The state of the economy... Overblown or a real problem?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: The state of the economy... Overblown or a real problem?

Postby Cobrastyle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 pm

I was hoping to get something a little better from the advent since I'm hosting a contest, and was relying on the advents a lot to draw people in, but honestly, it's not too big a deal for me. I mean, if I didn't get a very rare it's not going to affect me or make me mad, or anything. Yes, CS is a game, but the pets really are just pixels, so I try not to get too involved. It would be cool to have another "December 18th", but I'm not really that enthusiastic. There's always next Christmas!

I can see why you guys are frustrated--but it was an honest mistake. I don't think it's worth getting too worked up over--I mean, I'd rather focus on other things around Christmas time. So whether or not I got a uber-rare pet from a kid's virtual pet's site's not going to affect me too much. Hope this gets resolved!
Love breaks the machine
Everything's half apart, what can it mean
How can I trust my fractious heart
Knowing I have the enemy gene
Cobrastyle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:09 pm

I agree with everything firestar said.
And Fat Unicorn has a point... date joined does not not equal rich. I have seen several late 2009-2010, even a few 2011 players with complete collections or needing less pets than me.
I think we need another rerelease day... maybe even if its one pet maybe?
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:19 pm

-Firestar- wrote:
Fat Unicorn wrote:
-Firestar- wrote:effectively making 'join date' a static number of how rich one is.

I'd just like to ask you: Just because I am a 2008 member, does that mean I'm rich? No. I have 33 pages of WL, all of those pets which I don't own. Just because someone might be of a certain date, it does not, in any shape or form, effect how "rich" they are. If they joined a few days ago, then sure, I get your drift. But overall, your joining date doesn't affect how wealthy you are.
Just a little note I wanted to butt in there. ^^;;

You have around 800 pets and you own a sunback. A person that just joined won't have near that number nor the means to get a sunback through normal trading. Do you have the same amount of pets that I do? No, not at all. I've been a very active member. Even those that stop playing for 3 months still have monthly adopts from every month since they joined. As a general rule, older=richer regardless of what's on your wishlist because you were around to get those (now rare) monthly sets.

I didn't work for that Sunback. How I got it, I'll leave you to figure that out.

What happens if I trade away those pets? gifting? off-site trading with those sets? what if I was on a long hiatus? or I had quit and came back? Firestar, assuming 2008/2009 members = insta rich isn't true. Late 2010 members have finished their collection. I've seen a few 2011 members complete their collection, or own something like a Joker, UR Tiger, Sunjewel, etc. :3
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:24 pm

It is a general statement, though. Generally, you'll find older members will have more valuable pets (and more pets in general) because they've been around longer than newer members. Sure, not everyone who joined in '08 is going to be 'richer' in pets than newer members, but I think what Firestar was saying was just a generalised view - which is true, in my opinion.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tawny224 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:It is a general statement, though. Generally, you'll find older members will have more valuable pets (and more pets in general) because they've been around longer than newer members. Sure, not everyone who joined in '08 is going to be 'richer' in pets than newer members, but I think what Firestar was saying was just a generalised view - which is true, in my opinion.

Heh, I joined in 2009 like you and I have nothing valuable. Except for my zebra that i JUST got. And my blue rose gifted to me. I really don't think how long you have been on here really effect anything. I have seen Newbies that have joined a week ago with a joker already because people like to gift them.
Tawny224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:30 pm

You guys are getting a bit off topic. ;3 It was a generalized statement in the middle of a paragraph. The point of this thread is the unbalanced economy, not who the 'rich' members are.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Just another thing I thought I'd throw in the mix...
In 2009 the box was available for the 19th as well, right? This had a really good effect on the cirulating pets, and I have more '09 re-releases than any other years. But the impact on rarities obviously wasn't much, considering the Dog-tag achieved an OMG rarity tag just before the re-release. To prove this, I have:
    -Noncoon
    -Nonjewel
    -Yellow Sorbet
    -Dog-tag
    -Blue Balloon
    -Purple Toxic
    -Geaback Tribal
    -July PPS
    -Joker
    -UR Apple
    -UR Purple Horse
All of those are from the 2009 re-release, and this year I have (of significant value) a Pink Balloon. That's it.
Last edited by Aurora Storm on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowBizkit <3 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 pm

I agree with Ocelot at Soul c:

Now, I think that the idea of having a rerelease that lasts a couple of days at the end of the advent calender is perfect. Even if its only 1 pet per user, it would still add more life into the economy by bringing in more july/augusts rereleases and URs. I see so many people hunting for the URs its ridiculous ;u; not to mention only a few people have the URs. People are paying a set of coons and a zebra just for 1 cucumber, its nuts. I thought the URs were meant to be rare but not that rare, it seems like they are right up there with the moonswirl with how much people are paying for them. And lots of people (Nothing against people who hoard these just making a point c;) who get the URs end up wanting more and more until they have a hoard of them. Even if we could adopt only 1 more pet but let the present stay there for a couple days, it would be way better then it is now. I remeber last year when everyone was happy and busy trading and now everyone just seems to be stopped in there tracks, staring at the new URs.

Example: Evidence A Spotted on the December 18th Swap thread at 9:42 PM eastern standard time.
Someone wrote:
HAVE CUCUMBER
WANT COONTAILS AND NONCOONS
ImageImage
"I was sick of restrictions sick of the boundaries about to close the door
Such a lack of conviction no real connection what should I settle for
But you caught my attention you built on the tension and you left me wanting more
Now I don't know what to do with myself do with myself I don't want nobody else"
RainbowBizkit <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fig » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 pm

I have noticed that's it's getting harder and harder to try to trade into the rare's list. I do think that the 18th helped out a bit, and got a little new blood flowing, even if it was just a very, very small trickle. If any new users happened to adopt any of the URs, they can pretty much get anything they want.

I'm happy with the pets I got, (A '10 uncommon dog and an '09 either rare/very rare rat), but I have to admit I was a little dissapointed at first. I'd had my hopes so high. Being a very inactive user from '09, I'd hoped to adopt something that might help cross some things off my wishlist. I am, however, very surprised at how much the new URs are going for and how hard they are to find.

I'm grateful for the chance and for all of the staff's hard work, but I'd just hoped for something more from one of the biggest days on CS. There was so much hype and excitement based on the 18th I was just sort of bummed for the next 15 minutes after adopting. xD. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect to get an '08 OMGSR, and still don't; I just wish the 18th had lived up to all the hype about it. Regardless, this Christmas event has been the most enjoyable for me. It's the first year I've gotten into trading and gifting and such, and the new pets and items are adorable. It's really been a huge incentive to let go to some of my 2010's I was hoarding away.
Fig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I think that next year only 2009 and 2008 pets should be released; maybe some early.... early 2010 pets, because by then the 2010 pets will be worth more. Anywho, my sister was really excited and got a 2010 rat and November '09 dog. She's happy with the dog, but unsure what to do with the rat. Also Nick, I don't know if you've been doing this before, do you take demand into account? : ) Because I know you have the 'most popular pets' {aka pets on the most peoples wishlists} recorded somewhere, so maybe you could also take this into account when releasing pets. : ) I think December 18th should be a chance to adopt rare and very rare pets.... if you're lucky. But, I don't think you should be stuck with a 2010 rat if you're unlucky. : ) I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, because both my sister and I are grateful for December 18th, I just agree with everyone else in which that the odds should be a bit more in our favor. <3
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me