CONTENTS

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

CONTENTS

Postby deerbroken » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Last edited by deerbroken on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ABOUT

Postby deerbroken » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:30 pm

playlist wrote:
✧💀✧

------

Name: xylona.

Meaning: lives in the forest // loves the forest.

Origin: greek.

Interests: candle making, the occult, demonology, taxidermy, tea leaf reading.

Personality: superstitious, standoffish, humble, suspicious, troubled.

Likes: lavender, black, fall and winter, forests, the moon, constellations, reading, small mammals, and heartfelt soliloquies.

Dislikes: lying, violence, rust, harsh lighting, deserts, abandoned buildings, and ghosts.
Last edited by deerbroken on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 20 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

HORNS

Postby deerbroken » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:30 pm

Xylona wrote:He took my horns, so I took his head.

[Art by the lovely It's Tuesday Again.]

------

The forest fell silent as she approached the vast wasteland known as the battleground. The air felt heavy, weighing her down as she took slow steps through the thinning grass, watching her footing so as not to give up my position from the rustling of the vegetation and the shifting of the sand. As the opposing Kalon raised his head in the distance in the midst of the desert's ruins, she knew her time had come. This is it.

This stranger had been mentioned time and time again-- wanted posters hung all over the small village near her home in the depths of the forest, offering a reward for the kalon. He had to be alive, of course. Many trials awaited him at their goverment's court, in the capital city, Mercurio. He had robbed countless individuals, including those she knew who lived beyond the forest. He left the village she frequently visited unable to support itself, an impoverished ruin of what it once was. Businesses had to close their doors, families couldn't supply bread for their dinners, houses had to be abandoned to avoid taxation from the capital. This behavior was inexcusable. He had to be punished. The villain in question held great strength for a kalon of his size, however, and as a result, none had yet been able to oppose him, let alone defeat him and take him to the sheriff's steps. None except Xylona. She would defeat him. She had to defeat him.

She soon came upon the entry of the ruins, clouds of dust rising from the wind in the night air. Her eyes narrowed as she raised her head, arched her shoulders, and spoke to her opponent.

"You've left my home as barren as this desert. Come quietly with me now to the capital, or face me in battle."

The kalon laughed at her, sauntering closer with his claws outstretched. He knew that he had the upper hand, that he would defeat her just like the others who had tried to take him down. His tail swished behind him in the sand, and he bared his teeth as he pounced on Xylona, claws going for her face. She retorted with her horns, lunging into him and forcing him to the ground. The two wrestled for dominance, paws flying and blows being exchanged. Sand and fur alike flew into the air, the opposing kalon finally pinning the demonic warrior to her back. With a disturbing grin, the kalon gripped her horns, twisting her head harshly until the growths broke from her head, Xylona yowling in pain. Her feet kicked into his stomach, and with the other fighter caught off guard she took the lead. Now without her horns, she instead used her teeth, adrenaline and anger fueling her as she berated her opponent, the opposing kalon only barely managing to push her from him. Their fight went on for what seemed like hours, leaving the two of them wounded and heavy of breath. Xylona collected the last of her strength and crouched to attack him once more, but the kalon's ears suddenly went flat, a low hissing coming from between his teeth as he lowered his head in defeat.

"I concede."

She... She did it. She'd beaten the villain who ruined her homeland, along with so many others. Panting and astounded by her victory, she soon bound his paws with rope and marched him through the desert, past her forest and village, and onto the road that lead to the hold of the capital. Stone walls rose high above the ground as they approached, a wooden gate and two kalons guarding the entrance.

"What business do you have in Mercurio?" The first guard asked, eyes wary of Xylona. She stood to the side rather than speak, showing the two of them the defeated thief in his bindings. They both raised their brows, shared a long look, and nodded before opening the gate.

"I'll take care of getting him to the sheriff. Follow Alceus to claim your reward." The first guard took lead of the villain, disappearing deeper into the capital's streets. The remaining guard motioned her forward, leading her to the government's building. He left her at the doors, leaving the hornless kalon alone in the city. She took a deep breath in the cool morning air, eyes closing. Her legs trembled softly, the pain becoming more searing where her horns had been removed. She placed a paw to the tender spot upon her head, wincing at the pain. She had won a great battle today, but at a terrible price. Would they grow back? Time would only tell, but a part of her knew that it would be unlikely to see the growths sprout once more from her head.
Last edited by deerbroken on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

APPEARANCE

Postby deerbroken » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm

------

Hair: long, red, well groomed, incredibly soft.
Eyes: slit pupils, deep red irises, black sclera, piercing gaze.
Headdress: bleached and painted skull, crow's feathers, red fabric shaped into rose petals.
Coat: deep black, highlights and tints of gray.
Last edited by deerbroken on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

HEADDRESS

------

Meaning: Xylona's interest in taxidermy and the occult lead her to using an animal skull for her new headdress to replace her horns. Using dark paints and crow feathers to adorn the skull, she took careful time creating a piece that would be as intimidating as the former growths on her head. The roses placed on either side share similar colors to her old horns, and add beauty to the headgear. The crow's feathers and skull are meant to symbolize death, as in the death of her horns and her former self, as well as those lost to criminals in the wastelands she now protects.

Last edited by deerbroken on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FINAL STATEMENTS

Xylona wrote:Never again. Never again shall I show weakness; never again shall I be made a fool.

Xylona's lost horns and triumph over the bandit she'd met in the waste inspired her. From that point forward she took the role of a bounty hunter, crossing through canyons and climbing mountains to bring those who wronged others to justice. It became an obsession for her, the kalon focusing on perfecting her work and keeping a count of how many miscreants she had brought to the jail cells of the capital city. Now well renowned and feared, Xylona seeks out high paying bounties and occasionally takes up mercenary or spy work for officials of the high government.

------

[all art not credited was drawn by me.]

[except the pixel graves, which I am having trouble finding the original source for but will link asap.]
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me