Wren's 100 one-shot challenge.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Wren's 100 one-shot challenge.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Hey. There's a challenge going around to write 100 short stories, and I'm going to try it! This is the list, I'll mark them off as I finish.

Click here for more information, and if you want to join
Quick warning. I started these... over a year ago. So the first ten or so are pretty bad...

The List
Injured {Done!}
Sinking {Done!}
Father {Done!}
Exploit {Done!}
Boredom {Done!}
Art of Conversation {Done!}
Take your Best Shot {Done!}
Creativity {Done!}
Flash {Done!}
Puzzling Words {Done!}
Ill {Done!}
Skeleton {Done!}
Nothing {Done!}
Servitude {Done!}
Possibilities {Done!}
Weightless {Done!}
Just Say It
Last Words
Immature
Blazing
Help
Presence
Because
Forced
Reversed
Cast Away
Emotions
Questions
Wishing
Crackling
Curl Up
Together
Look Again
Brief
Space
Special
Jinx
Stop Fussing
Cozy
Breaking
Either Or
Tell Me a Story
Waiting
Willpower
Who Am I?
Idol
Unseen
Just Try
For Me?
Your Choice! (You got to 50!)
Useful
Treasure
Ceremony
Lightning
Protection
Stay With Me
Mint
Rescue
Dominant
Thief
Deserter
Stolen
Sarcasm
Darling
How Much is too Much?
Over
Try Again
Hidden
Forgotten
The First Time
Aging
Soldiers
Justice
Tread Carefully
One False Step
Connection
Mess
It Can't Be
In Due Time
Awake
Delicious
Fallen
Trickery
Around the Bend
Well Traveled
Choices
Surplus
Rough
If
Friend
Found Not Lost
Spiral
Deep
I Could Have
Desirable
Resentment
Build Up
Inch by Inch
Dilemma
Blue Sky

It might take a while! Btw, fell free to post suggestions tips and critic, in fact, please do! Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 34 times in total.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#1 Injured

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:42 pm

#1 injured.
"James!" Rose cried, pushing her way through the battle. She stabbed a man in the belly, and swung her sword around, decapitating another. Soon she had made it to him. "Oh James! You're alive!" She said, hugging him.
The war between the two countries had been raging for a year. Rose was the princess of the country Flimbit, and James was a Knight in her army. They had meet in battle six months before. They met often, and Rose fell in love with him. She had to keep it a secret, because her father would never approve. But, Rose often did thing her father wouldn't approve of, such as, well, a 17 year old princess shouldn't be near a bloody battle, much less be in one! Her father thought she was safe at home. James had been on the border when news came that Coria, the other country that was attacking. Rose had feared he was dead. She had lived a month with him dead, and she could hardly believe he was alive.
"James, is it really you?" She asked. The other man nodded.
"Oh, Rose, I missed you so much!" He said, hugging her tight.
"You look sad, what happened?" Rose asked him. He hesitated,
"I don't want to talk about it." Rose nodded, she wouldn't push it.
"I thought you were dead!" The battle raged on around them, they were both oblivious.
"Rose, I'm sorry, but I have to." James said quietly, Rose looked up,
"What the matter?" She asked. But he didn't answer.
"I have orders." He said, and pulled out his sword.
"James...?" Rose said, gripping her own sword. He looked at her, his eyes filled with tears.
"I'm sorry" he whispered, and thrust his sword forward, stabbing her.
"James!" Rose cried, in agony. He looked away, and another knight stepped forwards and engaged him in battle. Rose sank to her knees, she felt like her heart was breaking.
"Why!? I thought you loved me!" She thought. She felt herself slipping into oblivion. The last thing she saw, was James engaged in fighting another knight.

