SF Spring Event Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

SF Spring Event Writing

Postby GreyScale » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:49 am

Please do not post!!
Story booth

Prompts: #1

Flit(z) included throughout prompts: Aria, Cephus, Aleiah, Orion, Forsythia, Yudara
Last edited by GreyScale on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt #1

Postby GreyScale » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Today's prompt wrote:Here's today's prompt!
The Easter weekend has begun and soon shall be the time for fun! Tell me how you and your friends prepare for Easter!

Easter wasn't that far away now at all and everyone was getting ready for the big holiday. The stores had raised the price on all the Easter themed candy and outfits while decorations hung at every visible window. Baskets and plastic eggs stocked many of the shelves and the occasional Flitz dressed in a cheesy rabbit costumes would hug and take pictures with the young Shadow Flitz that ran to meet them.
Aria liked Easter a lot. She even naturally matched the pastel colored theme of the holiday just like her younger cousin Aleiah of whom she was shopping with right now to buy the needed supplies for the Easter celebration she was hosting this year with a few friends as she didn't have much family she was close to or could visit.
"Aria! Aria! Look at these! The eggs are painted so pretty." Aleiah exclaimed as she bounced up and down in excitement point to a small display of eggs behind a window meant to grab you attention just like they did Aleiah's.
"Yes, they are very pretty." Aria agreed. "Now come on, we still need to get some more candy and a few invitation cards." She told her younger cousin with a smile. Since she was hosting the Easter party at her house this year, Aria was responsible for making sure everything was in ship-shape hence the multiple bags full of candy, eggs, decorations and many other party supplies.
Aria and Aleiah entered another one of the small shops that lined up across the streets and picked out the last few necessities needed to help bring everything together, they purchased the items and added them to their growing collection of bags they were both carrying.
"Alright. All that's left is to get some flowers from my shop. I prepared them yesterday at work so all I have to do is pick them up from the back room." Aria told her younger cousin as she began to make her may to her flower shop only a few stores down. She then pulled out her key to unlock the back entrance from her bag and stepped inside. Aria turned on the light then gathered the flowers before gently placing them in her bag and exited the shop, once again joining the always happy Aleiah outside.
The duo then slowly made their way home have bought everything they needed, the two spent their time chatting and window shopping at all the stores they passed along the way.
Aria was glad to spend time with her little cousin again like she usually did on holidays when Aleiah didn't have school and she always looked forward to spending time together decorating her house and yard like they did every holiday.
Soon the two reached Aria's home right outside the village. It was a beautiful white house with a large yard filled with bright green grass and flowers of every color. Vines grew up the support beams that help up the roof over the porch and the slightly chipped and weathered paint only made it feel more home-y and welcoming to anyone who visited.
Aria and Aleiah immediately got to work on the decorations as soon as they stepped inside the house. Aleiah pulled out an Easter themed table cloth from one of the bags and put matching pastel colored plates, cups and other utensils in kitchen for later while Aria hung streams any and every where. Pink tinted glass vases with a variety of flowers ware placed around the house on the tables and counters and eggs were stuffed to be his on Easter. Soon enough the two were done decorating everything and they stood back to admire their work. All that was left was to send an invitation to their friends. Everyone knew the party was at Aria's house but the cards were nice to have in case you forget the time and Aria found them cute in general.
At the end of the day everything was perfect and ready to go. Aria and Aleiah were proud of their work and couldn't wait until Easter day.
The two spent the rest of their day watching old Disney movies and eating extra chocolate that was left over from stuffing the plastic eggs as they did every Easter. It was almost like their own little tradition after decorating for the holidays and Aria couldn't help but smile at the thought.

word count: 736
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me