A Collection of Kite's Writings [Do Not Post]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

How's my writing?

It's lovely!
No votes
It's a fun read!
No votes
You should write a book!
100%
It's too much for me
No votes
Could use less description
No votes
I can't read
No votes

Total votes : 1

A Collection of Kite's Writings [Do Not Post]

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:24 pm

IndentionYou've stumbled across my little place of writings. Pieces that I am particularly proud of will be on display to read. Please do not post, but if you want to discuss anything posted here simply send me a pm. And as always, happy writing everyone <3 Kite

Directory

Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lights on Lights off Stories

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:42 pm

IndentionHave you played the game Lights on Lights Off? If not it's a forum game where you can trick or treat at users' virtual houses for free pets and items. For those who trick or treat you need a story of your trick or treater on the hunt for candy. I'll share a few of my stories if you'd like to read on:

A young teen 09 Red Panda GUPPS fidgeted with the placement of his green feathered hat. No matter how many times he placed it just so, eventually his hat would droop down to cover one of his black contacted eyes. Giving up he let out a shaky breath.

“Get yourself together bro. This is just nerves,” he muttered to himself while gazing into his bedroom mirror.

The red and black furred dog wore a green tunic, feathered hat, and had on a full quiver with a real bow. It had taken a lot of convincing to get his parents to agree to let him trick or treat with such dangerous accessories. He had insisted. He wasn't Robin Hood without the bow and arrows and tonight he desperately needed to dress as the famous hero.

As if on cue he heard the chime of the doorbell. He gave a deep breath before snatching up his pumpkin Halloween bag and padding down the stairs to the front door. When he opened it he was greeted by the sight of his neighbor and childhood friend, Lorelai. Only tonight the 09 Red Shima Wolf was dressed as the lovely Maid Marian.

“Oh, Lee! I thought you were going as the Mandolorian,” Lorelai exclaimed with surprise.

Lee could feel a blush rise on his cheeks. He'd prepared for this moment for weeks. Feelings had grown for his neighbor and he decided this annual trick or treat run would be different. It was time to make his move.

“Um, yeah. I decided to go as Robin Hood,” he said with a quivering voice.

A smile spread across Lorelai's face.” I see that.”

“Actually I was hoping to go as... your... Robin Hood,” he said while slowly meeting her brown eyed gaze with his own.

Her smile turned to a look of surprise then a blush colored her own cheeks.” Oh. Do you mean...”

“Yeah, as a couple.” He nervously shuffled his weight from one paw to another.

Lorelai kept the blush but the smile returned.” Sure. What's Maid Marian without her Robin Hood.”

Like a dream Lee left his house and walked the streets outside with Lorelai so close to him they bumped shoulders. As they approached the first house with lights on he slowly rested his tail on hers and she didn't pull away when they walked side-by-side. On the door step they rang the doorbell and together said, “trick or treat!”

Lee would never forget this Halloween.

Word count: 413
Date posted: 9/29/21

Gather round dearies it's time for a Halloween tale! Do you remember the thrill of your first Trick or Treat without chaperones? Nothing can match the satisfaction of feeling grown, feeling in charge! Our main adventurer, a 2022 galaxy snake, felt all these emotions and more as she gazed at herself in her bedroom mirror.

“Nothing to be nervoussss about,” she said with the typical lisp of her serpent kin. No, nothing to be ashamed of indeed. The young snake wore a glittering purple cape, intricate wings winking with sewn-in rhinestones, a necklace of faux floral, and a flower cap with the most velvet-y soft petals. A fine fairy the little serpent made!“ Better sssslither out now,” she said to herself with a last nod.

Our trick-or-treater slid out the burrow entrance of her home and coiled herself up to combat the chill of the night air. Soon a familiar beat of wings and the most whimsical neigh followed.“ Sssskiv!”

A 2016 blue pegicorn trotted up.” My dear Lilac, you look magical!”

Lilac could not blush, but she waggled her tail tip shyly.” Thank you. You know my mum goessss all out.” She paused to look her winged friend over.” Are you a…”

“An angel,” Skiv the pegicorn finished for her. She gave a merry shake so the jewels draped along her sides tinkled.

“Of coursssse you are,” Lilac said with a laugh. Truth be told the snake thought her pegicorn friend had to be the most majestic creature in all of Chickensmoothie-ville. What she wouldn’t give for real wings!

“We best head off. Sly’s mood will get worse the longer he waits,” Skiv said with a chuckle before turning to trot towards the main trail. Lilac frowned as she slithered after Skiv. She had forgotten the worst string to their blessing of a chaperone-free candy run: bringing her neighbor along. It wasn’t long before they came in view of said neighbor’s den. There he was pacing with his ghost candy bag dragging through the dirt.

“Could you be any slower?!” the 2019 Saikiyo staff dog grumbled.

“How fitting, an outlaw!” Skiv commented taking in Sly’s costume of chaps, toy gun, and bandana.

“I’m a cowboy!” the pps snapped back. Sly swept his green-eyed gaze from Skiv to the snake." You've got to be joking—a fairy?!" He erupted in laughter. Catching a breath he said, "don't you think you should dress as something more realistic like an, uh, a garden hose!" The pup peeled into more laughter. Lilac had never liked her neighbor. He was bossy and never shared his toys. He was proving to be just as rotten on Halloween.

"Ignore him, you're the most adorable fairy!" Skiv cut in before Lilac could retort back." Come on! Candies waiting!" Lilac flicked her tongue out at Sly before slithering after Skiv. The woods were not far from Chickensmoothie City, their destination, but the company was hitting a snag. The snake was having trouble with her costume. As she glided along the strings to her wings and her cape slowly rolled down her body until her fairy costume was at her tail! Lilac had to stop and readjust before her outfit rolled entirely off." Hey wait, it's slipping again," Lilac couldn't keep the frustration she felt out of her reply.

"That's alright, love. How about we wing it?" Skiv offered with a friendly neigh. The pegicorn dropped to her belly and laid her wings down like a ramp for her two companions.

"Oh yes, let's!" Lilac cried excitedly.

"Me first!" Sly padded up a wing and sat just behind Skiv's neck." The fairy should fly on her own," he added with a smirk.

Lilac screwed up her face in anger but Skiv gave a playful wink to her." Oh, so we don't need our fairy friend? You sure?"

Sly tipped his head up proudly." Nah!"

"Alright then if you say so." Skiv flapped her wings furiously to burst into flight. Sly gave a yip of surprise as he rolled off the pegicorn's back and fell in a humorous heap. It was Skiv and Lilac's turn to laugh." Some cowboy! Can't even stay on his steed," Skiv dropped down low once more." Let's try that again."

Lilac slithered up her friend's back and coiled her body securely around Skiv's neck." Coming Ssssly?" She turned to the pup who was looking nervous.

"How?" He said.

"Come ssssit in front of me," Lilac encouraged. Sly did as he was told. Once he sat Lilac looped a coil around him so they were both snug against Skiv.

"And off we go!" Skiv declared in her sing-song voice. Up the three sailed into the night sky. It took no time at all for the three to reach the city by wing. Skiv alighted down and gracefully knelt so her passengers could disembark." So nice to have you along Lilac! We couldn't travel by flight if we didn't have your wonderful coils," Skiv said brightly.

Sly looked down sheepishly feeling the stare of the other two." Yeah... I guess. It helped,” he admitted.

"No problem! Let'ssss get to trick or treating," Lilac said jovially. The first house was not far at all. Still, Sly waited patiently for Lilac to slither up and adjust her costume. He rang the doorbell only when his snake companion was ready.

"Trick or treat!!!" All three pets exclaimed.

Word count: 896
Date posted: 9/14/22

BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rise Writings

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:57 pm

IndentionDid you participate in Rise? The adoptable cats based on the Warrior Cats series? There were times you had to reply to prompts to earn rewards. There were a few stories I wrote I actually liked, have a look:

Lynxstar was first named snowkit for her pure white coat upon birth. She was the last kit born to her mother, Fawnleap, and father, Wildheart. It was a welcomed litter of three including her brother, Cloudrunner, and sister Goldenpetal. As Lynxstar matured striping began to zig zag across her appendages earning her the title Lynxpaw and then ultimately Lynxstripe. Lynxstar would have preferred to live out her days til Starclan called her home in her birth clan: Groveclan. But it was not meant to be.

When Lynxstar was 48 moons of age she began to have unsettling dreams of racing for her life through the woods of Groveclan territory. Running as if something... terrible were chasing her. She would flee on, day and night, always headed towards a curious mountain of two twin peaks. Until, finally she'd catch her breath under the shade of a massive oak tree. Looking up she would see two cats she did not recognize floating under the canopy. “Welcome home.” they would say in perfect unison, just before Lynxstar would awaken with a start.

