International board applications CLOSED

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: INTERNATIONAL BOARD - MODS NEEDED

Postby inari » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Your name?: Inari (for my real name PM me)
Why would you like to be a Mod in the international board?:I love chicken smoothie, the community is nice and the people here are so friendly and wonderful. This is one of the few sites that I feel "at home" on as one might say. I want to do everything I can to support this great community. I am on everyday always seeing whats new.
What country are you from?: U.S.
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you in them?: I speak English fluently, I speak Spanish somewhat well, I also can speak a little Japanese.
Do you have any moderating experience? If so when were you a moderator?: I was never a moderator, I was just a person who watched out for rule breakers...
How long have you been a member of CS: October
Pet's name: Envoy
ImageImage
inari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Malk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Your name : Malk is my pseudonyme. Of course I've a name but I d'ont like to give it on internet.
    Why would you like to be a mod in the international board ? : Why ? Because when I'm not on class, I'm on the net. And when I'm on the net, I'm on Chicken Smoothie. And when I'm on Chicken Smoothie, I'm fighting with my English-French Dictionary for speak with you on the forum XD. I'm on the fow' (like we say in french for forum) the morning (like now) for 30 minutes and the evening (after school) for hum ... 4-5 hours.
    What country are you from ? : I'm born in France, I live in France XD.
    What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them ? : I'm speaking french (logic) and I learnt to speak english since hum ... 9 years (it's so long XD). I've the practice to go on english or american forum and speak in english with people. Most of the time, everybody understand me (even if I think a make weird sentences XD). I love write and "type on the keyboard" in english but when it's to speak in english ... It's more hard XD (but I've got 15/20 at my final exam (BAC) in english oral test).
    Do you have any moderating experience ? If so, where were you a moderator ? : I'm administrator on 2 french Rpg forum (The BlackBlood Alliance & The BlackBlood Alliance Révolution) And I'm moderator on a big french site of virtual breed of horses (ZeCheval).
    How long have you been a member of CS ? : Euh ... Since ... Begin of August 2008 (because my first pet is the red black mystery pup). And on the forum ... Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008

And I'm late in school now T-T XD
I don't have the time to answer all your messages/PMs/sweet words, but be sure that I read and appreciate each one guys ♥
(Same for trades)

ImageImage
Quastor Alba & Sam'(antha Carter) ________________ Lytium & Malk
Malk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Your name: Featherwolf Real name: Camenza
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Because I think it sounds really exciting, and I would love to be able to help you and the other moderators out with it, so you dont have to stress that much. More heads is better than one right ^^? I also love CS and it could be great with an international community, where every nationality has a chance to be there ^^
What country are you from?: I'm born in Bogota in Colombia (South America), but I have lived in Denmark my whole life
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I speak of course Danish and then English and German. I'm very confident at Danish, English and German. Only my german gramma has to be worked on a bit, but I understand german totally and can speak and write it ^^
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: Sadly not really. I have had a few small moderator jobs in some RPG forums, and a few places that I have started myself, but where there never really wasn't any members, sadly.
How long have you been a member of CS?: I sadly hasn't been member for that long. I first discovered this lovely site around 22 october or at least around that date, and I have come to stay =D!
Last edited by Pluma on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:07 pm

Please don't apply if you really don't know any language besides English. :D
Knowing a couple of words or sentences in another language doesn't count!
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twinkling Star » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:06 am

Your name: Huskylover (Ally)
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Well i see many people chatting in diffrant languages and i have try to translate them with my mac translator to help sometimes
What country are you from?: United States
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: None but i have a translator and it is a good on i feel i can help but that is really up to you ;)
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: Yes i am a mod on this site
http://webkinzone2.smfforfree3.com/index.php User name : Cloudstrife
And i am a admin here
http://webkinz-lovers.forummotion.com/forum.htm

User name Huskylover
i kinda put site site together lol

How long have you been a member of CS?: Since August 5th 08
Username changed! Past username was: TheAlbinoBunny (alternatively I was also once Huskylover)
Twinkling Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mellina » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:30 am

Hello Tess,

a really nice idea, but how is that supposed to turn out?

I just try to imagine the trading thread divided in numerous different threads, sometimes with languages only a handful of members understand at all. And if you publish in more than one, offering the same pets, how are you supposed to keep control over it? By the way, it is hard enough to find something now, you are really looking for! :mrgreen:

Wouldn´t it be good enough to start multilingual threads within the chatboard for the beginning, where new members can ask questions in their language? That would be a good way to find out, about how much they are frequented from different users and different languages, too.

What I found out about the users in here, yet, is that most of them are very helpful and concerned about the threads of other users. And there are many which feel responsible enough, to pass on informations about contents in threads which shouldn´t be in there.

