Kinori Pride Writing - VOK - DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Kinori Pride Writing - VOK - DNP

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon May 24, 2021 6:46 pm

Please do not post, this is a storage thread for prompt writing

Kinori Pride

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Index

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon May 24, 2021 6:47 pm

1. Intro
2. Index
3. Prompt List
4. Hazmir x Onyesha breeding prompt

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt List

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon May 24, 2021 6:48 pm

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Completed prompts list

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon May 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Prompts completed:
Before feathers (prompts were changed/not included in new prompt list):
A6 - What sort of faith does your pride have? Do they have gods?
A9 - What is your pride’s biggest threat?
A13 - How does your pride regard the dead/their ancestors? Do they watch over them, are they angry spirits, or gone forever?
A29 - What does a lion’s roar mean to your pride, culturally? A sign of intimidation, victory, mourning?

Founder prompt:
Explain your pride/group's territory in 100 words or more. How did they obtain/achieve this territory?

Territory prompts:
T 02: Explain what natural resources are located within the territory, what is easy to obtain and what is more difficult to find.
T 03: Explain the geography/natural formations of the terrain within your territory and how it impacts your character's lives.
T 06: Where has your group decided to establish a main 'base'? What makes it a good spot to call home?

Culture Prompts:
C 02: What sort of faith does your group have? Do they worship ancestors, gods, ect?

Individual Prompts:
Ralikai:
I 01: Write out this character's basic personality
I 02: Write 3 positive traits about this individual, and 3 negative ones
I 03: Write this character's backstory, how they came to join the territory (or if they were born into it) how their childhood made them who they are

Hazmir:

Kyra:
I 03: Write this character's backstory, how they came to join the territory (or if they were born into it) how their childhood made them who they are

Coevi:

Wairi:

Necora:

Gyro:
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hazmir x Onyesha Breeding Prompt (885 words) - Used

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon May 31, 2021 8:52 pm

This is a collab between Moonlight Heavens and myself, notes at the end for each person's writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun slowly rose over the vast stretch of rolling dunes. Trough the harsh cry of the wind three figures braved the storm. Ahead of the pack a sandy coloured male lion, his fur the very reflection of his home. Behind him another male followed, his violet eyes missing nothing as it scanned across their surroundings.

Halting as he turned his head upon a beautiful brown and white tinted lioness. Keanjaho waited patiently for the female to catch up as they walked further and further away from their home. On their way to meet Ralikai, a king that chose to establish his kingdom near the edge of the desert, right in the heart of a lush green kingdom full of life. It would be a few more hours of traveling. But eventually they will arrive soon.

After hours of travel Onyesha finally saw the vast stretch of greenery. Raising her head against the sharp evening light she closely observed two figures waiting. Their form illuminated by the sharp rays of the sun. Her king was the first to approach, bowing his head respectively as his rough voice rumbled. "Greetings Ralikai...im looking forward to discussing with you. This must be your heir...Hazmir i presume?" He smiled at them both warmly. Emerald tinted eyes turning upon his companions. "My healer Keanjaho and Onyesha, the pride's water guide." Keanjaho had bowed his head once the sandy coloured king said his name. However the female's eyes was locked not on the king, but the figure next to him. Yet feeling the burning gaze from Ar Ramlah upon her, she dipped her respectfully. "It's an honour to meet you your Grace. " Knowing it really wasn't her turn to speak she continued. Addressing the male next to the king. "I must apologize for staring...It's really a privilege to stand before you" She responded with a small flush of colour. At the sign of that Ar Ramlah cleared his throat as he began to speak to the ruler, asking if they both could take a stroll out of earshot from the rest. Keanjaho kindly ask for a drink if water as he excused himself. While Onyesha watched both of her companions trot off she was now left alone with the male. Turning her gaze upon him... (Written by Moonlight Heavens - 379 words)

Hazmir stared at Onyesha for a split second, unsure what he should say at first. He couldn't believe that such a beautiful lioness had visited his territory, but was much to polite to say it out loud. Keeping his thoughts to himself, he decided to welcome his guest.