When she woke, she was lying in her bed in the palace. For an instant, she had forgotten what had happened. But when she moved, a sharp pain ran up her belly. She screamed, it hurt so much. But what was worse, was who dealt it. She felt she was injured both inside and out. The door opened, and her father and the palace doctor entered.
"You're awake." The king said. "This is your own fault. If you had stayed in the palace, like a proper lady, this would never had happened." Rose sighed, he acted like he didn't love her. He had been like that ever since her mother had died, when she was 5.
"Sire, if you are only going to destress her, then I will ask you to leave." The doctor said.
"It was you who wanted me to come." The king said, as he tuned and left the room. The doctor sighed,
"Poor girl." He muttered. He walked over to Rose, and asked her how she was feeling
"Fine" she said. The doctor smiled.
"You and every other injured warrior." He said.
"Is there a man named James in the prisoners, or the wounded?" Rose asked him. The man frowned,
"Now, let me think....tall, black hair, blue eyes?" He asked. Rose nodded,
"Is he ok?" She asked.
"He's one of the prisoners, why are you asking after him?" Rose didn't answer, but tried to get up. Her wound caused her to sit back down.
"I need answers." She said. "And only he can supply them."

A few days later, Rose was well enough for visitors. She asked the doctor to send James in. He had done so, but a guard was out side, ready to come in at a moments notice. James was sent in, and they were left.
"Why?" Rose asked him "I thought you loved me. Do you know how much agony you caused me? And not just through my wound." James looked down.
"When the border was taken, all the Knights that were not killed were taken prisoner. I was one of them."
"Well, your obviously not dead!" Rose snapped.
"Let me finish!" James said. "We were taken to a large prison, and interrogated. They got everything out of us. They had made some sort of truth potion. We had to say. They knew of me, and gave me orders to kill you. I had to do it! Trust me, I would NEVER do that. They made us drink another potion, one that would never wear off until the task was completed, or the King of Cordia was dead."
"So, your still a danger to me? How are you not trying to kill me now?" Rose asked.
"I feel the urge to, it's taking all of my strength not to do it. I have to leave, and soon! Out of the country, I will be able to resist it. We can't be together until the war is won." He said sadly. Rose sighed, her heart wasn't as broken, but she still didn't completely trust him.
"I will see you after that, then. My trust in you has been injured. Maybe after the war, thing will be different."
James nodded, and left her presents. Rose called in the guard and told him to let James go in peace. An hour later, she heard a horse leaving the palace. She limped to her window, and saw James riding away.
"Will I ever see him agin?" She wondered.
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#2 Sinking

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:00 pm

#2 Sinking.
The wind was blowing back her long brown hair. Eliza stood at the front of the ship, looking over the side into the deep water. She smiled, the feeling was wonderful. As was her new life going to be. She was 10 years old, and all she had known was work, bullying and hunger. But now, she had been adopted. When she was just 2 months old, she had been dropped at the door of the orphanage. There was no note, no name, nothing. She was called Kathy, but she preferred the name, Eliza. She introduced herself as Eliza, so that was her name. She was ugly, or at least, the girls at the orphaned told her. She had grubby brown hair, was short, covered in freckles, and pale white. But she didn't care. She had been adopted, not the other girls. That had been satisfying. And now she was free of their teasing and bullying. She shook her head, now was not the time to think about the orphanage. She would forget about it.

