Fountain of Lionish Knowledge | VOK Summitfall Pride

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Fountain of Lionish Knowledge | VOK Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:18 am

Writing storage for my Valley of Kings pride. Please do not post!
Last edited by Kitten-Girl-500 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S25: Batch 1

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:21 am

you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S25: Batch 2

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 am

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S25: Batch 3

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S10: Noelle's Revelation | Fountain of Lionish Knowledge

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:23 pm

Noelle lingered hesitantly outside Kemuel's study. Her heart fluttered with nerves, and she tried to stop her stomach from churning. Although, now that she focused on the feeling, it was one of her cubs inside her, kicking at her belly. She lowered herself to the ground, trying not to let her enlargement show. She wished that she could just avoid having this discussion at--

"Noelle?"

She jerked her head up to see Kemuel poking his grayed muzzle out of his study. His amber eyes were full of confusion. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"I wanted to talk to you," she blurted out.

"Why don't we do it in my study, instead of with you lying on the ground."

He turned around and disappeared into the room. Noelle hesitantly got up, trying to keep her belly from swaying as she slowly padded into the room and sat down on one of the furs that Kemuel had laying around.

Her adoptive father settled himself across from her. "Now, what was it you wanted to talk about?"

She tried to speak, but the words were stuck in her throat. "F-Father..."

"Is it something about your sister?"

"No, no, Wynter's... fine," she hedged, hoping it was true. Last she'd checked, Wynter was alright.

Kemuel laid a paw on top of Noelle's. "Whatever is going on, you can tell me. I'm your father. I won't judge."

Oh, but you will. Noelle bit her tongue to keep herself from saying the words.

"Dad... I'm pregnant."

There it was. The irreversible truth was out on display for all to see now. There was no going back, as much as she wanted to once she saw the expression on her father's face.

"I know what you're thinking," Noelle began, trying to get ahead of Kemuel. "I know you're protective of me, and I understand why. But I'm an adult, and I can make decisions. And don't think that the father's inside these walls." She swallowed hard, trying to blink back tears. "He's already gone."

Recognition dawned on his face. "You don't mean..."

Noelle nodded slightly, the movement that opened the floodgates. She couldn't stop the tears from coming. All those moments in secret, she'd been thinking that Sayyid would be her mate for eternity. They'd grow old together, inside these walls, rearing their cubs side by side.

And now she'd have to do it all alone.

"Oh, Noelle. I'm so sorry." And then her father was letting her lean against his shoulder, letting her cry into his mane like she had so long ago. It was ironic to think that she'd done this so many times when she was younger, after he'd dispelled her crushes. Now that all seemed small in comparison to the reality that she was facing now.

"Do the healers know how many there are yet?"

"No," she sniffed. "It's too early to tell."

He let out a long sigh. "However many cubs you have, know that your mother and I will always be here to support you. If you need some grandparents to take a turn watching them while you rest, just say the word."

Noelle smiled despite herself. "Thanks, Dad."

"Always."

529 words
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S10: Mei's Escape, Parts I-V | Fountain of Lionish Knowledge

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:20 am

Mei stared out at the misty ocean, her arms resting on the windowsill. Despite her blindness, she could tell that it was misty because of the moisture wafting against her face. The kingdom of Chikara was always beautiful this time of year, or so she was told. All she knew about her home were the tastes, touches, smells, and sounds.

And oh, how many sounds there were. From her position up in the clifftop palace, she could hear fisherman hollering to each other. The rustle of the wind in the leaves accompanied by the gentle creaking of branches.

But even those were drowned out by the sounds in her mind that kept repeating over and over. Her sister shouting at their father to treat Mei like a normal princess. The creed of the broken Chikarans, all pledging to serve to the best of their ability. Wei's protests that Mei shouldn't be lumped in with them just because of her blindness.

Mei let out a long, hard sigh. She was so tired of being trapped here. Everyone was convinced that she was the servant princess, that she was the sole attendant of Princess Wei. Everyone knew that Wei was to be the future heir to Chikara's throne, and not Mei.

She hated the prejudiced, traditional society that she'd been born into. She, and everyone else with disabilities, shouldn't be looked down on just because they weren't "whole". It had been too long that she'd put up with this. Far too long.

250 words

Resolve firm, Mei was about to head back inside to gather her belongings when a strange noise caught her attention. It almost sounded like waves crashing in reverse, though Mei knew that was impossible. She'd lived by the sea her whole life and not once had heard something like this.

