International board applications CLOSED

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: INTERNATIONAL BOARD - MODS NEEDED

Postby silver--mane » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:21 am

Your name:silver--mane (Pm me for real name if you need it)
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I would like to serve Chickensmoothie in a way I can help and also serve my Native Country and Language. I love Chickensmoothie and would love to contribute for all the hard work given to me. I would be glad if you considered my aplication.
What country are you from?: I am from Germany and now live in the US
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I speak fluent English (at school) and German (at home, also first language). I am learning Spanish but would not be good enough to apply
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: I do not have any moderationg expieriences but would be happy to have a first chance here.
How long have you been a member of CS?: I have been a member since the beginning of October just in time to get some of the September pets :)
Thank You Tess and everybody else who makes Chickensmoothie so fun!
Last edited by silver--mane on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For anyone looking for replies to trades/messages. I am rarely on as I am very busy and when I am on it is often only for the bare minimum: adopting pets and monthly swaps. My apologies to anyone's trades that get left hanging for long periods of time.
If you've got some clicks to spare:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Feel free to send me a message and I will click your pets as well!
Old Shop
All my adoptables
silver--mane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbloodfang » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 am

Your name: Blackbloodfang(PM me if you need my real name)
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: i like making people feel welcome and i love to help people with there problems. i would also love to help chickensmoothie
What country are you from?: USA
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?:i speak only japanese and I'm kinda confident.(still learning some of it)
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: no i do not have experience(but if i'm a moderator i will work really hard)
How long have you been a member of CS?: September
Blackbloodfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 am

Your name: Ashcloud14 (but my nicknames are Amberleaf, Ash, and Amber (which is the one most used))
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Well, I love Chicken Smoothie, and I am quite good at helping other people!!!! If I hadn't been so late in joining here.... and if I wasn't so evil at times :twisted: .... then I could have been a moderator here! :(
What country are you from?: Canada
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: Well, English of course, but also I speak quite a bit of French (I am very confident and learning even MORE!!!!), some Japanese (but still learning, but we're starting the crucial unit in DECEMBER!!! :D ), and a few words of both German and Polish
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: Well, I'm an admin of my website for adoptables! :)
How long have you been a member of CS?: Since.... idk, I think since August 29th. Let me check. .... *2 minutes later* Yes. Since August 29th. :D Thanks! :)
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coolgirl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Your name: Coolgirl
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I love Chicken Smoothie,and I would like to help out
What country are you from?: born-russia right now- USA
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I am really good at both Russian and English
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?:
No, not yet atleast :lol: Didnt have the chance :(
Coolgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:04 pm

wow, there are so many of you o_o this is going to be hard to choose...

I'll close applications in a couple of days, so if anyone is still out there, please apply soon :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:12 pm

Mellina wrote:Hello Tess,

a really nice idea, but how is that supposed to turn out?

I just try to imagine the trading thread divided in numerous different threads, sometimes with languages only a handful of members understand at all. And if you publish in more than one, offering the same pets, how are you supposed to keep control over it? By the way, it is hard enough to find something now, you are really looking for! :mrgreen:

Wouldn´t it be good enough to start multilingual threads within the chatboard for the beginning, where new members can ask questions in their language? That would be a good way to find out, about how much they are frequented from different users and different languages, too.

What I found out about the users in here, yet, is that most of them are very helpful and concerned about the threads of other users. And there are many which feel responsible enough, to pass on informations about contents in threads which shouldn´t be in there.

But do we really need mods for every other language spoken in here?

Maybe it will turn out, that some boards are used that much, that there is a need to put an own mod in there. But then it is still time enough to search for somebody being fluently in that certain language needed.

Don´t misunderstand me, please. I like the idea in general, but in this state I believe, there will be more disadvantages than advantages. At least until there is something in hand, which languages are really requested by the users.

Mellina

It will most likely be just a general chat/introductions board for all foreign-language speakers to converge upon - with a small group of mods who can cover the main languages spoken by CS visitors (I'm mainly looking for German, Russian, Polish, and French... although to a lesser extent we do have visitors who speak Dutch, Chinese, Spanish etc etc...)

the site would be hard to navigate without speaking some english, so I assume most our foreign-language friends are able to negotiate their way around the main CS trading/adoptions area without needing their own - and if they're struggling, they can find some help from members in the international board ;)

the board will be open to all CS members, so if people are looking for a foreign pen-pal or help with their french homework, etc, it'd be a good place to look ;)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Wolfe » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Wow great questions Mellina and Great answers Tess
it explains a lot throughly
ImageImage
Lawliet gifted this pet to me as a gift for being a new colorist! thank you so much I love my fat cat ~<3
Image Image
Captain Wolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serena » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:21 am

Your name: Real name- Amber
Username- Serena
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I find CS a nice site, and I want to do something in return, because I have seen a lot of forums that went bad because there weren't enough mods.
What country are you from?: The Netherlands.
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I speak English(of course) and Dutch, I can speak a little bit of German, but enough to understand certain sentences. I am very good at Dutch, because it is the first language I learned. English is also going very good, and german is going quite ok.
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: A tiny bit, but I don't think it is enough to really call it 'moderating experience'.
How long have you been a member of CS?: I'm not sure. Let's see, I became a member around August, so I would think a couple of months.
"We can't giggle, it's a crime scene!"
ImageImageImageImage
<3 Stray Dog is my Loyal Pet and my Scourge Sister <3

Want help but don't want to wait too long for a reply? There's a new Help System just for that! =]

"You're staying alive, staying alive."
Serena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatsu » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:08 am

INTERNATIONAL BOARD MODERATOR APPLICATION:
Your name: Alexandra
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Because I like the power! Nah, lol. I DO like helping out and, quite frankly chickenSmoothie is one of those sites where everyone seems so nice and well-behaved, so I'd like to contribute to the site in any way I can.
What country are you from?:Peru (South America)
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: English and Spanish. I am quite comfortable with either, since I've studied in an American school for 15 years *I wanted to study in the States, but never got to go. I'm hoping my bachelor's will be in California). As for spanish;well, if I couldn't understand it, then it'd be VERY hard living here. xD
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: I was a moderator in a cult on Neopets. There were around 120 members.
How long have you been a member of CS?: Since early October.

ImageImage
Tatsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfblazer » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:16 am

Your name: Wolfie. <3

Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Because I love Chicken Smoothie! And language is a passion of mine, I want to be completely bilingual one day. ^^

What country are you from?: England. :3

What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: In school I learn German and Mandarin. I have been doing both for, what? 3 years it must be now.

Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: Yup, I am currently a moderator on a wonderful virtual pet site called Creature Breeder. And I have been happily moderting there for over a year now. ^^
I enjoy it very much.

How long have you been a member of CS?: 22nd of September, but I had been hanging around the main site long before that. You get so easily addicted to this place. Hehe.
Why don't we open our heart
and let some
buttercups grow?
wolfblazer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me