"As opposite as the sun and moon" Viscet Tryout/DNP!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

"As opposite as the sun and moon" Viscet Tryout/DNP!

Postby Gadgetrocks » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:31 am

(Back to Yang)

"Yin and yang represent two opposite aspects of every object and its implicit conflict and interdependence. Generally, anything that is moving, ascending, bright, progressing, hyperactive, pertains to yang. The characteristics of stillness, descending, darkness, degeneration, hypoactivity, pertain to yin."
From the Yin and Yang theory

Gadgetsrocks; Partner, Animal345 X
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 am, edited 10 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Curio

Postby Gadgetrocks » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:56 pm

"Hi, my is name Curio, and over there? My sister, Blade. I'll give you some info about me. As you already know, my name is Curio. I'm male, and don't really have an age, as I am immortal. I bring life to this world while my sister brings death, interesting jobs, right?
If I had five words to describe myself, I'd say I'm rather charming, funny, dramatic, kindhearted, and, of course, handsome. I don't really have a specific place I stay in most of the time. I don't live in the cloud realm due to all those pink viscets fangirl and fanboying all over me, because they love the god of life. I don't live on earth, because that would be dangerous, and I don't live in the underworld with my sister because its dark down there, very, very dark. I mainly stay in a place above the cloud realm, I'll just call it Limbo. If a viscet dies without Blade's "assistance" it comes up here intill she brings it back down. I have a small castle up here, nothing too fancy, not at all like the kings and queens down on earth, but good enough for me. I don't vist my sister that often, even though I really should, I quess all thats really stopping us from visiting is sibling rivalry. She does come up here to get the souls in Limbo, but one gets up here about every three years, and she gets them pretty fast, so not much visitation happens."
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:57 am, edited 15 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

In the Beginning...

Postby Gadgetrocks » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:18 pm

In the beginning there was no time, no life or death, no yin, no yang, no Curio, no Blade. But then it changed. The universe shifted, it awakening, being lonely. The universe has no gender, no name, but it still had longing. All it had was a swath of barren planets and magic thrumming throughout it. The universe made its children. One a striking white male, the other a shadowy black female. They looked after the other creatures Universe put there, the other viscets, the other plants, animals. In the beginning, no one died. This world was happy intill food became sparce for these immortals, never dying but still being able to feel the pangs of hunger, the stings of pain. Something needed to be done.
"Come here, my children." Universe called, and the children obeyed.
"Both of you must take care of this world, one of you to life, the other to death. I'll let you decide that among yourselves." The two decided, white to life, black to death. All they needed were names. Blade may have named herself after her preferred weapon, but Curio got his name in a more interesting way. The first time he had a fight with his sister about life and death was with an old man. Blade deemed him old enough to die while Curio thought he should live longer, find his relatives again, live life a little better. Blade tried to get him in his sleep. By the time Curio was there, the man was nearly dead, his life a faint pulse of winter's blue. Curio brought life back to him, the pulse growing more study the blue growing solid. In the mans half sleep dazed state he gave Curio a gift. It was an old leather book, spine cracked, pages worn, the original title worn off. It was a book of magic. On it's soft pages were spells of all kinds but on one page, a page about healing, it talked about life forces. Here, tucked under this page was an old bookmark, one word printed on it, "Curio." As the old man fell back asleep, to live another day, a white viscet phased out of our world, but this time, with a name.
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

King of Life, Queen of Death

Postby Gadgetrocks » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 pm

From Princess Mononoke, that movie is so good!

In Chinese philosophy, the masculine or positive principle (characterized by light, warmth, activity, etc.) of the two opposing cosmic forces into which creative energy divides and whose fusion in physical matter brings the phenomenal world into being.

(From the Yin and Yang Wiki page)

"I know Blade isn't the fondest of me, as us being opposites, but our powers work in unison, life to death, death to life."
Curio's power works in simple way, all he needs to do is to release life forces into something. He can feel all the life forces around him, and draws a little of his life force into every other being. This can come with sideaffects. Never to him, as he is immortal, but the the viscet who is born. Once in a thousand years or so, a viscet is born with the ability to see life forces. Sometimes, he mentors them, never revealing his godly state, but instead pretending to be some wise magician. Sometimes, these viscets slip through the cracks, but so far, none have become evil.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🕤Circles of Time🕥

Postby Gadgetrocks » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am

There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracks. They fear the future, mistrust the present, and invoke the security of a comfortable past which, in fact, never existed.
~ Robert Kennedy

"Time keeps moving, flowing. Viscets die, viscets are born. No one can stop the flow of time. But some must try."

Curio walked into the castle. The marble stones clicked against his claws, the air still, icy. Guards stood on their posts, shining armor covering and hiding the viscet inside. If Curio was suspicious he showed no mind, just striding right up into the castle. He had never visted this king before, but apparently he had a wish for Curio, something about blessing his newborn niece. As Curio entered the throne room, all he could see was the king, a black cloak shrouding his body, a band of gold upon his head, and grey paws clutching the thrones eves.
"Welcome, God of Life." The kings ringing voice echoed in the hall.
Curio bowed, "What would you like for me, king?" The king paused. The door was now closed, the room watched by ten guards.
"Your power." The kings voice rang like dropping a steel sword on a granite floor. Curio backed up trying to get out, but the guards were on him, pinning him to the cold, marble floor. Normally Curio could have used his powers to escape, but when he called for them, all he got was a feeling like icy water or wind rushing through his veins. He tried to scramble up, but the guards pushed him down again, his eye sight leveled at the floor. As the guards held Curio's paws behind his back, one with a paw over Curio's mouth, the king approached, his hood falling off. The viscet their was notorious for capturing spirits and gods, Curio should have know better. The king dropped a silver necklace over Curio's head, a white gem imbedded in the center.
"Your mine, God of Life." The king said, looming over Curio. One of the guards, who was not holding Curio down, came over with what looked like a bag of crushed flowers.
"Poppies," The king sneered, "So you can sleep." Curio tried to wriggle away from the guards, but their were too many of them. The one with the crushed poppies took a handful of the red powdered petals and threw them at Curio's face. Curio twitched, his paws falling slack, his body going limp.
"You... demon..." Was all Curio could get out before his mouth stopped working and he slumped to the ground, unconscious.
"This will work just fine," The king said, glaring down at the unconscious God laying at his feet, "With the power of life, I will live forever, now to deal with death."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♦Winter♦

