Virus?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Virus?

Postby KaizenReptiles » Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am

I just the other day found out that I had gotten a virus from this website . . . I know your going to say that its impossible but me and a couple of friend have gotten viruses from this website. Just check into it please :( Some of my friends have already left because of this :thumbdown:

If you want post down below if you have gotten a virus
KaizenReptiles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Virus?

Postby | Aloy | » Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 am

CS will never give you or anyone a virus. It must have been picked up somewhere else, and the anti-virus software is just pointing here.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaizenReptiles » Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 am

Kandihar wrote:CS will never give you or anyone a virus. It must have been picked up somewhere else, and the anti-virus software is just pointing here.

How come when I put my new hard drive in I went to 1 website , chicken smoothie, and I had spyware on my computer :!:
KaizenReptiles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 am

As has been explicitly mentioned several times before...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=486913&p=11063269#p11063269
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=514313&p=11788735#p11788735

CS has no viruses, whatever you are becoming infected by is obviously getting through whatever 'security' you have in place, or you are recieving them from other tabs/windows you have open. Get an anti-spyware and anti-virus running and sort it out, there are plenty free ones about. Avast is an excellent free anti-virus, and Malawarebytes Anti-malware is a good anti-spyware program. There are others i'm sure that could do just as good a job.

If CS had viruses, everyone would be complaining about them, but since it is just a select 1 or 2 every blue moon, it can't be server-side.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Tue May 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Some dumb security tools call cookies "spyware", is yours one of those? What is the name of the "spyware" it finds?
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Please Delete_ » Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 am

CS can't give you a virus. As Nick said, It could just be the cookies.

PS- I find it Ironic at the bottom of this page it has advertisement for Antivirus protection :3
Computer is dead. I might not be back here for a very long time. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience.
Please Delete_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me