Eliza stepped down from the edge of the ship and began to explore. She hadn't seen much of the ship, only her room and the deck. Looking around, she saw the lady that had come with her. She was taking four girls over the sea to America. Eliza had lived in England, but now she was adopted! She walked over to her.
"Hello, Mrs. Smith." She said.
"Hello, Kathy," Eliza scowled at her other name, "have you met the other girls?" With out waiting for an answer, she continued, "No, you haven't, go and play, I can't look after you the whole trip." She shooed them off.
"Hi, I'm Emma, and I'm 9," said the youngest girl, a pretty blond, blue eyed girl.
"I'm Lucy, and I'm 11" said a wild red headed girl.
"I'm Eliza, and I'm 10" Eliza said.
"I'm Jill, and I'm 14" said the oldest, she had black hair and green eyes. "And Mrs. Smith said your name was Kathy." Eliza scowled,
"I called myself Eliza, they just made up Kathy!" She snapped.
"Little girls shouldn't have a temper." Jill said, acting like an adult. Eliza opened her mouth to snap back, when Emma interrupted.
"Don't fight! We're friends!" She cried. Jill snorted.
"Go away, little girl!" She snapped, pushing Emma. The girl stumbled, and tripped, falling to the deck. She burst into tears. Lucy and Eliza knelt down to comfort her.
"Don't be a cry baby!" Jill said. Eliza stood.
"Stop it! I've had enough with bullying!" She stood, and pushed the bigger girl. Jill's eyes widened.
"Why you little..." She cried, pushing Eliza back. Suddenly, the whole ship rocked. Emma, who had just stopped crying began agin.
"I hate cry babies!" Jill shouted, "it's just the waves!" She walked over to Emma, and the girl stopped crying, swallowing her tears in fear.
"I hate bullies!" Eliza cried, and would have hit Jill if the sailors hadn't interrupted her.
"ABANDON SHIP!" One of them cried. "We've sprung a leak! Women and children first!" Jill looked up in alarm.
"Outa my way, cry baby!" She said, pushing Emma back down as she ran to the life boats.
"Let's go!" Eliza cried, helping Emma up. The three girls ran to another lifeboat. The ship was starting to tilt and the girls were finding it hard to stay upright. They held hands, Emma in the middle. Soon, they made it to the life boat.
"Get in girls, we have room for one more, after you." The man near by helped them in" the climbed in, but Emma suddenly started crying for her doll.
"I'll get it!" Eliza said, jumping out of the boat. "Don't leave with out me." She began running back to their cabin. She rushed in, and grabbed the doll on Emma's bed. She also saw a picture with Lucy and her family on it and grabbed that. Then she ran back to the boat. When she got there, it was getting let down.
"Emma! Lucy!" She shouted, and the girls looked up. "I might see you in America!" Then she threw the doll and picture, and saw them catch them.
"Thank you, Eliza!" She heard Lucy call. Eliza looked around, there was only one boat left, and it was on the other side of the ship. She ran to it, but the ship suddenly shuddered and Eliza slipped. She screamed, only just catching herself on the railings. She dangled over the raging water, holding on with only one hand.
"Help!" She cried. She looked down into the water, and saw a life boat. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. Then she let go. She screamed as she fell, but her scream was cut off as she hit the water. She came up, gasping for breath. She looked around, and saw the boat.
"He-" she began, but was forced under water by the waves. She pushed up, and soon came to up. She hardly had enough time to breath before the was pushed under agin. When she came up agin, the life boat was just in front of her. She saw a girl leaning over the side, vomiting. Everyone else was huddled together.
"Help!" She cried, and was sucked under again. The girl she had seen put her hand in the water, and pulled her up. But when Eliza saw who it was, she was afraid.
"Hullo, Kathy." Jill said, with a smile.
"Help." Eliza said, painting. Jill was pulling her in, when a huge wave crashed over them and she let go. Weather she meant to, or if she let go in surprise, no one knows. But Eliza was swept away, and pushed under. She came up agin, gasping, but the life boat was already for away. Another wave pushed Eliza down. Each time it was harder pushing up again. Eliza felt herself wreaking, and the next time she was pushed under, she felt a blackness coming. She tired to fight it, but she couldn't. She stopped fighting and the last of her air floated in a bubble up to the raging waters above. Eliza sank deeper into the sea, and was never seen again..
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#3 Father

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:09 pm

#3 Father.
I looked outside, at the snow falling past the window. This reminded me of a day, 15 years ago. I had just gone to the hospital, to pick up my wife who had had her first child. She was so happy, the baby was a healthy young boy, we called him Isaac. On the way home, it was dark, and I think the other driver was drunk. But we had a crash, and my wife died. I was knocked out, and when I woke, I was in the hospital. My wife was dead, and my new son was missing, presumed dead. That was the worse day of my life. I spent the next six months morning them. Eventually, I got married again, and soon I had a new daughter, Emily. Now she is 13, and a beautiful young woman. Speaking of her, she's home from school now.
I stood, forgetting my past for a while.
"Dad! I'm home! Is mum back yet?" She asked, walking into the living room where I was. My wife worked at a supermarket, and I did my work from home.
"No, mum still out." I said, hugging her. "How did school go?" I asked, as I always did.
"Good." She said. I smiled, teenagers these days seem to only be able to say that.
"Of course." I said with a grin. She smiled. Suddenly, Buster, our dog came running in.
"Hey, boy," Emily said, hugging him and getting covered in sloppy kisses. I smiled a little sadly. Putting the dog down, Emily looked at me,
"You look sad, dad." She said. I nodded, remembering my first family always made me a little sad. "Was it your son and first wife?" She asked, she always seemed to know what I'm thinking. I nodded again,
"They're in the past now." I said, not telling her that today was the 15th anniversary of the incident.
"But they're still part of you dad." She sighed, and I knew she was wondering what it would be like to have an older brother. I smiled, patting her head,
"Yes, they're still part of me, I'll never forget them. But you're my family now." She nodded, and looked at the clock on the wall.
"Oh, wow. it's 4 already, my favourite tv show is on." She ran into the tv room, and I heard a silly teenager show playing. I smiled, and sat down to my work.

