Cats of the Whispering Wood - Writing - Rise - DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Cats of the Whispering Wood - Writing - Rise - DNP

Postby Oceanfosh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:06 am

Cats of the Whispering Wood

Writing

Rise
Main page

Written scenes and other types of writing will be posted here, instead of on the main thread so it isn't a big mix of writing and cats. I'm not sure how often writing will be posted but there should be some soon!

Stories will be listed here in the order that they occur, with the earliest first on the list:
Swiftstar's Story, Stormface's Arrival, The Camp, Emberflight's History, Tailsage is Here!

Stories/Writing that does not have a place in the timeline will be listed here:
Relationship 1, Emberflight's Personality

Main story, with the first listed being the earliest:
WIP
Last edited by Oceanfosh on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cats of the Whispering Wood - Swiftstar's Story - DNP

Postby Oceanfosh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:45 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Rise cats used
# NPC cats used
# Words

Preview wrote:Cersei is a loner, barely out in the real world herself, when after hunting she discovers another cat, a black longhaired she-cat. The feline was being chased by a fox, and she flees up a tree. Cersei attacks the fox before fleeing up the tree herself. Without really wanting it, she ends up making a new friend. The she-cat’s name is Smoke, another loner just barely out in the real world. Through games they practice multiple skills such as hunting, climbing, running, and fighting. After a little bit of growing up, Cersei meets another cat, a tom, who decides to help both Cersei and her friend, Smoke. Smoke, however, disappears not long after that. Cersei and the tom try to figure out where she had gone, but they don’t succeed. Cersei decides to track Smoke’s scent, but the furthest she could track the black she-cat was all the way to the thunderpath. Cersei waits there, staring past the monsters and waiting, clinging onto that tiny bit of hope, that Smoke would come back. One day, a twoleg catches Cersei off guard, capturing her and bringing her to its den. When a twoleg kit pulls on Cersei’s tail, she whips around and scratches it, fed up. This causes the twolegs to take her to the death-place, or the shelter. However, another twoleg takes Cersei home, where she lived for 6+ seasons. When the twolegs move, bringing their cats with them, it was stressful for the cats, but they managed. However, one day the twolegs disappear and leave the cats behind. The three kittypets split up, not seeing eachother for a few moons. During this time Cersei meets another cat which helps her set up her clan, allowing her to take the name Swiftstar.

work in progress! Preview will be removed and replaced with art after the story is written!
Last edited by Oceanfosh on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cats of the Whispering Wood - Stormface's Arrival - DNP

Postby Oceanfosh » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 Rise cats used
1 NPC cat used
563 Words

xxxxxSwiftstar padded through the forest. It was so strange, how silent the forest was. It was only so many days ago when twolegs lived in the Cats of the Whispering Wood’s camp, always finding one reason or another to shout. Of course, there was much less prey at the time, which had returned now that the twolegs have had disappeared. Swiftstar sighed and slowed from the trot she had broke into while thinking about the twolegs to a walk. She hated them, and honestly was glad they were gone, but she almost felt that she might miss them. Not that she would ever admit that, though. The lack of need to hunt, the warm den, and just maybe the company of the other two cats was what was drawing Swiftstar closer and closer to wishing she were a kittypet again. Of course, she had already scratched off her collar once she had realized she was free from the twolegs. Suddenly, Swiftstar forced her ears to stay forward when she heard a leaf crack under a cat’s paw. She continued to walk, pretending as if she couldn’t hear the cat and was unaware of its presence. Swiftstar did this so the cat following her would feel as if they could launch a surprise attack, when really it would be them who would be surprised. Taking a breath in through her nose, she parted her mouth to taste the air.
xxxxxNot long after the twolegs had disappeared, Swiftstar, named Cersei at the time, had stayed in the twoleg den with Sadie and Penny. Eventually, Sadie had left, and Cersei after that. She had checked back on Penny once, only to find the twoleg den empty. But now, Swiftstar thought she recognized the scent. The hint of twolegs, the familiar smell, the faint scent of both Cersei and Penny, along with the faint tapping of hind claws: It was Sadie. Swiftstar stopped, flicking her ear. The cat following her did too. Taking in a breath, Swiftstar spoke. “Sadie,” She said. “Why are you stalking me?” Swiftstar finished, turning around only after she finished speaking. A gray and white cat stood up from the bushes. “Did you not notice me?” Sadie asked, her voice familiar to Swiftstar’s ears. “I did,” She replied. “Now do you want to explain why you were stalking me?” She asked again. “I didn’t think I would be seeing you again, so I decided to follow.” Sadie explained, obviously leaving out many details. Swiftstar didn’t feel like asking for them. “So, Cersei, where have you been?” Sadie asked her old ‘friend’. “Swiftstar,” Swiftstar corrected. “I’ve been at the old twoleg den, forming a clan.” Preparing to turn around, she almost shouted ‘No!’ when Sadie asked the next question. “Can I join you then?” Sadie asked. Swiftstar thought for a moment. “Fine, I’ll let you pick your prefix.” She answered and waited while Sadie thought for a moment. “Hurry up,” Swiftstar said, glancing at the darkening clouds above them. Sadie followed her gaze up to the clouds and replied. “Storm.” The bicolor said, Swiftstar’s tail curling as the cat said it. “Okay, you will be named Stormface. Here, I’ll bring you to the camp.” She said, turning and trotting towards the camp before Sadie, now Stormface, could complain. Swiftstar may dislike Stormface, but she couldn’t complain about the cat having a name like that.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cats of the Whispering Wood - The Camp - DNP

