FrondClan | Rise | Do not Post

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

FrondClan | Rise | Do not Post

Postby cloudy days » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am

FrondClan
A dream is like a river ever changing as it flows and a dreamer's just a vessel that must follow where it goes.

Level 2
Number of Cats: 4/7
Leader: Raccoonstar | Deputy: | Herb User: |

FrondClan is no longer running as of 26/01/19
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: FrondClan | Rise | Do not Post

Postby cloudy days » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:35 am

level 0 wrote:At Level 0, you can have: 1 cat total (1 leader)
► Get your founder
► Make a thread
► Describe your territory (100+ words)

level 2 wrote:At Level 2, you can have: 7 cats total (limits: 1 leader, 1 deputy, 0 medicine cats)
► Write about or draw a scene about your clan's camp
► Describe your leader and deputy's relationship (100+ words)
► Describe your clan's reputation (50+ words)
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloudy days » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 am

Territory

355 Words
Deep within the meadows of a sheep farm, a small forest of towering oaks sits behind a small river and green banks. FrondClan lives under the first trees of the wood, catching minnows and thrushes. After their leader escaped from the city FrondClan was founded (with a visit to their equivalent of the Moonpool, the Moonvalley, an old quarry) and began to thrive. Although the cats of this clan live beside the river in the rain - which they love - they move closer under the leaves of the forest as hearing rain on the leaves always satisfies them. Rain is very well known for the clan, but unlike other clans they favour the rain as it helps the forest, and the body of water is usually swelling in all seasons. They eat a mixture of fish and bird prey, relying on birds and even squirrels when the river swells over its banks or fish and voles when birds fly south. Land prey is not often seen in their fresh-kill pile as this clan is often up trees or down by the river. They stay under the first trees of the forest so that they do not drown when water is rising and so that they have shelter, under two trees that have joined together at the same height as a fully grown twoleg. Most of the trees have intertwined branches, as they were originally planted as a grove.The city stands just in view from the banks, and a thunderpath stretches as the border between meadow and forest. Sheep never cross the river, however this clan does using the fallen trees that often appear in Leaf Fall, or Autumn as Raccoonstar calls it. Daisies are usually always visible in New Leaf, Green Leaf and early Leaf Fall. At the opposite side of the forest there is a very old mansion, where cats often take blankets for the dens in the winter as kittypets usually know they are used for warmth and sick cats go there. Over by the old mansion there is the Moonvalley, an old quarry where leaders of FrondClan go to communicate with the stars.

Camp

256 Words
Beside the river and under the first trees, FrondClan's camp is. The dens are very similar as all of them are made of bracken,ferns, and twigs. The only difference between the dens is that the Queen's den, the Medical den and the Apprentice's den is woven on the outside with thorns, as any invaders could take young cats to train up or steal much-needed herbs. The medicine den is next to the Queen's den in case any queens need assistance for giving birth or looking after kits. Their fresh-kill pile is on the other side of the medicine den, and is often filled with plentiful prey. The leader's den is in a large hollow tree, where the leader also makes announcements and the Apprentices find the best moss at the roots of the tree. This tree is known as the Eternal Tree, as it has been at that location for hundreds of years in twoleg time and it stays green all year round. Also, it is used for climbing as well as finding easy moss when a nest needs to be constructed quickly. The dens usually have flowers woven and growing around them, to make it seem a nicer place. FrondClan does not have a barrier other then their river, which they use as a moat. The meadow on the side of the forest with the river if filled with sheep, and the forest can be known to have deer and rabbits if none of their usual food can be found in their respective places.
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: FrondClan | Rise | Description and Reputation

Postby cloudy days » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 am

Description
211 words
The cats of FrondClan are often mistrusting, as many of them have come from the city or have lived as rouges. Also because of the city, many of them have a sly and vicious steak in order to survive the wilds. However, instead of shunning others with kittypet routes who might be afraid, they strive to make them stronger and work with them. Outsiders are taken in all the time, regardless of the mistrust the city has left them. They are battle-hungry and good hunters, with roughly paw pads to help them climb and the sharp claws to hook fish out of water. They have a natural like for water, and cats that don't are encouraged to train to become water resistant. They are graceful, and use the shadows and balance to their advantage by jumping on intruders from the trees. As the city may have brought spies, sometimes deputies or another cat are sent to the city to investigate. All warriors are trained to scavenge for food to know the difference between city rats and leftover food in case there is a food shortage. An apprentices assessment is to stay in the city for the night and bring back their mentor's favourite prey to show their thanks for their training.

Although FrondClan hates it, they are usually seen as city rouges who decided to move somewhere else to receive county/world domination. Yet they can't seem to shift this view as it does seem that the majority of cats are from the city, and this thought seems to change the way how some of them think, as even the most reckless of cats in the clan wouldn't use cheating moves and they all share prey. To an outsider who knows they aren't just rouges who have formed together to achieve future domination of cities and forests they are seen as deceptive, intelligent cats who want to live quietly in the forest and on the edge of the meadow.
Last edited by cloudy days on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloudy days » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 am

FrondClan Allegiances:

Leader:

Raccoonstar | #573 | x

Deputy:
Name | [url=link]Number[/url] | [url=link]x[/url]

Medicine Cat:

Warriors:
Nightfang | #671 | [url=link]x[/url]
Cloverstrike | #710 | [url=link]x[/url]

Apprentices:
Russetpaw | #623 | [url=link]x[/url]

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloudy days » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:38 am

