[ ✦ there's a bonfire burning tonight ]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[ ✦ there's a bonfire burning tonight ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:36 pm

for when i have the time and energy to write
and so i will
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ directory ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:42 pm

quickclan things:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Last edited by eagle, on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ saved ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:42 pm

reserving in case i need the space for some other organization oof
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ quickclan 1 ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:53 pm

a dark ginger tom looked out from the lip of the high cave that he took as his own den since returning to the moorland. in his dreams, his starry friends and ancestors told him that it was time for him to take control of the cats of the moor, just as quickfoot had, and sharpstar before him. at first, the tom tried to deny what he was told through his dreams, remembering what happened with the last leader of quickclan. from the outset of when he took control of quickclan, the warriors knew that brightstar had been too timid, too meek to take control. so long as the cats of the moorland were strong-willed and expecting of a strong leader of legends, brightstar didn't stand a chance.
while redstar had never been too fond of the mottled tabby leader, he could not say that he supported the way brightstar was dragged down from his den when the clan broke apart into chaos. the leader simply didn't command a presence that gathered followers, and his deputy, wetclaw, couldn't manage to gain the support of their clanmates either. there had been many errors made, and redstar had been one of the few who sat, watched, and waited for the time to escape before the cats all killed one another.
all things considered, redstar supposed that it could be a lot worse. at least he was alive, as selfish as he sounded.
quickclan, once again, had fallen apart when internal disputes drew the warriors to violence among their own. denmates turned on denmates, apprentices turned on mentors, and the clan fell to shambles. redstar saw it coming, as many of them had, but had thought that he might have had slightly more time to gather his friends and get out with them together. instead, in the thick of the fighting, it was every cat for themselves. while he washed his paws and stared out at the dying sun, redstar couldn't help but wish for his friends. from the ever-energetic splashfall, who was a gifted hunter, to sweetecho, the cat he had fallen in love with... there were others, of course, from wolftooth, yellowfeather, and blazerush to thistlepaw and wrenstep. the cats he knew from brightstar's quickclan... he didn't even know if any of them made it out alive. he considered his long-term crush, apprentice, and the other cats he grew up alongside, and he wished that none of the violence ever came to fruition. they all saw it coming, that brightstar's leadership was sure to dissolve and cats would die, but they never expected that it would go beyond theory. they had been born into a quickclan of peace, they thought they were somehow different from all of the legends the elders spoke of, of a clan meant to break under pressure.
of course, redstar sorely hoped that his friends managed to get out of the thick of the fighting. he hoped that they were out there, somewhere, with others who survived darkclaw's attack of the camp. they all knew that darkclaw wasn't to be trusted, as he was too suave, too skilled and cunning, to be content when brightstar rose to leadership and named wetclaw as his deputy. though wetclaw had been a respected senior warrior and was regarded as a good mentor, no one thought that he would be cut out for a higher position. but brightstar made the choice that led to his and his deputy's deaths from darkclaw and his followers.
redstar supposed that they were out there somewhere, as well. they were probably commanding another area of the moorland, and the very thought made redstar want to spit. he had been separated from his friends, and to what end? starclan chose him, but he needed help and support of his own. even if it was a stranger, he needed a cat who would know how to heal in the case he was to find one of his former friends or clanmates roaming and injured from the attack.
Last edited by eagle, on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ quickclan 2 ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:54 pm

