❛ 100 One-Shot Challenge ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

❛ 100 One-Shot Challenge ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:38 am

The List wrote:
    Injured
    Sinking
    Father
    • Exploit
    • Boredom
    • Art of Conversation
    • Take your Best Shot
    • Creativity
    • Flash
    • Puzzling Words
    • Ill
    • Skeleton
    • Nothing
    • Servitude
    • Possibilities
    Weightless
    Just Say It
    • Last
    • Words
    • Immature
    • Blazing
    • Help
    • Presence
    • Because
    • Forced
    • Reversed
    • Cast Away
    • Emotions
    • Questions
    • Wishing
    • Crackling
    • Curl Up
    • Together
    • Look Again
    • Brief
    • Space
    • Special
    • Jinx
    • Stop Fussing
    • Cozy
    Breaking
    • Either Or
    Tell Me a Story
    Waiting
    Willpower
    • Who Am I?
    • Idol
    • Unseen
    • Just Try
    • For Me?
Your Choice!
• Useful
• Treasure
• Ceremony
• Lightning
• Protection
• Stay With Me
• Mint
• Rescue
• Dominant
• Thief
• Deserter
• Stolen
• Sarcasm
• Darling
• How Much is too Much?
Over
• Try Again
• Hidden
• Forgotten
• The First Time
• Aging
Soldiers
• Justice
• Tread Carefully
• One False Step
• Connection
• Mess
• It Can't Be
• In Due Time
• Awake
• Delicious
• Fallen
• Trickery
• Around the Bend
• Well Traveled
• Choices
• Surplus
• Rough
If
• Friend
Found Not Lost
• Spiral
• Deep
• I Could Have
• Desirable
• Resentment
• Build Up
• Inch by Inch
• Dilemma
• Blue Sky

The Main Thread
    • Goal is to get this done by Graduation: June 12, 2018
    • Please no stealing anything from here
    • You are more than welcome to post your critiques
    • I will go back throughout the year and make changes when needed
    • I will be using these characters and may add one or two later on
    • I will not be going in order nor will I have a minimum word count
Last edited by L.V.L on Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ Injured - 568 ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:16 pm

"No, you don't get to tell us what's right and wrong. You don't get to tell us that we're fat or that we're skinny, that we're either unpopular or popular. If we fit in with the rest of the kids at school and how they look. You don't get to hurt us like that!! Tell us that we don't fit in because he likes to dress like a girl and she likes to dress like a guy. Clothes are clothes, why do they have to go to a certain person and not the other. You even discriminate us with colors for christs sake, blue and dark colors for guys; pink and bright colors for girls. You think that doesn't hurt us on the inside, even if we do laugh on the outside. You think that we want to show our emotions, don't get us wrong - we do, but we won't actually. You know why, because our emotions effect the people around us. When we smile at someone it'll brighten up their day, when we show our sadness it'll make others sad because it's just natural for feelings to attract from others. And yet you'll judge and hurt us for that, for being ourselves. But what we don't get is… how is it ok for you to show off your hunting prize or your school awards and show what your proud of yourself - and yet, we can't show our true selves without your judgment. We've all come here, to stand together as one. To fight off all the hate that has entered our lives to since we were kids to old adults. We're all here to show that we're equal in every way possible. You used to discriminate people by their color and look where that got us, we stood together. You still discriminate people by their Religion and we still stood together. You now discriminate people by their sexual orientation and we will always stand together as one. Through thick and thin, nothing will break the bond that has formed in all of us here today, and neither will the words you've injured us with."
We all looked out into the crowd, hundreds of people showed up for our event. Rows after rows with at least twenty people in each one, people ranging from small children to older folks; they all just sat there, staring. All we could here is the quiet crickets chirping somewhere in the corners of the room; a cough or two would ring out here and there but no one said anything. We stared out into the crowd, waiting for a reply, something - anything - but nothing. Few moments have passed, and a small figure in the front row stands up. It's a little girl holding a stuffed bear in her arms, she blinked up at us, staring. Then she turned and walked towards the stage, surprising us all still into silence, no one said a word to her. We watched as the girl climbed up the steps, and stood at the corner of the stage, what seemed like a death grip on her bear. We saw her shoulders move up and then down in a heavy sigh and then walked over to us. She stopped in front of everyone and stretched her arm out in front of her, holding out her stuffed bear, she spoke - "I stand with you."
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ Sinking - 279 ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Do you ever feel like your world is being torn apart? That everyone you thought were your friends really just left when you needed them the most; or that your family just doesn't understand what your going through. That you feel like you're just sinking in dangerous waters and you don't know how to save yourself. The people you thought that would be there for you and you could talk to them about anything, just disappeared. You would look around one day, and find yourself alone in a big world, with no one to save you. You then go out and look for the people like you, so you would at least have someone to understand you even if they aren't really like you. That they're actually the opposite of you, but you just don't want to see that part in them; because then you would feel alone again. And after you realize that they're not you, you feel like you literally have no one left; until the unexpected happens. Someone goes and saves you from sinking, saves you from the waters of the world, and holds onto you - never letting go. That you finally found a person who will listen to you speak for hours, who understands you more than you understand yourself. That they'll be there for you whether its dusk or dawn, when you feel like you just can't go on another day and you just want to quit from the world; they'll drop what they're doing and just be there for you. Even if you just sit in silence, listening to the world pass by, you know that you'll never be in those waters again.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ Father - 562 ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:42 pm

