( ── ⊱ ❝ a painting with notes scrawled on its backside. )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

visitor count c:

oh hello!
48%
oh hello!
29%
oh hello!
23%

Total votes : 62

( ── ⊱ ❝ xcix. )

Postby khaliset » Sat May 23, 2020 4:24 pm

the eyes may be the windows to the soul, but what happens if yours happen to be coated with a thin sheet of aluminum? what happens if your windows become mirrors? do you sit in the dark, light from the surface blocked out by the flimsy, paper-thin metal? does the mirror seal off the soul, preventing ventilation, allowing it to suffocate - or worse, does the rot set in with insufficient light and air flow? does having a candle remedy the dark enough to not need to break the mirror?

must i manually scrape off the metal, jumping up to reach the offending reflection? i put it in place without realising what i'd done, but surely i can remove it, even if it is painstaking? right?

right?
khaliset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ── ⊱ ❝ c. )

Postby khaliset » Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 am

agitation brims behind his tongue, filling up the space in the very top of the throat. there's no need for this agitation, but nonetheless, it's there. is it frustration with past performances? past effort? is it the weighing deadlines of a fast-paced class that seems to be ongoing since the fall? or could it be exhaustion of some sort, whether it be just physical or mental.

the gravel crunches beneath his feet, the sound diminishing with the downpour, and he revels in the feeling of grains shifting beneath his feet. someday, he promises himself. someday he, too, will find a way to balance life out like his weight distributes along the drenched gravel.

i just hope he doesn't begin feeling the agitation strengthening - the chokehold is something i'm familiar with. it is self destructive, but difficult to cure.
khaliset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me