The young man sighed, it was his 15th birthday. But he had no friends to share it with. He looked around his foster home. He had been handed around and passed from family to to family for his whole life. He had never known a mother or father, and the only siblings he had had were mean and didn't like him. He often thought of what had happened, why his parents abandoned him, if he had ever had siblings. If he was a first child or the youngest. He sighed,
"Better get used to being passed around like unwanted baggage. Huh, I don't even have a real name!" He said. When he was found, he didn't know how or where, his first 'family' had called him Bob, and that was what he was called. He sighed,
"Bob, what an amazing and original name," he muttered sarcastically. His currant older sister, Ann, walked in.
"Hey, Bob." She sneered, "Matt's coming over, and I don't want him to know I have to have you as a brother. So stay outa my way, ok loser!" She said. Bob had never had any friends, because his foster siblings had made sure he was unliked. He didn't know why, they just didn't like him.
"Fine, you hang out with your stupid boy friend." He snapped, walking to his tiny room. He sat down by his computer and opened to to a page he often visited, 'Find Your Family'. Sighing, he wondered how he could find his family if he didn't even know his name! He began looking through people who had lost their son his age, maybe today there would be something? And there was. Bob could hardly believe his eyes, a man had been in a car crash, 15 years ago, after picking his wife and newly born son up from the hospital. His wife had died, and his son had disappeared. He had married again, and had a daughter. His son was called Isaac.There was a picture of the man, he obviously hoped his son was still alive so regularly came on. Bob hardly dared to click the picture, what if he wasn't this man's son? He snorted, he wasn't. But as the picture loaded, he saw he looked very similar to the man, sure his nose was more button like, but he could had go that from his mother. He had the same eyes, and hair colour. Bob pinched himself, this couldn't be true! At the bottom of the post, there was a phone number and address. Looking at the address, Bob saw the house was only a few blocks away. Not thinking, he stood, and pulled on a coat, it was cold outside. He ran out of his room, and through the living room. Ann glared at him as he passed, her boy friend was there. He didn't care though. He ran out into the street and down the road. As he neared the house, he began thinking. What if he was wrong? What if the man decided he didn't like him? He steeled himself, there was nothing to lose, he didn't have a family, and if he didn't do it, he would never forgive himself.

I sat at the table. We were in the middle of dinner. My wife had come home an hour before and had made dinner. Emily was telling us about her day, she would always tell us at dinner and not before. Suddenly, we heard a knock at the door. Emily stood to answer it. She came back a minute later,
"Dad, someone wants to see you" she said. I stood, and walked to the door, who could it be? At the door, a young man, about 15, was standing in the snow on our door step. I hardly believed my eyes.
"Isaac? Is is that you?" The boy looked at me, it was, he had his mother's nose!
"Dad?" He said. I ran to him and lifted him into a great bear hug. I felt the tears pricking my eyes. The boy, Isaac, my son! was hugging me back.
"I always wanted a father." I heard him whisper.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#4 Exploit

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:43 pm

#4 Exploit.
The wind howled through the trees. Storm puffed his fur up around him, it was soo cold. He shivered, knowing he had to find shelter soon. Through the woods he traveled, cursing himself for traveling so late in the season. He had left the human town to find somewhere in the woods to live, but he left it to late, and now was lost, cold and had no food. A sudden blast of wind nearly knocked him off his feet. He hissed at the wind, and forced his way forward. Suddenly, he saw a cave. Hardly able to believe his eyes, he ran in. The break from the wind was incredible. He lay down on the floor, and soon fell asleep, overcome with exhaustion.