"Don't!" I snapped when I felt his hand wrap tightly around my arm, trying to pull me back towards him and away from the crowd. Twisting my arm around, it quickly slides out of his hand and I point a warning figure at him.
"Luna, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just-" he looked around; I could tell by his expression he was at a loss for words; trying to figure out what he could do to win me back… but he couldn't.
"You're the one who left us! You left me and mom to defend ourselves with nothing; because you left so did everything else in our lives. You knew mom wasn't working, and I was trying to save up for college. I had to spend every penny I saved just too barely get by on what we had. God, dad! We lived in the car for Christ's sake, we couldn't rent a hotel room because then we wouldn't be able to eat that day. It was always this or that - but never both." I start to cry, tears just rushing down my face. But it wasn't that I was sad or hurt, it was because I was so pissed at him I couldn't hold it in any longer.
"Please, don't cry." He stared past me and I turned around, some people were slowing down watching us and the security guards were eyeing us.
"And yet you just don't care do you?! You're so worried about what the hell everyone thinks - what random people think about you that you won't even truly listen to your own daughter. You're just a terrible man, and I'm glad you left us!"
The hurt in his eyes shown clear as day, I hit the spot he was hoping to avoid in the argument. I turn around and start to walk away, wiping water stains from my cheeks with my sleeve. As soon as I think I'm free, free from all that has to do with him, arms wrap around me and I struggle against his hold.
"Don't you dare walk away from me, you stupid-" he growled and I screamed, drowning out the last of his sentence. Everyone has stopped and I can see from my blurred vision that people were rushing towards to help me. I felt a familiar pair of arms pull me out of his grasp and turn me around; after my vision cleared I saw that the security guards had my father hand cuffed - a group of people have stepped in the middle of us, protecting me. I turn my head towards the side and see Viviana still holding me, never letting go; sighing with relief I buried my head into her chest, trying to calm myself.
"Luna, please listen to me. I'm sorry that I hurt you and your mother, I never meant for anything to happen to you guys." His voice rang our through the silence, pleading now... he was pleading now.
I let go of Viviana and straighten myself out, not crying anymore. I turn to face him; he's now the one crying - he's now the one wanting to be with me - he's now the one who's left alone.
"Oh daddy, you've had your chance. You're the one who left; you're the one who abandoned us. Now, I'm just continuing the favor."
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ Soldiers - 162 ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 pm

When will it stop? The pain that the world places on my shoulders every single day. They make us work for our freedom back home. They don't realize what we see here and the emotions that flood over our bodies every time one of us dies. There's no time for hesitations, because one wrong move can cause the world to go to hell. That's not the worse pain I've felt though… no. It was standing there in my uniform, badges all lined up across my chest. The rain pouring down all around us; making the grass turn into slush. As some random stranger spoke words about my friend, a brother; not knowing anything about who he was. And I look over to see the people - his family - all dressed in black. Watching their son, brother, or father get lowered into the ground.
I think that's what breaks a lot of people.
It's not what we see.
It's what we feel.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ Your Choice - Hostage - 4'400 ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:47 pm