with each new cat who he happened upon, redstar was sure to question them, needing to know if any of them might have heard from any of his friends. ivystripe had been the first, saying that she was sent by starclan with a small bundle of herbs. her soft tabby pelt hung with the bitter scent of herbs, and her pelt was unmarked by any claws. redstar suspected that she had lived a generally sheltered life, perhaps even with twolegs, though she offered no clarity to her past. the most she gave was a snort when he entered her den one chilly afternoon and watched her while she sorted through her bundles of leaves. "i've never heard anything about your friends," she said then, looking at him with sympathy before she pulled a small shard of rock from between her delicate pads. from the outset, she complained about his choice of a camp, asking how he expected the caves to be safe for kits, elders, or nursing queens. when he showed her where he expected the elders and nursery to be located, branching off from a cave that had a gentle slope leading up to it, she nodded slowly and accepted it. but he did notice the way she winced in pain from the stones against her pads and the soreness in her body. "i'm not from around here. i came to you because starclan wanted me to, not because i like the taste of muscly rabbits," she stated then, flicking his shoulder with her tail.
in retaliation, he scoffed playfully. "they're tasty." whether she agreed or not, she had waved him out of her den by saying that she had herbs to sort, and that he was only to get in the way. he supposed that she would open up eventually, after she grew accustomed to the moorland and rocky camp.
after ivystripe, he happened upon tallpeak while she was flushing out a rabbit's den, looking hungry and desperate for shelter from the wind, if the battered look in her eyes was anything to judge by. "i was from a clan, once," she started during their walk back through the wind, redstar leading the way back to the camp. the molly had been originally hostile when he approached her, but she warmed up after hearing his name and taking in the broadness to his head and shoulders. "redstar?" she asked first, ears pinned back to her head but the hostility waning from her eyes. "you're a clan leader?" at the time, he had to admit that, so far, his clan was small, though she didn't seem entirely opposed to it.
"what happened to it?" redstar asked during their walk to the camp, curious about her past clan. from his first impression of tallpeak, there was no reason why she would be exiled from a clan - her voice carried evenly and sweetly, and she showed that she was a skilled warrior. clearly, tallpeak didn't look like she was from the moorland or anywhere with rivers, based on the way she hissed when they crossed one of the territory's sluggish streams and she hissed when her belly fur was soaked with the water, or when she kept her head down against the ripping wind. at one particular gust, she let out an exasperated hiss, and redstar sent her a sidelong glance. "if you want to live with us here, then you'd need to get used to the wind."
tallpeak sent him a withering glance, and redstar knew that she would push on, whether or not she ever liked the feeling of wind in her fur. "as i was saying, my old clan broke up. we split up and i haven't seen any cats since. at least, not any clans."
it was frustrating, that a warrior who had traveled so far hadn't seen any traces of his old friends, but redstar was willing to let it by for now. if anything, redstar could relate to tallpeak's sense of loneliness. it was hard to travel without any companions he could trust. the more time that passed, the more he felt sure that his friends from brightstar's quickclan hadn't survived. thistlepaw, yellowfeather, wolftooth, splashfall, sweetecho... he supposed they had probably been killed in the fighting or had moved on, away from the moorland to find a place that wasn't stained by generations of bloodspill. had starclan not called to redstar himself, odds were that he would have traveled far away as well. but it didn't soften the blow of loneliness. "my old clan was broken as well," redstar said, looking back to tallpeak, who appeared surprised. "i lead quickclan now, but the past leaders of quickclan have been weak, and i don't think starclan chose them like they picked me. this time i'm going to make sure we stick together."
tallpeak blinked at the new leader and nodded once. "for the friends we've both lost. you're a leader i could follow," she said, and redstar felt a warmth spread in his chest. "what happened to the last leader?"
it was a long story, but redstar didn't spare the details. he first told about the original quickclan and about the legendary sharpstar, then launching into quickclan under the last successful leader, fleetingstar, and how his son, wetclaw, had become deputy under brightstar. "no one thought that brightstar would be a good leader," redstar mused aloud, speaking mostly to himself. "but we hoped that he would pick a strong deputy who would follow him well and help him lead." though he didn't say it, he had always thought that it might have turned out differently is he, himself, had been chosen. "and wetclaw was fleetingstar's son, but he was almost as bad as brightstar. very meek, couldn't make decisions, and the only respect he had was because of fleetingstar." all of the cats had respected fleetingstar, as he had been one of the leaders to truly make the cats believe that they were back to the times of quickfoot and sharpstar. no one had questioned his decisions up until he made brightstar - then brightmoon - his deputy. by then, fleetingstar had been old, sick, and missing his mate and former deputy, foxspots, who had died from greencough the same leafbare he did. "brightstar had only been deputy for a few moons, and there were several cats who wanted one of the other warriors, darkclaw, to be deputy. but darkclaw was bood-thirsty, and would have led us to battles we never would have won. the moor is a wild place, and we would have been too weak under his leadership." after that, it was a simple story of how the clan finally divided into a battle. redstar had needed to fight his way out of the camp and hadn't been able to take any of his friends with him, nor did he know if any of them survived the fighting. it was a precarious situation, and he had been one of the lucky ones.

