Undoing the Wrong's- Alexander's story

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Undoing the Wrong's- Alexander's story

Postby hunny.milk.tea » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:08 am

Wip, please dnp this is a tryout for this Viscet
Relationships with others:
Skylar <3, Echo, and Scarlett- owned now by *-wolfs-*
Prompt- She was my guiding star and my greatest betrayer, or that's what I had believed

Chapters

Last edited by hunny.milk.tea on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.
hunny.milk.tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My childhood

Postby hunny.milk.tea » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:46 am

Chapter 1: My childhood

When I was born on that day, November 25, Medieval area, my father wasn’t even there to meet his new son. He was out in the village working, working to keep the rent on our run down dirt hut, working to put food on the table, working for his life. My mother had stayed for a couple minutes before she became uninterested and went to find the next lover. For the first full hours of my life I was alone. I learned real quick that growing attached to things was dangerous and could kill you if you’re not careful, like my poor father. My mother had been seeing a local guard at the Sunset castle and when my father learned about it he became enraged. I was barely two weeks old and my father order for a duel, for the hand of my mother. The laws stated by the king forbid duels against the village folk, that we weren’t worth the time and energy of the higher ups. But the guard was arrogant and wouldn’t shy away from a duel with a lowly old farmer. So they pulled out their guns and the countdown from five began. That night I had put the last flower on my father's grave, tears stinging my dark brown eyes. Only two weeks old and I planted my own father in the ground, his overworked and tired soul finally free from the rotten earth of the Royals. I also learned that I hated my mother, her stupid flirty antics getting father killed. I wished to never speak with her again and left her in that dirt hut for herself. Four weeks old I was, out and alone with no hut, and no land in the village to call my own. I thought back upon my father, how sad his life had been, and I had been too young to try to bring happiness to him. At such a young age I was almost defenseless and couldn’t do anything without any help. But this was not what I had chosen, it was what life had thrown at me, so it’s better I work then sulk and die. Five weeks old, taken me the whole week but I had built a somewhat hut. Rocks piled together and plastered with mud was my walls and leaves from the forest trees were my roof. Many village folk pitied my already harsh life, but I had no room for pity, work consuming my being every minute of the day. By six months I had myself a job working for the village’s lumber workers. The axe I had to swing over and over into the trees thick trunks was a nightmarish memory in my head. Every night I’d go home to my small six by eight foot hut and lie down on the dirt floor and fall into sleep. Exhaustion was the normal feeling now and I knew I looked bad, bags under my eyes, tail dropping, all the light and energy drained from my very core. My paws became raw with the constant swinging and my bones ached every move I made. But by one year I had saved up enough pay to buy myself a real village cottage. When I moved into the cottage something clicked in my mind as a swelling feeling of pride filled my being and I smiled for the first time ever in my life. It was a bit selfish of me, but when I was in that cottage I silently snickered at my mother who was alone and in that tiny hut. But serves her right, she shouldn’t get the right to better things. I decided from that moment on that if people asked, I’d tell them I was an orphan, no longer wishing to associate myself with my mother. Life was going ok, and sometimes even good. When I was two I was very tall, and tone due to my life of swinging that heavy axe and hauling the trees and the many endless hours of work. I found more and more eyes attracted to me as I’d walk around the village. Girls started to talk with me, guys joking and sometimes inviting me over to talk and laugh. I felt a belonging on this earth that I thought would never be there. I was arm wrestling with others, walking others home, fixing wood on others houses and doing all sorts of things. Life was good, and I felt happy and content, but like all good things this ended when I turned two and a half. A teen in my years it was a muggy morning and something thick hung in the air. The village was silent, on edge as if we all knew what was coming next. Guards, over a hundred came to the village. They were ordering people out of their houses, taking their valuables, taxing relentlessly. The king had ordered all gold and silver be taken and to tax all villages owned by the kingdom. A knock came on my door and I opened it, a snooty dark grey Viscet with deep yellow eyes regarded me with disgust. He cleared his throat and unrolled his fancy paper.