Postby Oceanfosh » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:23 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 Rise cats used
0 NPC cat used
300 Words

might add art
later

xxxxxStormface lept up onto the windowsill. She enjoyed the warmth of the sun reaching through the clear material, but, looking around the camp, she felt a sort of loss. The door the twolegs had used to enter and exit the house most of the time faced west. Walking in from there, there was a clear twoleg surface on the left with silver shapes holding it up. To the right, there were multiple, spotted surfaces with clean white blocks beneath them, in some spaces glimmering silver machines had rumbled and made noises as they sat beside the silent hollow blocks. Above all the strange twoleg blocks that lay on the floor, there were more, smaller blocks that were also hollow. Turning around to see the camp better, Stormface let the sun shine down onto her back. Walk straight ahead, past the strange room full of blocks and the clear, almost floating surface, and a cat would have three options for where to go from there. They could head straight ahead and out the cat-flap, which led outside, they could instead head left, which led to two different rooms, or the cat would head right, which led to the large room and three rooms behind it. The large room had a couch, an arch, a carpet, and a fireplace, along with a window that Stormface was sitting under. Then, in the last three rooms, one was used by the leader, Swiftstar… Stormface’s thoughts faded when she thought of Swiftstar, a previous kittypet that lived with the same twolegs as the blue bicolor. “Stormface,” Swiftstar’s sharp meow silenced the quiet purr that had been forming inside of Stormface. “Go hunt.” The caliby finished, Stormface getting up with a sigh. Leaping down from the windowsill, the elder padded out of the camp to hunt.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cats of the Whispering Wood - Relationship 1 - DNP

Postby Oceanfosh » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:07 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 Rise cats used
0 NPC cat used
100 Words

xxxxxSwiftstar and Blackfoot got along very well at first. After meeting the tiny caliby in the forest, there have been quite a few times when Blackfoot has regretted mentioning a clan to the she-cat. However, while Swiftstar has a very negative attitude, Blackfoot manages to deal with it as he lives in the clan. As more and more cats are introduced, Swiftstar gets more irritated more often, and Blackfoot is finding it difficult to deal with her. Over time, Blackfoot hopes that the leader’s attitude will slowly improve, should it not then a threat could be posed to the clan.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cats of the Whispering Wood - Emberflight's Personality - DN

Postby Oceanfosh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 Rise cat used
0 NPC cat used
217 Words

xxxxxEmberflight is a very friendly cat in general. He will not miss a chance to help out when asked and enjoys it when other cats are friendly back to him. He considers every cat in the clan a friend and will generally be as kind as possible to loners that don’t seem suspicious. It isn’t uncommon for this apricot tabby to make his way into things uninvited; if you leave to go hunting, he might join you without a word spoken. Usually no matter what he is doing, Emberflight will get up and join cats when asked. While he enjoys talking with other cats, there are a few times when he would like to be alone. Because of what happened to a cat he really liked when they went searching for humans, the death of a clan member or really any cat in general is a big deal in his mind. He hates fighting and wishes to do what was asked of him, though he isn’t positive what it means. Also, since the cat died in the forest, he does his best to stay away from the trees at night. He strives to live his life to the fullest while looking forward to the one day when he can see that cat again, but in the stars.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cats of the Whispering Wood - Emberflight's History - DNP

Postby Oceanfosh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 Rise cat used
1 NPC cat used
613 Words

xxxxxEmberflight used to live in a human house beside the ocean. There were multiple other cats, too, and one very kind red mink she-cat known as Dawn was well known around the ocean-side cats. Emberflight, at the time just named Ember, had watched her help out other cats. He had wanted to talk to her, however he never really needed help, and therefore never got the chance. One day, though, something strange happened.