It was a normal day at school; the people who stay outside are outside and the people who stay inside are inside. We all have our own little groups and our areas in the cafeteria, everyone knows who goes where and when/if you should approach them. No one's rude to anyone, it's just everyone knows their place. Freshmen learn pretty quickly on where they fit in, but if they don't, it's our job to help them.
I stand at the top of the stairs outside, watching what goes on and keeping everything in check with the rest of my group. We have teachers standing around, of course, but it's up to us to keep fights from starting or progressing; mainly stopping a situation from getting worse, in simpler terms.
"Luna, stop freaking out. Nothing is going to happen without us knowing about it. Go get your food or I'll push you inside," Zasha, one of our best protectors in our group speaks to me; her dad used to be in the Navy until he got sent back and became the chief of the city. I turn to look at her and see her staring at me with a raised eyebrow. It's like her light blue eyes are just piercing my soul. I laugh and wave her off, while walking through the doors and inside the cafeteria.
"So, decided you were going to finally join us on the inside, huh?" Jake says while poking me in the side; he's like me - head negotiator and practically the leader - but on the inside.
I roll my eyes, shoving him away. "You always try but never succeed. I feel bad for you - but not that bad to join you. Try getting some sun once in your life."
"Whoa, I do get sun! I mean, look at these tanned abs." He lifts up his shirt, and like a showcase model he moves his hand around his stomach area and I laugh loudly, covering my mouth and heading up the stairs.
"Oh lord, how could I ever say no to those now?"
"Only if you didn't have a girlfriend, then you could totally get this whenever you wanted."
I stare at him with narrowed eyes, but still smiling. I shake my head and scoff. Going over to the store I get myself a flavored water and head back outside, Jake still following behind me like a puppy.
"Are you coming outside with me, then?"
"Ha, you wish," Jake jokes, and I watched him leave towards his own group. Pushing the doors open, I walk towards my own group and look out, scanning the crowd real fast. I spot Viviana, my crush for about five months now, walking strangely towards the center on the Quad.
"Luna, what do you thi-"
I interrupt whoever's talking with a wave of my hand and I narrow my eyes towards her, someone is walking behind her, but I can't tell who it is. Looking down near her waist when she turns to the side, I can see what sees like a gun pointed against her back.
"Nick, go get Lilly from Jake's group and slowly round everyone inside the cafeteria; don't make so much of a scene though. Sam, go get Jake." I turn towards them and I see confused looks on their faces, "Now!" I hiss.
"Luna, what's going on?" Ash comes up to me, worried.
"Look, do you see Viviana walking slowly towards the middle of the Quad?" I point and continue, "Look behind her; you see the strange looking dude? He's got a gun, pointed up against her back." I motion towards the end of my back as a demonstration and everyone left gasps. I look around and see Nick and Lilly carefully guiding everyone inside.
"What do you need me to do?" Jake's voice rings out softly in my ear, but it's stern and filled with worry.
"Stay here and keep things under control, I'm going to go speak to him," I say, and push past him when he tries to stop me. Sighing, I try to calm myself, thinking of some of the rules to negotiating: Never make promises. Never tell them your life story. Never say that life will get better for them, because it won't. Never... The thoughts of all of that leave my mind when I see the look on Viviana's face. I've never seen her like this before. So much fear a person could carry was just shinning through her chocolate brown eyes; you could tell that she was doing everything in her power not to break down from fear and collapse onto the ground. I've taught her that, though. Never show fear or any emotion when you're being held hostage. I walk slowly towards them and put my hands up carefully in front of me. I can see the man... no, oh geez, the teenager look towards me and pull the gun out from behind her back, pointing it towards her head.
"Don't come any closer, or I swear I will shoot her right here, right now," the boy says. I can tell in the way he stands and the way his voice shakes that he doesn't really understand what he's doing; that he doesn't want to be here as much as anyone else.
"Alright, I'm not going to hurt you. I just came here to talk to you. To see what's going on, that's all," I say, breathing slowly and carefully.
"I know what you are, you're trying to speak to me. Get inside my head just like everyone else, and it's not going to work. People have tried before, and look where that gets people."
"Alright, then I'm not going to try and get inside your head. But I did come here to talk to you, so tell me what's going on," I say, and look at him for a moment; his eyes are filled with both anger and fear.
"I just want revenge. Revenge on people like her, the ones who took my father away from me. I just want to see them suffer like I did!"
"What do you mean people like her? What happened... what's your name?" I ask.
"Kenai. Lesbians; lesbians are the problem. They are the ones who took my father away from me. They're the ones who destroyed my family."
The anger in his voice isn't there anymore; it's becoming filled with despair and hurt. He's just a teenager; can't be more then sixteen, and all he wants is to get his father back.