But do we really need mods for every other language spoken in here?

Maybe it will turn out, that some boards are used that much, that there is a need to put an own mod in there. But then it is still time enough to search for somebody being fluently in that certain language needed.

Don´t misunderstand me, please. I like the idea in general, but in this state I believe, there will be more disadvantages than advantages. At least until there is something in hand, which languages are really requested by the users.
Bitte gebe mir die Gelassenheit hinzunehmen, was nicht zu ändern ist;
den Mut zu ändern, was ich ändern kann
und die Weisheit zwischen beiden zu unterscheiden.

ImageImageImage
Artwork and customs made for me
Mellina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:59 am

Your name: Sorren Fey
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: It would be a nice alternation to write/read a little german, because almost all boards I'm on are english. XD
What country are you from?: Germany
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: German (fI would say excellent), Polish (not fluently, but I can understand all spoken/written XD My parents are from Poland.)
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: XD Um, here. Yes. You know, I'm always glad to help you out. But please choose at first some of the other candidates and only pick me as the latest hope. XD
How long have you been a member of CS?: Since August 17th.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celina Meijra » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:24 am

Okay let's try this too! It think it's a good idea Tess, I've seen several members who speak another language, and maybe they'll feel a little more comfortable.

Your name: My nickname is Celina, and it's the same as my real.
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I'd love to help people and maybe I can turn out to be a little usefull (xD)? I also love Chickensmoothie, and I'm kinda bonded to all the nice people here. I'd really love to help you mods, with all this, so I can show you how much I care!
What country are you from?: I'm from the Netherlands, in Europe.
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: Hmm yea, I havent seen this one around. I speak Dutch, very very well. There's nothing about that language I don't know ;). I also speak german, but not as well as dutch, but pretty confident. And what about French? I'm in my fourth year of learning, and I think I can understand that one pretty good too! Hmm, and I'm learning Spanish, but that one is a little hard for me, but I can help you out with that language too, if I have to. It'll work though. And English ofcourse!
(Many languages huh..xD (I also do a little Italian, but I don't think I can help you out with that.. :P ))
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: I do have some moderating experience, but not anymore (since I found chickensmoothie :lol: ), It was on a kind of "clansite", of playing on Jippii. Also, I've been a moderator on horse-nation.com, but I stopped there completely, cause It was getting boring.
How long have you been a member of CS?: Hmm, I adopted my first adoptable in August, but... I've become a real member in September. But I'm pretty much online. ;)

Thanks for your time,
You have much responses already!

Love,
Celina
~~~~~~~~~~
Just because I'm losing,
Doesn't mean I'm lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wat gebroken is kan je lijmen,
en dan heelt het heel misschien.
Maar zoals vroeger wordt het nooit,
want de barsten blijf je zien.

~~~~~~~~~~
Celina Meijra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:12 am

Your name: Rose
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Because I love CS and I'd really, really like to help.
What country are you from?: China (southern coast bit.)
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I speak Mandarin, and a bit of Spanish. I'm not outstandingly fluent in either.
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: I'm an admin in 2 forums, and a moderator in 2. The forums are IHatch, Somethings, Egg-Hatchery place, and my friend's forum whose name is mostly numbers,
How long have you been a member of CS?: About 2 months, I think.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyToothpaste » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:09 am

Your name: I usually just call myself/get called Lenny, I prefer not giving out my real name :I
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I think it could be really fun helping out and managing the forum a little... Especially if it's in a language I understand better ^^
What country are you from?: Sweden
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: Swedish - very confident! If there will be a swedish board I'd be very interested in being a moderator there... x) English, well... I can't speak perfect english, but I've read english books, resarch for studies in english, chat with english people and are on a lot of sites in english and understands and gets understood most of the time. :> but I guess english doesn't matter in this thread
And also such a tiny bit spansih that it doesn't count xD
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: I am a moderator on a small, Swedish ginga-fan-forum called WorldOfGinga, and also am administrator over an OekakiARTbased oekaki together with a friend.
How long have you been a member of CS?:Since less than a month? Not long.
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
FAQ
♦ No, I do not collect the CS pets. Why? I don't want to.
NO NEED TO SEND ME TRADES.
♦ The linearts in the oekaki have been deleted - if there's anything left of
them saved anywhere I don't mind them being used, but under the same rules:
Only take credit for your editing, and do not use it to gain anything of real or virtual values(=do not sell it)
♦ I do no longer make the winking avatars; free templates can be found [here] instead
♦ I am pretty much completely inactive here, if you need to contact me desperately - talk to Skritnaja.
TUMBLR
SaltyToothpaste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me