And then the sound was gone, replaced by wingbeats. Mei craned her neck upward. Something was coming, and it sounded like--

A thump signaled a creature landing on the roof of her pagoda.

Stiffening, Mei tried not to panic as whatever-it-was crawled around up there, breathing heavily. She dared not speak and attract what might be a predator down here. As much as she hated it, she was virtually defenseless.

"Who are you?"

She started at the sound of a voice behind her. Whipping around, Mei tried to fix her terrified expression. "I-I'm blind. What are you?"

The mystery creature chuckled. "I'm a winged lion. I have the ability to phase between dimensions. Yours called out to me for some reason, though I can't imagine why." The sound of fur rubbing against itself, like he was cocking his head to the side. "Are you in need of escape?"

She gaped at him. "How did you know?"

"It's one of my abilities," he continued. "Comes with the phasing. But if you're looking to escape this realm, I can help you."

Mei hesitated. "How do I know I can trust you?" Escape sounded so tempting, so enticing... but she'd wound up in bad situations before. She didn't want to sign herself up for something that could turn out to be a fake.

270 words

"I once had to leave my own realm because of unnatural causes." He sighed. "I know what it's like to have a life you don't want thrust on you. I can help you start over, if you want it."

Mei lifted her chin. "Where do I sign?"

"Sign?" he echoed. "I'm sorry; even with my frequent travels between realms, I don't understand regional slang."

"It means yes." Mei slowly walked forward, hand outstretched, until she felt soft fur in her grasp. "How do I do it?"

"I can take you to the lion realm," he offered. "I can help you transform into a lion. No one will know about your life here. You can start over with no baggage."

Mei bit her lip as her sister's face flashed across her mind. What would Wei think of this? She was always so adamant about getting Chikara to accept Mei for who she was. Could Mei really bear to leave the one person she cared about?

She let out a long sigh. "Okay. Let's do it."

"Hop on my back, between my wings. That'll be the easiest way to transport you out of here."

Mei was just settling herself on his back when she heard alarmed shouts. "Go, go!" she urged Boaz. "Those are the guards. We have to go now."

He leaped up into the air, his powerful wings beating to keep them aloft. Mei tucked herself close into his back, grabbing fistfuls of his mane. Then came the backwards-wave noise, and then she was swept away.

256 words

It felt like she was getting dragged through a hole in space and time. Every fiber of her being was stretched and squished as they passed between dimensions. And then they were through to the next realm.

Boaz came to a sudden stop, so quick that Mei almost flew right over his head. "Is this it?" she gasped, trying to get air back into her lungs. "Is this the lion realm?"

"Yes," Boaz answered, starting to lumber off somewhere. Mei struggled to stay on his back as he walked. "It's a full moon tonight... perfect."

"What? It was only mid-morning back home. What time is it now?"

"That's the thing with other realms; things often are different than the previous one. It looks to be just after sunset." Boaz kept turning his neck from side to side, as though looking for something. Mei wondered what he was searching for, but she kept her mouth quiet.

"So, how are you going to turn me into a lion?" Mei ventured. She was a little bit uneasy at the thought of having four legs instead of two; she was used to being a person, and not an animal. But if she was able to start over, it would be worth it.

"Oh, I'm not."

"But you said--" Mei started

"I said I can help you. I can't do it myself, but I know someone who can."

Mei let out an annoyed sigh. She'd dealt with people like Boaz back home, people who thought she was stupid enough to buy into their ploys. And with every lumbering step, she was starting to wonder if this was just a scam, and if she'd gotten herself into a bad, bad situation.

285 words

"What exactly are we looking for?" she ventured. "What's so important about sunset and the full moon?"

"I'm trying to find you a moonfolk," Boaz said. "A moonfolk has the ability to change someone else into one of their kind."

"I thought you said you'd help me turn into a lion," Mei pointed out. "Not a moon-whatever."

"A moonfolk is primarily a lion," he sighed. "They remain in their lion form for twenty-nine days out of thirty. On the full moon they just transform into a more powerful form." He stopped, and Mei could have sworn he was looking at her. "The transformation process isn't--you know what, you'll see how it goes when we find one."

That wasn't the most reassuring comment ever, but Mei tried to swallow her fear and keep herself calm. Everything was going to turn out just fine.