"Okay, Kenai. You and me can talk about this, but I need you to let her go. Hurting her isn't going to prove anything. If you just want to see your father I can help you with that, but not when you have someone with you. Let it just be me and you." I take a step forward slowly, and he shakes his head and the gun quickly.
"No, no, no. Stay where you're at, I'm not letting her go. She deserves to die, and so does everyone else like her."
"You're hurt, I understand that; I know what you're going through. I—"
"No!! You don't know, no one ever knows." He starts to mumble something under his breath.
I look at Viviana and make a quick nod towards her.
She mouths, "I love you," as a tear races to her cheek. It breaks my heart to see her like this, so I think quickly and break a rule.
"I actually do know what you're going through. I was hurt by someone, just like you were; felt like no one knew what I was going through. Even when they said they did, I didn't believe them because that's what they just tell you, right? That it's going to get better tomorrow—"
"Going to get better tomorrow or the day after. That 'we're here for you whenever you need it', and 'we won't ever let anything like that happen again'. That 'you can always speak to us', even though we just say that because it's in our job description. They just read it from a book, and tell that to everyone they see," Kenai says, and I watch as he tries to blink back tears. I nod in agreement and look as he stares up at me with a questioning look, "What happened to you, then?"
"When I was young I moved to Michigan with the rest of my family. I was there until I was seven years old. I had three other siblings, and I wasn't the most favoured out of the bunch. I was either by myself or causing trouble with the others; there was no good in me at that age.
"My parents decided that it would be best to leave me alone and deal it out myself, but when does that ever work with kids? So my cousin, he raised me; granted he was only fourteen at the time, but he did the best he could. Taught me things about the world, taught me how to treat others with respect, taught me how to be a person, and interact with the world. And then when I turned eight we moved here and I lost all contact with him for a few years. I was young, and he had his own life also. It wasn't until I was in 9th grade 'til I had my first contact with him after six years. He was twenty and had left the military.
"One day, while we were texting over Facebook, my mother asked me who I was speaking to, and when I told her it was my cousin she immediately took the laptop from me and yelled at me, telling me that I couldn't ever speak to him. I asked her why and she told me that he was mentally unstable, and that I couldn't have people in like that my life; that it wasn't good for me. So, like any thirteen year old would do, I made her promise that either when I turned sixteen or when his own family said he was fine that I could go see him, or I could start speaking to him again. She agreed; signed a paper; had the whole family watch, and everything like that, so I knew she would never break her promise.
"Now, just a few months ago, we left to visit our family back in Michigan, and I was super excited to see him again; the boy who raised me. But when we got to their house and we saw each other my mother flipped, telling me that we weren't allowed to see each other; that he was still insane and not safe for me. I was sixteen years old, his family said he was fine, and still she forbade me to do so.
"I was in shock. I remember I turned towards her and started yelling at her, saying that she was the worst parent in the world—how she broke her promise and I would never trust her again about anything she said. All we could do for the whole trip was just wave at each other from the windows.
"When we got back there was a silence between me and her. Just a few nights ago I brought it up; asked her if her reasoning was still the same and it was. I yelled at her. How could she take away the one person who was there for me when she wasn't? The one person who raised me when she ignored me? The one person who understood whatever I was going through, who was my rock? And then she hit me, saying that she was supposed to be that person; that I didn't need him and to never mention him again in front of her."
I took some deep breaths, noticing I was staring at the ground the whole time. I look up and see tears rushing down his and Viviana's face.
"So I know what you're going through, Kenai. I may not be in the same situation as you, but I know, in my own way, your pain and suffering; the hatred you have towards somebody. This—what you're doing—won't solve anything. Tell me what you want, Kenai."
I look at him and see him take some deep breaths, trying to wipe away the tears running down his now water-stained cheeks.
"I... I just want to see my father again," he stutters out.
"Alright, do you know where your father is?" I see him nod, and smile a little. "Kenai, if you let her go I will take you to your father. I won't let anything bad happen to you until you see your father."
I wait for his answer. It seems like hours are passing by as everyone waits for his decision.
Finally, he lowers the gun slowly down from her head. I watch him raise his shoulders up and then down as he finally comes to a decision. He lets his arm drop from Viviana's body and tosses the gun away.
"Alright, come towards me, Kenai, and let's go see your father," I say, and step towards him. I move my head to the side quickly and Viviana nods, running towards the outer doors where the police are waiting.