Close to her brother more than her sister, Lynxstar tried to confide in Cloudrunner about her dream. He dismissed her visions as nothing to be alarmed about. Surely little sis was just spending too much time under the hot sun? She just needed more rest. Better meals. No, It had to be the pressures of choosing a mate and settling down. If only Lynxstar had trusted her gut that something dreadful was going to unfold.

The fateful night took place during the Gathering of the neighboring clans. Cliffclan had the privilege of walking through the very heart of Groveclan to access the Great Arch(where all clans communed with Starclan). Yet on this night the full moon rose high in the sky and yet there was no Cliffclan. The entirety of Groveclan had gathered to watch the guests enter, but there was not a stir at the entryway until moonhigh.

It was shadekit who cried out in excitement when two silhouetted shapes approached their clan. Only these two were not Cliffclan members... were they not the warriors of Treetopclan? Why were their coats mottled in a dark color? The fur did not even rise on the backs of Groveclan cats until it was too late. The whole of Treetopclan leaped down from the trees above to descend on the unsuspecting clan.

Among the chaos Lynxstar planned to give her life for her clan. She was sparring a much older warrior when the unsual glow of a transparent cat appeared a foxlength away. It was one of the cats from her vision! The second translucent cat materialized directly beside Lynxstar, to whisper in her ear: “flee. You must flee.”

Lynxstar resisted their advice until her brother, Cloudrunner, shouldered into the warrior she was battling and looked his sister in the eyes.” All is lost,” he gasped. “I have seen the cats from your vision. They've told me you are to flee. You must carry on our clan, Lynstripe. Please!”

What could she say to those desperate words? Lynxstar had never disobeyed her dear brother. The two cats from Starclan urged her, “flee! Flee!” She heard these words echoing in her head as she took off at a run. At first Treetopclan cats were hot on her paws. One misstep would surely cost her life. Yet Starclan was with Lynxstar, and her paws never faltered.

She would be the only Groveclan member to make it out that night. The journey to the meadow below Twin Mountains was exhausting and full of tears. A full half-moon of travel would finally lead Lynxstar to the fateful totem, the landmark to always be the link to Starclan. Sleeping under the carved pole she would receive her 9 lives and be reborn as Lynxstar, leader of Meadowclan.

Word count: 639
Date posted: 2018

A sickly yellow moon loomed dead above Meadowclan camp, announcing the time of Moonhigh. Two silhouettes crept through the tall grass creating a shiver of blades that marked their presence wherever they marched.

Unaware of the impending intruders, a sleek blue lynx point she-cat slept fitfully in her den beneath the Great Oak's roots. She dozed strategically with her back to the wall of the den and her nose pointing towards the exit. Her body was in the "cat loaf" position, all four paws under her and belly on the ground. All the better to spring up to her paws quickly if danger came knocking. And perhaps it was soon.

A rough shake to her shoulder foreshadowed what tidings were to follow, Meadowclan was soon to receive a rough shake as well.

"What! Halfmask?" The lynx point, Lynxstar, groggily exclaimed while jerking to her paws.

Instead of her loyal calico smoke Deputy before her she saw a short and stocky she-cat and a Tom as thin and brittle as the reed grass outside.

"Your ancestors have spoken to me once again. They warn of great danger that will befall both your clan and our own group."

Lynxstar snapped her blue eyed gaze to the weathered white tom as he spoke.

"Wha-what is he talking about? I have heard no word from our Mysterious Ones."

The short calico she-cat, Hecate, rolls her shoulders in an unsympathetic shrug.

"Your ancestors seldom speak to me. They offer me no more than the vaguest sense of what they are trying to say. Nothing nearly as detailed as they show him," she states matter of fact.

Briefly she glances at her companion tom, The Oracle, to see if he will divulge more. When he makes no move twitch or whisker, she continues." I don't know why they haven't approached you yet." Hecate looks clearly uncomfortable, the tell her anxious dig of claws in the den floor." This is me paying you back for you letting my group live peacefully beside you even after the trouble I caused. Do you wish to hear the prophecy they gave us or debate the mechanisms behind it."

Lynxstar briefly pins her ears back at the distasteful reminder of their "truce". She still did not know if it had been the right call to offer the olive branch rather than drive Hecate's clan far from their territory. Starclan knows Halfmask had been rearing to cross claws rather than offer their Southern Border to the outsiders. The Deputy had only relented when Lynxstar reminded the she-cat their rogue warrior, Nightrunner, could keep an eye on the bordering clan from the abandoned two-leg den. Their neighboring status was shakey at best, still, if this was Hecate trying to reinforce their ties Lynxstar had to allow it.

"What have they to say?"

Before the Oracle confessed the so-called "prophecy" Lynxstar allowed herself a moment to reflect. For a quarter-moon prior she had confessed an uneasy sinking in her insides to her clan members. It was not that she had eaten crow food, but that she had this nagging that danger was coming. For one, she noted that Nightrunner had not made his usual trek to give his report. Halfmask, never a fan of the rogue tom, had dismissed Nightrunner's absence as just proof he was avoiding his responsibilities. No. Lynxstar knew it was a sign of something to come. Now before her was proof that something was encroaching from their Southern border. She licked her lips nervously as the Oracle finally began his tale that would mean there was no going back now.

Word count: 600
Date posted: 08/02/2019

The sun was just beginning to warm the backs of two felines making their way through tall, swaying grasses. Lynxstar was in the lead, her lithe body cutting a path through the foliage for her sure-footed Deputy coming up behind. They were making a beeline towards the Leafless Tree. This was their destination, a tall pole made entirely of wood with faint traces of paint long worn down by rainfall. In its trunk were carved faces of cats stacked one atop the other(totem pole). It was Meadowclan's means of sharing tongues with Starclan.

As they broke through the grass-line into the flattened out area surrounding the Leafless Tree both cats were surprised by what awaited them. There, sitting casually with his tail tucked around his paws, was a black charcoal spotted tom cat. It was none other than the rogue warrior, Nightrunner.

“Badgerbrained tom, where have you been?!” the Deputy, Halfmask, snapped at Nightrunner.

Lynxstar crossed the distance between herself and the tom so she could touch noses with him, a greeting between clan cats.

“Did Lakelight send you to meet us?” Lynxstar probed with a look of relief clear on her face.

The dark-colored tom's body tensed as he gave a firm shake of his head. “No. I came here because those shining cats of yours wouldn't give me a moments peace.”

“The Mysterious Ones? They visited you of all cats? This is crazier than a fox in a fit,” Halfmask grumbled.

Lynxstar took a step back before sitting down on her paws.” Please Halfmask, I want to hear what Nightrunner has to say.”

The serious body language returned as the tom turned his two-toned gaze Southward before beginning his tale.

“It was a quarter-moon past when this all started. Those two shining cats, you know them, pelts seem to be full of stars. They kept popping up around me like rabbits from their dens. All they said was 'look South' 'look South'.”

He paused to gesture in the direction of South with one paw.

“I really don't care for shining cats or omens or all that. But they wouldn't leave me alone til I heeded their warning. So I went South. Traveled through our territory and even had to go beyond Hecate clan's land. Felt like I was walking for moons.”

Lynxstar gave a nervous twitch of her right ear.” And?”

Nightrunner locked eyes with his clan leader.” There is something scaring the prey South of us. I saw rabbits, mice, even birds fleeing past me. And whenever the wind changed and blew against me I could smell it faintly... smoke.”

“The fire, Hecate wasn't lying...” Halfmask said after a gasp.

“If you scented it weakly then that means it's still a ways from us. There's time.” Lynxstar dared to let hope rise in her voice.

“Can't be much time if those shining cats came back to me. They told me to come here. They must have known you'd be coming.”

Lynxstar was quiet for a few heartbeats, her face solemn with concern. Finally, she broke the intense silence. “We're going to have to work with them, Hecate's clan. A fire that sends prey running must be large. We are but 4 cats and an apprentice, we need the numbers Hecate's clan can offer. It's our only chance.”

Halfmask groaned but Nightrunner looked puzzled.

“I can explain on the way Nightrunner, but first we need to get back to camp so I can explain to Lakelight and Heronpaw what needs to be done. Starclan help us all!”

Word count: 598
Date posted: 08/09/2019

BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Best of Roleplays

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:23 pm

IndentionThis section may be annoying for any lurkers since the context for these writings will be lost. Still, I want to look back on roleplay posts that were satisfying to imagine!