“The king has declared that on this day, December 12th, all villages owned by his highness will pay their taxes doubled and give all silver and gold items to his highness. This is for the profit of your king and to expand the Castle walls for the growth of a higher population. The king has put all his generals on alert and I will now begin the house search. If you rebel you will be taken to the castle for your punishment of whipping and then be hung in front of all castle folk before being taken back to your village.” The dark grey Viscet explained before rolling up the paper and pushing my aside the door. The connection from his hand made me tense and I felt a ringing in my ears only to hear it was my own snarl. Heat flushed throughout my body as my mind buzzed angrily. How dare the king double our taxes, we already have so little in our lives, and what’s more is he is taking our gold and silver. My anger only flared higher when I looked outside the open door, the villagers getting flung on the ground or roughed up if they didn’t listen. One Viscet lay crying as she clutched her newborn, pleading with a guard not to take her money, that it was all she had. The guard turned, growled and hit the lady across her face and she crumbled, clutching her newborn who started crying. That image flooded my mind and I hadn’t even recognized my feet flying underneath me. My angered screams filled the air as I lept up, the guard turning and eyes widened in fear. I tackled him, my claws digging into his shoulder blades as he cried out in agony, falling back in surprise by my sudden attack. The villagers all turned their attention to my as I took my claws and scraped down the guard's neck. His blood was thick, sticky and warm and I reeled back my fist to land him a punch when something smacked me hard in the left side of my head. My skull rattled and my mind fuzzed as I stumbled off the guard and fell to the ground, a swift kick coming under my underbelly and launching me several feet away. I groaned in pain, my light grey paws clutching my stomach. More guards gathered, each smirking at my pain and the one I attacked got up, blood dripping down his chest. He had dark red eyes and his mouth was a deadly snarl. He walked forward, his shadow blocking the sun as I squinted. He bent down and yanked my ear till I was sitting up, blood running out of my nose.

"Why did you have to go and do that little boy? I was just doing my job and now..." He paused and gave a wicked cackle and then squeezed my neck. My eyes bulged and I hissed, my breath being sucked from me. His deep eyes stared into my soul, challenging me to just try and fight him. I was about to open my maw and spit in his eyes when suddenly there came a loud yelp through the silent crowd.

"Wait- Princess you can't g-" A guard cried, rushing after one of the most stunning Viscets I have ever seen. Her eyes sparkled, her coat shined in the sun, I watched as she ran towards us. I took this moment of distraction to kick the guard holding me in his underbelly. He gave a muffled bark as I fell to the ground, grasping my neck and gasping for air. The guard turned, anger blazing in his eyes as he pulled his paw back to punch me, or worse. But the female Viscet came in between him and me. I watched as she growled at the guard and pushed him back.

"Get back Charles! Didn't you hear my father's orders! No hurting the villagers!" "B-But... I... H-He tried to rebel... Princes-" "Shut it Charles! You're lucky I don't report you to father right now!" The female shouted at the guard, Charles. He looked like he wanted to object, but she gave him one of the nastiest glare I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen alot. Charles looked away, his face turning red with humiliation and his ears going down. He looked straight at me and gave me a look that told me him and I weren't finished yet. He slumped and went to go stand over by the rest of the guards as the two went dead silent. The female looked around a bit, seeing as all attention was on her she turned a bright red. What was odd was that I had the urge to get and and shield her from the eyes watching just so that she wouldn't be seen by anyone but me. I gave a gruff cough and stood up, wiping blood off my nose. The female turned around and she gave me a shy smile, which surprised me as she didn't seem shy before. She hesitantly took my chin in her paw and examined my face, her eyes flickering to mine for a moment. I told myself to push her hand off my chin, or to snarl at her, she was a Royal after all, and all Royals were greedy sinners who only took and never gave. But she seemed... different, like she could guide me to a better life.... like she was an answer. Her paw felt warm against my chin and I gave her a toothy grin through my blooded face.

"Looks like all hero's don't wear capes." I whispered to her. She gave a laugh, it was so sweet, one of the sweetest sounds I had heard in my short but hard life so far. I held onto it in my mind as she glanced back at the crowd. I willed myself not to reach out and pull her face back to face mine, her eyes healing my darkest thoughts.

"Here, let's go back to the castle where we can get you cleaned up... and I can talk to you." She whispered to me. Her voice was so kind, and with that very sentence my life changed forever.

End of chapter one c:
Total word count: 1,924 words
Last edited by hunny.milk.tea on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
hunny.milk.tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Castle life

Postby hunny.milk.tea » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Chapter 2: Castle life

Quickly the small village I had known as home for my whole life faded until I couldn’t see it anymore. I was sitting in a carriage with the princess, she had requested the guards didn’t need to be in the carriage with us. It surprised me a bit, that a Royal like her would trust a lowly village folk like me, although I guess I didn’t beat her up with her guard as well. She looked at me like I was a stranger, which was to be expected, but she treated me as equal, which stunned me. I looked into her eyes, which shone bright with a certain wonder that made me dreadfully curious what was on her mind. I smiled at her and rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly, knowing I probably looked like a mess.

“So, princess...um, hello I guess.” I spoke trying to break the silence. She laughed her wonderful laugh and looked at me, her smile seeming disarming yet holding an air of elegance. I had never seen a Viscet like her before, so daring yet sweet, serious yet playful at the same time. I tried to act casual but found myself unable to change because she was so welcoming. She scooted closer to me, her nose twitched and I perked my ears to attention.

“There is no need to call me princess, I actually feel kind of uncomfortable with that name. Please call me Skylar.” She spoke softly. I felt my mouth gape for a moment before I closed it and swallowed. A Royal uncomfortable with her title? That was unheard of, but at the same time I liked it. Maybe Royal’s aren’t as bad as the villager’s say… or maybe she was just different. Either way I shot her a smirk and chuckled lightly.