"No one is going to hurt you, Kenai. I'll make sure of that!" I sort of yell out and look to where the officers are standing. I walk up to him slowly and hold out a hand, waiting for him, to see if he takes it.
"Do you promise? Promise that nothing terrible will happen to me before I see my father."
Another rule broken.
"I promise." And with that he takes a hold of my hand and I guide him towards the parking lot. I look around and notice how many news stations are roaming around; officers trying to keep everyone calm; even students are watching. I open the door to the parking lot and I'm greeted with officers drawing their guns and aiming at him; I feel Kenai tense next to me, gripping my hand tighter.
"Step away from the girl!"
"Put your hands up!" officers yell at him as they draw closer to us.
I do the unthinkable. Something I know I shouldn't do; I step out in front of Kenai, protecting him.
"Luna!!" voices cry out around me, and the officers drop their guns to their sides.
"Officer Turner, I'm going to need you to drive us somewhere. And you aren't to harm him in any way until we're finished!" I yell out, and see a tall, medium built guy step out from the crowds while putting his gun into his holster.
"Luna. That's your name?" Kenai asks me in a whisper, and I nod, walking towards Officer Turner.
We reach his car with everyone staring at us. I look up in the sky and see a few news helicopters and a police one.
"Kenai, do you know where your father is?" I ask, and he reaches into his front pocket, pulling out a piece of paper and handing it to me. I open it and read the address.
1500 Las Vegas Blvd N, Las Vegas, NV.
I hand it to the officer and sigh. I know where that is.
I look at Kenai as he sits there, staring out the window; looking at the crowd. I don't think he knows.
"How long will it take us to go see him?" Kenai asks, staring at me with shining eyes. I can't tell if it's because he was just crying, or if it's because he's finally going to see his father.
"It'll take about ten minutes to get there, if Mr. Turner here steps on it a little bit," I speak a little harshly, then turn in my seat. I sit there, just staring in front of me, thinking about all the rules I broke.
Never make promises? Broken. Never tell them your life story? Broken. Never say that life will get better for them, because it won't? Broken.
"What do you think he's going to say? Do you think he'll be angry with me just showing up? It's not like I brought anything, and he always said to bring something when you go to visit someone."
"Kenai, you're going to be okay. I don't think he'll mind just this one time, but if it'll make you feel better we can get some flowers. I know—"
"Flowers! Yes! His... his favorite flowers, strangely, are dandelions. They'll just blow away, though, when we move, so we have to be extra careful," Kenai said happily; I looked at him for a moment—it seemed like everything that happened today just disappeared in his mind.
"Are you okay? You seem a little..." I trail off as he looks at me with a confused face.
"Oh!! Ha, I tend to look a little off. I've got... ummm, a slight memory problem. Some things stick in my brain forever, and some will just slip away like it never happened. Why, do you—"
"Alright, we're here," I hear Mr. Turner say, and look outside. We've arrived. I watch, and see a group of people sitting happily under a tree, and I can faintly hear olden folk music playing. I smile slightly at the scene, but in the back of my mind this is all depressing.
"Pull over, we'll walk from here," Kenai says, and I feel the car shake as he gets out.
Following him out, I hold a hand out for Mr. Turner to stay where he is. I wait there, watching as Kenai goes around and picks some dandelions from the grass across the way.
"Luna, you think he realizes that—"
"I don't know. But I don't want to say anything, just give us a few minutes." With that I push myself off the truck of the car and walk over to Kenai. I smile slightly as he looks up at me. All I see right now is a teenage boy picking flowers for his father. A boy that probably has no idea what has happened today.
"Ready?" Kenai asks me, and he holds out a hand towards me.
I hesitate for moment, wondering whether or not to dig myself deeper into this hole I've dug—and I do. I grab his hand and let him lead me to his father.
As he leads me across the grass I look around and see some families sitting under trees, talking to their loved ones. I see pets laying down on the grass, just enjoying the nice cloudy day.
We come up to a small little building with vines and flowers all around the grass and walls. I smile, the sight of it bringing back some memories.
"I hope he's okay with this. Just showing up unannounced," Kenai tells me, letting go of my hand.
I know words can't help much with about what we're going to do, so I gently placed my hand on his shoulder. I see him smile for the first time and feel his shoulders move up and down in a sigh. I watch as he walks towards the building, opening the door for me. I quickly walk over to him and enter.
It's huge inside, with old chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling. Glass windows with wooden framing let the sunlight in, brightening the place up ; there are vases scattered everywhere, some filled with withered flowers, and some with just-picked ones. I follow him as he starts walking towards a wall with a bench in front of it.
"Hello, father," Kenai whispers, placing his hand on the wall; the wall that reads:
In Loving Memory Of
Richard Martínez
1963 - 2015
Beloved Husband and Father
