Frequently Asked Questions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Frequently Asked Questions

Postby blacksquirrel950 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:46 am

This thread is for people who are new to CS and its forums, haven't read the announcements on the forums, and haven't read the FAQ on the main site. Even though I'm not a mod, I'd like to address some questions that are frequently asked by newbies, and answer them.

Q: Can I breed my pets?
A: No. Tess probably won't breed pets, as it would involve her having to draw every breeding combination possible. She doesn't have TIME to do this, and what happens if people want to bred the bred pets? You can look at the 2nd gen pets. :)

Q: I'm new to the forums. What should I do?
A: Welcome! Feel free to post a topic in the Introductions forum, browse around the forums, and adopt a pet!

Q: How do I adopt a pet?
A: Go to the main page. On the top left hand corner of the screen, there is the word "Adoptables" in large font. Below that, there are a few links that say "Dogs/Wolves" then going on to "Rats", "Butterfly Wolves", "Warrior Cats" and a few others. If you click on any of those links, it'll go to page where you can adopt something?

Q: Will my pet die or run away?
A: Nope. Your pet stays with you unless you delete it, your account gets banned (in which case your pet will end up in the Pound), or you give it away in a trade.

Q: How do I make a site like CS?
A: It'll take a while to, as it will require a lot of time learning HTML and PHP and maybe even looking at Chicken Smoothie's source code.

Q: How do I learn HTML?
A: There is a reliable site called W3Schools that has some tutorials that will help you learn HTML, JavaScript, and a few other scripting languages. You can also buy a book about these scripting languages or search a search engine like Google or Yahoo "html tutorials", though I can't guarantee you'll get a reliable site.

Q: How do I make a website?
A: You can use Freewebs (also known as just plain "Webs") for a free website host, but if you want to use PHP, then you'll have to use a different host, as Freewebs doesn't support PHP, even if you have a Premium account on Freewebs. [url]http://000webhost.com]000Webhost[/url] is a good and free host that supports PHP and MySQL.

Q: How do my pets grow? Do I need to put them on a website?
A: The pets have their own time to grow. Putting them on a website is a good idea, but not necessary.

Q: How does the code for my pet work?
A: Tess has made a tutorial about this here.

More will come later. And if a mod thinks that this isn't a great idea, feel free to lock or delete it.
Hem hem. I'm back. ^^
ImageImage
Please click my dragons!

(Thanks, Mellina! :D)
blacksquirrel950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Lady » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 am

If you would bother looking at the announcements stuck to the top of every forum and even in your control panel, you would see that we already have one of these. (It's called Chicken Smoothie Basics.)

If you want to add to it, drop your post over there.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me