Raccoonstar

Raccoonstar | Female | 37 Moons
History:
Word Count: 262
Raccoon grew up in the dark alleyways of the city
with one other sibling, catching mice with her
mother Brindle and her father Coal. When
she reached three moons she began to
train as there was a great risk with dogs
scurrying about. Her only sibling, Bat, was
taken by a dog and not seen again while
they were both only four moons old. She
continued to live in the alleyway until her
sixteenth moon, when her mother passed away
from a poisoned rat and her father had ran
from the alleyway eleven moons ago. She
vowed to find her father, and spent ten moons
doing so. She began to be known as "Shadow
Traveller", often turning up mysteriously out
of shadow before disappearing after helping or
harming the situation and saving lives from
the mostdangerous of rouges. Raccoon
did this for some time, before strange dreams
began to wake her up in the middle
of the night when the city lights did not
block the stars. These dreams confused her,
but she soon learned of mysteries
from lands far away. These cats were
ancestors she found, and it seemed
that she was eavesdropping on them,
or sharing secrets with her. Raccoon's mother
and father appeared among them, but
her brother did not and she learned he was
not dead. The dreams began to point her to a
light that she could not reach, and that was the
Moon Pond, in a new territory by a bank.
It was then she formed FrondClan, and the
dreams ebbed away. She found her purpose.
Personality:
Word Count: 242
Reserved and quiet, Raccoonstar is usually one to be
seen as a loner with the only ability of hiding from rouges,
as most cats younger then her boast harsh scars
from close run ins with the top rouges like Claw and Fang,
or other ones of the Boss's henchmen in the city. However,
she uses what she is judged by to her advantage, hiding
in shadows or trees and ambushing others. Her silence
is merely because she likes to seem mysterious, often
leaping into situations and out of them without a word.
She is sly and deceptive, carefully noting her enemies slips
and using their moves against them. Even though none of
the top rouges have ever come to her grove of peace,
she still uses her wits and tactics to reassure a cat who
might be lost and to help them find a safe place in her clan.
She is clever as well, using the surroundings she is given
to her advantage. While she has a mean streak, making
annoying comments to make her enemies lose their
focus for a quick getaway. Although she appears stern, a
silly pun may make her laugh, and the funniest jokes
make her lighten up. She has a kind streak too,but it
doesn't always show and often appears when
someone needs help.

In anger, she will often do things she later regrets,
like attacking something or someone because of
terrible deeds done by it.

Strengths:
Stealth, Stamina, lying, swimming, setting things right,
ambushes, battle and fighting skills.

Weaknesses:
Truth telling, hunting, climbing, agility, dealing with loss,
controlling her temper.

stars, battling, nighttime, winter snow and breeze.

Dislikes:
Bullies, overcrowded spaces, summer, panic,
brightness, being told she is wrong.

ImageArt by ~Glaceon~
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloudy days » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:39 am

"Come on! So you say your name is Flare?" Raccoonstar had just patrolled in search of anything interesting, before paying a visit to her beloved city; something interesting could be waiting for her there. She was right: a young she-cat had just stumbled into her with a scowl clearly looking for a fight or something interesting to do. "Yes my name is Flare. I recognize you. Aren't you that nosy Shadow Traveller?" To the young she-cat's surprise, Raccoonstar grinned. "You aren't in the dark about one thing. That is the name I go by to street dwellers," the tabby lifted up her head proudly. "I'm so glad to see you think so highly of me. Now what are you running from?"

Flare's eyes darted to the right. "Nothing." she said after a moment's hesitation. The red tabby's ears were pricked as if listening for something - or someone. Raccoonstar's eyes darted to the right also, ears pricked. Then Flare bolted, but the Shadow Traveller was not so easily caught out. She glided to the the side in an instant like a hawk that spotted a tasty looking mouse. The older tabby wasn't letting her newest "friend" go so soon. "Tell me, kit, or I'll give you to a dog that needs a playmate." she dropped the nice approach in an instant, hissing. The red tabby cowered slightly, whiskers drooping. Her confidence had descended especially when dogs had been mentioned, Raccoonstar noted.

"Dogs. Don't mention the foolish rat-brains. Some kitty thought it would be a good idea to tell me that the best mice were in the old twoleg den. They didn't mention the great brutes guarding it would chase me around from there to the forest!" spat Flare, her tail lashing. Suddenly she froze. The smell of old fleas and wet lakes was coming closer. "Run! Oh great Shadow Traveller, it seems we require you wisdom to know we should run rather than be fresh prey." snorted the the tabby, beginning to dash away before Raccoonstar could meow "dog stench".

"You're not getting away that easily! If you want to be safe from dogs, cross the stream ahead!" in leaps and bounds Raccoonstar followed Flare across the exit Thunderpath that marked the boundary between city and meadow, muttering something about recklessness before speeding towards the forest. Now the red tabby was glad she had swam in the old reeking canal instead of staying in the twoleg tent with the rest of the cats originally planning to swim (before they showed they were mere housecats who sounded braver then they felt). Without those lessons she may have lost a life or three. Flare followed her in, shaking at first but beginning to match the strokes across the river.

At the treeline, Raccoonstar checked there were no dogs. Thankfully none had followed. They were on her clan's territory now. To her surprise Flare screwed up her face. "Too many trees. Ugh. At least it's safe, there isn't the reek of dogs and rats." she said aloud, her flame coloured pelt dwindling to a crimson brown due to the water.

"We are on clan land now. Would you like some forest prey? Or an apprentice ceremony first? I agree. A ceremony." a mildly interested look crossed Flare's face, and a flash of wild excitement crossed her eyes. Then she resumed the bored look, hoping Raccoonstar hadn't noticed. The older she-cat chuckled: life was going to get interesting. "Flare, you shall now be known as Russetpaw. I will be your mentor. Welcome to FrondClan!"
cloudy days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me