Fan-fictions - LeiaWolfe

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Fan-fictions - LeiaWolfe

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello and welcome to all my fellow visitors either having a quick drop-in or coming to stay and read a while (go ahead, I don't mind! I've got some tea bags, hot water and sugar in the corner! And if you're lucky you'll find some cookies too ;) ). This is the home for all my fan-fictions! Most of them will be either Merlin (BBC One TV show)- or Wings of Fire (book series)-based. The chapters and stories are right down below, as you can see. Now, then. Have fun reading! C:

Chapters: Merlin - hidden in the shadows wrote:Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Information on Merlin - hidden in the shadows
~ This version is when magic has not been outlawed yet by Uther, and Ygraine was able to give birth to Arthur. Shortly after Merlin arrives it is banned in Camelot, the penalty being death after a sorcerer kills Ygraine using dark magic.
~
~
~
Last edited by leiawolfe on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 20 times in total.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Merlin - Hidden in the shadows: Chapter one

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Season one

Chapter One

Merlin looked around as he finally reached Camelot, his belongings strapped tightly to his back. He wore his brown boots and pants, a red long-sleeved shirt, a brown jacket and a sky-blue neck scarf. His hair was short and dark, his eyes an evening blue with his skin being very fair. "Gaius, where to find Gaius," he muttered, looking around the village. Suddenly, he noticed the huge castle - how could he not see it before? It certainly was very big. There was also a strange sense in the air, he could feel it. Was it magic? Were there people out there...like him? The boy smiled at the thought, though whatever was causing this...sense certainly triggered him. He stopped in his tracks to the castle, clutching his head. Voices?

A young girl and boy, maybe the age of eleven. The little boy seemed to be guiding the girl somewhere...but where?
        "Come on, Anna, you're almost there. Turn east at the first bend."
        "There's a set of chambers here..."
        "Yes, go through the middle door."
        "It's locked, Casimir."
        "Use your magic, idiot!"

Magic. Merlin tilted his head quizzically. These children had magic - just like him. But where was Casimir guiding Anna to? What were they planning to do?
        He heard the girl take a deep breath.
        "But someone could hear us."
        "Anna, we've proved to all the sorcerers here in Camelot that we've been hearing voices too. We've used different names, as well. They shouldn't suspect us."

This last sentence was said especially quietly, Merlin had to cover his ears to hear it, blocking out every other sound in the village.

"Alright. If you're sure. And you're in there?"
        "Yes, Prince Arthur's chambers. Now come on."
        "What's the hurry? Stop rushing me," the girl muttered, and tutted quietly, but after a short while, she obeyed the boy.
        "Dosplench," she whispered, and the clank of a rusty piece of metal unlocking the wooden door came soon after.

Merlin couldn't hear anything anymore, which obviously meant that they had started to speak with their actual voices instead of their minds. Can I do that? He wondered as he walked closer into the castle. He wondered a lot of things while he was trotting off to the ancient building, including what on earth these children were doing - nothing good would come of it, that was for sure to Merlin.
        He looked up at the bright sun being covered by large white clouds before him. He went to the entrance, where some guards and a set of white, spiral stairs were. "Where would I find Gaius... the court physician?" He asked to one of the guards, and he pointed to the stairs. These men wore chain-mail on their bodies, a large red felt piece draping over it, and on it was the yellow crest of Camelot - a dragon. They also wore a metal helmet and had a spear each in their hands, holding it firmly on the ground, the pointy part facing upwards. "Thank you," he muttered, not taking his eyes off the spears. He dashed up the stairs as fast as possible, clutching his rolled-up blankets and bag strapped on his back.

When he reached Gaius' chambers, he knocked on the wooden door. With no answer within one minute, he tried to open the door. Unlocked. Open, in fact. Merlin walked in and gave the door a really? smile. Behind the door there were several different bunches of herbs, sorted by type. "Gaius...?" He looked around the messy room. There were several books on the floor and on the table, as well as a lot of different potions. Suddenly, Merlin saw him. He looked about in his mid-sixties and had straight, shoulder-length hair. He wore what looked like a red tunic, with a few intriguing patterns on it. The man was on the outer edge of a staircase rail, tidying some books. He looked at Merlin with a surprised expression, and suddenly, he fell from where he was standing.
        Merlin panicked, and everything suddenly went into slow motion. His blue eyes glowed golden. He managed to pull a bed on the other side of the room to where Gaius was about to fall, and after everything was back in normal speed again, he did. Gaius suddenly stood up from the bed and looked extremely surprised. "You have magic!" He exclaimed, still recovering from what had just happened. Merlin looked down, avoiding this man's awkward stare. "Yes.." "You're Hunith's son, aren't you?" He asked, glancing at the bed that had been moved by this boy's eyes.

