I'm Sorry

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: I'm Sorry

Postby Shian » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:50 am

Viva la Gloria! wrote:. I always try to see through the eyes of others and reserve harsh judgement when posting,

I don't see that in your posting history TBH. Just looking through your posts you seem to be as provocative as possible. Especially in the games forums of all places. Do you honestly think that asking someone if eating human flesh or Jesus' blood is yum or yucky is appropriate? Or that no one finds that harsh/insulting in the least bit?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viva la Gloria! » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:05 am

Bernouli wrote:Maybe some people think what you said was subtle, but you have to remember we have children on this site, and they can and will take offense to a whole range of things. There's also the parents of those kids. I bet if some 10 year old's mother saw you talking about being 'high' in your sig like that, they would not be too amused.

Being staff, we have to consider the age range of CS, and we'd like to think that our older more mature members would understand the precautions we need take to protect our younger users.

As I said, people on CS talk about 'mature' things all the time, at least in the adult forum. Just look at some of the most popular topics. Being 'high' doesn't necessitate illegal and/or recreational drug use... but I respect CS standards, parents are always very protective. They could also be offended that we're talking about it right now :silent:
Vance <3

Pet's name: Vance

Named after this chap here:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vance_(Fallout_3)

Viva la Gloria!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viva la Gloria! » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 am

-Firestar- wrote:I don't see that in your posting history TBH. Just looking through your posts you seem to be as provocative as possible. Especially in the games forums of all places. Do you honestly think that asking someone if eating human flesh or Jesus' blood is yum or yucky is appropriate? Or that no one finds that harsh/insulting in the least bit?

Maybe, but I found all the gross food mentioned on there pretty insulting.
I was just trying to have fun :cry:

I wasn't the only one who said human flesh anyway XD
I made mistakes, especially when I first started CS.
Can you give me any more examples?
Vance <3

Pet's name: Vance

Named after this chap here:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vance_(Fallout_3)

Viva la Gloria!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonlily » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 am

Saying your comment was "a relatively subtle sexual reference" is like calling a mountain a "speck of dust". I find it impossible to believe that you did not KNOW it was exceedingly offensive and disrespectful. As Leurai said, you might be better off if you avoid debates altogether if you cannot gauge where your comments lie on the scale of 'appropriateness'.

As Bernouli said, you need to remember we have children on this site. Yes, there are adult topics in the adult topics area, but they are still open for reading by -every- member on CS, including COPPA'd and non-COPPA'd children. We encourage debating in a civil manner. Not with offensive, sarcastic, goading, teasing, derisive, disrespectful, or downright hostile comments. You seem to be an intelligent person. I would hope you would understand that there are levels of "joking around" that are just not funny. And I'm sorry say this, but CS is not the USA, and it is not a democracy. You do not have freedom of speech here.

Locking this before it turns purely argumentative.
moonlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me