"I brought you some flowers. They're your favorite, just like you told me to remember. I hope it's okay that I brought someone besides... well, you know who..." Kenai trails off and stares at the wall.
I watch as he stands there; it seems like he's a statue—until he slowly bends his head down and places his forehead against the wall. I watch as a single tear rolls down his cheek and splashes onto his shoe.
"I love you, dad." Kenai whispers, flattening his hand on the wall.
I look at him; he's not the boy who wanted to shoot people; he's not the boy who wanted to go to jail; he's not the boy who ever wanted to hurt anyone. He's a boy who just wanted to see his father again, when no one would help.
Kenai turns around towards me and hugs me tightly; hugs me like it's going to be his last one forever.
"Thank you" he mumbles into my shoulder before then letting go. He smiles slightly and then walks past me. I turn around towards him and still see the flowers in his hand.
"Kenai, the flowers," I say, and he turns towards me, now a huge grin on his face. He goes over to the corner and opens a door, where spiral stairs lead up to the unknown—the unknown for me.
"Come on, trust me. And then we'll go back to the car." And with that I watch him disappear up the stairs; I groan a complaint, but follow him anyways.
It's like an attic-type room when I reach the top, but there's no roof. It's just open; the wind blowing the flowers that are growing from the vines. I laugh, never having seen anything like this ever in my life.
"Here, come stand next to me and watch." He gestures to the area beside him, so I go and stand next to him. I watch as he holds out his hand with the dandelions in them towards the sky. The slight breeze blows the little seeds on the stem and I watch them slowly drift away. Hundreds of them cover the sky, it seems like it's snowing in some areas. I laugh loudly in amazement, and watch the people below look up and point towards them.
"That's for you, father," I hear him whisper under his breath, and I pat his shoulder. We both turn and head back downstairs and out the doors. We walk side by side towards where Mr. Turner is waiting for us... what actually seems like waiting impatiently for us.
"Oh, hush and drive us back," I say before he has a chance to complain. I climb into the car and close the door behind me. Mr. Turner and Kenai climb in as well, and we drive out of the cemetery. I sigh slightly and look out the window. I can still faintly see the dandelions floating in the waves of the wind. I smile and rest my head on the window, watching buildings and people pass us by on our way towards the school.
"What's going to happen to me when I get back?" Kenai suddenly jolts me from sleep; I looked around and see we are arriving into the parking lot of the school.
"No one's going to hurt you, if that's what you're asking," I say to him, and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "I can't say I promise anything, Kenai. I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea."
"My advice to you, kid, is just follow orders. Don't cause a ruckus with anyone and just be honest. They'll most likely be easy on you, since you've got that memory problem of yours. And you're also just a teenager," Mr. Turner says.
I look at him and scoff.
"Ya, take advice from someone who got arrested when he was a boy," I laugh, and he grunts.
I watch as we come to a stop and all the news crews quickly turn toward us. I can tell that they're just itching to get some type of interview with one of us.
"Also, if the reporters ask either of you questions, just say 'No comment,'," Mr. Turner tells us sternly, unlocking the car. We all get out at once, and officers there start coming towards us.
"Luna... thank you." Kenai quickly turns toward me and hugs me. I pull away and look up at him; I look into his eyes and don't see any type of anger or despair, just... calmness.
"Kenai, it's time," Mr. Turner says, taking Kenai's hands. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can—and will—be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?”
Kenai nods, and I watch as Mr. Turner puts him in handcuffs and starts taking him away to another officer's car. I follow slowly behind them, trying to avoid all the news people yelling out questions to us.
"Kenai, you're going to be okay. I'll come visit you whenever I can," I call out to him, and I stand there, watching him smile back at me. He climbs into the car and it's over. I sigh and rub my arms, looking around at everything and everyone walking around.
"I see one section just piled with news people giving reports on what happened; some cameras pointing at him, some at me.
There's another section with officers speaking to a couple of students and teachers. I then turn around completely, and notice that I'm the only one standing in the middle of the parking lot. Alone.
I watch as the car holding Kenai drives out of the parking lot and down the street—and then I notice everyone, including all the cameras, is staring at me; waiting for something to happen next.
"Luna!!!" a voice calls out behind me, and I turn around slowly.
I see someone running towards me and I realize who it is. Smiling, I run toward her, everyone else disappearing from view; she jumps into my arms and wraps her legs around me.
"Viviana." I breath in her scent and smile.
"God, you freaking stupid person! I thought you were going to die!" she says in my ear, pulling back. I stare at her as a single tear rolls down her cheek.
"I love you," she whispers to me.
"I love you, too," I say, and kiss her.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ Over - 650 ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:56 pm

