Pound message needs changing (now with poll)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should the message change?

Keep the message how it is.
5%
Change it to something a bit less upsetting, but keep it a little bit sad.
16%
Change it to something neutral, like "hey, remember me? I'm a pound pet! It's ok if you wanna trade me though."
34%
Change it to literally just "this trade you made contains a pet you got from the pound, are you sure?"
25%
Get rid of the message entirely.
20%

Total votes : 398

Re: Pound message needs changing (now with poll)

Postby jade, » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:45 am

jade, wrote:
sorry to break this little support string, im going to say I disagree, yet also kind of agree. Honestly, the first time I saw this, I was just like wait.. it's a message from myself to myself from a pet? So I was just merely confused, not really heartbroken. Now, whenever I get a message I read the title first, and if it says "A message from your pet, name", I just go back go whatever im doing without reading it. It's literally that easy. I don't really get how it's sad though, it's honestly a virtual pet that is saying things. (Im sorry dif this message is going to make you think I have no heart, but it's honestly just my opinion)
On the other hand, though, I can agree slightly about changing the message a bit (even though it won't change my not reading them, it would make others feel better). The message honestly isn't that sad though, in my opinion. It's basically saying "aw, you adopted me and are selling me now." That's kind of normal, as it goes with the plot of buying a pet, breeding it, and selling them. (As long as you didn't get too close to it). (Sorry I got a little off topic) but, this is what i feel about the message. Maybe change it a bit to make others feel better? :D it's fine if nobody is with me on this one, I know some people are just sensitive, no hard feelings! -j

quoting this from my post from another thread
★ ★ ███████████████
𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 ────────

jay | she/her | sep. 2
hihi im jade/jay, im n
ot very active on this
site anymore but still
feel free to pm me <3

██
██
██
██

────── 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐍
██
██
██
██
──────────
coding shop
art shop
coding cred

──────────
██
██
██
██

█████████
────────┐

───────
████
─────𝐁𝐔𝐓
jade,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rivulet meow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:47 am

i agree with this i see this message pop up alot and it makes me feel very bad for the pet dispite it being digital. i feel like the message should be changed since there are kids on this game
Rivulet (real)

Erm yea, thats it!

Rivulet meow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon.enthusiast » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:49 am

jade, wrote:
jade, wrote:
sorry to break this little support string, im going to say I disagree, yet also kind of agree. Honestly, the first time I saw this, I was just like wait.. it's a message from myself to myself from a pet? So I was just merely confused, not really heartbroken. Now, whenever I get a message I read the title first, and if it says "A message from your pet, name", I just go back go whatever im doing without reading it. It's literally that easy. I don't really get how it's sad though, it's honestly a virtual pet that is saying things. (Im sorry dif this message is going to make you think I have no heart, but it's honestly just my opinion)
On the other hand, though, I can agree slightly about changing the message a bit (even though it won't change my not reading them, it would make others feel better). The message honestly isn't that sad though, in my opinion. It's basically saying "aw, you adopted me and are selling me now." That's kind of normal, as it goes with the plot of buying a pet, breeding it, and selling them. (As long as you didn't get too close to it). (Sorry I got a little off topic) but, this is what i feel about the message. Maybe change it a bit to make others feel better? :D it's fine if nobody is with me on this one, I know some people are just sensitive, no hard feelings! -j

quoting this from my post from another thread

i also don't really feel "guilty" or sad when i get this message, just mildly annoyed but i try to understand what it must feel like for more sensitive players. also, it spams my mail ,-,
pardon me i'm a little horse

carrddappervolkflight risingcompleted hoards
pigeon.enthusiast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:51 am

i think they should change ' they were going to put me down ' it makes me think of my old dog witch makes me pretty sad :(
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivyscribblez » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:56 am

Totally agreed. My first time I got that message I instantly declined the trade and put the pet in a locked group. It makes me totally guilty to think that I would crush a poor pet’s feelings like that. However now whenever I receive one, I just delete it with a small twinge of guilt. I don’t really understand why they have the message anyways, since the point of this website is kind of to trade and the Pound is where you get some cool pets. They should honestly just remove it, since all it does is make people feel guilty and sad.
ivy| fluent in meme, vine, and english
christian | sagittarius | ravenclaw | ambivert
pfp credit | my flight rising | my deviantart
Ivyscribblez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyn0sure » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:00 am

i agree
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
───────────────
[ coded by ; . moonlight . ]
───────────────
Image┌────────────┐

♥hi, i'm katie!♥
♥she/her♥
♥supernatural♥
♥izombie, the office♥
♥tøp, p!atd, fob♥

└────────────┘
I WILL LEAVE
F O R N O W ,
s t a y
┌────────────┐

♥the amity affliction♥
♥heathers, bmc, deh♥
♥hamilton♥
♥markiplier♥
♥jacksepticeye♥
♥emmanoodle♥
♥jaidenanimations♥
♥crankthatfrank♥

└────────────┘
▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
cyn0sure

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phoenixfirebird » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:41 am

I agree that the message is a bit harsh. I think that the message was probably implemented in the first place to try to discourage people from just using the pound as a source for trading fodder, and instead as a place to get pets users genuinely wanted, but they should make that clear on the pound page. Instead the page just says that the pound is somewhere to get pets, and then sends users a pretty upsetting message out of the blue when people try to trade them away. Some people aren’t affected by it, but little 13 year old me was very upset when she got that message for the first time and I think it’s good to remember that this is a site with a large user base of children.
Phoenixfirebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pegasus4240 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:49 am

Support. I don't see why the message is necessary. I think it is over the top. It doesn't upset me, but I see how it could upset others. However, I don't like reading it and I don't read it. I just delete the message.
pegasus4240

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thebirdfreezer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:19 am

please get rid of itttt it’s pretty unnecessary and I understand how it could make others feel guilty, also spams and is a guilt trip :l

hhhhhhhhhhh
thebirdfreezer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostfall » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:25 am

Yeah, I don't really see the point of the message, as the pets don't really communicate with you in any other way and it just makes me sad. If they changed it to something like "Thanks for saving me from the pound, don't forget me ok?" It would still be cute without being so depressing
Frostfall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me