Ironsworn Solo • Kedd Kataan

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Ironsworn Solo • Kedd Kataan

Postby Breado » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:28 pm

Hey mods!! I'll be writing here stories so dw about this!!

ah yes, I'm an idiot who
likes to start new solo rpg
campaigns instead of
continuing the other ones : )

(title will most likely change lul)

Credits:
Contents:
  • What is Ironsworn?
  • Map (Empty Map)
  • [url=#]"Character Sheet"[/url]
  • [url=#]Companions, Bonds, NPCs and Locations[/url]
  • [url=#]Vows and Progress[/url]
  • [url=#]Stat Tracker[/url]
Last edited by Breado on Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Char sheet or something

Postby Breado » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Name: Kedd Kataan
Race: faun

Edge: 2
Heart: 3
Iron: 1
Shadow: 1
Wits: 2

Max: +10
Reset: +2

Kedd wrote:My name... is Kedd. Kedd Kataar. And uhm... I'm a faun! Just a young faun who likes to sing and play his flute and other various instruments, yup! In human years, I would probably be considered maybe twenty years old, but I'm not sure about how converting here works.

I come from a humble little village, it's called Hiddenspring. It's not much of a spectacle, really - we have little tent houses (I heard that that's because our elders used to move a lot when they were young) that are now not as easy to disassemble as the elders say they were. But oh well, at least we have not been in need of moving ever since I was born.

Assets:
  • Storyweaver
    • "When you Secure an Advantage, Compel, or Forge a Bond by sharing an inspiring or enlightening song, poem, or tale, envision the story you tell. Then, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit."
  • Slinger
    • "When launched from a sling, a simple stone inflicts deadly harm (2 harm). When you Enter the Fray by barraging your foe with sling-bullets, inflict harm on a strong hit.'
  • Totem
    • "When you hold a totem of your animal or beast companion and focus on it, roll +heart. On a strong hit, you are bound together. Add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit when you use a companion ability. If you roll a 1 on your action die when using a companion ability, the magic is spent. On a weak hit, as above, but creating this connection is unsettling; Endure Stress (1 stress)."
Last edited by Breado on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Truths

- The five main races: tabaxi, elves, humans, centaurs, tieflings
Rarer races are: changelings, dragonborns, fauns, kenku
- Fauns worship a number of gods, just like other races, but theirs are mostly gods related to nature.
- Changelings have been disliked in all realms ever since they made themselves known; they're regarded as an untrustworthy race, with people teaching children to always be suspicious when they see one of them.
- There are huge iron pillars scattered around the land. They're quite rare and mysterious, the people of the land believe they're something like a totem, representatives of the gods.
———————————
Stats ... ...

Theme: Creation, Power, Rumor, Warning
———————————

Kedd Kataar, the young faun grew up in the little faun village of Tuqshid. He's an orphan - nobody knows who his parents are or were nor where they could be if they're still alive. All that is certain about his origins is that he was found by one of the elder druids. The old faun found him in the hole of an old tree trunk, neatly wrapped in a scarf. Taking in the young faun, the elder named him Kedd after the day he found him on and took care of him until the day he died.
After that, Kedd's life didn't get any easier. Even when the old faun was still with him he was treated as an outsider. The fauns of Tuqshid are very cautious when it comes to people outside of their home - them being a rare race has both ups and downs. One such downside being that their special talents related to crafting amd nature-magic has been exploited in the past; nobles and fancy merchants liked capturing them for these gifts, making them work for them like slaves.

———————————

Kedd yawned and stretched as the morning sun's rays lazily shone through his room's courtains. It was the second day of the week, the one he usually waited for the most; it was when his messenger friend Kai came to bring mail from outside the forest. The entire little village trusted the man; he was basically their only connection to the other villages, their chief, and communities of the land, and he did his job exceptionally well.
Walking to the window he looked outside to see if his friend was already here. He didn't see the usual small crowd that tends to surround the messenger - he guessed he was already done here.
However, just as he was about to go get ready for today he heard someone shout "He's here!"
A huge smile appeared on Kedd's face. He's just late then, he thought. I didn't miss him!
Kedd quickly changed clothes and ran outside to get to his friend as fast as possible. In times like this the faun wished he was taller so he could get noticed faster.
"Kai!” - he called out to his friend - ”Kai, I'm here! How was your
trip?"

When he finally fought his way through the small crowd he saw that instead of his usual cheerful greeting Kai threw a "Thank gods, you're here-" towards him. He looked like he's been running for a whole day - he was trying to catch his breath while also reassuring the others that he was fine.
"I- uhm... me?"
"Yes! Yes, you Kedd!" The faun took a deep breath. "The chief! He- he's calling! For you, Kedd!"
Kedd was definitely not the only one who couldn't believe what just came out of the messenger mouth.
"The chief- you mean the chief of-"
"Yes!" — the messenger cut him off, — "Morien Kormak himself, my dear boy!" He looked quite excited for someone with such a boring job. He then added with a playful smile: "Now hurry up, fawn! We don't want to make the chief wait, now, do we?"
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me