All the humans disappeared.

Ember was lost. Lost in his mind, knowing how to hunt but not putting that knowledge to use as he sat staring at the water. He didn’t sleep, waiting for his humans to come back home, to pet him and give him food, to let him out and welcome him back in at night. It wasn’t long after that when Dawn had approached, noticing Ember and ready to help like usual. She had caught a mouse, and their conversation was similar to this:
There were a few moments of silence, both cats staring at the silent ocean.
“Ember?” Dawn suddenly asked.
“Yea? What is it?” Ember responded.
“Do you ever wonder what’s out there?”
There was a pause.
“Yea, sometimes. But what about you? There’s endless land once you begin to walk inland right?”
“Of course,” Dawn replied immediately, then paused. “What if we went and looked for the twolegs?”
“Wh-wha?” Ember stuttered, surprised. “You sure you want to go and look with a useless cat like me?”
“No cat is useless, there is something called learning!” Dawn replied. “Come on, let’s go find them!”
xxxxxAnd so, they went on a journey to find the humans. They walked for days upon days, getting hungrier and more tired with each step. After many days of their journey, and with no signs of a present human, Dawn got sick. She got worse every day, and Ember did not know how to help her. Instead, he searched for a cat to help, but to no avail. Eventually he was sitting hopelessly beside the red mink she-cat.
“Ember…?” Dawn’s voice was weak and fragile now, unlike when she had first talked to Ember the day before the journey.
“Yes? Do I need to go hunt?” Ember replied quickly.
“No… Ember, you need to leave.” Dawn continued.
“I can’t leave you here all alone!” Ember said, panic in his voice.
“I’m holding you back. Could you… Could you keep walking? Can you find the twolegs for me? If I’m only going to die here-“ Dawn said, but Ember cut her off.
“No, Dawn! What’s the point of me going on without you? We are traveling together!”
“If you leave, you can continue the journey. You know, I’ve heard about a world up in the stars. Maybe I’d go there and follow you, so you wouldn’t be alone…”
“Do you promise?” Ember asked.
“I promise. Go fly, Ember, fly. Rise into the sky and maybe someday we can truly see each other again…”
Ember couldn’t say anything anymore. After catching a mouse and leaving it for Dawn, he left, grief filling his heart every step that took him further from the dying cat he left behind.
xxxxxEmber walked alone for days, regretting each step he took that led him further from Dawn. Eventually, he came across a human den. In hopes of finding a human, he had padded up to the building. From there, he had found and joined the cats of the Whispering Wood. He still wants to find humans but knows that trying to at the current moment would be impossible.
“Fly, Ember, fly,” Emberflight repeated Dawn’s words. “Okay,” He continued, forcing back the grief in his heart.

“I’ll fly.”
Last edited by Oceanfosh on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cats of the Whispering Wood - Tailsage is Here! - DNP

Postby Oceanfosh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5 Rise cats used
0 NPC cat used
246 Words

xxxxxSwiftstar nodded to Sage before calling out, “It is time for Sage’s naming ceremony. Sage, please follow me outside.” Sage padded outside, followed by Emberflight, Blackfoot, and Stormface. The two warriors and elder sat in a semi-circle around Sage and Swiftstar.
“Sage,” Swiftstar began, reciting the lines she and Blackfoot had come up with. “The clan and stars await your name. Do you have the prefix that you will carry for the rest of your clan life?”
Sage nodded with a smile. “Of course.”
“Then what should be the prefix of your clan name?”
“Tail.” Sage’s words startled Swiftstar.
“T-tail? Like a cat tail?” Swiftstar questioned, and Sage nodded. The caliby was at a loss for words, with little clue how to respond to that. Suddenly, completely out of ideas, she smiled back at the calico.
“Then your name shall be Tailsage. May not only the clan but the stars approve of this name.” Swiftstar bowed, stifling her laughter. The cats in a semi-circle bowed as well.
“Well, thanks! I quite like the name Tailsage.” Tailsage said, trying to stifle her own laughter. “May I ask, though, if you have any healers? If not, I do have quite a good knowledge of herbs which might be of use to you.”
“You can stop speaking like that now.” Swiftstar growled. “But, yea, you can be a medicine cat.”
“Swiftstar! What if she poisons us?!” Blackfoot said, but only got a shrug from the leader as a response.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me