To the untrained eye the scene below may raise no suspicion of supernatural activities. Woodland birds chorused above the lively bubbling of Swallow's Creek. A morning dew hugged the springtime foliage creating droplets that reflected like small gems under the sun's rays. Among the activity of forest life stood a wolf of blue-gray hue. Although he was lean and underfed for a male, nothing about his physical features would give away the true other worldly events taking place in that moment. Nothing, except the three blood-red markings just beneath his amber eyes. Those yellow eyes were wide, unblinking, and gazing towards a bend in the creek which by a naked gaze looked nothing short than typical.

Behind the silvery cobalt wolf's eyes was a vision of a world much the same but everything appeared in shades of gray. In this monotone world, in that particular bend in the creek, stood a hulking black beast with glowing fire eyes. The matted fur hung like dreads about it's canine body, swaying as the creature took a step towards the wolf. The maw of the beast parted in a wicked grin as it lumbered to the shore of the creek, mere feet from the wolf. Still the male did not flinch until a ball of light padded across his field of vision to stand directly in front of the shaggy horror.

“daydreaming again are we?” a feminine voice called out to him.

The male wolf, called Sparrow, blinked his golden eyes rapidly before the usual smirk rested on his jaw.

“Just counting the birds to see how many have had their breakfast while I have yet to have mine waiting on your morning rituals,” was his curt reply.

The world was as it should be: in full color and a sandy blonde wolf standing in the place of the ball of light just a few moments before. Sparrow was once again out of his Spirit State.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Further down from the bend in Swallow's Creek a female wolf was busy at the tasks of her morning ritual. Two creamy off-white paws stretched out on the emerald carpet of the forest floor as the wolf went into a downward bow. Once, twice, and then a third bow facing towards the rising sun followed before she would fully rise. Such was the ritual ingrained in her since a pup. If you are to have good luck then one must offer three swan-like bows facing the rising sun. Shilonka, better known as Shya, needed all the good vibes she could gather as today was going to be a momentous day. She had been following a gently curving creek for the better part of three days with her sarcastic and surly companion, Sparrow. Last night they had caught the faint fragrance of other wolves carried by a Westerly breeze. Finally, after a journey of several hundred miles her loner days may be at its end.

Shya shook out her cream and honey blond coat to be rid of the leaves and dirt that clung to it before making her way towards Sparrow's sleeping spot. Instead of finding him lounging beneath the red oak tree she saw him standing rigid facing a bend in the creek. A playful smile sprang to her lips as she snuck around him and then charged into the creek to stand directly in front of his field of vision.

“daydreaming again are we?”

Sparrow blinked his eyes and flashed his usual grin. “Just counting the birds to see how many have had their breakfast while I have yet to have mine waiting on your morning rituals.”

Shya rolled her emerald eyes and pranced through the creek, splashing water on Sparrow as she went.

“You can eat something once we make contact with the pack we scented last night. It can't be far!”

A misty gleam took over Shilonka's eyes as she envisioned what this new pack would look like. Certainly there would be a snow-white wolf at the helm, with sparkling golden eyes. And an all black female with eyes bluer than a cloudless day at his side. This is what alpha pairs of great packs looked like right? Regardless, Shya gave a pup's excited bark and splashed through Swallow's Creek making her way pointedly towards Desin Territory. Sparrow trudged behind her stopping occasionally to look over his shoulder as if he suspected they were being watched.

Word count: 734
Date posted: 09/04/2017

BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CS Writing competition entries

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:43 am

IndentionThis section will include all my CS writing competition entries. I am focusing on building a CS world so you may see reoccurring settings and character.

Main Character: Avatar

The eve of a new year fell upon the big city of Chickensmoothieville cold and clear-skied. A dog the color of navy and baby blue padded the sidewalk of Nick Block, headed towards Tess Avenue. He was a Clear Eyed Galaxy dog and this year would make his fifteenth New Years celebration. Up ahead his light-eyed gaze locked onto a Black-spotted Dalmation dog. The dog gave off an imposing aura with dark shades obscuring the eyes and leather jacket embellished with sinister looking spikes. No pet would blame our galaxy dog if he were to cross the street.

"Why you waiting in the cold? Dallas would have buzzed you up!" The CEG called out, releasing a cloud of frosty breath with each word.

The dalmation dog's face softened to a warm smile as the other approached and leaned forward to bump noses with him." I had to see why you were late to your own party, again! Is this a New Year's tradition, Avatar?"

The galaxy dog, named Avatar, gave a toot of the noise maker hung round his neck." Ah Cooper you know I had to stop by the trade market for some last minute New Years gear. Paid five chicken bucks a piece for all this!"

"Highway robbery!" The dalmation, Cooper, remarked.

Both dogs laughed as they headed into the apartment building adjacent to the corner. They road the elevator to the top floor, for of course a Very Rare dog would live in the penthouse. Music blasted them in the face as Avatar led the way into his apartment.

"Here he is!" A dapperly dressed 2015 Easter Bunny cheered as Avatar padded into the center of the friendly crowd with Cooper just behind.

"Dallas are you providing stimulating conversation for my guests? I did leave you in charge of atmosphere while I was out," Avatar addressed the bun.

Dallas, a chocolate and white bunny wearing a stylish waistcoat and necktie, balanced on his hind legs to meet Avatar at eye level." We were just discussing the history of December 18th and the modification to the boxes that are setting a precedence for--"

"Yes! yes! My clever friend, I'm sure you researched the topic thoroughly, but maybe we can keep from rarity talk for one evening?" Avatar cut in. He then pressed his nose to the bun's cheek in an affectionate gesture before turning his attention to the rest of his guests.

Avatar's can-comfortably-fit-a-malk-dragon sized apartment was clamoring with pets from all species and rarities. Next to the sparkling juice table he saw Gudrun the Mulberry Grey Fynbos pony. She was dressed for the special occasion in top hat and monocle. Of course Gudrun brought Snow, her black cat store item. The kitty was currently trapezing his fireplace mantle. He'd have to remember to cat proof that area later.

Near his Christmas tree, which he neglected to take down, Pumpkin the Halloween Pumpkin bwolf was fluttering up among the hanging streamers. Cooper was laughing uproariously and wagging a spotted tail as he watched the little orange bwolf weave in and out of the party decorations.

"You're a marvelous flyer, Pumpkin! A wonder!" Cooper cheered.

By the fireplace, Murphy, the Black Marble snake was coiled up and conversing with Pei-pei, the Lunar New Year Water bunny. The two were trading stories on their experiences as new pets on the block.

Realizing all guests were accounted for, Avatar leapt ontop an armchair and cleared his throat. A hush fell on the crowd.

"Thank you all for coming tonight! Dallas helped with the set up, so give him a paw or hoof for working his fluffy tail off." Avatar took a moment to lead an applause for the bun." As is tradition I'd like to give a toast." Another pause as Pumpkin the bwolf used his magic to set sparkling juice cups in front of each pet." Another year behind us, but the best is before us!"

"Here here!" "Hurrah!" His friends cheered as each drank their juice.

The party would continue on with all manner of merry activities until the time came for the TV to be turned on. 10 numbers down and then the pets were trading kisses on the cheek. Noisemakers sounded and a confetti cannon or two popped off. Avatar had another New Year's celebration for the books.

Word count: 721
Date posted: 02/14/2023
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sound Asheep: trivia [DNP]

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:19 am

Nefarian's Trivia/Timeline:
Childhood Trivia
- His mama is named Pearl, she passed the bird marking and blond hair

- His father was a rogue ram, all he knows is he got his red wool from him as well as his black eyes

- He was teased for his name by the other lambs.

- He secretly loved how his mother called him her "little gem"

- He had a stuffed ringtail lemur named Monk Monk that he slept with every night

- His childhood bedroom was Woodland themed with a mural of a forest and a sparrow in the branches

- Bedtime was counting the stick on stars on the ceiling. "For practice when you're older" his mom would joke

Adolescent Trivia
- He tried every sport to gain friendships. He was tall and leggy for his age and this made coordination awkward. It did not pan out

- He was good at math but avoided chess club or the math-letes for fear of being more unliked

- the "no good" group of sheep at his school took him in. They taught him which classes to skip, how to avoid getting caught, and how to tell a convincing lie

- his relationship with his mother would be the most strained

- He would start going by R and wouldn't answer to "little gem"

- He came home less and less, spending the night at a friend's house instead

Young Adult Trivia
- After graduation he took his final dream-weaving exam. He scored highly in nightmare manipulation and was designated to the Nightmare Team

- He moved out of his mother's and lived with three roommates in the Big Cloud City

- His first few months on the Nightmare Team took a toll on his mental health. He wasn't bad at his job, the opposite, he could take hold of most nightmares and spin them into something pleasant--keeping his dreamers' asleep. His success would promote him to higher difficulty nightmares, dreams that stayed with him when he left work

- He would start to arrive later and later for his shifts

- He took random days off during the week to avoid work

- One roommate, a gentle ram named Clarence, tried to pry into Ruby's change of mood

- Clarence would leave food for him, ask if he needed anything, try and give advice on dealing with nightmares

- At first, Clarence was ignored on his visits, then Ruby would eat while the other talked, until finally he would have conversations with the ram too

- Clarence suggested activities to occupy Ruby's downtime like karaoke, movies in the pasture, and hiking

- Ruby loathed work but loved spending his free time with Clarence

- The first anniversary of his role on the Nightmare Team came with a unique promotion, he would be given the highest clearance of nightmare duty but he would have to take on a partner

- His partner, called Swindler, was a ram with a smooth as butter voice and even more pleasing looks

- He and Swindler would work the toughest case nightmares, having to work together to turn the most sinister dreams around

- Swindler would insist Ruby blow off steam with him after work. He introduced him to his posse of four sheep: Damsel, Hoodwink, Devilish, and Wile. All were on the Nightmare Team as well.