"Welcome to the territory of the Kinori pride, I hope you enjoy your visit." He dips his head respectfully, hoping to show proper hospitality to the young lioness.

He looks up from his bow to share eye contact with Onyesha, both of them beginning to blush.

"I look forward to our alliance." He mutters to her softly.

He feels his cheeks rising in heat at her gentle gaze, but tries to suppress his feelings for the sake of his pride. He turns away from her gaze, realising that they should do something more than stare at each other while she was visiting.

"Would you like to take a tour of the area?" Hazmir gestured with his tail towards his favourite spot. The lioness gave a silent nod, seeming a bit shy. Hazmir took note and decided to be extra gentle just to make sure not to scare her. He took the lead in guiding the pretty, brown and white lioness around the lands that were soon to be his to rule over. First, they started by walking down the shrub infested pathways, which were void of life. Not many animals came through here often, which helped with privacy. This path eventually led to a radiant forest with lush greenery, a stark contrast to where they had just been.

Hazmir suddenly realised something pretty important. He had yet to introduce himself.
"Oh, by the way, my name is Hazmir." He tried to act casual, but he couldn't help but feel star struck.
"I'm Onyesha, nice to meet you." the smaller lion hesitantly answered back, glancing up at him with a smile.

The two of them talked for a bit while they walked to his favourite spot. Hazmir eventually got Onyesha to open up a bit about her hobbies through gently encouraging her. He couldn't help but notice the small glances that she would occasionally take and the slight blush on her cheeks. Without even realising, the two lions started walking closer together, until they were practically leaning on each other. Hazmir twined his tail with hers, noticing her blush increase by the act.

As they got nearer to the place they were looking for, Onyesha gasped at the beauty that unfolded. A mystical scene laid out before them. A swirling layer of mist gave rise to a magnificent waterfall, with a large cliff face jutting out overhead. The sun perfectly reflected on the surface of the small pool that was formed under the waterfall. Hazmir always loved coming here to relax, but he had never been able to share it with anyone else, until now.

The two blushing fools sat close by the waterfall, cuddling, grooming each other and talking about all kinds of things until it got dark.

It turns out they were both just what the other needed, something that neither of their prides could provide. Maybe this alliance wouldn't be too bad for the two star struck lovers after all. (Written by WolfstormSC - 506 words)

885 words combined
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gyro's New Home (660 words) - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 pm

"Halt! You are stepping into the lands of the Kinori Pride. "What do you have to say for yourself, outsider?" A young cub bares his teeth at the newcomer.

Gyro flinches, before catching glimpse of the small lion. He gives are hearty laugh, impressed by just how bold they are.

The cub, seeming offended, by the laughter, ran at the larger lion, attempting to take him prisoner.

"You're coming with me!" He yowls at Gyro, before headbutting him rather aggressively.

Gyro grunts. He didn't want to go with the small cub, but he decided it might be best to co-operate with him. He didn't want to get in trouble with a group, after all.

"Alright, alright. I'll be your prisoner." Gyro bows his head, taking a step in the direction that the cub was butting him towards.

"Score!" The young lion excitedly cheers. The grey lion raises his eyebrows, amused by the enthusiasm displayed.

Once in the heart of the Kinori pride, Gyro glanced at the massive caves, bewildered by them. He took note that they were crumbling in some places, but were otherwise fairly solid.

Other lions started to give him confused looks, the fur on their back starting to rise as they realised that an outsider was this deep in their territory.

"Ralikai! I've found a trespasser!" The cub howled, running to a cave in what Gyro assumed to be the leader's den.

He noticed that other lions were starting to crowd around at this point. He dipped his head at them, rather embarrassed that he got taken in by a cub. But better safe than sorry, right? He didn't want the cub to tell stories of him and for him to be hunted down later on because of it. As a lone lion, traveling alone could be dangerous for this very reason.

Gyro laid himself down, trying to appear small and as non-threatening as possible.