"I'm...Merlin..I'm from the village of the Ealdor. I see you've met my mother?" Merlin said, and Gaius grinned. "Yes, yes, I know her quite well," he answered quickly. "She sent you here because they didn't accept magic where you grew up and she didn't want you to live in fear and unhappiness, am I correct?" He muttered. He said it as if it happened all the time and it didn't matter that much. Merlin just watched in awe. "Yes." he answered, this time it being his turn to stare at the strange old man. Still, strange or not, he seemed like a kind mentor.
        "This is yours," Gaius told the boy as he showed him an attachment to the main room, going up two small steps and opening an arched wooden door, revealing a room consisting of a smaller but adequate living quarters, and in the middle stood a bed. The room had one window, and a bedside table. Merlin looked back and smiled at Gaius. "Thank you," he said, and unstrapped his bag and blankets from his back, and after that he trotted off to see the rest of Camelot, still wondering about the strange boy and girl he'd heard in his mind. Maybe I should check it out, he thought, but for now he thought that he should set the thought aside and enjoy his new home -- Camelot.

When he finished walking through the village and the front of the castle, realising that there weren't many people there at all, he didn't stop to wonder why and instead decided to explore the inside of the castle. He walked back through the main square, this time taking a different route and walking through another door in the castle. Again, it had a set of stairs and two guards on each side of it, but he decided not to ask them anything this time as he wanted to see for himself. He rushed up the cream-coloured steps, and found that it led to a corridor. He walked across it, smiling and enjoying the view, leaning on the thick, white waist-length barriers on each side. He walked along even further, looking at the different scenery, left and right. At last, he came to a stop -- in front of him were two large spruce doors, and guards in front of each one. Merlin smiled at them, though they had expressionless faces so it was quite awkward. "Em...where do these doors lead to?" He asked, and a guard spoke up. "The council chambers, boy. Who do wish to see?" He asked, and Merlin flinched. "No one. I was just looking around," he answered, grinning, and turned back, walking the way he'd come before. He wondered if the king or queen were in there. Or the knights of Camelot? Or...Prince Arthur. He could catch those children he'd heard before! They were in the prince's chambers! He dashed right back to the guards he'd seen before. "I-I wish to go to Prince Arthur's chambers." He said firmly to them, and the second guard scoffed. "You? The prince's chambers? Who do you think you're fooling 'ere, 'eh, boy? He's not lookin' for any peasants like you!"

Merlin screwed his nose. He had to think of something -- and quick. "I, uh..." he stammered. "Hm?" The guard seemed to be enjoying this. They probably didn't have a very interesting life seeing as they were guarding the outside of a council chamber the whole day. "He's been...expecting me." This obviously sounded quite stupid, and it led these pesky guards to the next question. "And wot is 'e expecting you to do?" He sniggered. Merlin felt like shaking these guards until they felt sick, but he didn't dare try. They'd probably been trained to kill intruders or something - or at least put them in the dungeons. "He needs his -- clothes washing!" The boy tried to not to grin at this fantastic thought. The guards had said it themselves that he looked like a peasant..

"Alright," the first guard huffed. "Better get goin' before the young 'ighness comes back from 'is training," He said, looking slightly more miserable now. Training? Merlin thought. Then he realised - he was a prince of Camelot, wasn't he? He was probably bashing dummies up and stabbing them and fencing with other knights. He looked over the barrier to see if he could see him from this height, but he could just see the main square with a couple of horses coming back to Camelot with their riders from some hunting trip, the men equipped with crossbows and arrows. He looked back and the guards quickly and smiled, tilting his head as if to say he was expecting something. "You're new 'ere, are you? The prince's chambers are the next set of stairs that way," he pointed to the way he'd come before. "And turn left to see the first set of chambers. It is the royals' floor. Be weary of it." He sniggered softly, and Merlin gritted his teeth. "Right." He answered, dashing away on the cobblestone-floored corridor.
    Last edited by leiawolfe on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:13 am, edited 17 times in total.
    leah
    australia
    she/her
    talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
    leiawolfe

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Merlin - Hidden in the shadows: Chapter two

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Season one

Chapter Two

Merlin raced up the white gritty stairs, up to the highest floor. 'The royals' floor', he repeated in his mind, getting red in the face by the amount of steps he had to climb. He began to slow his speed to a jog, then eventually a walk. He breathed in deeply as he knelt down on the stairs, over three-quarters of the way up. "Almost there," the boy wheezed, realising how long these steps really were.
    Last edited by leiawolfe on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:13 am, edited 12 times in total.
    leah
    australia
    she/her
    leiawolfe

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: What should I call this?

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Chapter Three
    Last edited by leiawolfe on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    leah
    australia
    she/her
    leiawolfe

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: What should I call this?

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Chapter 4

Last bumped by leiawolfe on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:42 pm.
    leah
    australia
    she/her
    leiawolfe

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me