Can we please put a ban on...

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Can we please put a ban on...

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:09 pm

...sites such as Blingee, where people can create these extremely flashy and hazardous graphics?

Whilst I haven't seen that many people using those graphics, I would like it if there could still be a ban in place that prevents people from making these types of images.

(Don't click if you are epileptic or anything like that. I am only including these images incase anyone is unaware of exactly what I am talking about)
Example Example

These graphics are a health hazard. Looking at them makes my head hurt, my eyes water, my heart beat increases and things start to get blurry. Now, what if I was epileptic or had some other disorder that caused seizures? It is not the type of thing that we should have on CS. As we have all seen, this is a site for people from all countries, all genders and all age groups, and those people who suffer from looking at these blinky flashy things shouldn't have to enjoy CS any less because of it.

Also, to me at least, it just feels as though it is abusing the images. Tess allows us to make avatars and signatures with her images, and to ruin them like that just feels so wrong.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Can we please put a ban on...

Postby Lady » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Um, I'm not going to click on those just to pretent the possibility of the "twitch-twitch-falls on floor" thing, so I might be missing the point. Please fill me in if I am.

If you see these images on the forums, please let us know. So far, I haven't noticed anything like that but even if someone has stuff like that in their signaures or posts, it is a health hazard and will be taken down as soon as possible. We don't want kids to find out they are epiliptic by accidently coming across that on the site, I'm sure.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Lady wrote:Um, I'm not going to click on those just to pretent the possibility of the "twitch-twitch-falls on floor" thing, so I might be missing the point. Please fill me in if I am.

If you see these images on the forums, please let us know. So far, I haven't noticed anything like that but even if someone has stuff like that in their signaures or posts, it is a health hazard and will be taken down as soon as possible. We don't want kids to find out they are epiliptic by accidently coming across that on the site, I'm sure.

Wise choice :)

Well I've seen people with them in their signatures and a coupe of threads offering them in exchange for pets. Perhaps I'm just making a fuss about nothing, but I just really don't think its advisable to have them on the site :?
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:05 pm

I'm sure Tess and Nick will have more to say on the subject, but for the time being, if the graphics are bothering you severely, send a report so the admins and mods can see what you're talking about.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Lady wrote:I'm sure Tess and Nick will have more to say on the subject, but for the time being, if the graphics are bothering you severely, send a report so the admins and mods can see what you're talking about.

How would I go about that?
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veggievampire » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 pm

My eyes :shock: I agree with you -Rubs eyes- Ouch -_-
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 pm

The large flashing background is annoying anyway, even if you're not epileptic. We certainly don't want images on the forum with that much flashing content, so message me to point out offenders.. :)
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:37 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:
Lady wrote:I'm sure Tess and Nick will have more to say on the subject, but for the time being, if the graphics are bothering you severely, send a report so the admins and mods can see what you're talking about.

I explain it on the sticky about reporting posts here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=73
Basically, you just hit the little "!" image above the post that you wish to report, then tell us why you are reporting it.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Lady wrote:
Fiery Gatoh wrote:

I explain it on the sticky about reporting posts here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=73
Basically, you just hit the little "!" image above the post that you wish to report, then tell us why you are reporting it.

Ah, okay. Thanks :) (You'd think I would have noticed that, but there goes stupid fire again :P)
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animals00 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:48 pm

i use blingee, but i only put a few, non anoying animations on it
the one on the links are just over done (soz im not english)
i agree with you
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PASTEL AND CARD '08 DOG SETS UFA HERE
animals00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me