The cub appeared from the cavern, a larger lion following from behind.

"Hazmir here tells me that he caught you on our territory." The larger lion gestured towards the cub, a scowl on his face.

"Apologies, I happened to be passing by. It was only an accident, promise." Gyro lowered his head, not wanting confrontation.

"Hazmir, is this true?" Ralikai patiently asked the young one.

"He took a biiiiig step into our territory! You should have seen him!" Hazmir practically screamed. It was clear now that Hazmir was highly exaggerating the situation and that Gyro was in fact, just passing by.

"Hmmm... Apologies, it seems that my son here might be the one in the wrong. Can we make this up to you?" Ralikai now, was the one dipping his head.

Gyro thought for a moment, before stumbling on an idea that might just work.

"Well, there is one thing. You guys look like you need someone to reinforce these caves for you." He gestures at the more crumbled parts of the cave.

"How about I help you out in exchange for a spot in your pride?" Gyro wasn't sure if his idea would work, but he was meaning to find somewhere to live. He found it hard to pass up on such an interesting place.

Ralikai stared at the decayed parts of the caves, looking deep in thought. "Alright, you make a good point. We could use a patch up here and there. We'd be happy to have you." The older lion nods to his new pride member, a smile now on his face.

Hazmir grumbles at protest in first, but stops when his father gives him a glare. He pads up to Gyro.

"Come on prisoner, I'll show you around!" The cub butted his leg again, more playfully this time. The rest of the pride seemed to relax as they realised the meaning of the situation.

He sighed, realising that the cub wasn't going to stop thinking of him as a prisoner. At least he had found a new home. (660 words)
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bahru's Betrayal (405 words) - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 pm

"Bahru!" A young male hyena butted Bahru's shoulder forcefully, a bit harder than intended.

"I haven't seen you in forever! Where you been?" Excitement hardly contained in his voice, the youngling bounding around the older male, hardly able to stand still.

This was the very hyena Bahru was hoping not to meet while working.

"Around." Bahru grunted, staggering back. He noted that the headbutt had a bit more kick to it since he last saw him. In fact, the last time he saw Harkan, he was only a cub.

Harkan shrugged, not bothered by the vague answer. He knew that inside, Bahru cared deeply for him. At times, Bahru would be cold towards him, but he didn't mind that much. After all, it was Bahru that took him in and taught him the basics of survival when he had no one else to rely on. Bahru was a good hyena and nobody could tell him otherwise. Even if he would dissapear from the group regularly, he knew that Bahru had his reasons and he never once held that against him.

Harkan began chatting Bahru's ear off, telling him all of the new things he had experienced as he grew up in the large hyena group. About his new parents, his friends, new games they had made up, his training and how much his life had changed.

Bahru, though seeming disinterested, listened intently. However, in the background, he caught chatter of a warrior and their general, who were discussing plans of attack on the lion pride nearby. The Kinori Pride. Bahru lifted his head and sighed. Now he had to listen to them as well as the energetic adolescent.

Bahru didn't realise it until now, but since Harkan was now an adolescent, he would be putting him in harm's way if he reported back the hyena's battle plans like usual. Harkan was expected to fight now. A tinge of guilt crossed Bahru's mind. He would never be able to forgive himself if Harkan got hurt because of his actions.

How can he protect his loved ones and the ones he owes his life to when they're on opposite sides of a war?

He sighs as his loyalties begin to blur.

Maybe one day he could bring Harkan to the safety of the pride, but today was not that day. Bahru makes a silent promise to himself to return to get Harkan when it's safe.