“Ok Skylar, I actually quite like that name, better then just princess. The name’s Alexander, not that it really matters.” I said the last part quickly and looked away. It wouldn’t matter soon, I’d be cleaned up and then put back in my cottage if it’s not already ransacked. Skylar shifted and when I looked up she was frowning, and I worried for a moment that I had upset her. She looked into my eyes deeply and I felt a couple of emotions run through me.

“Of course it matters, everyone in this world matters. If you sit there and think to yourself that nothing matters than it will become a reality.” She paused and looked down, something changing in her position. I watched her closely as I felt the carriage come to a stop and I felt my heart racing. Outside of the carriage will be the castle folks and all the Royals. I felt my feathered mane ruffle as I went ridged. Skylar looked at me, a bit concerned but she stood up.

“Just follow behind me and smile at others. If the wave you don’t have to wave back or anything. Also I like the name Alexander, it suits you.” Skylar said before she put on a smile. But I noted to myself that it was fake, all the warmth that it had held when she spoke with me seemed to be absent as the carriage doors opened. Light shown in and I squinted before a roar of hundreds of Viscets met my ears. Skylar stepped out first and her tail disappeared into the light. I had no other option but to follow and so I stepped out. The light was blinding at first but as my eyes adjusted I was met with a huge building that touched the clouds. I stumbled slightly, my mind fuzzed over with awe at the sight of the castle, it’s architect blowing away any imagination I had of it. gargoyles lined the corners of each spot and it was made from thick stone and molted together by some thick substance. I couldn’t take my eyes off the castle, I seeming like a dirtied ant compared to its greatness. I turned in a circle taking it all in. The castle’s city seemed to stretched for a couple miles, and I could spot a market and hundred of beautiful houses. But what astonished me was the amount of people barely a few feet away from I. Guards had them backed up to give us space, but there must of been hundreds, screaming excitedly. I noticed some were looking at me, either wearing surprised or disgusted faces. I simply gave them glares and joined Skylar who was waving at the crowd and sometimes shaking hands with the castle folk. I gave a breath as all the excitement from the people sucked all energy out of me. All this happening at once was making me dizzy, and I clenched my jaw, my muscles rippling. Skylar dropped her smile for a moment and grabbed my arm, a small smile forming on her maw gave me relief. She nodded to the guards who started to shout inaudible things over the roar of the crowd. I felt the anxiety of the crowd rise through the air as the guards started pushing and yelling, while Skylar lead me through a giant arch. The arch had steel bars that shut immediately after we entered and a shiver ran down my spine as the bars had spiked pointed out, seeming like anyone who tried to enter would meet a terrible death. The castle suddenly didn’t seem so great, still I followed Skylar, her paw leaving my hand as she gave a deep sigh. I wonder what she was sighing about, the crowd, the guards, or maybe me? She seemed out of sorts now, or at least not herself. Even in the short meeting I've had with her I felt like I had known her most of my life. I didn't think getting saved by a princess was any different than being saved by a prince. Everyone should be seen no different depending on what gender. I was broken out of my thoughts when Skylar came upon a door. I stood and waited, looking around at the architect inside the castle walls. It was magnificent, the time and energy it must have taken astonished me. Skylar turned and looked back at me, before pulling me closer to her. I turned a bit red, my ears going back and heat returning once again to my face, her eyes locking on mine.

“Ok listen to me closely. We are going into the castle, and I'm going to take you straight to the nurse. They're going to get you fixed up before my father comes to meet you. But before he comes I'm going to try and see you so we can talk a bit more… until then, I'll see you soon ok?” Skylar whispered to me softly. I nodded, knowing very well if I tried to speak I would voice crack. It's what happens to me when I'm in close quarters with anyone. She smiled before opening the door and stepping in. I swallowed noisily, my throat suddenly dry as I was about to step into the castle. I smoothed back my mane and walked in, my feathers bristling slightly. I entered into the castle and almost fell over when my paws hit the polished tiles. They were slick and shiny, nothing like the rough dirt I had walked on all my life. I didn’t have much time to look around and explore as Skylar was up ahead and motioning for me to follow. I steadied myself and tried to follow her, sliding a couple of times before being able to walk side by side with her. Skylar glided along, being used to walking on the tiles and as she’d turn a corner she’d do so with such grace and flawless effort. When I tried to turn the corner my left leg slipped under me, my claws scraping the tiles noisily as I fell over. Skylar was there within an instant giving me a knowing smile and helped me up. I gave an embarrassed smile and rubbed the back of my neck.

“Um… s-sorry I’m not used to these floors, being on hard dirt all my life has taught me to have rough pads, but didn’t prepare me for this.” I said. Skylar gave a nod and continued to walk, me trailing behind slightly as I was becoming more used to the tiles.

