New Rule Suggestions?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

New Rule Suggestions?

Postby Erythro » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Okay, so recently, I am seeing a ton of "I am Christian. Post this in" etc. I was wondering that since this is for relatively younger people, that religion based comments such as the "Christian Club" and "NonChristian Club" should be banned? I know that people aren't imposing their religion on others, but it does seem to me that this site should not have it on here. There are some people that get offended by that (I'm not one of them) but I have a Christian friend in real life that plays CS and she personally asked me to remove that I'm atheist in my signature. Although, I don't feel this is a large issue, I think it should be prevented before arguments do begin to break out and other people start to try to impose.

Again, not a big issue now, but precautions, you know? I don't think it should be deserving of a warning, just to be removed or something.

Onto my next suggestion, personally, I think public blacklists should be banned. There is a foes system for such things, and I don't believe that it should be allowed to be viewed by every other member of CS. Whitelists I can understand, because they are thank yous that people can see, but blacklists are people just hating on one another.
EDIT: I mean in trades or signatures, not in shops or such. ^^
I've seen it more than I want to, but again I don't think it deserves a warning, just a removal.

Thank you guys for your time. ^^
Last edited by Erythro on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Rule Suggestions?

Postby Samantha5696 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:08 pm

I agree with the biblical stuff... I don't want to be mean or get anyone upset at me but I feel a little uncomfortable around people with Christian stuff in their signatures... But that's just me...
The blacklists I can see where your coming from. I mean I wouldn't do it on my profile or signature but in any of my shops I would. Though I've never had anyone on any of mine -shrugs- Like in my shops if someone gives me probable cause I would put them in that list but I would also put the reason why and say that they may not be bad people but they just couldn't follow rules or what ever the case may be.... -fidget- That's what I think anyway.....
ImageImageImageImageImage
Samantha5696

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WhiteWolfAnaiyu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:37 pm

I also agree...I don't think any of that should be able to be placed in signatures, other places yeah but not on signatures where everyone can see them! That's just kind of asking for huge conflicts and arguing in my opinion! I honestly don't get offended by any of that either but I do see it as posing a problem.

And public blacklists are just pointless...all they create is hate and drama that nobody wants. Like you said, that's what foeing and reporting is there for,...why on earth would you feel the need to publically display that, unless you're just trying to pick a fight? *sighs* utter nonsense I say! Plus people make mistakes you know because hey we are only human,...there's no reason for you to out them like they're the bad guys for life you know...live and learn and let live and let learn, end of story!
*~My WME's....My DA~*
Currently taking art requests for WL ONLY!
WhiteWolfAnaiyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:46 pm

No we are not making a rule against religious expression on the forum, as long as it remains posted in the appropriate places. I'm not a religious person and I have no troubles ignoring religious stuff on the forum, it's really not a problem. As with any content on the forum, if someone is being deliberately offensive (e.g. 'if you don't believe such-and-such then you're going to burn in hell') their behavior is unacceptable and is reportable.

Public blacklists already have restrictions - they shouldn't be posted in places where they are unnecessary (such as in a signature) and they cannot display 'reasons' for blacklisting people. That kind of behavior is viewed as unnecessary bullying and slander, and is reportable.

The reason we allow people to display a blacklist (names only) in certain places (e.g. trade rules or art shops) is that it provides some protection for the person with the list. If the blacklisted person continues to send trades/messages/etc, they can point to that list and say no, I've told you clearly to leave me alone. If someone has been asked to stop PMing/trading/etc with another player, but continues to do so, their behavior is considered to be harassment and is a reportable offence. It's much harder to report someone for harassment if you've never given them a clear message to leave you alone. Blacklists are not the most mature way of going about it, but it does work.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:54 pm

If I may ask, how may I report someone that has the reasons of blacklist? ^^;

And thank you for a fast answer on this. XD
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:55 pm

just find any post they've made and report it with an explanation of what you're really reporting the user for (e.g. explaining that their trade rules are inappropriate, or wherever else the blacklist is found)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me