Damn lions...
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Marching Maijo (210 words) - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:38 pm

Maijo's Song:

Crown of Thorns - Black Veil Brides

As a commander for the pride, this song would be perfect for Maijo, as she would want to play a song to inspire her soldiers, but also one that would remind them that she cares about each and every one of them. To her, they are anything but pawns and in fact, she makes a point to get to know each and every lion individually so that she knows their strengths and weaknesses, but also so that she can be there for all of them as both a friend and a commander. She knows that she is not perfect and that she has made mistakes in her past with her leadership. In fact, she even wears her own crown of thorns to show others that she will never forget that, as those mistakes costed lives. To her, that crown represents those lives and she wears it as a monument to those fallen. However, she has sincerely learnt from her past mistakes and she now hopes that everyone now trusts her enough to lead them. If not her, then she at least hopes that they can rely on each other in the heat of battle. To her, this song would best help her to convey all of this to everyone else.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coevi's Conflict (183 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 pm

"What do you meant I can't be lead hunter?" A white lion snarls at their leader, teeth bared. Coevi had wanted this role ever since she joined the pride and she was furious that Ralikai wouldn't give her it.

"I'm clearly the most skilled." She huffs indignantly.

Ralikai only sighs in response, he was clearly displeased at the behaviour of his pride mate, but Coevi thought it was more than justified.

"Look at Wairi, all she does is laze about, and you wouldn't dare have your ex mate as a leader, would you?" She shoots a quick glare at Kyra, who quickly looks away in response, not wanting to fight.

"Like I said, I'm the clear choice!" She challenges Ralikai by looking him straight in the eyes, only inches from his face.

"Coevi," Ralikai says her name rather harshly, annoyance slipping out where he hadn't meant for it to.

"This is exactly why I'm not giving you that role. You're too..." He pauses, trying to find the right word that wouldn't light the fire in Coevi's eyes even more. "Stubborn". He ends abruptly. (183 words)

(Massive wip)

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hazmir's cubhood (3,251 Words) - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:53 pm

I(s) 3: What is this individual's relationship with their childhood? Do they look upon it fondly or resent it? Do they remember it at all? How did the way they were raised contribute to who they are now? Were there any bad habits that they have now that formed directly as a consequence to their childhood?

Minimum requirement: 3250 words, OR 15 flat fullbody drawings.

(This might be a tad confusing, so I've put the visions between the dashes, while the writing before and after is his current self) - Word count starting from below this

A young male lion paces beside the pool of visions. The cool rock underfoot was strangely calming, yet he couldn't help but feel as though he was being watched. Perhaps it was his ancestors, or even the many gods that the pride worshipped. Regardless, he welcomed it.

The pool of visions was a place commonly visited by the pride's lions when they wanted to recall a memory or when they wanted to speak with the ancestors. Sometimes it may even be used as a shrine to pray to the many gods of the pride. The reflection of the pool springs forth memories or visions that dance across it's icy surface.

However, this young lion was about to become a father. He realises that perhaps now might be a good time to reflect on his own experiences as a cub and learn from that, after all, it was the sole reason he came to this place. There's so much that he could reflect on to help raise his cubs. He figured it might be best to let his mind take direction and go from there. He shakes his head, then gazes into the pool, nervous of what he might see. The visions slowly start to form.

He straight away notices surroundings from when he was young. He lets his memory play, watching it silently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazmir gazed over towards the training grounds, his face wrinkled into a frown. Yet another exhausting day of training. Each day was just as repetitive and mundane as the last. At this point, he dreaded each new day for that very reason.

He sighed, feeling a tad bit defeated. All his dad ever seemed to want to do was to prepare him to become his heir. But what about normal things that fathers would do with their cubs? Why was Ralikai not interested in doing that with him? It puzzled him and hurt him quite a bit, but he found that he could never speak up about it. Ralikai's wrath was enough during training, he wouldn't dare try to defy his wishes.

"Hazmir!" his father's yell interupts his thoughts, loud and booming. His father sounded irritated, yet again. Hazmir hurries towards the sound, fear of punishment welled up inside of him yet again. He realised that instead of this training turning into a hardened nobleman who wasn't afraid of anything, it was turning him into someone who was afraid of their own father. Again, he wouldn't dare to tell his father about how he really felt. He just wanted to make sure that Ralikai was happy, not angry.

