Pound message needs changing (now with poll)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should the message change?

Keep the message how it is.
5%
Change it to something a bit less upsetting, but keep it a little bit sad.
16%
Change it to something neutral, like "hey, remember me? I'm a pound pet! It's ok if you wanna trade me though."
34%
Change it to literally just "this trade you made contains a pet you got from the pound, are you sure?"
25%
Get rid of the message entirely.
20%

Total votes : 398

Re: Pound message needs changing (now with poll)

Postby wolfyyoyogamer » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:16 pm

yes! im stupidly empathetic about things, and every time i see that message it hurts. i know its pixels, but still.
wolfyyoyogamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crystal_Winterz » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:19 pm

supporting this
Crystal_Winterz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefoxx01 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:22 pm

wolfyyoyogamer wrote:yes! im stupidly empathetic about things, and every time i see that message it hurts. i know its pixels, but still.

Yea, me too. I don’t know why, but it just who I am, I guess.

I remember last year before I became a non-COPPA, one of my friends got a message about trading away their pound pet. They immediately declined the trade. If I remember correctly, that trade was for a pet they really wanted and I don’t think it’s fair that they felt like they needed to cancel the trade. I think that the message should be more neutral.

It’s also kinda sad because when I’m in an auction I sometimes accidentally put a pound pet in the trade. Especially when it a quantity bid, it can be a small pain to cancel because you would have to add everything back EXCEPT the ONE pet. Same with a gift war.

I’m trying to group all my pound pets so I stop getting the messages but I have THOUSANDS of pets, from trades, adoptions, and pound adopting alike, so it’s hard to get every pet I’ve ever gotten from the pound in one spot. And I’ve only been around for almost two years!

(Sorry if I sound disrespectful to the staff and all... I really am)
70% of the world think warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, “STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!!”
If I Don’t Respond To A PM Right Away, It’s Because My Anxiety Won’t Let Me Think Straight. Thank You For Your Patience!
Mood: Someone RP Albether with me please I’m begging you I’ll literally do anything

ImageImageImageImage
Firefoxx01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:39 pm

It really needs to be changed. Not only can it be super anxiety-inducing, it directly conflicts with the general attitude of the site. Despite the pound page saying it opens less frequently than it does, we've also been told that it's "running out" which is indirectly encouraging users to donate to keep that from happening. It also has a big "Donate" button when it's closed, further encouragement. At no point is there even a suggestion that you could get guilt-tripped for doing so. I was blindsided by it the first time, and no amount of blocking further messages is going to get that bitter taste out of my mouth.

I usually stalk the pound for new adopts the first week after they're released, especially for smaller litters, to maximize my chances of getting all outcomes because the trading system is fairly cumbersome and confusing to me and I'd rather avoid it. I don't like feeling punished for donating extras at the end of the month to help out others who hoard or missed out for whatever reason.
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon.enthusiast » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:09 am

this needs to be seen by more people, i myself don't struggle with feeling guilty, but i can see how this would make other people feel bad and i definitely don't think its necessary. thanks!
pardon me i'm a little horse

carrddappervolkflight risingcompleted hoards
pigeon.enthusiast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirited away » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:35 am

I always feel so bad when that message pops up. I learned to ignore it. Yet at first my guilt trip feelings were so high.

spirited away

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crouchy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:41 am

I agree. The message is very upsetting and I would be so happy to see it gone entirely. Do we have any indication that the powers of Chicken Smoothie are reading this? I have to think that it has been considered in the past but they want to keep it?
Pet's name: Jelly
Crouchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TzatzikiTheLeg » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 am

Support,even though I don't really feel guilty after seeing the message,I definitely agree that it is upsetting. But the message should just be replaced as many people don't like trading pound pets and they might want to be reminded that a pet was adopted from the pound.
I love opeth! dm me and we can chat about opeth
I also love septicflesh and hypocrisy and gus g. I just rlly love metal music
TzatzikiTheLeg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby then » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:46 am

Support.

This is very upsetting to me, even though i support “kill shelters.”

This can be scary for little children, and adults
meme 👏
────────────▴─
┅s h o o k┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─▴──gifter──────────
┌───advid lover of pewdiepie────┐
└──trade me items!──────────┘
─animal rights activist, feminist ─────────▴─
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─▴────────────
review 👏
then

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarecrowz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:39 pm

support
when I was newer to CS I was really upset when I got these messages (still kind of upset about it), and it can be really upsetting to the younger players

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me