`☔. rain boots ) ( feel free to post c:

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

`☔. rain boots ) ( feel free to post c:

Postby type. » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:29 pm

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
┏━━━━━━━┓
despite how sad
this probably loo
ks, this is general
ly a happy story.
just you wait. <3
┗━━━━━━━┛

xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''
┌──────────┐

as rain dripped down my window
i watched it from my bed.
ignoring responsibilities
and the pounding in my head.
i feel alone all the time now.
without you, without anyone.
even when i'm with others
i just want to run. run away.
run with you, fly away.
i was the mother, you the chick
you had to fly from the nest
and i let you. and you flew.
now i begin to wonder;
will you ever come back?
i wish i could've kept you here.
you livened up my house.
it's too quiet now, too quiet.
even for a mouse it's too quiet.
it became a home with you.
not just a shelter; a home.
one that we'd own. together.

└──────────┘
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by type. on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
type.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

`☔. rain boots ) ( characters

Postby type. » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:30 pm

xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''xxx'''
┌──────────┐

mary chen (main character)
arthur maxton (main character)
miko fujimoto (side character)
jordan isaac (side character)
sydney rhee (side character)
ansel rosen (side character)
frederick chen (side character)
josie chen (side character)
samuel maxton (side character)
hannah maxton (side character)
ava maxton (side character)
more may come? maybe? idk.

└──────────┘
and bright
██
██
██
██
██
██
DARK
██
██
██
██
██
██
type.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

`☔. rain boots ) ( chapters

Postby type. » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:31 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
1 knock, knock
2 warm weight
3 plan b
4 chapter name
5 chapter name
6 chapter name
7 chapter name
8 chapter name
9 chapter name
10 chapter name
11 chapter name
12 chapter name
13 chapter name
14 chapter name
15 chapter name
16 chapter name
17 chapter name
18 chapter name
19 chapter name
20 chapter name
21 chapter name
22 chapter name
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
23 chapter name
24 chapter name
25 chapter name
26 chapter name
27 chapter name
28 chapter name
29 chapter name
30 chapter name
31 chapter name
32 chapter name
33 chapter name
34 chapter name
35 chapter name
36 chapter name
37 chapter name
38 chapter name
39 chapter name
40 chapter name
41 chapter name
42 chapter name
43 chapter name
44 chapter name
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Last edited by type. on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
type.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

`☔. one ) ( knock, knock

Postby type. » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:31 pm

ARTHUR

Humming innocently, a brunette shifted the frying pan with sizzling scrambled eggs inside and tapped his foot on kitchen tiles to the beat. A record player sang out "I Feel Fine - The Beatles", a song he used to listen to with his dad and sister when he was little. Arthur moved one more little bit of egg to the middle of the pan with a wooden spoon before leaving it, waiting for a bit and continuing to hum gently before scraping it off onto a plate. As he went to get a fork, the doorbell rang a sharp, high sound, and he dropped it on the ground, jumping a foot or two into the air as he always did.

"Jesus," He hissed. "Is it possible to get a new doorbell ring?" He picked up the fork, putting it in the sink and pausing the record. Cautiously, he walked over to the door. Who would be out in this weather to ring him? It was raining buckets outside, surely no salesperson or charity-person would be out today. He hoped not; people pressuring him for donations for starving children in Africa made the boy nervous. He opened the door.

Standing in front of him was not a sight he'd expected to see. An Asian girl (she was probably his age but was much tinier than him, and didn't really look it) stood there shivering, hugging her torso looking at him with wide eyes. She was soaking wet and only clothed in a small pink shirt, black jeans and bright yellow rain boots (which, in fact, were full with water). Chin-length black hair clung to her neck with two little magenta pins holding one side limply. Rain dripped down a face he didn't recognize but couldn't help but pity.

"Uhh.. hi? Do I know you?" He asked slowly, holding onto the door frame. She blinked and shook her head. "I don't think so. I'm s-sorry," She apologized, trembling. Were her lips tinged blue? That couldn't be good. "Do you think I could stay a-at your house for a little while? I just need one night and then I'll be gone. If you l-let me stay I can explain why." She spoke quietly but with confidence, though desperation shined in her eyes. She looked scared.