the morning after tallpeak had been settled into the large cave for the warriors, a young tom was seen wandering on the moor just above their camp, looking curious but lost. all the same, he sat there until redstar approached him with tallpeak not far behind. "you lot sleep the whole day away," the cat said when redstar asked him what he was doing, merely fixing the larger ginger tom with his bright blue eyes.
"you're on quickclan territory," tallpeak hissed, drawing herself to her full height. the molly was certainly older and larger than the tom, who looked appeared young and lithe. even though she had been in the clan for only a day, she carried herself like a warrior, suddenly proud of her new home, and redstar had no doubts that she was a fine choice for a warrior. certainly she would protect her new home as if she lived on the moor her whole life and had always been a part of quickclan, as if she had the clan's blood running through her veins.
but there was a quality to the glint in the stranger's eyes that caught redstar's attention, and he raised his tail to silence tallpeak. "you're from around here, aren't you?" he asked. he knew the wildness and cunning in the cat's gaze, as it was something he saw in all of his former friends. when matched with his lean figure and long legs, he could only guess at the cat's speed and agility. this was the type of warrior he knew he needed, just as much as he needed tallpeak. quickclan needed cats who understood the moor. surely he was no quickclan cat, but this stranger belonged with them.
"sure am, boss. the name's cyan." his blue eyes remained locked curiously on tallpeak, who bristled under the stare. with a huff of airy laughter, the tom drew one paw casually over his ears. "are you those warriors they say have been around here, recently?"
redstar pricked his ears and nodded slowly. "as tallpeak said, this is quickclan's territory. i'm redstar, the leader."
the blue eyes dilated for a fraction of a heartbeat. "if i were to ask to join, would i get a funny name, too?" cyan questioned with another laugh, ignoring the grunt from tallpeak.
redstar hummed softly, looking cyan over once more. he looked to be a cat with good humor, meaning that he would probably get along well with ivystripe, though he appeared fond of upsetting tallpeak already, which they would have to work out. it was decided that he would be allowed to join, but first, "if you can answer one question." cyan's ears pricked, prompting, and redstar continued, "the cats who have mentioned a clan, did any of them mention their names?"
the young tom smiled slyly and nodded his head once. "they had funny names like you, boss. one was named sweet-something." he must have caught something in redstar's face, and shook his head slightly. "before you asked, i'm not sure where they went, boss, but they looked pretty shook up."
redstar licked his lips carefully, allowing the realization that sweetecho might be alive to sink in. before cyan had the chance to say anything further, he flicked his tail and turned back to lead the way down the path towards the camp. "come on, cyanslash, it'd be best if i show you around now. we have work to do."
by the time they reached the camp and were headed to introduce ivystripe to their new clanmate, cyanslash spoke quickly. "boss, if you let me, i can introduce you to a few other cats i've met recently who might be interested in joining."
Last edited by eagle, on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ quickclan 3 ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:57 pm