“It’s fine, many new folk slip on the floors at first, it’s natural. But you’re quicker at learning it than most others. Now quickly, come.” Skylar said before picking back up her brisk pace. I gave a deep breath, held up my chin and puffed out my chest, determined not to let the tiles get to me. No further explanation was needed, as many turns later, so many I had lost count, we had reached the medical room. A large red cross hung over a stone arch and inside were many busy nurses, torches hanging from the wall provided the only light except for a huge window in the back of the room. As i peered out the Window I saw that it was an hour or two before sunset and felt a bit uneasy. How late was I going to get home tonight? But Skylar went over and whispered to a couple of nurses who nodded vigorously, some peaking over and looking at me before going back and whispering furiously. I stood there all the while before finally a nurse came over, her eyes looked slightly away from me, as if she couldn’t face me. I could understand, I probably looked like crap, beaten up, dried blood on my fur and paws, dirt everywhere. The nurse cleared her throat and bowed slightly and I tilted my head confused.

“Welcome Mr. Alexander, to castle life."

End of chapter two c:
Total word count: 1,641 words
Last edited by hunny.milk.tea on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
hunny.milk.tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Greetings my king

Postby hunny.milk.tea » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:15 am

Chapter 3: Greetings my King

I was shocked truly when the nurse said those words and looked over to Skylar who simply smiled and waved goodbye. I badly wished to call after her but I was whisked away by the nurses, who were busy preparing many things for me. I silently growled under my breath, wishing for more time with Skylar but time is never on my side. The nurse who spoke to me sat me down in a bed, something I’d only had a hard straw one before. This one was soft and stuffed with cotton or something comfortable and I gave a relaxed sigh. The nurse gave a soft giggle and I looked at her, a small smirk coming upon my face.

“Oh sorry, did I do something wrong?” I asked and she stopped, looking away, her shy eyes wandering back to the other nurses. The first thing I noticed was she was very pretty, her extra fluffy mane taking me in as well as her baby blue eyes. Her tail was long and fluffy, not like any other Viscet I’d seen and her fur was bright and attracted the eye. She looked back at me and simply gave a shake of her head before she spoke.

“O-Oh, no sir, you are fine. I simply just laughed at your reaction you see.” Her voice was high pitched, the noise caring softly through the air. My ears perked up at attention as she brushed her mane back and stood up, going to join the other nurses. I felt suddenly alone, wishing to have Skylar back, even though I should be just fine. I looked back at the nurse who had talked to me, she was small, and she kept looking over at me while preparing the bandages. I admitted to myself she was beautiful, but my mind kept drifting back to Skylar, and how this Viscet didn't even compare to Skylar's grace and beauty. I let my mind wonder to Skylar, her stunning purple and albino mixed coat, her blue/green eyes, and those soft velvety ears. She smelled so sweet, like honey and marmalade. I smiled to myself and felt a slight heat come to my cheeks, but I quickly shook my head. She's a Royal, she's not to be trusted, don't fall under her spell, silently I scolded myself. But I didn't need to distract myself as it seemed the nurses were ready. They came over towards me and the pink female was closest. She placed her paws gently on my chest and I tensed and she pulled back nervously.

“Sorry did that hurt Mr. Alexander?” She asked in her high voice. I clenched my jaw, shaking my head. The other nurses looked at me curiously before gently placing paws on me and pushing me to lay down. I set my head down and tried to relax, my body tensing at every touch. I became extremely uncomfortable and gave a small growl, the nearest nurse jumping slightly at the sound. That got be a dignified snort and a glare.

“Mr. Alexander I would appreciate it if you didn't growl at me thank you! Why don't you eat this and close your eyes, it will make the time pass faster.” The nurse who jumped said strictly. She seemed snooty, just what I had expected and sat up, all four of the nurses working on me suddenly bristling. I would not let them make me eat some unknown thing and tell me to close my eyes, who knows what that thing could do. Looks like I didn't have to wait long for an answer. The small pink nurse came close to my head and was so close I could see my reflection in her eyes.

“Please Alexander just take it. The pill will only last an hour or two so we can tend your wounds. It only makes you fall asleep I promise.” The nurse claimed. Her breath felt hot against my fur and I turned a deep violet, my nose twitching and my feathers standing up. I closed my eyes, thinking for a moment. What could go wrong, so many things. But I guess I don't have a choice. I gave a deep sigh and laid back down.

“Fine… but I wish to know your name.” I spoke roughly, not exactly liking my situation. The little pink nurse looked relieved and gave a nod to the others who began to place their paws back on me. I kept tensing but then the little nurse came back produced a weird drink. I sat up slightly and took a sip, watching the nurses with narrowed eyes. The little nurse gave another giggle as I finished off the drink. I felt suddenly dizzy, and my body seemed to relax. I laid back and tried to move but my body wasn't mine to control anymore. My mind fuzzed over before I heard the last words come from the little nurse.

“My name is Scarlett.” Were the last words uttered before darkness consumed me.