- Ruby would come home late from work. Clarence would voice his worry though it would fall on deaf ears

- Swindler had other plans for their shifts. Instead of turning the nightmares around he would toy with the dreamers just enough so they were distressed but not too frightened to wake up

- Ruby was encouraged to "test the waters" by his partner. Manipulating a nightmare without the dreamer waking was the highest level of dream weaving, so he'd say

- He looked forward to hanging out with Swindler and the other sheep. They called their group the Wicked Six. They gave Ruby the new nickname: Nefarian

- The data analyzers were realizing something wasn't right with Swindler and Nefarian's dream logbook. The Shepcret Shervice is dispatched to monitor the dreamwork of the two rams

- Clarence stays up til 4am when Nefarian finally comes home from a night out with the Wicked Six. He asks why he isn't home and why he has been missing their usual hangouts. Nefarian gives the cold shoulder and packs his things, moving out to stay at Swindler's place

- Nefarian grows horns that night

- Sleep sheep law is to cause no harm to the dreamer, mental or physical. Swindler and Nefarian are caught provoking the dreamer instead of overturning a nightmare by Shepcret Shervice agents

- Swindler and Nefarian use their nightmare manipulation talents to sink further into the dream world to avoid capture

- They, and the other members of the Wicked Six, are MIA and on the Most Wanted Sheep list

Random Trivia
Voice claim Tom Ellis

Smells of cardamom and citrus with notes of sandalwood

The low pony is his typical hairstyle but he also wears braids thanks to Damsel's handiwork

His back right hoof is chipped underneath, he is self conscious of this injury and leans on his left side to compensate

His most hated nightmares involve deep water

His favorite dreams involve flying

He liked painting especially using unconventional canvases like reclaimed wood, random cardboard, or plastic junk. Sunsets or galaxies were his most used themes

His ultimate fear is being alone

He wants all his peers to like him and will hide parts of himself he thinks would alienate him

He will not answer the question if he loves Clarence

He often takes the shape of a black sparrow when be wants to hide from the dreamer within their nightmare

The little hearts throughout his coat are tattoos and not natural markings. Those were thanks to Swindler and Hoodwink insisting he get "something to think of them"

He is drawn to dreams where a young dreamer is thinking of their mother

He lives and breathes on sarcasm and can go rounds of playful banter back and forth amongst his friends

His laugh turns into snorts if he gets too worked up

He has a lovely singing voice but only sings when he thinks no one is around

He hates reading and prefers audio books. He will say he "can't read" if someone suggests a book to him but then turns around and orders the audio version. His friend circle thinks he is not well read which isn't true

His favorite weather is rainy days and he doesn't mind watching a storm

He hates the cold and will wear five layers even if the weather is "slightly chilly"

He likes fashion and isn't afraid to wear stylish pieces

His favorite color is midnight blue and silver, although he will say he looks best in black

His mother taught him how to cook healthy meals and he takes pride in being the designated cook in his friend circle

He is addicted to flirtatious games like truth or dare or twenty questions and is known not to back down no matter the stakes

Along with hiding from authorities he is also currently trying to locate his biological father

He does daydream about his wedding day and wants to be married someday even though he is all flirt and no commitment

He loves rams and ewes and will headbutt anyone who tries to put love in a box

He gives a nickname to every person he meets. Everyone is a dear, sweetheart, lovely, my pet, my dove.

If you want to make him blush play with his hair

Deep down, he does regret going down the path of bending dreams for nefarious reasons. He is bonded to his friends and assumes it's the price he must pay to remain in their trust. The guilt he feels gives him restless sleep
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sound Asheep stories [DNP]

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:19 am

In Search of a Sparrow:
Note, all sleep sheep are anthropomorphized for ease of writing. Think of them like people but with sheep ears, tail, horns (if relevant)

IndentionClarence brushed aside a stray silver curl from his blue-eyed gaze so that he could meet the glowering stare from the ram sitting across from him. Although resolute in his feelings, he couldn't help but fidget in place with so harsh a gaze directed at him.

Indention"So, that's it then? You won't be doing the right thing?" The disapproving ram spoke up in a flat monotone.

IndentionClarence took a steadying breath." I have done the right thing. I've told you all I know."

IndentionThe ram in a detective's garb, white button down shirt tailored vest and dark slacks, gave an annoyed cluck of his tongue." You are ignoring our proposition."

IndentionClarence's small frame stiffened as his eyebrows drew down in a pensive look." I won't be bait. I will never agree to that."

IndentionThe detective abruptly stood with a scrape of his metal chair against the hard cement of the interrogation room floor." Then this meeting is over. I have better things to do then to waste my time listening to hearsay."

IndentionClarence got to his feet as well. He stood a mere 5'7" while most ram his age cleared 6 foot. He dressed meekly as well, wearing a soft knit pullover in baby blue. His straight-leg pants a crisp white in contrast to his dark leather loafers. His midnight blue eyes were an open book with their dark canvas framed in a forest of silver lashes. He may not look intimidating, but he had accomplished what he had set out to do from his first agreeing to the meeting with the detective; He had not backed down.

Indention"I have your card. I'll call if anything relevant comes up," Clarence said curtly with a polite, though stiff, bow of his head.

IndentionThe detective exhaled a short huff and snatched the blazer jacket from the back of his chair before exiting the room.

IndentionClarence gave a sigh of relief. His heart continued to hammer away even if the worst was over. He put a hand to his chest, as if he could physically steady the frantic march. Now, there was just one more thing to accomplish.

---‐‐-----‐‐-----------

Indention"More overtime, Clarence?" The friendly ewe gate-keeper remarked from her post by the Dream Realm gates.

IndentionClarence gave a relaxed shrug and a smile." Oh you know, got to impress the boss."

IndentionThe gate-keeper returned his smile as she pressed the security button that triggered the opening of the gates.

Indention"Well off you go then, Clarence."

IndentionClarence gave a friendly wave before he passed through the gates and entered the roiling fog just inside. The Dream Realm, like stepping into an endless storm cloud, was all heavy vapor that shivered and parted wherever one walked. It felt like a cool mist and sounded like the winds off the sea, a constant drone the sleep sheep had gotten used to as the soundtrack of the dream space. There was no seeing your way through the fog, instead the sheep people could sense the dreams of sleepers as they passed. The visions of the dreamers left imprints like many threads or the tail of a kite. All one had to do was reach out and grab the invisible end and they'd be pulled into a new reality. These entryways to dreams were called Dream Paths. Clarence had his fingers outstretched to better sense the possible paths open to him. He paused at the feeling of one such reality and closed his fingers over the invisible thread. Immediately he was pulled through the Dream Realm's mists and into a shaft of light that opened up and swallowed him with a roll of fog as it closed.

IndentionClarence gasped and blinked as he took in his new surroundings. The sky was a menacing gray with wind buffeting all around him, whipping his clothes furiously in the gale. A tree to his left groaned and began to crack as the roaring winds managed to snap the oak in half. Clarence scrambled out of the way of the debris. Although it was true sleep sheep could not be hurt within a dream, any "deaths" meant an instant ejection back to the Dream Realm. And he needed to remain in this nightmare, at least long enough to do what he set out to do.

IndentionSteadying his breath, Clarence climbed the crest of a nearby hill to get a better view of the dream he had entered. He saw below a wind-blown corn field . Towards the center of the field, whenever the crop parted aside to the change of winds, he could make out what must be the dreamer. This dreamer was a breed of farm dog, perhaps cattle dog? It was hard to tell from so far. Dreamers stood out like beacons for Sleep Sheep, as their eyes could see a faint colored aura surrounding the owner of a dream. The dog gave off glowing orange hues in this case.

