Can someone please help me?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Can someone please help me?

Postby valerie123 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 am

Can someone help me?
im trying to create a new adoptable pet but im having trouble making the image background transparent.
i know that you have to "copy the image location" and change the format to "png" but for some reason it wont work :/
the background stays white....
any idea why this is happening?
thank you
I have a dream:
to own every pet on CS! i would greatly appreciate it to anyone who helps me accomplish my dream! All donations and trades welcome! And thank u to those who have made my dream closer to becoming a reality :D
valerie123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Can someone please help me?

Postby Spotty » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:01 am

If you're trying to make something on the oekaki transperant you do like this:
This is an example I typed up for Kaige, the art belongs to them^^.

Spotty wrote:First, make sure that you do not draw anything on the white layer that's at the bottom of your oekaki, you have to hide it. The checkered background has to be showing.

Spotty wrote:Okay, so here is the URL for your drawing, just the way it looks when I copy your image location:
Code: Select all
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=577254&size=large&format=auto&rev=1

You see the part that says format=auto close to the end of the URL? If you change auto to png the image will show up with a transperant background. The code now looks like this:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=577254&size=large&format=png&rev=1

If you post this code with img tags around it, it will show up corrrectly with transperant background. (But you have to paste it somewhere else since the background of PMs are white already^^'.
[img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=577254&size=large&format=png&rev=1[/img]

Um, I hope that this explains it, if not you can always try asking me again^^'.

This only works for images you are pasting on the forum, on it's original submission in the oekaki it'll still have a white background.

If you're not using the oekaki, but an art program on your computer it's the same untill you have your image finished with the checkered background showing. Then you click save and save it as a .png file. Upload the image to for example www.tinypic.com and use the image code it'll give you.
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Can someone please help me?

Postby valerie123 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am

wow thanks!!! this really helped! :D
I have a dream:
to own every pet on CS! i would greatly appreciate it to anyone who helps me accomplish my dream! All donations and trades welcome! And thank u to those who have made my dream closer to becoming a reality :D
valerie123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me