last moon
redstar, surprisingly, found it hard to keep up with cyanslash. from his quick pawsteps when running over the moor, it was clear that he was far more comfortable with the terrain than tallpeak or ivystripe were, and redstar couldn't help but admire that about the young tom. though young and sarcastic majority of the time, it was clear that cyanslash had the makings of a strong warrior and would surely grow into the role soon enough. "cyanslash," redstar puffed, increasing his pace so that he was shoulder to shoulder with the young warrior, who appeared amused by the leader's tired state, whereas he appeared to be traveling easily.
"yeah, boss?" he asked, turned his head slightly, swift stride never breaking when he spoke. his ease carried through to his tone, which seemed to be barely winded.
redstar flicked his ear, but managed to stay in stride when the ground dipped slightly. the last thing he needed the new warrior to see was just how much he was struggling to keep up. "remind me again exactly where we're going?"
cyanslash nodded his head forward, slowing slightly when they reached one of the narrow creeks towards the edge of the moorland. "like i said, i met a few cats before i found you. i think they might be interested in joining your clan."
redstar nodded once, taking the momentary pause at the creek to halt cyanslash with a wave of his tail. thinking carefully, he dipped his head to lap up the cool and clear water. "friends of yours?" he asked. in any other circumstance, he would have been suspicious, as if he should have brought tallpeak in the case of an ambush. but he was inclined to trust his young warrior. after their first meeting, cyanslash could have killed him in his sleep, and there was no reason not to trust him.
cyanslash sniffed the air, only to shake his head in answer. "i wouldn't say that," he answered, catching redstar's questioning glance. "i'm not sure where your old friends went, but i met them with a few other cats at an old barn just over that ridge," he clarified with a sweeping gesture of his tail. sure enough, just over the slope of the ground, a dark shape was looming at a point to suggest the structure described. "a lot of cats go there for shelter when it rains. there are some mice in there and it's usually warm, away from the wind and all that. two of them said they came from clans. thought that might interest you."
"how do you know that they'll still be here?" redstar asked, unflinching when they crossed the shallow stream.
the glint in cyanslash's blue eyes told him the answer, but the younger warrior grinned happily. "i don't. but it's worth a shot, boss, don't you think?" he thought of ivystripe and tallpeak back at camp, and knew the younger tom was right. they needed the numbers if they were to be a true clan, as starclan intended for them.
they had barely made it over the crest of the hill when a voice called out, and cyanslash's ears pricked. "is that cyan? i thought we got rid of him over a moon ago," the voice shouted, and cyan let out a playful hiss and nodded to redstar.
the tom who spoke approached, his thick and sandy colored pelt rippling under lean muscle. while not as small as cyanslash, he appeared young and energetic. cyanslash glanced from redstar to the other tom, and flicked his ears. "allow me to introduce falconflight. met him a few moons ago, and he's been a pain ever since. falconflight, i'd like you to meet redstar."
redstar opened his mouth to speak, but falconflight beat him to it, stepping up further to get a better look. "redstar?" he asked. the quizzical expression replaced his playful one, and he glanced to cyanslash. "you said you were going to try and find the leader on the moor, but we didn't believe you would find anything..." when he trailed off, redstar couldn't help but notice the way his whiskers trembled. "you should come. blizzardrush needs to see you for himself."
falconflight led the way up to the barn, with redstar and cyanslash in tow. "i thought you said the clan on the moor fell apart," he said, directing it to cyanslash, who merely shrugged. "i wouldn't have taken you to join a clan." the cats squeezed through a gap in the barn's outer wall. inside, the space was still, but falconflight didn't hesitate to launch himself up into the higher levels. "blizzardrush, c'mon, i have someone to show you."
"i was sleeping, falconflight, can't it wait?" a white shape shifted, and cyanslash motioned for redstar to wait while he followed up the ladder. with a hiss, the young warrior pounced on the stranger's white form, who redstar could only assume was the so-called blizzardrush. "cyan!" the white tom cried, and in a shower of hay from above, redstar could only watch the white tom sit up, his fur fluffed out while cyanslash and falconflight laughed.
"didn't you miss me, you lump? besides, it's cyanslash now." the youngest said, his chest puffing out proudly.
blizzardrush's eyes darted down, suddenly aware of the newcomer. "you found the leader you were talking about?" he looked from redstar to falconflight, then back to cyanslash, who nodded.
at last, redstar stood and shook out his rich red pelt. "my name is redstar. cyanslash mentioned you as his friends and that you might be interested in joining our clan."
by the time they returned to camp, two new warriors were making their nests in the warriors' cave.

