Too Much 2nd-Gen?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Too Much 2nd-Gen?

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:14 am

Those second gens will become valuable rares in the future, and people will appreciate getting them from the pound :).
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:43 am

thenickdude wrote:Those second gens will become valuable rares in the future, and people will appreciate getting them from the pound :)

Yeah, people will delete so many of them out of rage they'll be rare when they're taken off the main page. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:14 am

They're getting taken off? When?
I was pretty sure I saw a topic somewhere which suggested that they will stay because "it will give newbies something to trade" which is a bit strange since everyone has them and newbies keep wanting to trade them for stuff like julys.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Folktale » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:08 pm

I'm thinking that Lady has the right of it - Maybe we could kindly ask Tess and the CS Staff to take down the Second Gen's for a month or so?
I know I have a ton of second gen repeats, but I'd rather not send them to the pound - seeing as how it's already overflowing! - and to delete them seems unkind.
None of my Wild Mountain Equids are available for purchase or trade.
If you have questions about a breeding with one of my characters that was previously agreed upon, please message me. I would prefer not to have my character bred any further, if possible.
My WMEs
Folktale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:48 pm

I've been deleting them. Since the parents don't seem to have any intention of being spayed/neutered any time soon, I'll delete some of the extras. :P
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kathylilia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:21 pm

I always keep them. I adopted them too from the pound if there is nothing else valuable. wait for couple of months and they worth greatly later
ImageImage Image

dusk is my bff who help me trade pets
kathylilia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:37 pm

kathylilia wrote:I always keep them. I adopted them too from the pound if there is nothing else valuable. wait for couple of months and they worth greatly later

The 2nd gens have never gone off before. The ones adopted in the first release of 2nd gen aren't worth any more than the ones from yesterday.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:07 am

Toastburg, this post was right on the tip of my tongue! I was just coming here to write the same thing.

The old sec. generation pups should be TOTALLY TAKEN OUT. New players can get millions from all of the old players. I would like to see brand new sec.gen replace the old. :lol:
Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:20 am

I am making a new group only for second genes.I got some that were adopted in july/august,and I don't like them to stay together with my july and august favourites.That looks crazy O.o
2 days ago and yesterday I adopted 2-nd genes off the pound.Since I didn't want my adult doggies to be put in the newborn group to be nurses,I used the two second genes from pound as nurses XD I gave them names ''nurse (name here) '' and I am happy now-someone really is looking after my newborns now!When the pound will open again only with 2-nd genes,I will adopt some more to puppysit my pups XD
I am not selfish.I am catfish.Not selfish.

ImageImage

Dead account- I am now found HERE
3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unpredictable » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:25 am

I personaly love the second gens ^.^ I've adopted five of them so far, and plan to adopt more whenever they come up ^.^ It is completly understandable that the Pound is mostly made up of them. People donate them to the Pound because they have extras of them, plus they're the most common pet right now, so when people get banned, they'll likely have a few of them in their account that go to the Pound. The older pets are rarer, which means that most people don't have them, and those that do don't want to donate them. As well, older members that have rare pets are less likely to be banned than new members, because they know all the rules and have followed them for months.

I don't support the deleting of any pet. Deleting is for unwanted pets, and as there is usually always someone who would love and take care of that pet if it were givin to them, then no pet is truly unwanted.

Perhaps a way to help out this "problem" a tiny bit is to simply allow users to adopt more pets from the Pound, but only if they're second gens. For instence, perhaps users would be allowed to adopt three pets in a day if they're second gens, but only one pet if it isn't. Expanding on that idea, because this problem would likely appear in the future as well, perhaps if a pet is avalible on the site to adopt, then more of them should be allowed to be adopted from the pound. This would reduce the number of second gens and that month's avalible dogs from the pound.

Of course, that idea would not solve the problem. second gens and common dogs will always be adopted last from the pound, that's just how things are. Everyone wants the rare dogs, so they are snatched up quickly, leaving the less desirable ones behind. It happens in real animal shelters as well as other games on the internet. The more desirable get adopted first, it's a fact of life.

Having a different pound just for the second gens wouldn't help eaither, because they would just pile up there while everyone waited for the other Pound to open...

Anyways, I hope this huge post helped a bit XD
unpredictable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me