They continued wandering (at least, she assumed they were wandering) for another fifteen minutes. Mei was beginning to wonder if Boaz had dropped them in the wrong location when she heard growling.

"What was that?" she asked, her voice low.

"A moonfolk. She just transformed."

Mei's eyes widened in alarm, but she said nothing. Her grip on Boaz's mane tightened as he stalked toward the moonfolk. Her heart started fluttering out of control, and though she tried to keep herself straight and tall like she'd been instructed to all her life, every fiber of her being was telling her to flee while she still could. But she forced herself to stay still and not move a muscle.

259 words

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Renneri's Annoucement, I-II | Fountain of Lionish Knowledge

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm

"Hey, Ren, good to see you. You staying for long this time?"

Renneri approached her dad, ducking past other lions. The barracks were always crowded between shifts, as lions napped, wrote, or polished their armor. "I wanted to talk to Mom. Do you know where she is?"

"I think she's cleaning the west wing today. But hey," he called as she turned to leave. "Be sure to come back and see me before you leave, okay?"

"Got it," she called over her shoulder, already headed for the hall.

Having grown up in the fortress, Renneri knew the place forward and backward. She turned up a flight of stairs that led to the above-ground levels. She passed maids and guards alike as she went. No one bothered her; they all knew her from her time here.

She sighed. She'd missed the bustling, busy atmosphere of this place. Even though her sanctuary with Momuso was peaceful, there was something about being in a busy place that made her feel alive.

Another flight of stairs led her to the west wing. It was empty, save for the occasional maid cleaning the cobblestone floors. And it made sense why: this was the wing for nobles and other important figures in the fortress. Everyone who lived in these rooms were usually too busy with their jobs to spend time lazing around.

It wasn't hard to find Anamosa. All Ren had to do was search for the room with the biggest mess. With her need for organization, her mother couldn't resist an enticing disaster of a room.

Poking her head inside a room that belonged to Noelle, Renneri found her mother putting away toys into a wooden trunk. "Hey, Mom."

Anamosa glanced up from her work, a smile brightening her face. "My little Renneri, come to pay me a visit!" She stood up. "How are you?"

"I'm doing alright." Renneri smiled. "I've been busy with the sanctuary."

"Well, you certainly took your sweet time with having a family of your own," Anamosa said with a knowing grin.

"W--how did you know?"

"When you have three litters, it's easy to tell when someone else is expecting." She moved to embrace her daughter. "Life's moving so fast lately. You need to slow down and see me more before I'm not here to come back to."

"I know. Like I said, we have a lot of cubs to take care of at the sanctuary."

"Soon you'll have more than just orphans to take care of." Anamosa winked. "Be sure not to show too much favoritism, alright?"

"You know what it's like with the sanctuary. Every cub I raise feels like a son or daughter."

"Yes, well, you haven't had a litter of your own yet." Anamosa gave a slight nod. "Just give it time, dear, and you'll understand what I mean."

"I'll bring the cubs by as soon as they're old enough," Renneri promised. "They need to get to know their grandmother."

"You hear that?" Anamosa lowered her muzzle toward Ren's belly. "You're going to get more of me soon, youngsters."

512 words
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sister Bonding | Fountain of Lionish Knowledge

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Subira cast a wry glance back at her sister. "Whaddya say? Care to go hunting with me? There're a lot of mouths to feed and the prey won't come to our doorstep."

Renneri glanced up at the sky. "I don't know. I need to get back to the sanctuary..."

"The sanctuary will be there an hour from now. Come on, it's not every day to get to hang out with your little sis."

Ren sighed. "Fine. Where're we--"

Subira let out a whoop and charged down the hill, heading straight for the forests. The wind rushing through her fur, accompanied by the adrenaline that pumped through her veins, made her feel alive in a way nothing else could. As she entered the trees, she slowed, keeping her pawsteps light. No use in scaring off all the prey in a half-mile radius with her shenanigans.

Renneri came to a stop beside her--or at least, tried to stop. She'd built up so much momentum that she plowed forward, colliding with a thicket of brambles head-on.

Subira could barely keep a straight face as she trotted over to her sister. "You look like you're a little out of practice," she snickered.

"Ha ha, very funny." Renneri twisted around, trying to free herself. The thorns caught and pulled at her fur, succeeding in keeping her withing their grasp. With a sigh, she asked, "Could I get a little help here."