He shouldn't let her in, if he was thinking rationally. She could be a deceivingly innocent-looking robber or something. But.. that face. She was adorable and seemed truly desperate for somewhere to stay. It's only one night... He thought, knowing he had a whole other room set up for a guest of any sort. His eyes locked on hers and he bit his lip. He couldn't say no to her. He literally could not. "Um, ah.. okay." He said finally. Relief replaced her worrisome features, and he smiled anxiously. "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou," She managed to wheeze out in one breath, stumbling forward and practically falling into him.

Awkwardly helping her stand up properly, Arthur let her inside. He felt a small joy-filled bubble bloom inside his chest. She was so relieved and so much happier that it made him happy. He smiled a little bit, ignoring the water sloshed everywhere from her full boots and dripping skin. "Take off your boots, take off your boots, they'll get water everywhere." He instructed calmly, almost like a mother to a child. She removed her boots, revealing mismatched socks (one was pink with white cats on it, the other had the word "Tuesday" on it) darker than they should be.

"Would you mind if I took a shower?" She asked him meekly. He didn't. She excused herself to his bathroom. Arthur went to sit on his couch for a minute to think. He shook his hands out; there was an unnerving buzz in them, similar to when your hand falls asleep and you try to wake it up, but not exactly the same. It didn't leave him, even as he rubbed his hands on his pajama pants. Oh yeah, He probably looked like a mess; he'd woken up late and not bothered to change or fix his hair. Whatever.

He heard the shower turn on, the sound of water bringing him to his senses. She was soaking wet, and though she could dry off, her clothes couldn't yet. He stood up. She needed dry clothes. He had some. Arthur quickly carried out his mission, grabbing an extra t-shirt and hoodie of his and putting it in the guest room on her temporary bed. He wasn't sure if the girl would appreciate any trousers from him, especially because he was nearly a head taller than her, even though he wasn't that tall (pretty average to be honest). Then again, she was tiny. Doesn't matter. Height difference doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter; she was staying for one night.

He still could've said no, but it would've been very hard. Then she said that she would tell him her story. He loved stories. He liked writing them, even if they weren't very good. He liked writing in general; he did poems sometimes as well. Arthur wrote a lot of things down, whenever he needed to let something out or had an idea. His pencil and notebook were two of his best and oldest friends. She'd sealed the deal. He couldn't say no.

-*-
        MARY

Even steaming water couldn't wash away her parents' angry faces from her mind. She hadn't even done anything wrong; she'd dropped a mug while cleaning it (that didn't break, by the way) and they'd started screaming. Just for no reason. It was mostly her dad; her mom sometimes chimed in, but mostly sat there listening and doing nothing. This time they'd both been yelling. She'd had enough. She'd escaped to from their vocal clutches and into her room, where all she did was put on her boots and open the window. She was used to being the happy girl, the lightener of moods, the one cheering everybody up. She wanted to go back to that, and soon.

But she'd had enough.

Last edited by type. on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
type.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: `☔. rain boots ) ( feel free to post c:

Postby arabella !! » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:05 pm

oh my god this went from 1-100 really fast! very alluring, the first chapter got me hooked. <3

secretly bookmarks
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby type. » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:13 pm

smofir ahh thank you so much! <3
      yes yes we'll find out more about that in the next chapter. c;
      i'm so glad you liked it, i wasn't sure if anyone would find it interesting.
      shrinks away squealing quietly
type.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:18 pm

i'm not really the type who reads like a block of text, tbh when i first saw the post i was a little bit intimidated? aha.

but i don't know if it was the first sentence or what, but my eyes couldn't move off the words and let me tell you this, it doesn't happen very often.
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby type. » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:31 pm

wow
      thank you
      wow
      uh
      i hope my future chapters live up to that
      thank you
type.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby casimir » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:23 pm

i am so happy i stumbled upon this omg yes this is- this is- ah
      i absolutely love the way you write - I could just see what you were portraying and
      if i closed my eyes now and recalled what i'd read i'd see it perfectly again. you
      have a wonderful talent. do not waste it, ok? ok. yes sir.
casimir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

!!!

Postby peachy keen- » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:28 pm

tYPE !!!
    oh my word, i've always adored your coding shh for i am your #1 stalker. i knew you could write, too, but
    w
    o
    w.

this is such a cute, well-written story and i can't wait to read more!!

cas i swear i didn't follow you here. i didn't even know that you had posted until after i did cx
peachy keen-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me