and the clan only grew further. another warrior, duskflower, happened upon a patrol while she was with her daughter. patchpaw was given to tallpeak to train, seeing as blizzardrush and falconflight were still growing accustomed to the territory, and cyanslash was still inexperienced in comparison to tallpeak. the pair of mollies seemed pleased with one another's company as well, contrasting cyanslash and his friends.
from where he watched the clan gathering together at the base of the camp for organizing patrols among themselves, redstar was only faintly aware of ivystripe coming up behind him. the medicine cat had taken to flitting from their clanmates, and spoke fondly of each of them. "someone is thinking particularly hard this morning." she said, flicking his flank with her tail.
redstar rolled his eyes but nodded once, curtly. "just... they make me think of my old apprentice and friends." when ivystripe nodded, prompting him further, redstar sighed heavily. "so positive and energetic. so full of life." back in the old quickclan, redstar had been given his first apprentice when most of the clan had been ill, running sick with greencough, but thistlepaw had been a ceaseless bundle of energy, always bustling around and eager to learn. it had taken moons to temper it so that he wouldn't scare away prey, but it gave him the speed to chase down the fastest rabbits. in the beginning, redstar had needed to call on one of his friends, also a young warrior at the time and one of the other few who wasn't sick at the time. splashfall had been one of the fastest cats in the clan and his energy match thistlepaw's well. redstar sighed softly, remember all of the times he and his friends had taken off on a hunting trip across the moor, and he missed those he knew so well. his current clan was already growing well, though it was not the same.
"don't despair. fate is a funny thing," ivystripe purred when she began to pad away, down the trail towards their warriors.
later on, when redstar and blizzardrush ventured out into the moor for a patrol, an earthy scent carried on the breeze. redstar stopped dead in his tracks, recalling his conversation with ivystripe. it couldn't be. but he knew the scent and, sure enough, a white and tabby shape appeared some distance away, chasing a lithe rabbit. there was no mistaking splashfall. without waiting for blizzardrush, redstar darted forward and called out his old friend's name.
splashfall, sure enough, stopped dead in his tracks and forgot about the rabbit. absolute joy passed over his face and he redirected, lopping across the open stretch of ground until he could touch his nose to redstar's. "redthorn! i've been looking everywhere for you!" questions flooded through redstar's mind instantly. how had he known he was still alive? did he know where any of the others were? but splashfall was as eager as ever and didn't hesitate to begin filling in the blanks. "i was visited by starclan. they said you started a new clan, and that i needed to find you."
it made sense - redstar had requested a new clanmate from starclan. somehow, they managed to send one of his close friends to him. it was more than he ever could have hoped, especially when splashfall appeared to be unharmed after darkclaw's attack. "i'm redstar now," he answered shortly, nodding to blizzardrush when splashfall's eyes widened in shock. "blizzardrush, this is splashfall. he'll be joining us."

this moon
just as expected, splashfall was accepted in the group of young tom warriors, his energy meshing well with falconflight and cyanslash, especially. the cats settled easily into a routine. while tallpeak and patchpaw were out training and ivystripe was looking for herbs to keep her supplies stocked, redstar and blizzardrush patrolled. it was clear to see that blizzardrush was the quiet one from the group from the barn, subdued while his friends were constantly chattering and carrying on. it was easier to take him on patrol alone, where they could work efficiently while the faster warriors went hunting.
more often than not, redstar was sure to send duskflower out with falconflight, cyanslash, and splashfall, both because she was a good hunter and could keep up with their speed, but also because he trusted her calm nature to bring the toms back down to the ground and focused on the task at hand. the group was skilled and fast when hunting, but would fare better with duskflower's level head to make sure that they remembered how important hunting was for the rest of the clan. more than once, the patrol came back with competition lighting their eyes while they compared prey. at the very least, he trusted that duskflower would keep the younger warriors from getting into too much trouble while hunting. the running would do them good by expending some of their energy, and the competition didn't seem to do any harm.
"you seem distracted," blizzardrush said while they padded along the border, and redstar blinked rapidly. the white tom shot his leader a curious look, but didn't press. in contrast to his friends, blizzardrush was usually calm. more than once, he saw ivystripe questioning the white warrior as to how he managed to survive their whirlwind. each time, without fail, he shrugged and brushed off the questioning. "they're not so bad," he said at one point, while the rest of them watched cyanslash and falconflight tussled playfully. at least he had the decency to look bashful. "i blame cyanslash most of the time. falconflight wasn't so bad when we were in the barn without him." the trio had been friends for several moons before cyanslash went off to look for the leader on the moor. at the time the others called him crazy, saying that he finally lost his mind. unlike falconflight and blizzardrush, who found their way to the barn based on chance and cyanslash's generosity to let them in, cyanslash grew up on the moor until he was the only member of his family left. the barn had been the tom's home. blizzardrush and falconflight had both been from different clans, and cyanslash led them both to the barn when they first arrived on the moorland, buffeted and looking for shelter. the young tom was helpful, whether or not he was an energetic nuisance besides.
"i've just been thinking..." redstar answered, not missing the way blizzardrush's whiskers quivered. maybe he wasn't so far-removed from his friends, after all. then it occurred to him. maybe blizzardrush knew something about sweetecho. "actually, did you meet other clan cats before you went to the barn? cyanslash said he met a cat who i think i used to know."
"it's possible," blizzardrush allowed with a slight nod. "it seemed that he knew everyone who passed on the moor. not anymore, since he likes chasing rabbits with falconflight more, and he only has eyes for falconflight, but... it wouldn't surprise me." redstar hesitated, momentarily perplexed by the words about cyanslash and falconflight. however, he brushed it off. "but i didn't get to travel around much before he helped me out and i met falconflight. after that, we just kinda hung out in the barn. i didn't meet anyone from the old quickclan, if that's who you're talking about." the warrior paused, and redstar knew he wasn't done talking yet, even though his own heart sank, let down again. it was just another dead-end. "have you tried asking starclan? they sent splashfall to you. they must know about your other friends." and that, redstar decided, was possibly one of the best ideas he ever heard.
Last edited by eagle, on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ quickclan 4 ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:12 pm

