The state of the economy... Overblown or a real problem?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: The state of the economy... Overblown or a real problem?

Postby Eclipseranch » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Nick wrote:The intention was for that present to be adopted 110,000 times, and that's what we based our numbers on. It turns out that it only got adopted 45,000 times in total.

The box has always had commons/uncommons in it. If it only had rare pets, the adoption limit would have to be lower, potentially lower than 1 pet per person, which would mean that we could not run the event. We can either release rare pets that few people get, or less rare pets that everybody gets. We cannot release rare pets that everybody gets.

thanks Nick for explaining..that makes total sense. I'm sure it is hard to predict what will happen each year I was pretty frustrated and exhausted but now at least I get it @ Firestar..I really appreciate the eloquence from which you presented the issue..
Eclipseranch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tinydoodles » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:00 am

I agree with you, Firestar. I mean, I'm very grateful for the 18th, and I'm not complaining, but I cannot pretend that I was not disappointed with the pets I got this year. This may just be a game, but it's a game that people (like me) care strongly about. I think that's all that's really important.
I think it would be a really good idea to release a big box again, even with only one pet per person, and for a couple of days. I really think that the number of rare pets (URs in particular) in circulation is the real issue, and there is simply not enough of them to allow the people who want them to actually trade for them. That's not really what the 18th seems to be about, it's to allow newer/poorer users to get rarer pets that they might not have been able to get otherwise, not create more pets that are impossible for them to get.

~Snickers

{EDIT} Well, I know URs are released every year, and they're never easy to trade for, but I don't think there has even been this few of them.
Code: Select all
                                              *                                 *
          *     __                   *
   *        ,db'                                                *                     *
          ,d8/        *                                               *
          `db\            *                               *
            `o`_                    *                                              *
                                  _                ___       _.--.
          *                       \`.|\..----...-'`   `-._.-'_.-'`
                *                 /  ' `         ,       __.--'
       *                          )/' _/     \   `-_,   /
                                  `-'" `"\_  ,_.-;_.-\_ ',
//---\/---------__--/-------\\-------- _.-'_./----{_.' ; /----\//--v-----//---\/---------__--/-----
                                     {_.-``-'         {_/

tinydoodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 am

Every single thing I see on the swap thread is a few rares for Moonpups, Sunpups, Toxics, and URs. I find myself extremely lucky with my haul right now because I traded all of my rares for them. I orginally had a 2010 uncommon and 2009 rare that wasn't very popular http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=148774

I've even seen a thread where free pets are given to those disappoined with the pets that they got. I must admit, I was not very surprised. Last year it seemed that everyone could get the pets of their dreams! I even ended up with a 09' UR after a bit of trading. But now, I can't even get a BMD that was so numerous last year. I'm not complaing about my pets because why should I? I got pretty good ones! But I do want others here to be happy

Snickers.doodle wrote:
I agree with you, Firestar. I mean, I'm very grateful for the 18th, and I'm not complaining, but I cannot pretend that I was not disappointed with the pets I got this year. This may just be a game, but it's a game that people (like me) care strongly about. I think that's all that's really important.
I think it would be a really good idea to release a big box again, even with only one pet per person, and for a couple of days. I really think that the number of rare pets (URs in particular) in circulation is the real issue, and there is simply not enough of them to allow the people who want them to actually trade for them. That's not really what the 18th seems to be about, it's to allow newer/poorer users to get rarer pets that they might not have been able to get otherwise, not create more pets that are impossible for them to get.

~Snickers

{EDIT} Well, I know URs are released every year, and they're never easy to trade for, but I don't think there has even been this few of them.

I think that is an excellent idea! Maybe released on Christmas eve? I think everyone should have at least a chance for the pet of their dreams! And I do see a ton of desperate people. I helped identify a bunch of people's pets, and there were tons of sad ones, I only saw one UR and no July/August pets after replying to I have no idea how many PMs

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:13 am

Camillion wrote:Every single thing I see on the swap thread is a few rares for Moonpups, Sunpups, Toxics, and URs. I find myself extremely lucky with my haul right now because I traded all of my rares for them. I orginally had a 2010 uncommon and 2009 rare that wasn't very popular http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=148774

I've even seen a thread where free pets are given to those disappoined with the pets that they got. I must admit, I was not very surprised. Last year it seemed that everyone could get the pets of their dreams! I even ended up with a 09' UR after a bit of trading. But now, I can't even get a BMD that was so numerous last year. I'm not complaing about my pets because why should I? I got pretty good ones! But I do want others here to be happy

Snickers.doodle wrote:

~Snickers

I think that is an excellent idea! Maybe released on Christmas eve? I think everyone should have at least a chance for the pet of their dreams! And I do see a ton of desperate people. I helped identify a bunch of people's pets, and there were tons of sad ones, I only saw one UR and no July/August pets after replying to I have no idea how many PMs

Or maybe the day after Christmas! I think it would turn alot of frowns upside down. ^^
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby classi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:16 am

I got a 2009 uncommon that I already have, not even early 2009, and a 2008 rare. But, I have the 2008 rare - although at least it's a pretty cool dog.
I really think that next year only 2008 and 2009 pets should be released. I can't trade for any of the new pets because I have, like, two very rares and a few rares. I was really looking forward to December 18th, but it was a big letdown for me. D: Some people got toxics and stuff. A 2009 uncommon was pretty dissapointing.
classi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yunyi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:02 am

Well, by next year, probably nearly all '09 pets will be rare or very rare. In my opinion, '10s shouldn't have been released this year but what's done is done. I think 2012 would have been a better year to start releasing '10s, IMO... I don't think JUST 2008/2009 dogs should be released next year, because then there'll be serious deflation. Just imagine... I mean, already I think the majority of '09s are rare or VR, and if everyone gets nothing but those... it'll be the opposite of what's happening now.
x

Semi-active, busy with things

deviantart
might open commissions soon

x
Yunyi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 am

Kind of a double let down as the 17th is my birthday...*shot*

On one hand I don't think I've ever gotten anything all that spectacular from the "18th" despite being here since that tradition started, so I did my best not to get my hopes up. I agree with your post though. Why the limit is still 2 when there are so many new pets added to the mix every year is a bit of a mystery to me.
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yunyi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 pm

linksage [hiatus] wrote:Kind of a double let down as the 17th is my birthday...*shot*

On one hand I don't think I've ever gotten anything all that spectacular from the "18th" despite being here since that tradition started, so I did my best not to get my hopes up. I agree with your post though. Why the limit is still 2 when there are so many new pets added to the mix every year is a bit of a mystery to me.

Well, there's also a lot more members... 18th isn't really about the individual, it's about bringing more pets to the entire site. However that didn't quite work out this year, because so few boxes were adopted...
x

Semi-active, busy with things

deviantart
might open commissions soon

x
Yunyi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Yunyi wrote:
linksage [hiatus] wrote:Kind of a double let down as the 17th is my birthday...*shot*

Well, there's also a lot more members... 18th isn't really about the individual, it's about bringing more pets to the entire site. However that didn't quite work out this year, because so few boxes were adopted...

You know how many boxes were adopted?
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:25 pm

linksage [hiatus] wrote:
Yunyi wrote:

You know how many boxes were adopted? o_O

Nick said that 45,000 pets were adopted on the first page.
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me