IndentionNow that he knew where the dreamer was, Clarence retreated back down the hill to put some distance between them. He did not have time to engage the dreamer, and would not be trying to ease this nightmare. Instead he found some rocks to take shelter from the storm winds. At least behind the rocks the air was not quite so tumultuous.

IndentionLowering to sit, Clarence closed his eyes and let his arms hang loosely by his sides. He needed to be as relaxed as possible to dream-weave, an ability unique to Sleep Sheep, the power to change dreams. At first nothing happened for several seconds until a ball of soft light glowed into existence across from Clarence. The light wavered in place until it was no longer a ball but the shape of a butterfly. There was a flicker of light and now the butterfly was one of many. The glowing insects flew together clockwise like a school of fish in the deep ocean. Now Clarence opened his eyes to admire his handiwork. He watched them for a beat before lifting his gaze up towards the stormy sky. Where he looked the light-made butterflies soared up to follow, like under a spell. The winds of the nightmare had not slowed but it seemed the cloud of butterflies were immune as their flight path was unhindered.

Indention"Come on, Ruby," Clarence pleaded with his eyes still watching the sky.

IndentionThe butterflies were dots of light they were so high above the ram. They spread out from one another then fluttered in place. Against the gray sky of the nightmare the glowing blue insects, though small, stood out like stars in the night. Clarence watched them with sweat beading down his forehead, it was taking a lot out of him to keep his creation at such a height and so many at once. But this was his best shot of grabbing the attention of anyone who may be within the dream, someone who may be in hiding.

IndentionClarence resisted as long as he could but eventually raised a hand to call back his butterflies. Suddenly, he thought he saw a dark shape streak over the light from his butterflies, momentarily covering their glow as it passed. He let out a whoosh of an exhale and then motioned with his hand to signal the dream-weave creatures back. Down the butterflies flew, but they were not alone, as they drew closer he noticed a small bird black as polished onyx among them. The butterflies returned to Clarence's outstretched hand and vanished with a glow of light into his palm, one by one. The wee bird sailed to the top of the rock across from Clarence and gave a merry tune befitting of a sparrow.

IndentionClarence scrambled to his feet as tears filled his blue eyes." I have been looking everywhere for you!"

IndentionThe bird fluttered its feathers, chirped, then flew off the rock to suddenly transform into a billow of smoke. Out of the blackness a shape emerged: it was a tall horned ram of 6'4, shoulder-length blonde hair pulled into a low pony, wearing a black beanie, red hoodie, black denim vest, dark washed jeans, and crimson hightops. He gave a playful smile to Clarence and outstretched his arms as he advanced towards the smaller ram.

Indention"Clarey baa baa! I'd recognize your butterfly storm anywhere," he spoke in a voice that was a deep baritone." What are you doing in a nightmare, my lost lamb?"

IndentionTears escaped from Clarence's eyes, rolling a damp path down his cheeks. He closed the distance between them with a tackle of a hug, wrapping both arms around the other's waist and burying his face in his hoodie.

Indention"You're the one who's lost, Ruby!" His response came out muffled with his face still hidden.

Indention"I know," the ram, called Ruby, said lowly. His fingers snaked gently through Clarence's head of silver curls." I'm sorry, my lamb. I didn't want to leave you."

Indention"This is an awful mess, Ruby! You can't talk your way out of this one. If I can find you so can they and what will you do then?"

Indention"I don't come out for just anyone, silly ram." He moved on to rubbing Clarence's back in gentle circles." You don't have to worry about me."

Indention"Of course I worry!" Clarence drew back from the hug to glare up into Ruby's black eyes." I haven't seen you in months. Without a goodbye! They came to our flat and tore it apart trying to find clues to where you went. Dream Inc goons and the authorities! They offered me a reward, a promotion, if I would help them find you. Why didn't you tell me you were in so much trouble?"

IndentionRuby shook his head." It's nothing you need lose sleep over. Besides, You know I'm not alone. I won't be found if I don't want to be."

IndentionClarence let go of Ruby, standing rigidly with shoulders hunched and arms crossed." Yeah! I will sleep like a baby knowing you're with them," the last word was laced with venom.

Indention"Come on Clarey baa baa, don't be so angry! I missed you and I'm glad I get to see you."

IndentionHe tried to move in for another hug, but Clarence took a step back." You don't have to be one of them. You can come with me."

Indention"Are you going to hide me away, Clarence? Where will I live? Your closets no good it's full of junk you know."

Indention"Ruby, be serious! You can't keep hiding in the Dream Realm it's only a matter of time before they find you. Let me help."

IndentionThe smile on the other ram's face faded as his black eyes looked up at the sky. It was subtle, but the clouds above flickered in and out of focus for a fraction of a second. The distortion seemed to happen in a pattern, every 10 seconds, then every 5, now 2.

Indention"I'm afraid our time is up, my little lamb. I hope I can see you again."

IndentionAlthough still angry, Clarence didn't move as Ruby bent forward to plant a kiss on the top of his head. He caught a whiff of cardamom and citrus, his friend's trademark scent. It'd been so long since their apartment had smelled of him and he could feel his throat choke up at the thought it may be the last time he would breathe in that special scent.

Indention"Ruby..."

IndentionThe dream around them was beginning to fill with the dark fog characteristic of the Dream Realm. The two locked eyes as the clouds closed in on them. Before it would cover his vision, he saw Ruby press his fingers to his lips then lower his hand, palm up, to blow. Blowing a kiss in farewell just as the dream was engulfed in complete fog.

IndentionClarence blinked furiously as his vision adjusted to the new bright lighting around him. He was standing just outside the gates of the Dream Realm. The ewe gate-keeper did not look up from her podium as she shuffled paperwork and stamped documents.

Indention"Back so soon? Must have been an awful nightmare, dear."

IndentionClarence wiped the tear stains from his cheeks. He ran a hand through his hair to tame the curls that had been mussed earlier. He had to set himself in order.

Indention"Yes..." His answer was slow to come as his eyes gazed off like he were lost in thought.

"I.. couldn't turn it around."

Word count: 2,071 ish
Date posted: 07/07/23
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sound Asheep stories [DNP]

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:15 am

Note, all sleep sheep are anthropomorphized for ease of writing. Think of them like people but with sheep ears, tail, horns (if relevant)

IndentionThe ram sitting across from Valanar leaned back in the Victorian-style chair his host had graciously provided. He laced his fingers together behind his head and stared up at the ceiling, lost in thought. The ram, known by most as Nefarian, was a towering figure of 6'4 with long blonde hair pulled into a loose ponytail. Small jet-black horns peeked out just in front of his beanie night cap. His long sheep ears were a tawny tan, in contrast to his fluffy tail which was a deep crimson red. Most of his outfit was red or black: his hoodie and high-top shoes the red while his denim vest and tight jeans the black. He had a look about him, and that look was... bad boy.

Indention"Can't sleep?" His voice was a deep, gravelly baritone." Well," he paused to upturn his lips in a smile that matched a wicked glint in his black eyes." I have just the story for you."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IndentionNefarian felt his stomach turn in circles as he slowly descended into the dream he had just entered. He could never get used to that free fall drop. ' Why was it sleep sheep always had to make their entrance top down anyway?' He thought quite peeved.

IndentionHe didn't have time to do any more thinking as his feet touched down on the dream floor. Nefarian was standing in the middle of an empty city street lit only by a flickering street lamp. A dirty road at that, as he could have sworn he saw something moving amongst the trash pile to his right.

Indention"Helllooooo!" The ram called out." Dreamer, are you here?"

IndentionNefarian didn't beat around the bush when it came to his first task on sleep duty: find the dreamer. Normally it wouldn't be hard to locate them as sleep sheep had the unique ability to see colored aura surrounding the dreamer. They should stick out like a glowing sore thumb, but at the moment Nefarian got the impression he was utterly alone in this nighttime urban landscape.

Indention"What kind of nightmare is empty buildings and grimy streets?" Nefarian said while crossing his arms." What are they, garbage collecto—”

Indention“REEEEEEEEE!”

IndentionNefarian startled backwards and smacked the back of his head into the brick wall behind him. It didn’t physically hurt, as dreams could not harm dreamer or sleep sheep helpers, but the brain is a powerful organ and the ram winced as if he expected throbbing to follow that blow.

Indention“What the goat? he said with his voice trembling slightly.” Hello! Who’s there?”