I knew I was asleep. I could feel my myself taking deep breaths, the false sense of warmth in my sleep as darkness held me in its grasp. But I let darkness hold me, sometimes hanging onto that fake sense of warmth and security. I dreaded waking up, knowing I wouldn't be in my cottage. But I couldn't escape it, as I could feel my breathing become unsteady, and light started to break through the darkness. My eyes fluttered open, blinking as light blinded me for a moment. My whole body was sore and rough from the attack of early morning. Finally my eyes adjusted to the light and I found myself alone in a room I’d never been in before. I was lying in another bed, this one had a blanket on it, which rested on my stomach and covered my lower half. I felt the top of my head to feel bandages wrapped around it. I rubbed it and felt a bit of pain. Groaning slightly I swung my legs out of the bed and stood up, getting light headed for a moment. I clutched a window sill for balance, stretching my tail out, my back feathers puffing up. Shaking out a bit i regained my posture and slowly walked towards the door, that weird drink still making me feel waterlogged. I gave a tired yawn when I reached the door, my arm outstretched when I clutched the door handle. I twisted, but nothing happened. The weariness started to fade as I pulled on the door harder, but it wouldn't budge. Panic flooded through me as I pushed and pulled on the door, realizing it must be locked. My feathers stood up on end as I took deep breaths, looking around the room. There was a desk next to the bed, a couple of books and a lamp. There was a small bookcase on the wall but there weren’t any books on it, only a piece of paper. I slowed down, trying to process why they would lock me in this room when suddenly their was a clicking sound coming from the door. I turned, my body tensing through the soreness and I flicked my ears back, in fight stance. The door unlocked and creaked open slightly before blue green eyes meet mine. I gave a small sigh of relief and relaxed as Skylar smiled at me.She came in, her nose twitching slightly as she shut the door behind her. I watched her, before drifting forward, my smile never fading.

“It’s nice to see you again Skylar… I must look pretty bad huh?” I spoke with a chuckle. Some energy seemed to return not only into me but the room as well when skylar walked closer. She breather curiosity and playfulness in her spirit and I admired that… or was that her eyes I was admiring. I caught myself staring and flushed slightly when she rolled her eyes at me, brushing her paw through her mane.

“By pretty bad you mean classically handsome, with your trendy head bandage and to top it all of your charming smile.” Skylar barked a laugh and clutched her stomach where I even admitted that it was a good one, I smirked at her comment. She was so quick witted, but alast, so was I. I winked at her and gave a grin that went as wide as my cheeks could.

“Ahh, finally caught on, I was wondering when you would notice.” I smirked before she gave a laugh and pushed my cheek slightly away from her. Her eyes seemed to sparkle in the light as I realized it was past sunset. She looked as though she wanted to say something but was holding back. I could tell easily by her paws fidgeting by her side, the bounce from one foot to another, her blue green eyes darting off as if she was about to burst. She gave a soft laugh, one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard, holding onto it for as long as I could. She took my paw in her's, holding it up as she started to jump up and down slightly.

“Yeah whatever you say Alexander. But I have a surprise for you! It's time to meet my father, the king. He wishes to see you after your tussle with one of his guards.” Skylar said, her grin growing wider. I felt my feathers puff up and my throat clench slightly. Meeting the king? After what I had done to Charles. This didn't seem like a surprise, more like a nightmare. I quickly let go of her hand and stepped away from her, the energy in the air growing thick as I couldn't seem to catch my breath. The king… he'd have my head for sure after what I had done to Charles. I could see it now, my poor body being taken and viewed by my village folk as a reminder of what happens to those who try to rebel. I gripped the wall closest to me as I could feel Skylar grow concerned. She came up behind me and tried to reach out but flinched when I gave harshly shoved my shoulder.

“Is something wrong Alexander? Surely you must be a bit nervous but my father isn't that scary.” Skylar whispered softly. I whirled around, a look of shock on my face. Then I furrowed my brow, a bit of a scowl forming as I stepped forward. This is just what I should have expected from the Royals, using Skylar to get me here so they can execute me in their fun little games. I can't believe I fell for it, fell for it… fell for her. I pushed that thought quickly away, barely having known Skylar for a day.

“That's what you think Skylar! But your father out there is going to have my head! Of course you wouldn't think he's scary, because you're just...just… you're just a Royal” I yelled, my face red from the effort I had put in the last sentence. Right when I had said those words I had desperately wished to sucked them back up. Skylar looked broken, devastated, her tail curled around her legs as she slumped. I held my breath, and dropped my head, my anger had gotten the best of me. I reached out to touch her, or maybe comfort her at least, but she took a step back, a single tear running down her cheek.

“S-Skylar...I...I” I couldn't find the words, but I didn't need to, she held her head up and wiped away her tear. Her eyes seemed darker, not alighted like they had been moments ago. I knew that dim light, it was the same light she wore when waving to the castle folk. She looked straight through me, as though I became just one of them. I walked forward, but she walked back at the same time.

