[ the experiment ]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[ the experiment ]

Postby floki, » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:53 am

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

War is what many feared in 25050, and war with Russia would be catastrophic.
To protect the United States, the government has issued an order of human
experiments. Experiments to create the perfect human. A group of highly trained
scientist create a new type of virus that could change the way wars were fought.
But they needed to test this virus to even see if it was effective. A select few were
chosen to live on a island where they would consume small amounts of this virus in
their food. But when things take a turn for the worst, the people of the island begin
to change. Either in good, or in bad ways.
Last edited by floki, on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ the characters ]

Postby floki, » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:12 am

[ name - age - gender - job ]

- Jade Mills - twenty seven - female - police officer
- Christopher Wilder - twenty five - male - a mechanic
- Skylar Rain - twenty nine - female - lead scientist

other characters will be added as the story progresses .
Last edited by floki, on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ the chapters ]

Postby floki, » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:19 am

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
Last edited by floki, on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ chapter one ]

Postby floki, » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 pm

[ the picking ]

"The pickings are today! Aunty Jade, Wake up!" A mob of dark brown curls bounced about a small bed where a woman lie sleeping. "Aunty, wake up already."

Slowly the woman stirred, pushing away the grey covers of her bed. A small groan escaped from her parched lips. Slowly, she opened her dark brown orbs and glanced over at the bouncing ball of joy next to her. After a moment, she smiled and kicked out of the bed. "Okay, okay... I am up."

The little girl grasped for the woman's hand and pulled her towards the bedroom door. She ran right up to the couch and jumped on, saving enough space for Jade to sit next to her. The little girl then reached over for the thin piece of plastic, and powered on the hologram television.

"Wait for me to sit down, little one." croaked Jade as she bent down and scooped up the little girl, kissing her cheek gently before sitting down and cradling her in her lap.

"Aunty...what happens if you were picked?" the little girl asked, blinking lightly.

Jade paused for a moment, watching as a woman appeared on the hologram and began the speech about the drawings. "Nothing will happen, since I won't be picked." she whispered and hugged her softly.

"But what if you are picked? Then what will happen? Where will you go?"

"I don't know, my sweet. All I know is that who ever gets picked is given three days to stay goodbye to loved ones, and to pack and quit their jobs, before they are ushered off to the nearest hover train station."

The little girl frowned as she listened to Jade before glancing back over to the hologram. "That sounds boring..." she whispered and curled up into Jade. "I hope your number isn't picked Aunty."

Jade's eyes glanced down at the red mark upon her arm. A simple ink mark of a few numbers. "I hope so too."

MF Industries are proud to present to you the lucky numbers chosen to be apart of this exciting event. There was a pause on the hologram as the woman pulled out a small glass card. Her eyes scanned over the contents that spilled across it. By now, your ink should be glowing. If the ink is not glowing, you have been picked. Please follow the instructions upon your screen if you are one of the few lucky ones who have been chosen. MF industries are excited to have you! The woman disappeared and a small cartoon began to play.

Jade gazed down at her arm, fear clear in her eyes. The numbers upon her arm was not at all glowing, instead they were dull. "No." she managed a whisper after a few long moments.

The little girl gazed down at her Aunt's arm and began to cry. Her own fear came true as well. "You have to leave... you have to leave me. No, please don't leave." she sobbed as she gripped onto her night shirt.

"Sweetie...I am sorry." Jade caressed her cheek gently and held back her own tears. "I... I didn't know. Baby, I will never leave you...I will find a way to stay. I promise."
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me