"Hello?" I spoke softly into the phone.
"Luna?" A familiar voice spoke into my ear. I sighed slightly as relief flooded over me, "Viviana, babe?"
"Luna, I need you to help me. Please come help me. I can't deal with all of this." There was a slight sniffle coming through.
"Viv - Viviana what are you talking about? What happened." I called out into the phone, I look around, fear slowly creeping into my body… my mind. It was silent for a moment. It's that fear of the unknown, what is possibly going to happen next.
"I don't wanna be here anymore." She spoke in a whisper.
"Viviana, I'm coming over. I'll be right there, sweet. I'll be right there don't-"
There was a gasping noise and I froze dead in my tracks, "Viv…"
Then the gasping came over the phone again, this time coming faster and faster. My mind was racing, it was telling me to get to her, but my feet were frozen.
"I love you." And with that the phone line went dead. I stood there, my mind was screaming at my body to move. But all I did was look down as my phone slowly dropped to the ground; it landed with a bang and that's when I moved. I opened the front door and jumped down the steps, pushing open the yard gate I looked around for a moment. It seemed like the world was just moving in slow motion. And then I ran, running down the street, pushing random strangers out of my way, trying to avoid the cars passing by or parked in the street. I push past the last group of people and turn the corner; I stop dead I'm my tracks as I see red and blue flashing lights. Officers and paramedics were rushing back and forth, some yelling to each other and some whispering to each other… shaking their heads. I feel like I can't breathe, my whole world has come crashing down - but I take off. Buildings, light poles, people - all rushing past me - slowly. I feel tears rushing down my face now, it blurs my vision and I can barely see in front of me.
"Viviana!!" I scream out and I feel multiple hands wrap around me. Lights from a news crew camera shines down on me and I push it away. I wipe my tears and struggle to get through the police officers that have swarm around me. I can see their mouths moving, but I hear nothing. It's when I see someone carry out a stretcher with someone on it is when I lose everything I've ever known not to do.
"Noo!!" I plead out and fight against the officers, I feel their hands losing hold of me as I rush towards her body. I rip down the tape and move out of the way of others trying to stop me. The lights are now flashing brighter then ever, I'm almost blinded from all sight when a shape steps in front of me and catches me in their arms. I look up and see Viviana's brother staring down at me, tears almost ready to come rushing out. His body is standing in my way and I flip us around, I see the last of her. Her body looks frozen as ice, skin super pale, bandages wrapped around her body. I collapse onto my knees, no tears are coming out now, I'm in shock. And as soon as I feel her brother loosen his grip I run out of his arms and right to next her. I hear the paramedics telling me I need to step away, that I shouldn't be there. But I look down at her instead, ignoring everything and everyone.
"I love you." I spoke softly only to her and place my hand into hers, holding onto her one last time.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ Breaking - 650 ❜