Hazmir was greeted by a rather agitated father. "You're late, again." Impatience radiated throughout his booming voice. Hazmir swiftly nodded, before apologising. "I'm sorry, I'll do better next time." His father gives a swift nod, before leading him over the the usual spot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the vision slowly fades, Hazmir takes this time to reflect on this memory from his cubhood. It wasn't one that he liked or one that he particularly wanted to remember, but regardless, it was an important one to remember. He realised that this scared feeling from his memory continued throughout his adolescence and that he still carried it with him to this day. Maybe that's why when the moment came for him to show his worth and put all of his training to use, he felt too pressured and ran away instead. Hazmir realised that in fact, he never wanted to be heir. He still didn't, even though he still has that role within his pride.

Through this memory, he realises that it's important for him to let his cubs have a say in who they want to be and what they want. He will stand strong against his father this time and he won't allow him to influence his cub's decisions, like he had done for Hazmir.

Feeling as though there was nothing else to reflect upon from the last memory. he takes another glance into the pond, hoping for something new to show.

This time, a mother can be seen with her cub, in their den. Hazmir strained his eyes, hoping to get more detail. This vision appeared rather blurry at first, but he quickly adjusted to it. He realised that this was his own mother.

The cub shifts, looking rather uncomfortable. Something was clearly on his mind and he knew that his mother knew it too. He was thankful for her patience, as she waited for him to spit out what was on his mind. She begins to groom him, her unusual way of attempting to show comfort towards the young cub.

"Why does dad always have to be so..." Hazmir gives a hefty and defeated sigh, before continuing. "Strict?" He spits out the last part of his sentence, bitter about his father's teachings. At first, they were okay. But they soon became repetitive and stressful. He knows he shouldn't feel it, but he was coming to resent his father for these lessons.

His mother quietly curls around him, giving him a torn look. Hazmir knew that she was unsure of whose side to pick, since it was either her mate or her cub. Regardless, her eyes were kind as she waited for her cub to finish speaking.

"Hazmir, he just wants what's best for his pride. As his sole child, you are the one to inherit the pride if something ever happens to him. He just wants to make sure that you're ready." She comforts the young cub, holding him close as her tail curls around him.

The vision fades quickly this time.

While this one was short, Hazmir was able to gain some insight from it. Having a mother that always listened was a strong reason why he always had such a strong bond with her. He loved his mother and had no doubt that his own cubs would be the same. His mate, Onyesha, was a very gentle and understanding lion, one that would no doubt make a good mother and would listen to their every need. He wanted to do the same and make sure that he'd always be there for them.

He musters more strength, feeling unsure of more visions to come. Still, he looks into the pool once more for yet another one.

This time, he was facing a wall, but not just any wall. This wall had paintings and carvings that were very familiar to him. He recognized them as the teachings of the gods. He recognized his father as he pointed to one of them.

"Now this..." Ralikai's voice trails as he points to a painting of a dignified male lion, standing tall among the others. "Is Akharin. He is the god of wisdom and leadership. If you ever seek guidance, he is the one to pray to." His eyes shone with pride and excitement, getting to teach the young one about the gods was both an honour and a privilege for the young parent. Carrying on tradition was something that he very much valued, so he made sure to do that at any step of the way that he could.

Hazmir stared in awe. This was the first time hearing about the gods and although it was new to him, it was something that he genuinely enjoyed learning about. This was something different from his father's usual teachings and to him, it left a much bigger mark on him than usual.

"Akharin, god of wisdom and leadership." He nods firmly. "Got it."

Ralikai smiles at the young cub, delighted that he got it right.

The young cub gazed at his father nervously, before speaking up.
"Is... This the one you pray to the most? Since you're the leader of the pride and all..." He shifts nervously, averting his gaze now. He was afraid of getting scolded, but he was curious to learn more. He wanted to know what his father thought was the most important.

Ralikai gave a thoughtful look, before answering.
"Yes, I suppose you're right. Although, they are all important in their own way and depending on your situation, you may need to pray to one more than the others." He hoped that his answer would show not just the importance of Akharin, but of the other gods too.