IndentionHis eyes were glued on the trash pile from earlier, which he was almost positive was the source of the ear-splitting screech. The trash bags suddenly shivered in place as a dented soup can rolled free from the top of the pile. Nefarian watched the can bounce down the stack then roll as if in slow motion into the intermittent light of the dying street lamp. He felt a building sense of dread as goosebumps prickled up his arms. Before the can was even done rocking in place, he dragged his eyes back to the trash pile as something else moved. It rose up behind the garbage like a ghoulish scarecrow: all long limbs and patches of wispy hair. Worst of all was its glossy un-seeing eyes that were somehow piercing straight into Nefarian’s squirming soul.

Indention“Nope! Nope!”

IndentionThe sleep sheep had already turned tail and was full out sprinting down the opposite end of the street. He didn’t stop to look back, if he did he would have seen whatever that thing was was racing on all fours after him.

Indention“Dreamer! Dreamer I need you!” He called out as he ran, darting his gaze left and right in a frantic search for the owner of this nightmare.” I can’t turn this ship around unless I got you at the helm! Help!”

IndentionSomething odd was brought to Nefarian’s attention just then. He could feel his legs churning for all they were worth but the same worn-down building at the end of the road was getting no closer. No, the building seemed to be moving away from him like it was sitting on a conveyor belt set to reverse. He was running in place, like his life depended on it, but everything else was moving away from him!

Indention“Oh come on!” he shouted, exasperated.

Indention“Quick! This way!” a female voice came from his left.

Indention“I can’t! I’m stuck, help me!

IndentionNefarian continued running in place even as a young woman with black cat ears and tail slipped out from an alleyway to stand by his side. She pulled on his arm, not that it did any good at moving him an inch from his spot. In Nefarian’s black-eyed gaze he saw plumes of purple light waft around her, the dreamer.

Indention“REEEEEEEEEE!”

IndentionThe zombie-like beast was almost closing the distance between the two nightmare inhabitants.

Indention“No good! Tell me your favorite balloon animal!” Nefarian all but screamed the question at his newfound companion.

Indention“My favorite—what?”

Indention“Answer the question!” he snapped.

Indention“A g-giraffe??” The dreamer stuttered her response as she was watching the nightmare creature reach out a clawed hand for Nefarian.

IndentionIf time could slow down, an observer would notice the ram close his eyes and give a low and slow exhale of breath the color of cherry red. The fear and tension left his face as he breathed out the colorful cloud. This all took place too quickly for the dreamer to take in. To her, there was an eldritch horror abomination reaching for the sleep sheep, then in the next second, a poof of red smoke and a twisted column of green balloons in the shape of a giraffe in its place. The balloon animal fell over harmlessly as Nefarian seemed to be released from his spell, he gave a little hop and a ‘whoop!’

Indention“I don’t…” the dreamer didn’t finish her sentence, instead letting her words trail off as she stared at the helium-filled giraffe.

Indention“That’s dream-weaving baby, and this nightmare is saved. You’re welcome!”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IndentionValanar stared across at Nefarian, her expression a mixture of surprise and derision.” I’m sorry, a balloon animal?

Indention“Give me a break. You try and turn a dream around when you’re scared out of your wits. You gotta be calm to make changes; All the chill I had to spare went into rearranging that monster. And it worked! She kept on dreaming another seven hours. I think I made a street carnival or other once it wasn’t nightmare city.”

IndentionValanar couldn’t stifle a chuckle.” Well, balloon boy, I’m not sleepy but I do have something to think about for later. I’ll give you a pass.”
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Desert Party Story

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:58 am

Karma owned by honeybunchesofoats

IndentionDusk colored the sky a fiery orange, burning a blazing path down to the edge of the horizon. Here the land was as burnt orange as heaven’s canopy. A desolate stretch of arid land known as the Dream Dunes. With so little light left now, shapes became dark silhouettes against the backdrop of molten sky. One black smudge moved across the sands, a wake of kicked up debris streaking behind. It followed a natural road cut through the landscape, winding through sandy ridges and passing by yawning ravines. The destination was obvious: a shock of yellow nestled within a wall of dunes.

IndentionThe jeep came to an abrupt stop, haphazardly parked at an angle next to other abandoned four-wheel drive vehicles. Its occupants wasted no time in disembarking.

Indention"So who's all here again?" The smallest sheep among them, a ram with white locks and baby blue eyes, spoke up as he exited the back seat.

Indention"Relax, Hoodwink. You know barely anyone." Another ram, with sleek black hair and monstrous horns, answered the first.

Indention"Ah, Swindler, he just wants to know if his little robin birdie is here," the tallest among them at 6'4, a ram with blonde hair pulled into a low pony and ink black eyes, teased in a deep baritone voice.

IndentionThe white ram, named Hoodwink, went to jab the tallest's ribs but was effortlessly evaded." Her name is Wren. And anyway, I'm over her." His friends laughed at this declaration." I mean. Don't tell me you're not curious to know who showed too, Nefarian."

IndentionThe owner of the black eyes, Nefarian, gave a handsome grin." Nah. I like to be surprised. Besides, I'm feeling lucky. I got a good feeling about this shindig."

IndentionThe main event. Now that they weren't yapping, the trio could take in what awaited them. Music blasted forth from a battery-powered speaker. The playlist was indie rock by the sounds of driving rhythm and gritty vocals. Here or there was a cluster of folding chairs, well-worn and tagged with sharpie scribbles the product of idle brains. The party goers gathered in one of two places: by the bonfire or the punch table. There was no in-between with this crowd. Nefarian branched off from his friends, who made a beeline for the bonfire, he was a punch bowl guy.

IndentionHis gaze swept the refreshment booth; A table that looked about as sturdy as a house of cards was the pedestal for several rows of punch in red solo cups. The source of the drinks, a large cooler with spout for easy dispensing, was currently being tended to by a ram with chocolate brown hair and the bluest eyes Nefarian had the delight to come across. He was short though, couldn't have been taller than 5'2/5'3, by the way the ram's elbows brushed the edge of the punch table. Still, he appreciated his style: fingerless gloves, fur-trimmed cloak, and were those goggles glinting in the firelight? Oh yes, there was no denying he'd need to say hi.

Indention"Oh my goat, this is so embarrassing. I was going to wear the same outfit tonight!"

IndentionThe blue-eyed ram snapped his gaze up at Nefarian." Wow." He didn't slow in pouring more drinks." Does that line actually work?"

Indention"I do like your goggles. Bet they're real practical around here." As he was talking, the other ram merely raised an eyebrow. Nef did think he could see a twitch at the corner of the other's lips." You must be a local, yeah?"

Indention"If I wanted small talk I'd be by the fire."

IndentionNefarian chuckled, he had him there." You and I are a lot alike. I'm not the bonfire type either. The smoke gets all in your clothes and you can hear the music better by the tables anyway."

Indention"So why don't you listen to the music then."

Indention"Sure thing, once I get a drink from yooooou..." Nefarian drew out the last word as a bait for more information. The other ram was not biting, time to switch gears." My name’s Nefarian. This is my first dune party."

IndentionBaby blue eyes clashed against his ebony gaze as the two rams gauged each other. Finally, the other gave a shrug of his shoulders and moved on to setting the full drinks on the table." Karma."

Indention"Good or bad?"

IndentionThe chocolate ram snorted but didn't crack a smile." Depends."

Indention"They have you filling those cups all night, Karma?"

Indention"I can stop whenever I want. I enjoy it."

Indention"Well let me give you a hand then."

IndentionNefarian's long arms were perfect to reach over, pluck drinks Karma had finished filling, and setting them on the table in one fluid motion. At this move, Karma turned from the cooler and faced Nef with his head slightly tilted, arms crossed.

Indention"What if I said I had a boyfriend?"

Indention"I would say good for him, you seem like a decent guy."

Indention"What if I said I want to be left alone?"

Indention"Then I'll take a cup to go, thanks."

IndentionNefarian leaned forward to grab a drink. Karma didn't move aside, instead he took the cup Nef was reaching for.

Indention"This one's mine. I had a sip earlier."

Indention"My bad."

IndentionNefarian was frozen in place; He was close enough to Karma to smell hints of sandalwood and cinnamon. He mentally made a note to go candle shopping on his next free day. All the while Karma was watching him, idly turning his stolen drink with a smooth circular motion of his wrist. It was clear he was in the middle of a vibe check.

Indention"Alright, newbie. Want to grab a seat?"

IndentionWithout pausing for Nefarian's response, he crossed the desert floor for the nearest folding chair. Karma could hear the creak of the chair next to him as he sat. He glanced over to see Nefarian seated with his own solo cup of punch. The blonde ram raised his cup in cheers before taking big gulps.

Indention"So Nefarian, what brings you to the desert?"

Indention"Do you know Swindler?"

IndentionKarma gave a shake of his head then took a reasonable sip from his drink.