Postby L.V.L » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:58 pm

People have told me my whole life that love can either mend a broken heart or can break it even more to the point of death. No one has ever tried to love someone to the point where one day they finally give up, because you were told if the other person wasn't right - you shouldn't chase after them. I never listened though - and it cost me my life.

He was perfect. He was the guy I always pictured myself with; even if I thought those feelings were for others. His bright mysterious green eyes and his chocolate hair - what part of him couldn't you love? I knew he didn't truly love me though; it's just what people said. He would pick up the pieces from broken hearts and try and put them back together without making it obvious of what he was doing and then at the last second when you thought you were safe - he would tear you apart. But I didn't care, I was in love with the idea of love and wanting to be with this boy made me insane. I would try my hardest everyday to see him, to be near him whenever I could, to hear his voice - it's what calmed me inside. He noticed me a couple of times before and then things escalated to the point where he'd walk me to the park and we'd just sit or lay there under the trees for hours just talking or being in each others presence; until we both had to leave. Those were the most magical moments in my lifetime. I had let my heart take over my whole body instead of my mind, because I didn't want to ruin anything. And yet things slowly started to happen; things I knew I noticed before but I ignored it at the time because I was to distracted by what was in front of me. That he was slowly distancing himself, not really meeting up, never making eye contact, never checking on me when I was alone or sad. It seemed like all the things that I heard was coming true, and it broke me inside. I thought to myself over and over again that it just couldn't be true, that someone wouldn't do that to a person... kill them inside like that. He would trick me at some points, look over at me and do his stupid little half smile that just lifted my spirit or he would brush against my shoulder when we pasted each other. I knew that I was letting this boy get inside my head, I knew that he wasn't really interested and yet I kept trying to keep him; I tried to do everything in my power to make him stay with me because I needed him. Days turned into weeks where we wouldn't show up and I kept thinking about the worst possible outcomes, but everyone told me that he was alright and I shouldn't be over reacting about this. But that's just it... I over react to so many things, and this is just another one of those things. When he did show up, I would look into his eyes and tell that what we once had was gone. And it left me broken, broken to the point where no one could ever fix me. I just sat there everyday looking at the people around me and hear them joke about how hard their life is and how they just want to end it, but I know they won't because they think it's funny to just say that. But I don't think they realize how much that phrase actually means to someone like me.
I'm a human being who's been broken by a boy who didn't think much of anything about me - who saw me as just an object he could mess with. And he left me with a breathing body who's dead inside.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❛ 100 One-Shot Challenge ❜

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:31 am

I haven't read Soldiers before, and I really like it c:

You're actually really good at conveying emotions c:
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❛ 100 One-Shot Challenge ❜

Postby frankie (dup) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:59 am

Okay, I know it's been a while since anyone's posted, but I don't think it's really possible to grave-dig on a writing post. You know- say someone remembers their story from a few months back and they continue posting, it wouldn't really be grave-digging. At least from what I've seen.

Rambling aside, I am loving these! These might not exceed 750 words, but quality over quantity. And these definitely have quality <3

As a side note, I finished my 100 one shot challenge July 13th. I hope to see another person finish, as well as 100 pieces of your amazing writing! Best of luck! :)
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me