"who's the father?" duskflower looked up from washing her paws to see the new queen, sunnywhisker, smiling down at her. the molly flicked her ears, and duskflower followed the gesture to where patchpaw was speaking excitedly to cyanslash. the young tom seemed encouraging, and when he cuffed her ear, the clan's only apprentice jumped to her paws and chased after him in retaliation. from across the clearing, the pair of mollies couldn't hear what the younger members of the clan were saying, but sunnywhisker's amused purr was contagious when the queen sat down. together, for a moment, they watched cyanslash look over his shoulder and bowl directly into falconflight. patchpaw's laugh echoed the clearing at the base of the dens, and redstar's ginger pelt was visible high above, at the crest of the caverns.
it was only when sunnywhisker spoke again that duskflower remembered her initial question. "is it blizzardrush or redstar?" she asked, only for duskflower to let out her own purr.
"he was a rouge, got hit by a twoleg monster before patchpaw was born." she thought of everything that had happened since. how she thought she was going to join starclan with her newborn kit after jace had been killed. for a moment, she closed her eyes and blocked out the increasingly familiar and warm sights of the camp around her. when she opened her eyes again, sunnywhisker's gaze was soft and sympathetic.
the queen nuzzled duskflower's shoulder gently. "my mate left me. he was a stuck up kittypet, said he was done with dirty loners after a new molly moved in next door. a pretty silver tabby nonetheless." duskflower couldn't help but look at sunnywhisker's patchy fur, the way it stuck out in strange ways. she could only imagine what it had felt like, her mate leaving for a kitty with a sleeker pelt and a plump belly. it seemed a miracle that sunnywhisker had been allowed into the clan. from the outset, redstar seemed assured that they would only accept the strong cats into their clan, and sunnywhisker was small and looked half-starved. whatever it was, perhaps their leader noticed something special in her. or pitied the soon to be queen. or just wanted to the kits to feed the lifeblood of the clan.
further down in the clearing, patchpaw looked small in comparison to the leaner and more experienced warriors. admittedly, duskflower and her daughter had only lived with the clan for a short time, but it seemed like only a day earlier patchpaw was a small scrap of fur at her belly. from that moment forward, she promised herself that no harm would ever come to her beloved daughter, who did not deserve to see the horrors of the world. duskflower spent her early life wandering through grimy cities and struggling to find food that twolegs threw on the hardened paths from out of their monsters. jace saved duskflower from giving up more than once, after they met one lonely evening. he would have been a good father, duskflower knew, and he would have adored patchpaw, who looked so much like him.
"what do you think of the toms here?" sunnywhisker asked, eyes wide. she settled down next to duskflower, who shrugged slightly, unable to keep her eyes from drifting to the slight bulge in the smaller queen's belly. hopefully the unborn kits would never know what their mothers had to go through to bring them to better and safer places such as this. "do you think any of them are handsome?" sunnywhisker prompted further, and duskflower hummed.
"i think that cyanslash thinks that falconflight is handsome," duskflower mused. the warriors had begun to tussle after cyanslash knocked into falconflight, though it was clear to see the gentle way they handled one another, like one might break if pushed too hard. all the same, their hardened muscles showed quite the opposite. duskflower heard only bits of pieces of falconflight's life in another clan of cats, of how cyanslash grew up on the moorland and spent his early moons living in a barn. even if they did not have to struggle as duskflower did, they were not weak cats.
despite the joke, it seemed that sunnyflower had something else in mind, and she cocked her head to one side. "i think redstar is quite handsome," she murmured.
"he thinks himself handsome as well," a third voice broke in, and both sunnywhisker and duskflower turned to greet ivystripe. the pretty medicine cat padded up to them and claimed the space on sunnywhisker's opposite side.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ quickclan 5 ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:57 pm