Indention"Well Swindler is with me. So's Hoodwink, but doubt you know him either. They know Ransom and Holloway though. I’m just along for the ride.”

IndentionKarma nodded, signaling he knew the last sheep mentioned.” Those two are a lot of trouble.”

Indention“Oh yeah, for sure. Isn’t it great.”

IndentionNefarian’s long, tawny ears perked up as the genre of music suddenly changed. A banger of a pop song was revving the bonfire-crowd into a frenzy of dancing bodies. One individual broke away from the crowd and, unbeknownst to the rams, made their way over to the two sipping away at their punch. Karma didn’t miss the change in atmosphere. He sat straighter in his chair and hugged his drink to his chest. Maybe someone was feeling a little nervous? Perhaps dancing wasn’t their thing.

IndentionAyyyye! I love this song.” Nefarian excitedly jumped to his feet. Unfortunately, this move sloshed punch out the top of his cup, sprinkling the sand in between them.” You wanna go dance?”

Indention“I’m good, newbie. You have fun.”

Indention“Aw come on. You don’t have to dance with me. We can just shake it in the general area of each other.”

IndentionA rosy blush was creeping up karma’s cheeks. He didn’t have time to reply, as someone came up from behind Nefarian and slung both arms around his neck. It was the black-haired ram with the elaborate horns, Swindler.

Indention“There you are, Nef. You better come dance with me.” Swindler had not looked Karma’s way. He was focused on taking the cup out of Nefarian’s hand to take a loud gulp of its contents.

IndentionNefarian gave an easy smile, apparently used to this exchange.” Good timing, Swind. This is Karma. He’s a desert dweller.”

IndentionSwindler’s blood-red eyes swept over karma, sizing him up in one glance. He offered a smile to the other ram, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

Indention“Aren’t you adorable.” His free hand extended to tap the glass of one lens of Karma’s goggles.” Cute.”

IndentionThe blush was gone, replaced with an expression of distaste. ‘Cute’ and ‘adorable’ were adjectives Karma took offense to. Sure he was short, but that wasn’t an open invitation to infantilize him. Ticked off, he set his cup down abruptly in his chair then held out a hand to Nefarian.

Indention“You know what, sure. We can dance, newbie.”

IndentionNefarian rolled his shoulders so Swindler was forced to release his hold on him.” Awesome! Maybe you should leave your cape though. Might get in the way.”

IndentionKarma, agreeing with this logic, unbuttoned his fur-lined cloak and let Nef take it from him to set on his empty seat. Now it was revealed he wore a caramel-colored button up shirt and mocha toned slacks. Nefarian did not miss the fact that Karma looked like a chocolate treat: he doubted anyone could pull off the brown hues as well as that ram.

Indention“You kids have fun.” Swindler gave the impression of nonchalance as he took another sip from Nefarian’s drink.

IndentionNef took the hand offered to him earlier, leading Karma to the bonfire and its throng of dancing rams and ewes. Being so tall, he parted the crowd easily to situate them a few feet from the bonfire. Now that night had fallen completely, the only light source was the blaze. It cast long, flickering shadows of the dancers on the surrounding dunes. If they were to look up, they would see a jaw-dropping display of stars only the wilderness could showcase. But the rams did not look up. They were staring at each other, Karma with another growing blush, and Nefarian with his handsome grin. A new song started, lively and thrumming a beat that pulsed the sand beneath them. For being all long limbs, Nef showed surprisingly fluid rhythm as he moved to the tempo of the music. Karma, starting to regret his decision, gave in to a little stiff footwork and sway of his upper body.

Indention“That’s it. Don’t worry about anything. Just feel the beat.”

IndentionKarma added a head bob to his moves. Truthfully, the ram’s heart was hammering like a kick drum inside his chest. Despite his nerves, he had to admit Nefarian’s zest for dancing was rubbing off on him. The blonde ram had his eyes closed and both arms raised, jumping in time to the hit of the snare.

Indention“Yeah! Here it comes, the bass drop!”

IndentionWhen the beat did ‘drop’, Nefarian grabbed Karma’s hands and shook them as he did a jump/gyrating combo move. The smaller ram was forced to hop in time with Nef. He laughed, genuinely having a good time.

Indention“I’m getting dizzy!”

IndentionNefarian switched his moves up to pulling Karma’s hands back and forth so that they swayed in a quick give-and-take dance.

Indention“Sorry. I get too hyped! We have nothing authentic like this setup in Cloud City.”

IndentionKarma was grinning. Dancing wasn’t so bad. With the right partner.

Indention“You know, we have more to offer than dune parties.”

Indention“Yeah? I’m down for anything.”

IndentionThe two danced through several more songs. Both their crews joined them by the fireside. The mood was electric, and the experience ignited a friendship between the rams. This would be the start, but Karma was right in saying: the desert had more to offer them.
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Boulangerie Story

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:54 am

Tintin is owned by Snowflakette

IndentionSunlight reflected off the glistening cobblestones of the narrow street Nefarian made his way down. Raindrops, remnants of the earlier shower, rolled down the leaves of the crawling ivy ornamenting the brick-and-mortar shops of the alley. Of all the locations he’d been sent on assignment, this quaint French village topped them all in beauty.

Indention“Hmm. He’s easy on the eyes.”

IndentionNef wasn’t admiring the scenery, but instead surveying his target. On his phone screen was the photo of a young man with soft features, attractively tousled blonde hair, and eyes so light it was difficult to discern their color. Like paint tentatively dipped on the end of a brush and delicately swept thin over a white canvas: there wasn’t enough pigment to nail down a shade. He lingered over the eyes, their subtlety drawing him into a trance.

Indention“Ah!” A pedestrian let out a cry of surprise when the 6’4 blonde ram shouldered into them. The exclamation was quickly followed up by a string of vexed phrases in French.

Indention“My bad, my bad.”

IndentionNefarian put a hand to the back of his neck as he gave his best apologetic smile. The local made a guttural sound, almost a growl, before turning and continuing on. Sighing, he pocketed his phone and turned his black-eyed gaze on the shop signs. One in particular, with the phrase ‘boulangerie’, caught his attention. He slipped through the shopfront door with the chime of the bell to signal his entry.

IndentionThe aroma of bread and coffee could have knocked him over the bakery was so permeated. When he made his way over to the display case, he smiled at the female attendant who responded with a friendly: ‘bonjour monsieur!’

Indention“Ah, yeah, sorry. Café?

IndentionShe gave an enthusiastic nod and returned shortly with a cup of coffee. Nef fumbled through the card payment machine, but eventually was free to take his mug and find a seat. His gaze swept the sitting area. Negative. He noticed a door propped open, towards the back of the shop. He carried his cup through the entryway to enter a patio with a collection of dainty, black tables. There, with his back to Nef, was his target.

IndentionNefarian took the chair opposite his subject, who, shockingly, was hunched over the table head resting on their crossed arms, eyes closed.

Indention“Rough night, bud?” Nef’s deep baritone voice was enough to wake the sleeper.

Indention“Mmmh? Oh, sorry, did you need this table?” The drowsy voice of the other earned an amused grin from Nefarian.

Indention“Just wanting some company if that’s alright. Name’s Nefarian, but you can call me Nef.”

Indention“Etienne.” He said slowly, fixing Nef with his pale-as-ghost eyes.” But called Tintin.”

IndentionNefarian took a sip from his coffee. Unprepared for the heat of the brew, he sputtered when the coffee touched his tongue." Shiiii—Ack! They sure make these piping hot."

IndentionTintin chuckled, offering him a napkin." Not from around here, Nef?"

IndentionNef cleared his throat with a last cough then leaned back in his chair, doing his best to give a casual appearance." Just flew in today, Tintin. Heard it's the French way to drop by a bouel...a bouling... a bakery, in the morning."

IndentionEtienne was polite enough not to comment on Nefarian's butcher of 'boulangerie'." Do I know you?"

IndentionNefarian could feel those pale eyes on him. Completely unlike himself: his cheeks began to flush with color. Surely Etienne couldn't guess his true motives, of hiring the shorter ram in service to his notorious group, with just a scrutinizing stare? Why did he suddenly sympathize with a bug trapped under a magnifying glass?

Indention"You don’t, but we both work for Dream Inc. I heard you work in the surreal sector." He spoke with easy confidence, but it was a half lie and he hoped he didn't sound as flustered as he felt." I had some questions about that line of work actually, and figured, since I was in the area, well, I hoped we could chat."