Hazmir gave a surprised look, not expecting that answer. They must really be important if they were all valued by his father.

Ralikai clears his throat before speaking up. "Now, shall we continue?"

This vision, along with his voice, slowly fades slowly.

Hazmir paused for a moment, a bit shocked. This was... A good memory of his father's teaching? It was something he had forgotten about inbetween all of the more harsh ones, but it made him realise that his dad really did care for him in his own special way. In that vision, he could see the look of approval that his father gave him each time he named the gods correctly. He was a lot more gentle than usual, which is what surprised him so much. He just wished that Ralikai treated him this way more, instead of that harsh way that he would usually go about with.

He never did stop believing in those gods, perhaps this showed how effective those lessons really were. He remembered why they were looked up to and he even prayed to them during his times of hardship. He was glad that he was able to learn about them.

Still, after reflecting those lessons, Hazmir was wanting to remember more still. So, he once again turned to the pool.

A vision slowly appeared.

This time, it appears as though two lovers are arguing. Their voices only seeming to escalate as time goes on. This frightened Hazmir, yet it intrigued him at the same time. He hesitantly watches this one.

"You worked him too hard this time!" The female bares her fangs as her lover, her anger barely controlled. Hazmir gasped from the sudden change in her mother's behaviour. She would usually never yell and was a rather calm lioness. This was a whole new side to her that he had completely forgot witnessing.

"I needed to!" The male snaps back, equally as angry. Even through training, Ralikai was never quite this angry. Something had gotten to him pretty deeply for him to be this outraged.

This time after training, Ralikai had brought back a very battered and bruised Hazmir, who was out of breath and panting. This had sparked a fight as soon as Kyra had seen the poor cub. She knew that at that point, the training was getting too rough and it was way too much for the young male to bare.

Fire lit up in both of their eyes and they fought back and forth. It appeared as though his mother was angry that Hazmir was too worn out after Ralikai's lessons. Meanwhile, Ralikai was angry at Kyra for insinuating that his cub couldn't handle such a task. They were his cub after all, so they should be able to do just about anything effortlessly.

Hazmir watches from a distance, cowering behind a bush for cover. He had never seen his parents argue like this before and it frightened him. He felt as though his mother was right and that in fact, his father was pushing him too hard. He wished that the stubborn male could just see that. He wished he would see that Hazmir just wanted to live like a normal lion, without all of these added pressures. He had no ambition to be leader.

"I'm withdrawing him from your so called "lessons". They're clearly too much for the poor thing. Why can't you see that? He's only a cub..." Kyra's anger turns into a desperate plea at the end, one that Ralikai would fail to hear.

"Traitor!" Ralikai raised his voice even louder, shaking with rage. "I should never have picked you to be my mate. I hereby revoke your status as queen. You clearly aren't worthy enough to be queen. You can't even see the true potential that our son has!" He swipes at Kyra, leaving a mark that would soon become a scar and at that, dismissing the ex queen from his sight.

As the vision turns to black, Hazmir starts shaking. He hadn't remembered this until just now. Perhaps his mind had purposely forgotten it for him. Was this really how Ralikai behaved towards his mother? Is this really the reason why she was no longer queen? He pondered for a moment, dumbfounded by his father's harsh actions. He found it hard to believe that either of them had acted in this way, where they were both usually calm.

He makes a vow to himself that he would never behave that way to both his mate and his cubs. He would always try to communicate calmly and settle differences that way.

Not wanting to leave things on a bad note, Hazmir very hesitantly tries one last time.

This last vision appears quickly. It appears to be a vision of him running away from something.

Hazmir could hear his father calling from behind him, but it was all just a blur of sound to Hazmir. In his head was nothing but racing thoughts, cancelling out all other external noise.

He had ran away from his own graduation ceremony, not wanting any part in becoming heir anymore. He didn't want this, so why did he have to shoulder it? Why should he have to shoulder any of this responsibility? He just wanted to be free and he only wanted to be part of the common folk of the pride. They didn't have to stress over any of these things. That was up to the ones in charge, like his father.