Rolling her eyes, Subira hauled her sister out of the thicket, scraping her own paws on the thorns.

Renneri stood up, shaking out her pelt, which still had a few stragglers in there. "Thanks."

"That's what a sister's for."

275 words
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Not Quite What I Had In Mind | Fountain of Lionish Knowledge

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:42 am

"Are you ready to go?"

Kassia glanced up from the letter she'd been writing. Zeru stood in her doorway, looking handsome as ever. "Yep." She stood up and followed him out the door.

"I've got everything set up, but we're going to need to fly to get there." Zeru led them both up a flight of stairs.

"Good thing you're dating a winged lioness, then." Kassia returned his smile with a warm one of her own. She liked being around Zeru, more than she'd expected when she'd first met him. He seemed to genuinely care about her opinions. And she cared about him too.

They emerged onto the top of the fortress wall. Zeru launched himself into the air, his lightning wings carrying him up into the sky. Kassia followed him, soon flying by his side.

They flew for a short while until Zeru angled down toward a clifftop. Kassia followed him, confused at the sight that lay before her. As she landed beside him, she couldn't help asking, "Ah... what was this supposed to be?"

Cursing, Zeru tried to clean up the spilled food and torn picnic blanket. "I knew I shouldn't have left this without someone to guard it. If only--"

A hoot cut him off. Kassia and Zeru looked up to see an owl perched idly in a tree, with what looked like the remains of soup all over its beak. It hooted again and then flapped away.

"I'm gonna kill that bird," Zeru growled, flaring his wings and crouching for takeoff.

"Hey, hey." Kassia touched a paw to his shoulder. "This is fine. I don't need any food to have a good time with you."

He let out a long, hard sigh. "Fine. Next time, you plan the date."

293 words
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kassia X Zeru: Breeding Prompt I | Fountain of Lionish Knowl

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:42 pm

Kassia twirled around once, the lace of her sash flitting against her forelegs. "What do you think?"

"You look amazing," Noelle insisted. "With this dress on, you look like a rajah."

Kassia moved over to hug her best friend. "Thank you for doing this."

"Anything to make your special day even better."

Taking a deep breath, Kassia stepped out from the fluttering aspens. Her beloved stood in between two pines, right next to Kemuel. Her lion friends were all gathered here, and she knew her moonfolk acquaintances were watching from the windows where they could. She held her head high, ready to walk down the aisle and--

"Wait!" Dyani scampered up with a flower crown in her mouth. She flung it at Kassia's head, promptly proceeding to whack the bride in the side of the face.

Collective gasps echoed around the clearing as Kassia blinked, momentarily stunned. A laugh bubbled out of her and she picked up the crown with a forepaw, slipping it onto her head. "Thank you, Dyani."

The little lioness squeaked and ran to hide behind her mother, embarrassed at all the attention.

Kassia continued forward. All eyes were on her, but she only had eyes for one lion. Little leaves and white flowers stood out against his dark blue mane. He regarded her with interest, warmth, and most of all, love. As she stepped up onto the small raised platform, she couldn't take her eyes off him. Finally, this was the moment she'd waited for all her life.

"We're gathered today to witness the union of one lion and one lioness. They have decided to tie their souls together with the sacred bond of mateship." Kemuel's sonorous voice was almost drowned out by the rapid beat of Kassia's own heart. She couldn't take her eyes off of Zeru's golden ones. "Kassia, you will start us off."

Kassia cleared her throat. "Today I pledge to honor you, respect you, and love you forever. You are my every dream come true, my guiding light in the darkness. I vow to look to you when I need protection, to stand by your side every single day, and to stay faithful to you forever. I promise to be your loving wife for the rest of my years. How lucky am I to call you mine?"

As she finished her vows, she glanced down at the ground between her paws. Had she said everything correctly? Maybe she was supposed to say "honest" instead of--

"Today I promise to be your navigator, to be your copilot, to be your husband. Your love gives me hope. Your smile brings me joy. You are the most amazing lioness I have ever met. You are my life, my greatest gift. Today I join my life to yours. Let me be the shoulder you lean on and your support forever."

Kassia only had eyes for him as Kemuel wrapped a piece of cloth around their paws. Zeru was to be her future, her solid rock. No matter what else moved in her life, he would be there to keep her grounded.

With him, the future was bright. And as they said their final words, Kassia had never felt brighter.

533 words
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me