IndentionOne blond eyebrow rose on Tintin's face in a curious expression. He gave Nefarian a last probing look before turning his attention to his breakfast. Before him was a spread of a freshly baked croissant with almond butter on the side. He took his time lathering a generous portion of the topping on his pastry, then took a bite. The corners of his lips upturned in a content smile. Nefarian, watching all the while, developed a budding affection for the pale-eyed ram. There was something genuinely charming in the way Tintin enjoyed his croissant. When Etienne had finished half the pastry, he sat back to direct his gaze at Nef.

Indention“You came all this way, to talk shop? You know it’s restricted,” he said lowly, though not in an accusatory tone.

Indention“Between you and me Tintin, I badly need to navigate the surreal.

IndentionEtienne looked off to the side. There was a healthy stream of foot traffic passing by the patio. After a moment, he turned back to Nefarian and leaned towards him.” I can be tempted to help.”

IndentionA glimmer brightened Nef’s black eyes. It was in the bag.

Indention“For a price.”

Indention“Of course, my lamb. Your time is valuable. Not to mention your skil—”

Indention“Not just that.” Tintin interrupted. Did Nef detect a playful touch to the other’s growing grin?" One other thing too, mon agneau."

IndentionNef squirmed in his seat. All he had to offer was money.” What else… were you… wanting?” He all but breathed the words.

IndentionTintin sat back, the mischievous grin widened." How much time do you have?"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IndentionNefarian felt that familiar sinking sensation, not unlike his stomach dropping through his feet. Sure, they were falling top-down as usual into a dream, but true orientation was anyone's best guess when the "ceiling" of a warehouse was coming up fast and they were leaving behind a cement "floor", above their heads.

Indention"Tintin, my guy, how do you not lose your lunch?" Nefarian asked, a clammy dampness settling on his skin.

IndentionEtienne was the picture of grace as he sailed down to land, gently, on the bottom of the dream. He reached up and took hold of Nef by the arm, guiding him to touch down beside him.

Indention"You get used to it."

IndentionNef wiped his sweaty palms on his black jeans." I bet this isn't even the worst of it."

IndentionNo sooner had he spoken than the dream began to evolve. The "walls" of the warehouse were flying away from them, yet the image of them doubled in the same way one's reflection cascaded outwards when standing in a hall of mirrors. Gazing at the infinity loop of repeating warehouse walls made Nef's stomach churn more than ever.

Indention"Please tell me you can fix this?"

IndentionEtienne concealed his pale eyes by closing them. His stomach contracted as he took in a deep inhale. When he held the breath, a faint glow began to halo his head. The effect was mesmerizing: the increasing light being a warm, cream yellow. Nef stood dumbstruck. He'd never witnessed another's dream-weave magic give off such an ethereal impression. On the exhale, Etienne opened his eyes to reveal they were now shining the same shade as his dream-weave magic.

Indention"Wow. I'm sure you get this a lot, but your dream-weaving is hella beautiful."

IndentionTintin chuckled, the light vanishing when he closed his eyes then glowed like two candle wicks when he reopened them." They serve a purpose."

IndentionHe stepped towards what Nefarian thought was a nothing-special spot by an industrial pipe. Tintin raised his foot as if he meant to step on solid air. To Nef's astonishment, the shorter ram's foot found an invisible foothold. Etienne started to climb, ascending a staircase that did not exist to the naked eye.

Indention"Aye bro, hold up!" Nefarian scrambled to follow." Wait for me!"

IndentionPausing for the taller ram to join him, Tintin looped his right arm around Nef's left, then laced their fingers." This is why we're here. You have to learn to trust me."

Indention"Guide me wherever, bright eyes. I'm guessing you can see something I can't."

IndentionThey continued their climbing, side by side, until they neared the top of the dream. Just when Nef wondered to himself how in the world they were meant to land on the ceiling, Etienne dropped their handhold and gazed at a spot above them. Nef looked up too. The cement ceiling wasn’t quite the same as before. It faintly quivered. There was also an undercurrent of, something, moving beneath the surface. Was it no longer solid?

Indention“We’re close to the center. It’s probably going to change.” Etienne said matter of fact.

Indention“This is the center?!”

IndentionNefarian, having experience with nightmares a mile long, had developed a sixth sense for danger on the horizon. The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end as his black eyes searched the ceiling overhead for what could be setting off his senses. Then, hardly noticeable, he zeroed in on a shadow roving... the shape... the shape like—

Indention“Incoming!”

IndentionThe ceiling began to fall like water spilled out of an overturned bucket; The wave of dark water would crash into them in mere seconds. Tintin stepped back, into Nef, in the same moment Nefarian raised his right hand—the red light of his dream-weave magic bloomed out from the middle of his palm. Directly above them, the shadow had broken free the instant the ceiling transitioned into dark water. The shape was revealed to be a monstrous shark, cavernous jaw gaping wide as it launched itself at the rams. Tintin had enough time to blink: in that space of time the shark glowed the same cherry red as Nef's outstretched hand. The great white wavered like a flag blown in the wind, then it snapped into solidity, but not as it was before, but in the shape of…an umbrella? Nef took hold of the handle, just in time to lift the shark-patterned umbrella above their heads. The descending wave parted and rolled harmlessly off the surface of the device, falling into the depths of the bottom of the dream.

Indention“Oh, la vache!” Tintin exclaimed, his brain catching up with the string of events.” How did you do that?”

Indention"I wasn't always so quick on the draw," Nefarian lowered the umbrella so they could see unobstructed." Hey! The ceiling's been replaced."

IndentionA few feet above their heads was the underside of the crust of the earth. The soil was a rich brown with roots weaving sporadically between the layers. Just in reach was a conveniently placed hanging root, thick around as a forearm.

Indention"Hello, you beauty." Nef leaned forward to grasp the root.

Indention"Don't, it's not anchored."

IndentionThat took the wind out of his sails. Nef glanced at Tintin and his glowing eyes, realizing then the smaller ram was pointing to a shaft of light yards away from their place on the invisible stairs.

Indention"There."

Indention"If that's where you're wanting, darlin', we may need to fly."

IndentionThe umbrella shined a bright red then twisted and loomed up in size. It became a behemoth of an eastern dragon. The scales were a pale yellow and the eyes a shock of shimmering light.

Indention"Made them after you!" Nef announced. He wasted no time in climbing on the back of the dragon's ribbon-like elongated body. The blonde ram held out his hand towards Etienne.

Indention"C'est chouette! How nice."

IndentionHe took the offered hand and was pulled aboard by Nef, seated just in front of the taller male.

Indention"Hang tight."

IndentionAt Nefarian's word the dragon took flight. Tintin gasped at the sudden movement and feeling the buffet of the wind on his face. He grabbed hold of handfuls of the dragon's soft mane. Nefarian had his head back, laughing with delight as they soared. The dragon snaked a path through the air, headed towards the light shaft pointed out earlier. Both passengers had to shield their eyes from the bright rays as the dragon raced through the hole in the ceiling.

IndentionWhat they entered could have been a scene in a painting. They were inside a sprawling cathedral only, instead of marble floors and dusty pews, a carpet of greenery covered every inch below. There were flowers of every color, season, and climate dotting the landscape.

IndentionThe dragon chose to land among a bed of golden poppies. Tintin slid off first, followed shortly by Nef. The two paused to gawk at the grandiose garden. While they admired, visitors approached them. Little clockwork butterflies by the looks of their turning key tails and stained glass wings. Several alighted on Etienne's platinum blonde locks, while more of the pretty insects gathered on Nefarian's horns.

Indention"Oh my goat, you should see yourself."

IndentionNefarian poked a butterfly that had crawled down Tintin's bangs. The bug fluttered its many colored wings at Nef, refusing to part from its spot between the luminous eyes of the ram.

Indention"Ah!" Etienne made a happy sound, between a gasp and a chuckle." What a nice center this Dreamer has."

Indention"Dreamer?"

IndentionNef looked around them properly, only then did he notice a little girl in a bunny-print dress serving tea to several rambunctious kittens.

Indention"Aww, cute." He had to agree. Then his face became more serious with a knit of his eyebrows." Hey, bright eyes." He turned to see Tintin holding up a few of the fantasy butterflies on his finger." How did you know how to get here?"

IndentionThe glowing eyes flickered out, showcasing Etienne's pale iris color once more." It's faint, but I can see the trail of the Dreamer. No matter the look of the dream... I just follow the footprints."

Indention"Sick. I've never heard of that ability. It came in clutch though."

Indention"Your substitution dream-weaving was useful too. I may have been shark food, on my own."

Indention"And don't forget, Butter! I named them Butter."

IndentionNef patted the neck of the dragon. Butter gave a deep rumbling that may have been a purr.

Indention"Yes, Butter too." Tintin chuckled, then sobered up to flash Nef a grin." I think this could work."

Indention"Alright!" Nef pumped a fist in the air." It's on!"
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me