The state of the economy... Overblown or a real problem?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: The state of the economy... Overblown or a real problem?

Postby RainbowBizkit <3 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Nick wrote:The intention was for that present to be adopted 110,000 times, and that's what we based our numbers on. It turns out that it only got adopted 45,000 times in total.

The box has always had commons/uncommons in it. If it only had rare pets, the adoption limit would have to be lower, potentially lower than 1 pet per person, which would mean that we could not run the event. We can either release rare pets that few people get, or less rare pets that everybody gets. We cannot release rare pets that everybody gets.

Ah yes nick, but, if it was only adopted 45,000 times and it was meant to be adopted 110,000 then if you released the present on the 26th again, then it would only be adopted another 45,000 times which would only add up to 90,000 pets. It's up to you Admins c: but if you just released the same amount of rares and very rares and uncommons once more wouldn't it be more equal that way? c:
ImageImage
"I was sick of restrictions sick of the boundaries about to close the door
Such a lack of conviction no real connection what should I settle for
But you caught my attention you built on the tension and you left me wanting more
Now I don't know what to do with myself do with myself I don't want nobody else"
RainbowBizkit <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:01 pm

RainbowBizkit <3 wrote:
Nick wrote:The intention was for that present to be adopted 110,000 times, and that's what we based our numbers on. It turns out that it only got adopted 45,000 times in total.

The box has always had commons/uncommons in it. If it only had rare pets, the adoption limit would have to be lower, potentially lower than 1 pet per person, which would mean that we could not run the event. We can either release rare pets that few people get, or less rare pets that everybody gets. We cannot release rare pets that everybody gets.

Ah yes nick, but, if it was only adopted 45,000 times and it was meant to be adopted 110,000 then if you released the present on the 26th again, then it would only be adopted another 45,000 times which would only add up to 90,000 pets. It's up to you Admins c: but if you just released the same amount of rares and very rares and uncommons once more wouldn't it be more equal that way? c:

I agree, but I think slightly more pets would be adopted, because there still are some users joining. But the day after Christmas really wouldn't be a good time, seeing as mostly everyone would be speeding time with family instead of glued to the computer.
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Magikarp. wrote:
RainbowBizkit <3 wrote:

I agree, but I think slightly more pets would be adopted, because there still are some users joining. But the day after Christmas really wouldn't be a good time, seeing as mostly everyone would be speeding time with family instead of glued to the computer.

Usually the last Christmas gift is available for a few days, so perhaps if there was a last gift, we would possibly be able to adopt it for two or so days, but any more would be too much.
Regardless I doubt we will have a second release, as much as I desire one. Personally, I don't see why not. Many people refer to CS as "just a game" and while I think very highly of it, I agree to a certain extent. It's certainly not real life. When the "economy" is not so good, the people are sad just the same, however when there is a surplus of rares the only people who could complain are those who were "rich" in the first place, but at the moment there are very few "rich" users, and even less than that would would complain about having too many rare pets. Not that a second release would create this, however it would certainly add to the amount by a great deal with another release with the numbers fixed to be where they should be.
It was a simple miscalculation, and I'm very surprised it happened. I would have expected it to be adopted 110,000 times, but it just didn't happen...

I do hope that paragraph made sense... xD

Edit; Excuse me for repeating something I said previously, haha.
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš– πšžπš—πšπš’πš• 𝚠𝚎 πšŠπšŒπš‘πšŽ"

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:23 pm

-Firestar- wrote:90,000 fresh potentially valuable pets in circulation makes a difference in everyone's lives because the economy , trade value and the state of the auction/trade boards affects everyone.

45,000, not 90,000.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tawny224 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 pm

I have been here since 2009 and have had a good run. I traded for an OMGSR zebra and yet I got a 2009 pet I already had and an 09 dog newborn. I am quite shocked at the amount of people that just got commons this year. Look up the 18 discussion from last year and there are literally 20 pages of just sundogs and moondogs, and UR's that everyone got!
Tawny224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Nick wrote:
-Firestar- wrote:90,000 fresh potentially valuable pets in circulation makes a difference in everyone's lives because the economy , trade value and the state of the auction/trade boards affects everyone.

45,000, not 90,000.

Oh. Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought that was the number of users who adopted so I doubled it for the number of pets to get 90. :)

Icesky wrote:
Usually the last Christmas gift is available for a few days, so perhaps if there was a last gift, we would possibly be able to adopt it for two or so days, but any more would be too much.

That's a great idea. Have the box available to adopt for a few days 2-3(?) so that if someone misses a day, they don't miss out on the box :)
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:11 am

-Firestar- wrote:effectively making 'join date' a static number of how rich one is.

I'd just like to ask you: Just because I am a 2008 member, does that mean I'm rich? No. I have 33 pages of WL, all of those pets which I don't own. Just because someone might be of a certain date, it does not, in any shape or form, effect how "rich" they are. If they joined a few days ago, then sure, I get your drift. But overall, your joining date doesn't affect how wealthy you are.
Just a little note I wanted to butt in there. ^^;;

But otherwise, I do support the idea(s) of putting some of the new URs in the Pound, or having another re-release day. The number of July pets that have been given out yesterday or the day before will make a severe blow to the economy. Yes, the Moonswirl/Dogtag/Joker bunny went down, and so have a few others, but I haven't seen many sunpups. I shuffled through the IDs - only sunpups I could find were off-site. The few I did find in accounts weren't for trade, etc.
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 am

Fat Unicorn wrote:
-Firestar- wrote:effectively making 'join date' a static number of how rich one is.

I'd just like to ask you: Just because I am a 2008 member, does that mean I'm rich? No. I have 33 pages of WL, all of those pets which I don't own. Just because someone might be of a certain date, it does not, in any shape or form, effect how "rich" they are. If they joined a few days ago, then sure, I get your drift. But overall, your joining date doesn't affect how wealthy you are.
Just a little note I wanted to butt in there. ^^;;

You have around 800 pets and you own a sunback. A person that just joined won't have near that number nor the means to get a sunback through normal trading. Do you have the same amount of pets that I do? No, not at all. I've been a very active member. Even those that stop playing for 3 months still have monthly adopts from every month since they joined. As a general rule, older=richer regardless of what's on your wishlist because you were around to get those (now rare) monthly sets.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:54 am

I, personally was very disappointed about what I got-a rat that just turned rare, and a common-uncommon bunny.

Nick-since that happened, can we have a second "December 18th" sometime soon?

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:59 pm

I completely agree with what you're saying, Firestar.

I've been on CS long enough to see the past two re-releases, and none of those years were as 'dull' as this. There was a significant amount of July and August '08s circling, as well as URs. I was able to obtain two out of the three UR pets released last year - but this year I haven't been able to find enough of them to offer on let alone get them.

It's wonderful that CS allows this re-release to happen each year, but this year the excitement and hype wasn't met. Only the very recent rarity changes reverted back, and I doubt it will be long before the Moonswirl, Dog-tag, and others go back up to OMG status. It's worrying now that we've exceeded the 200k members mark (even if a lot of those aren't actively adopting members) that we may not have enough older pets circulating the CS economy.
╔═ Β· ✧ Β· ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β• Β· ✧ Β· ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me