“Fine, I get it, because I'm the princess I'm a Royal. Just another one of the snotty people who dish out Taxes and don't care about anyone but myself. Be out there in five minutes, the king wishes to speak with you.” Skylar said cold and stone faced. Then she turned and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her. I stood there motionless, thousands of emotions running through my head. I felt like something was broken, it felt like the same heartache when my father passed when I was only two weeks old. I hated this feeling and knew I needed to fix this. I clutched my hand and ran it through my feathers, thinking of what I was to say to her, how to apologize. I spent a couple of minutes thinking and replaying stuff in my head, pacing around. Finally I steadied my shaking paws and opened the door, a figure already standing there. I ducked my head and took a deep breath.

“Skylar, I’m sorry for my a-actions I-” Looking up I stopped short seeing a large male Viscet looking down at me with a skeptical face. He wore a large shiny crown and the air about him breathed royalty. I was shocked and suddenly bowed as a reaction, my breaths becoming face as my heart pumped.

“Greetings your majesty, the King.” I breathed out.

End of chapter three c:
Total word count: 2,227 words
hunny.milk.tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alexander, you're on guard duty!

Postby hunny.milk.tea » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:10 am

Chapter 4: Alexander, you’re a general!

After running into the King he decided to take me to talk in the library, where all the books are stored. I walked silently, each step heavier than the last as I kept my head lowered, to scared to look up at the King. He hadn’t questioned me yet about my apologies to Skylar, not that she had heard them, but still I was a bit nervous. I was walking with the King, my heart racing as we turned a corner. Maybe this was it, this was where it all ended, this is where I die. I wasn't really all to shocked when I didn't feel to bad, my life hadn't been great or anything, maybe I wasn't meant to tell my story. Thoughts of the village lady getting smacked racked through my mind and I swelled with a sense of righteousness. At least I would die for the right thing, for defying the rules of the relentless taxing and threats to the village folk. I held my head up, telling myself I wouldn't die without my dignity, it was one of the only things I had left. Finally we came to giant wooden doors, plates of gold framed around them an above the entrance to spell out knowledge. The King opened the giant doors, and looked back at me, his dark grey eyes locking on me. I followed him before her closed the doors and motioned to a comfy looking chair. I sat down, adjusting myself gently so my feathers wouldn't get smashed like they usually did when I sat back in chairs. The King watched me with careful, calculating eyes before sitting down facing me as the sound of silence filled the air. His grey eyes never left mine as he cleared his throat and fixed his crown slightly before speaking.

“My daughter, Skylar, said you are from a village we rule. You said her name when exiting the guest room. I believe you two have met, when you were… attacking one of my lead guards Charles. Do you deny this?” The King boomed, his voice louder than I anticipated. I swallowed hard, my heart pounding, the next few words could determine if I lived or not. I gave a deep noisy breath, trying to calm my heart as I looked up, barely able to meet the King’s eyes. He looked old, but young in heart, greys in his dark brown fur showed his age. I couldn't shake the tingling feeling down my spine whenever I looked into his eyes. They commanded obedience, something that seemed unavoidable, like you became trapped in his grey eyes, a predator simply watching it's prey. I was clearly the prey here.

“I don't deny this action your majesty. I did attack Charles, but he smacked a young woman with a child and I couldn't simply stand by and take that. In all do respect your majesty Charles deserved all that I did to him.” I said with more ferocity than I wished. But I couldn't help it, anger was something I fed off of, the feeling of gaining energy and using it to attack my problems. Many others could agree with me, it was common for many folk to use this anger, blame it on someone and use this anger to push themselves harder to excel. I watched as the King gave a sly smirk, his eyes darting over to the books before returning back to me, seeming suddenly very interested in our talk.

“Well you did hit him pretty hard, he is out for months after what you did to his throat. You do know that this is punishable by death. Other than your arrogant personality what else do you have to defend yourself rather than this woman and child.” The King said, his eyes narrowing slightly. That's when I realized right then and there that this was a test. The King was testing me, seeing how intelligent I was or if I was just another villager. I had to calm down if I wanted to pass this test, keep my anger under control. I felt my heart start to calm and I nodded my head.

“Of course your majesty, the laws must be upheld. But I would say this, my strength had overpowered Charles for a time until more guards joined in. I'm sorry for what I have done to Charles, but I will protect those I wish to defend.” I said with a calm, but stern voice. Of course I didn't push it by saying I had enjoyed attacking Charles, ever bit of it. That guard had it coming to him so of course I expected myself to enjoy it. But that was past the point of telling the King that, it would be like suicide. But we continued talking, for what seemed like hours until her finally gave a nod and sat up straighter, perhaps to make his final statement before escorting me to the dungeon or something worse, my death. I watched his eyes, as they shown in the dim library light, they were captivating, commanded your attention right into the situation at hand. He drew in a breath while I held mine, nerves getting the best of me as I waited in anticipation.