He started to run faster into the forest, heart pounding in his chest. Tears welled up in his eyes and his vision started to strain, but he couldn't stop now. He had no choice but to keep going, or he would face risk of someone catching up to him. He wouldn't be surprised if someone else was sent to follow him. Worst case, he wouldn't be surprised if his father himself came after him, just to tell him off for what he had done. He was very afraid of what Ralikai would do, as he knew how deep his father's rage ran. That raw, uncontrolled anger was more than terrifying.

He knew he would face punishment when he returned and he knew he had nowhere else to go, but for now, all he knew was that he must run away and hide. This was all way too much for him. Perhaps after some time to calm down and think, he would be able to figure out what his next move would be. Hazmir was usually a very calculated lion, who wouldn't often do things impulsively. This was all new to him.

Tears streamed down his face now, as he becomes unable to control it any longer. This feeling... An overwhelming fear of abandonment from his pride. The fear that maybe he wouldn't be able to come back and he might even be kicked out, forced to live on his own.

He stops running to lay down, panting and out of breath. He couldn't keep running like this.

This vision quickly snaps to black as soon as it was over.

This one shocked Hazmir, as it was very vivid. Not just the visual aspect, but the emotional side too. He had felt everything once again, just as he did back then and almost as strongly. He had a longing to be with his family, but he told himself that it was okay and that they were safe. He was safe.

He didn't notice it at the time because he never looked back, but he realised that his father's face was one of shock and anger, while his mother was full of concern. She had tried to go after him, but was stopped by his father. Another reason for him to dislike his father even more. Maybe the comfort of his mother could have made things better, but it was too late to think of things like this now.

He remembered that after this incident had occurred, he had hid at a spot that soon came to be his favourite spot in the territory, near the waterfall. It was a calm and serene place that he enjoyed spending time alone at. Once the sun had set, he had attempted to sneak his way back into camp, as to not make a big deal of his return. He had nearly succeeded and even managed to pass the guards, however, his mother had a keen sense of smell and quickly found him once he was inside the camp. The two ended up sneaking out of camp together, where they talked about how Hazmir was feeling. He had remembered that he liked that talk. He was able to tell her how he really felt and the two had agreed to talk to Ralikai about it the next day.

Once again, Ralikai had tried to attack Kyra for once again saying that their son wasn't capable. This time, however, Hazmir had stopped him. He was no longer a cub and could finally protect those that he loved. He couldn't stand to see his mother get hurt from his father and he knew that ultimately, it was his fight. While this talk wasn't enough to remove his role, it was enough for Ralikai to understand that his training was too harsh. He ended up easing up a bit after that.

However, Hazmir still remembers one line as clear as day.
"Alright, I won't push you as hard as I have been. But Hazmir, you must rise up to take my place one day, shall anything happen to me. This is your role to fulfil. However, I will not try to push it on you until then."
It made him happy that Ralikai was beginning to understand, but he still felt mixed about his father's refusal to take away Hazmir's role as heir.

Hazmir begins to reflect on all of the memories that the pool had shown him. Each one showed important parts of his life. Yet, he was really only fond of what his mother had offered for him. He realised that perhaps, his father wasn't the greatest to him. But he knew that deep down, Ralikai did care. He just had an interesting way of showing it.

As a cub, Hazmir was always shy and reserved, but would always make a point to do as his father said. He tried to be perfect, he really did. But nothing he ever did seemed to impress his father. At most, it was considered just passable. This left a mark on Hazmir. He grew afraid of authority and judgement. He never wanted power because he never wanted to be like that towards others. He was fearful that power could change a lion. But even then, he was just not the leader type that his father so desperately wanted him to be. Maybe he would have turned out different or perhaps even more outgoing if not for his father's constant criticisms. For now, he realises there's no point in dwelling on who he is or what made him who he is. For now, he should work towards being who he wants to be and what he wants to be. For his sake, his family's and for the pride.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 16 times in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes