The Death (Narrative Story. Nothing morbid)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Death (Narrative Story. Nothing morbid)

Postby Cion Keiasta » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:47 pm

I wrote this story as my homework and I would appreciate anything positive and some criticism on my story. Thank you :D

The Death

I woke up on a cold, Saturday morning on August 2, 2008 approximately at 7:30 AM and to find out something that would dreadful to a dog owner. My mother came into the bedroom with an expression saying something horrifying is to be told.

My mother told me Chance was hit by a car twice. Now. Let’s wait for a minute. Who is Chance? Well Chance, was my second dog that I ever owned. Chance was about the size of an average standard dachshund (an average weight of 15 lb to 28 lb. and about 9 - 12 inches tall) just a slightly bigger and there you go. She was a snowy white, about seven to eight years old in human years and must had some skin infections as there were some bald patches under her neck to the bottom of her chest. My dad found her a few weeks ago in earlier July while I was at a friend’s house. She was just wandering about on the sidewalks until she took notice to my dad who was gardening taking care of the plants. She went up to him and slightly butted her head to my dad and he finally took notice the stray was there. Lucky who is my first dog and still young came over and took a sniff at Chance thinking she is okay and won’t harm anyone. My dad played with the stray who is soon to be Chance. Then it was time to pick me up so he went took a shower while Lucky was sleeping on the couch. Little did that my dad knew that Chance was dozing in front of the shower. When he was done taking a shower he found out Chance had tagged along with him. So he decided that I would probably want her, so he locked her outside with Lucky in the garage which was spacey and roomy then he went pick me up. Once he arrived at my friend’s house he told me the story about Chance and I was excited to meet her but he warned me that she was old not young and probably isn’t active as a puppy to young adult dog. I didn’t mind just as long Lucky had a friend and I do not judge a dog by their looks and loved all sorts of dogs, big or small, vicious or kid friendly. Once I was back at my house I found out Lucky and Chance liked each other and didn’t dislike each other, I was very joyful and hugged both of them at once. I learned Chance wasn’t a picky eater like Lucky but she was mostly skin and bones at the time but even though she grew fatter but she still ate heartily. I guessed my dad must have been her favorite person as she followed him everywhere even when he is taking a shower. Lucky and Chance must have a mother and daughter bond because I notice Chance took care of Lucky in a motherly way. So we know something about Chance and why I also loved her dearly and I shall continue on the Death.
Minutes later after remembering the sweet memories, I was sobbing really hard that I can create a mini rainstorm with those tears. I couldn’t believe it; my mother was telling the truth. Chance was really hit by a car. I was experiencing a pet dog’s death for the first time. Even Lucky had experience with this incident she was barking and howling because she was depressed like me.
Then my neighbor came and asked and gestured toward Chance, “Is that your dog?”
As I was going to respond, “Yes. That is my dog.” my mom clamped my mouth with her hand and said,” No, that is not my dog.” You readers are probably wondering why she came up with that answer. That is because she wasn’t officially our dog because we didn’t pay for her license yet or even received one and my mom didn’t want to pay the bills. My neighbor left and went back towards his house. My mother’s reply made my cry even harder. Lucky who is still a maniac about Chance’s death was acting up but stopped after a while.
About 10 minutes later, I went back inside the house and called my best friend, Hana, my very close best friend whom I had known about 3 years to counsel with her. Unfortunately, her dad picked up and I told him I would like to talk to but she was sleeping. Her dad told me, “Don’t worry, I’ll wake her up.” and he did. I talked to her and she made me feel and better.
Then, my mom told me what happened. In the morning, Chance wanted to go outside. My mom thought Chance wanted to be with my dad, not with the street. My mom didn’t tell my dad to watch Chance; my dad didn’t even notice Chance was walking by because he was busy with gardening. Then you hear tires squeals, cars honking, and BOOM you hear a dog whimpering as that was Chance dying in pain instead of dying instantly.
At 9:30 AM, my dad and I went to pick Hana up and he drove us to Tiger Woods Learning Center. Around 10 – 15 minutes later, we arrived at TWLC. Once we signed in, we went into the Computer Clubhouse. Hana suggested making a slideshow in memory of Chance and I did. While one of their volunteers asked what happened and explained the story to him. He told me if it would make me feel better he would volunteer at the pet shelter. And I said, “Yes, it would make me feel better.” Every now and then I would remember her and tear up a little bit but I am blessed to know Chance is somewhere blissful instead having a broken bone affecting her ‘til the end.

Last bumped by Cion Keiasta on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:47 pm.
Cion Keiasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me