we have work to do, here... rookwatcher looked out from the crest of the camp's highest landing above the dens. further down, he could see the warriors gathered around their new deputy. tumblejaw from where rookwatcher stared down at the new deputy, his whiskers twitching, he could see that starclan must have been busy, and picked the first cat they saw to send at the new deputy. from his paws to the tip of his tail, tumblejaw looked overwhelmed and horrendously unprepared for the duty, let alone for dealing with cyanslash and his friends. that group, rookwatcher knew, was a big issue that would need to be dealt with as soon as possible. if they weren't good hunters, then he would have already found a way for cyanslash and falconflight in particular to fall from the warriors' den, though for now he supposed that he would have to bide his time.
perhaps if redstar wasn't so busy mourning his old clan, the lost quickclan, then maybe he would have the time to be a better leader, rookwatcher supposed. there was no missing the way redstar spent most of his time with ivystripe, asking if she had been granted any signs from starclan and, frankly, it was a poor show. the only cats rookwatcher had any true respect for was duskflower and tallpeak, who had managed to not ruffle his fur just yet. his ears pricked when, down below, cyanslash and falconflight began to pick their way up the path that would lead them past rookwatcher and onto the moorland.
meanwhile, sunnywhisker emerged from the nursery and brushed her way through the warriors, head angled as if looking for something. rookwatcher's lip curled, and he turned his head away angrily, about to march off onto the moor to hunt for himself, because tumblejaw was too busy figuring out a dawn patrol to be of any true use. instead, he found himself face-to-face with ivystripe, who was watching him curiously. "ivystripe?" he asked, suddenly aware that she must have been there for some, judging by the way she was seated. since she was downwind and he was focused on the rest of the clan, he hadn't been aware that the medicine cat was watching him with a measuring gaze.
her eyes scanned his pelt once more before she rose, nodding amicably to cyanslash and falconflight who passed at the same time. her eyes hardened when she looked at rookwatcher, and his pelt prickled. "tumblejaw was looking for you, and i said i would send you his way if i crossed you. i have, so you should go to your deputy," she suggested, her tone calm.
"right, i was just going down to join the warriors," he answered, catching her acknowledging hum. when the medicine cat tilted her head, rookwatcher narrowed his eyes slightly, but stood and began to pick his way down the path. when he glanced back, she was still watching him from where he had been sitting moments earlier.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ quickclan 6 ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:57 pm

blank
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✦ quickclan 7 ]

Postby eagle, » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:58 pm

after ivystripe left the nursery, feeling secure that the kits were all healthy and would be safe with their mother, she allowed the queens to rest and so that she could visit redstar and give him the good news. just as she began to pad up the trail, the sound of her name from the base of the camp gave her pause and reason to turn around, ears pricked and eyes wide. before she had much of a chance to react, cyanslash, falconflight, and nightfall bounded up the path in her direction. with a good-natured roll of her eyes, she set down her bundle of herbs to greet the young warriors. "i thought you lot would be out chasing rabbits," she teased in lieu of greeting when they came to a stop before her. since his arrival several moons earlier, nightfall had taken up well with cyanslash's small group, including blizzardrush and splashfall. on more than one occasion, she saw the fatigue in snakespots and duskflower, and was able to deduce that the new introduction to the group meant that nightfall was able to keep up with his new friends on the moorland.
"how is sunnywhisker?" falconflight asked, and ivystripe noticed the way that the tom's pelt brushed against cyanslash's. as far as the entire clan knew, the two toms were completely inseparable, beyond mere friendship. it would make sense that they would be curious to see sunnywhisker and her newborn kits.
ivystripe flicked her tail, catching sight of tumblejaw further down the camp with berrypaw, the pair likely about to go out for training. her time was running out to speak to him until later that evening. "she's tired and duskflower is with her and the kits. if you're not as destructive as normal," she paused, shooting cyanslash a pointed look, to which she received a playful hiss, "then the queens might let you get a peek." without warning, the trio of young warriors brushed past her to go to the nursery. "just be nice to piperskip!" she called after them, receiving only a wave of falconflight's tail, and she sent a quick prayer to starclan that falconflight would be able to keep his sweetheart and friend in line around the newborn kits.
without waiting any further, she head down the path towards her den and tumblejaw, deciding that redstar could wait a moment longer. as expected, tumblejaw met her at the bottom of the path, taking half of the bundle from her to help her carry it to his den. when they were inside, he touched his nose to her's in greeting. "sunnywhisker and patchpaw?" he asked, his pale green eyes shining brightly even in the dimness of her den.
"patchpaw should heal well. she's young, and her pride got the better of her. and sunnywhisker and her three kits are just as well, she'll be a great mother," she answered with a smile, putting her herbs away.
she could hear tumblejaw's hum of approval, though her sorting stopped momentarily when he spoke again, "sometimes it feels like you're a mother to the clan, ivystripe. i think you would make a great mother." immediately, ivystripe turned and saw the realization cross his face. he ducked his head to lap at his rising chest fur, mumbling about needing to get berrypaw, before he bolted from the den, leaving ivystripe to finish sorting her herbs in silence.

when ivystripe came to tell him that sunnywhisker had given birth to three healthy kits, the clan's leader had been quick to make his way down from his den to see the queens. outside, the sun was shining brightly over the moor, but the interior of the nursery was dark, and it took his eyes a moment to adjust to see where sunnywhisker appeared to be dozing while two of her kits nursed at her belly. further in, cyanslash and falconflight were grooming a small tom kit's curly fur. "he looks like he'll be a warrior soon enough, at that rate," redstar announced lightly from the nursery's entrance, his chest light with pride at the newest members of the clan. the pair of warriors looked up and greeted their leader quietly, and redstar momentarily found himself taken aback, wondering if he had ever heard cyanslash or falconflight whisper.
sunnywhisker rose her head sleepily, and redstar padded to her side, passing where aspenwish and nightfall were talking quietly, and where piperskip was grooming her swollen flank, though her eyes flashed warily in the darkness. "they're beautiful, sunnywhiser. what are their names?"
the queen looked down at her kits proudly, and then nodded to the one sleeping soundly while the warriors groomed him. "that one is sproutkit," she said, "and this is mintkit, and cherrykit," she finished, touching his tail to either kit's head at their names. redstar purred gently, sitting down to watch them for a long moment while the kits nursed at their mother's belly. at last, sunnywhisker spoke again, raising her gaze to meet redstar's, "thank you for coming to see them, redstar." the leader drew his tongue gently between sunnywhisker's ears, offering her an affectionate smile.
"of course, sunnywhisker."
some time later, he left the nursery just as the sun began to slip below the horizon, and redstar found tumblejaw speaking to snakespots and tallpeak about patrols. the trio looked up when redstar approached, though redstar directed majority of his attention to tumblejaw. "i'm going to the moonpool, tonight," he said, to which tumblejaw smiled and bid him luck with starclan.
since the arrival of the new queens into the clan, redstar found himself refocusing on sweetecho again. since brightstar's quickclan was disbanded and splashfall found his way to them, he had tried to forget sweetecho time and time again. but he had loved her so fully, and needed to know if there was even a chance that she was still alive, out there, somewhere.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me