looking at the actual site
And it didn't start doing that until a little over a week ago /:
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me