“Alright after hearing your source I will speak with my council to see what they think of the situation and come up with a decision. But until then you may stay at the castle until we have come to a decision. My daughter, Skylar will be your teacher for a while on proper castle manners.” The King stated before standing up. I felt myself give out a breath, my heart racing as sweat seemed to collect on my forehead. I quickly brushed it away a stood up, my head spinning slightly. So I wasn't going to die, at least not yet anyway. I felt a sort of relief come over me when I heard that Skylar would be my sort of tutor, hoping that with this chance I could apologize to her. The King lead me out of the library and stopped a nearby servant, whispering to him. The servant looked over at me and gave a sharp nod before rushing off down a hall. The King turned back to me and brought himself up, but even with our age difference he was only an inch taller than me. I felt my bandages softly, my head still sore as I regarded the King with his crown shining on his head.

“I ordered my servant to go fetch Skylar, stay here, she should be with you in a minute Alexander. It was nice talking with you and I shall see you very soon.” He spoke loudly before turning and briskly walking off. Just like that I was alone. Millions of feelings swelled through my chest as I gave deep breaths. First I had to get my feelings straight, calming down, deep breaths. I felt myself calm down my eyes clenched and my feathers puffed up. I couldn't hear any sounds, which was surprising for castle life. I tried to focus on the architect as my heart beat slower. Finally I was calm, smoothing back my feathers as I could hear footsteps coming. I didn't need to be told who it was, the familiar purple coat catching my eyes. She looked upset, but also like she was hiding something, something that made her eyes light back up again. She walked forward, her head held upright and her eyes not meeting mine. I hopelessly wanted to lock onto them, get lost into the galaxy she held in them, how the world around us would grow fuzzy and I could just focus on her. She stopped and I looked down at her, since I was slightly taller. She looked away, but I could tell she wouldn't last long, already her glare breaking. I moved my head trying to meet her eyes and she turned away folding her arms. I gave a soft snort and came around her, my tail curling around her feet and she muffled a laugh.

“Skylar… Skylar I'm sorry… do you forgive me?” I called softly, quivering my bottom lip and giving her puppy dog eyes. She gave a growl and swatted at me, but I dodged it and smiled at her, before using my right paw to tickle her ears. She gave a laugh and wiped around, a small smirk on her face. I smiled, my grin growing as I felt her warmth once again fill me.

“Alexander if it weren't for your charm you wouldn't be here and you'd be back in your home safe.” Skylar stated and I simply gave a chuckle, holding her hand, her eyes dancing in the light. She gave a soft sigh, and fell into me, I embraced her in a hug. She smelled so sweet, I had missed her smell even though it's only been a day. Somehow for the first time in my life I felt like I had a friend. I would protect this friend no matter what, I couldn't lose my only friend. I gave a soft laugh.

“Yes but without my charm I wouldn't be hugging the princess now would I?” I said she she pushed off my chest, her smile growing as I looked at her winking. She shook her head, holding her paw to her forehead as she looked at me.

“You are such a dork, come on let me show you around.” She stated and I followed her, to go explore the castle.

It took longer than anyone had expected for word to come in of what were to become of me, the lowly orphan Village boy who had attacked a guard and got him out for months. I was expecting the council to take a week, but one and a half months? I was confused at first when they called me, I had been in the middle of training with Skylar, learning how to read and write. She has helped me out a lot and as we learn more and more lessons our friendship grows. When a servant came in the room at first I had assumed it was to take away our food trays, but then it requested for me to follow him. I had been a bit hesitant, asking if Skylar could come. For some reason the servant was hesitant and finally nodded vigorously before hurrying off. I followed him, giving Skylar a furrowed brow as she lifted her shoulders, giving an ‘I have no clue’ gesture. Flicking my ears back I continued on, Skylar following beside me as the servant quickly turned around multiple corners. Finally he stopped, and motioned towards a large wooden door, above it stated ‘Council hall’. I felt my breath quicken, and my throat clench. My feathers puffed up as I grew nervous, but then I felt a paw hold mine. I looked up to see Skylar giving me comfort, nudging me and fixing my ruffled feathers. She gave a small smile and looked to the servant. He simply looked away, his face turning red as he grew uncomfortable in the company of us both. I gave a soft sigh, my whole body tensing, the door looming ahead of me. Skylar was there, right beside me when the council doors opened. But she wasn't aloud in, and as I turned the servant quickly shooed her away before closing the doors. I felt my feathers puff back up and faced forward, twelve faces all facing me as I entered in, walking slowly. The King sat in the middle of a large stage sort of area, twelve different Viscets seated around him and empty wooden seats filled the area. I felt fuzz under my paws and looked down to see I was walking down a black carpet, the word balance written on it. I swallowed meekly and stopped a few feet away from the stage. All the muffled whispers ceased and all eyes locked straight onto me. I tried my best to hold my head up, my paws behind my back as I stole a glance at each of the faces. I felt sweat trickle down my forehead and cheeks as my feathers bristled, the council all silent, almost like snakes waiting to strike. My mind was whirling when the King stood up, the council following seconds after him. The King lifted up a piece of paper and cleared his throat, the council all leaning towards him as if the words spoken would hold the balance of if they lived or not. I regarded the King with nervous eyes before he opened his maw and spoke.