Postby Gadgetrocks » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:41 am

The king liked the feeling of the necklace around his neck. It felt like power. The glassy white stone now showed what appeared and he wished it to "appear" as Curio, god of life.

It was Curio. The king had dreamed of something like this all his life. The power to live forever, to give life. The king walked through the village, but then her heard the mother talk.
"Where's Curio? Its been three weeks! Viscets eggs are supposed to hatch in two weeks, he's been a little late before, but never this late!"
The king just strode up to her, putting a paw on the egg, a crack appeared, a small viscetling paw poking out. The mother stared open mouthed at the king.
"I quess Curio's slacking off on his job. But, I'll do it for him." The mother glaced at the necklace.
"A token of my gratitude for our great god of life, in no way is it magical, I've practiced to obtain this power."

Soon signs were strung everywhere; "Take your two week old eggs to the king to have them hatched!"
As he sent away family with their newborn child, he smirked, he'd conquered life, now all he needed to to was to conquer death. White snow flew past the windows, even though winter was supposed to be over. The king grabbed another necklace, this one a glossed black and called for his messenger to send a message to Blade.
"I want to see her."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fogged Glass

Postby Gadgetrocks » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 am

The first thing Curio thought when he gained consciousness was, "I made a mistake. I very big, very bad mistake." He stood up, and to his surprise, was not in a dungeon, and not chained or even tied to anything. Then he looked around. It was a small room, three of the four walls a foggy white crystal, the forth a very blurry glass. As he looked out through this window, he could see the blurry shapes of what appeared to be very large objects. Curio felt the floor tilt beneath him, as if he was moving as he stood there, then he understood.
"An inter-dimensional chamber spell. This is very, very bad." Curio recalled back his childhood, when he used to cast very messy versions of spells like these to hide stuff from Blade. These spells were simple, making a room in another dimension, separate from any other dimension, that worked as a storage room. These spells were only breakable from the outside, usually only reversible by the spell caster, meaning whatever, or whoever in this case, was inside couldn't escape without the spell caster letting them out.
"Blade is a goddess," Curio reminded himself, "She may not like me too much, but she'll help her brother, right? I hope she has the power to get me out..." Then the pain came, it felt like spikes of ice driving through his body, a cold, piercing pain. As he fell to the floor in agony, he was able to see out the blurry window, at the king placing a paw on an egg, it cracking and a little viscetling tumbling out.
"He's using my power." Curio though, as he stood up small pains still lacing throughout his viens. Curio needed to escape.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Siege!

Postby Gadgetrocks » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm

"Have fun storming the castle! "
~Miracle Max, The Princess Bride

Raspberry stood, stoic, her face showing no emotion as the snow whirled down, illuminating her fur against the stark landscape. Despite her face showing none, inside she was swirling with emotions, doubts. Blade had called for the cupids to be archers, using real arrows, unlike the ones Raspberry normally used, the ones that spread love and joy. These arrows, flint tips sharp, were ment to kill. Raspberry saw Juno next to her, a little worry on his face as well. Knowing he was going into this with her, she let out a little breath. She'd win this.

Curio paced. He could feel the king siphoning his energy,
and not the life giving kind, the kind that could injure. The king was preparing for war. Through the white glass of his prison he thought he saw a flash of pink and red out the snow covered windows, but the king didn't move,
so he apparently didn't care about the oddly colored blobs falling through the trees. Curio felt the way a soul must feel when Blade came for them, trapped, no way to escape, to change fate. Curio's energy was draining fast. He sat on the floor, breathing deep calling for his power to slow, or, to possibly stop falling into the palms of this evil viscet, the one who'd stolen life. Gazing out through the glass, Curio wished, and more importantly, waited.

Everyone knew the siege was coming. No matter what continent, or forgotten archipelago you lived on, no matter what language you spoke, what species you were. You knew. All but the king.

In a far off land, Aulelio, who knew nothing of magic, kings, or gods, stood up abruptly, the little kids petting him now dwarfed by his huge full height. The children looked up tobsee what the large viscet was staring at. Far above the earth, stormy clouds incircled the blinding sun, and odder enough, the faint moon, a star, and a couple cumulus clouds floated nearby.

Closer by, in a ruined castle, Queen Midas bowed in the rubble, wishing for her sister, who she presumed dead, a happy afterlife, something she had rarely done for for anyone. If anyone had seen, Queen Midas had picked a lavender flower from a nearby bush and placed it on top of the rubble. "Adona, I'd never admit it to anyone, but I miss you."

Tea nearly collapsed due to what her mind was putting her through. Gauzy grey filled her field of vision, and she saw all. Curio falling into a trap, Blades annoyance, the servants puzzle. She saw the viscets in the clouds creating snow, and of course, how the battle ended.

Curio was worried. He saw his sister go flying, the king expelling massive amounts of Curio's own energy at her. Curio and Blade were always in perfect harmony, if they fought, they could hurt each other, but not severely. Curio hissed. "Stop being weak sister, I know you can dp better than that! I believe you can!"
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