“Alexander, after a long time of talking, reviewing and arguing the council has come to a decision. Due to your rebellious act and attacking of the guard known as Charles as well as disobeying the laws and orders the council has come to a conclusion. After passing through me the council and I sentence you to serving the guard force from now on to work off your attack. May the work you serve for the Kingdom cleanse your rebellious act.” The King said, his voice louder and clear. But something was hidden underneath, it seemed deadly, like a hidden poison that would soon surface. But I didn't pay attention, I was simply to overwhelmed as I didn't hear the words executed. I smiled and nodded, bowing like Skylar had taught me from her lessons.

“Thank you your majesty, I will be sure to start my duty 6 o'clock am sharp.” I said before the King gave a grin. To bad I was to distracted at the time to notice the true meaning behind my new job. I was soon to learn though.

End of chapter four c:
Total word count: 2,301 words
hunny.milk.tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Got a secret Alexander, can you keep it?

Postby hunny.milk.tea » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:56 am

Chapter 5: Got a secret Alexander, can you keep it?

If I thought my childhood was hard I wasn’t at all prepared for being a guard. I hate to admit it but they train harder than anything on the planet, taking up twelve hours of each day to train and protect and train some more. I woke up the next morning to the sharp sound of bells. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and looked out the window to see the sun barely rising above the hills. A groan escaped my throat as I saw a servant at the door, watching me. My feathers puffed up as I scrambled backwards in bed, before snarling at the servant, who cowered slightly. I remembered last night after the council hall Skylar had explained to me I’d have a servant following me around when not a guard duty to watch me and report back to the king. I let my feathers calm and rubbed my eyes tiredly, a irritation stuck in my core as I narrowed my eyes at the servant. He was quite small and very nervous by his body language. He wore a small gold cap and had deep green eyes, looking as though he wanted to bolt straight from the room and hide under a bed or something. I swung my feet around on side of the bed and removed the sheets. I stretched, my muscles rippling slightly under my fur as I heard a small squeak. I looked over my shoulder to see the servant a bit red in the face and turned to look away from me. I snorted, knowing that I could be pretty attractive to anyone, but that doesn’t mean I liked it. Flicking my ears back I turned and addressed the servant, looking him right in the depths of his dark green eyes. His blush didn’t fade when I smirked at him, my size towering over his as I stepped closer to him.

“So you must be the lucky winner of watching me when I rise in the morning. Tell me, when exactly did you enter my room? Did you watch me sleep?” I asked him. The poor guy looked like his legs would come off from how shaky he was. His pelt was a deep forest brown, like a grizzly bear but darker with the markings of white spots, a lot like a deer. He turned away, the blush reappearing as he cleared his throat..

“Good morning Sir. You are to be ready in 5 minutes to be at the training room for your new work. Also you’re going to need this Sir.” The servant spoke softly, his orange eyes darting nervously around the room. He held out a banana, his paw quivering as I took it, and gave a sigh. I should get used to this, being as so blessed not to go to far punished and put into guard position. But I didn’t know if I’d ever get used to this fidgety servant who looked like his golden cap would bounce off his tiny head at any second the rate he was shaking. I regarded him with slightly warmer eyes, my mischievous smirk disappearing to be replaced with a soft smile. That seemed to calm him down quite a bit as he simply opened the door to leave but I stopped him.

“Wait, if you’re going to be here every minute I’m not on Duty at least tell me your name. I hate the word servant, a word only stupid royals would say.” said, a bit surprised I didn’t fill the world royals with poison like I usually would. Probably due to Skylar, and how I knew she was different. The male swallowed slightly and looked down as if memories were flashing through his head. He paused and looked up at me, hesitating as if he was telling me a deep secret. I raised my brows a tad thinking he wouldn’t tell me, but his soft voice hit the air.

“My name is Fable… Sir, now please get ready, they don’t take to kindly to those who are late to training.” The male stated and shut the door behind him. It was only than that I realized that Fable must be no more than three years old, just a little younger than I. I hadn’t seen him in any villages I would visit, so he must be a royal. Although he didn’t act like it, nor did he give me a disgusted face at the name I called them. I shrugged to myself and removed my button up blue shirt to put on the pads neatly stacked on the dresser. I looked to see my silver helmet, glittering in the candlelight, as if calling my name. With a heavy sigh I lifted it, the weight suprising me slightly as I placed it on. I picked up the banana Fable had handed me and ate rather quickly. My paws scrambled against the tile floors of the castle as I went down many hallways, some dead ends and some leading to the wrong place. Finally I was outside and in the training grounds, everyone lined up with backs straight, ears forward, eyes locked forward. I walked down the line, feeling the eyes of the guards piercing into me, - wip
hunny.milk.tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me