When he woke, he was aware of someone else in the cave. He was so tired when he first entered that he hadn't noticed. He walked to the back of the cave, and saw a young she cat, fast asleep. She stirred and Storm saw she was beautiful. She was mostly white, but her belly had a black stripe going down it. Her eyes opened, revealing them as blue.
"Ahh! Don't hurt me!" She cried, shuffling backwards, to the back of the cave. Storm was a little taken aback.
"It's ok, I won't. I'm Storm," he said, he was never one with the ladies.
"I'm ah, Flower..."she said, flashing him a shy smile.
"Flower, beautiful" he muttered, "what are you doing out here?" He asked. To his surprise, she started crying.
"Oh, it's horrible." She sobbed. "My mate, he, he....ohh." She started crying more.
"Ah, Umm, you don't have to tell me" Storm said awkwardly.
"Noo, it's ok. I need to tell someone any way." She said. "He-he left me!" She started wailing again. Storm sighed, this female was starting to get on his nerves.
"Look, stop crying. Tell my why" he said, trying not to get angry at her.
"We-we lived with humans, a-and, *sniff* he didn't want me to have our kits at the humans house, so-o we we-ent out into the *sob* woods, and i-it was so cold and when we found this cave he *wail* said *sob* "I don't like you, your going to stay here, and the humans will like me the best. Then he left me!" she broke down and sobbed. Storm sighed,
"Can you hunt?" He asked. Flower looked up,
"What do you think, fur ball! I'm a house cat." She said angrily.
"Fine, I'll have to hunt for you," Storm said reluctantly. Flower looked at him
"You'd do that? Really?" She asked, purring softly. Storm nodded.
"But not now, it's too windy, all the prey will be in their dens." He said. Flower nodded, and settled down to sleep.

Later that day, the wind died down. Storm woke when the wind stopped, the quite was intense. He stretched, yawning. Then walked out to go hunting. He had to walk some way before he found prey, and it was scrawny and thin. He caught two mice and headed back to the cave. When he arrived, Flower was crying again.
"He left me too*sniff*" she cried. Storm walked in,
"Here, food." He said. She looked up.
"Oh Storm,I thought you left me too!" She said, eating one of the mice. Storm eat the other. He had a good look at flower and saw she was a lot thinner then the average house cat, let alone a pregnant one. He shook his head, she was helpless, and who knew how long she had stayed in the cave since her mate left her.
"Thank you Storm." Flower said, licking her lips. "I'm full now." Storm frowned, she would be used to eating a lot more at her house. He shrugged, she would be hungry, and the mouse may have filled her. She yawned,
"I'm going back to sleep," she announced, "you keep watched, there may be hostile cats around" she said as she curled up and slept. Storm looked at her, she was a little bossy and whiny, but she was helpless and he had to help her. He decided he would lead her back to the human town the next day. He lay down, keeping an ear open for hostile things. He was drifting off to sleep, but jerked awake. He had heard something. He stood, sniffing. Yes, he smelt a fox. He flexed his claws, hoping it wouldn't find them. He waited, but the sent came closer. Suddenly, it appeared in the entrance of the cave. Storm hissed, and jumped on it, before it reacted. The fox yelped in surprise, and threw him off. Storm landed on the ground, dazed. He forced himself up, expecting to see the fox over him. But what he saw surprised him. Flower was facing the fox, hissing.
"Got outa my home, Furball!" She hissed, swiping him on the muzzle. The fox growled, and swiped back at her. Flower jumped back, and it missed her. She scored a hit on its eye, and it ran, yelping away. Storm stood, shaking his head.
"How? Your not a house cat, are you?" He hissed at Flower. She shook her head. "You used me!" He scowled. "You can hunt, and I bet your not pregnant." She nodded.
"I'm sorry, I was tried of looking after myself. I wanted you to help me. It was hard to keep up the pathetic house cat though." She said sadly. Storm looked at her.
"What's your real story?" He asked her.
"I was born a loner, in this cave. My father abandoned my mother before I was born. And my mother died a moon ago. I guess I'm not used to looking after my self yet." Flower said.
"Why didn't you tell me the truth?" Storm asked.
"I thought you wouldn't help me." She answered. Storm sighed,
"I'd help you more if you'd have told me the truth." He said. Flower nodded,
"I suppose you'll go back to your home now?" She asked. Storm hesitated,
"Well, I don't really have a home. Could I stay with you? You'd have to do some of the work." He said.
"Really? You'd stay after what I did?" Flower asked, and Storm nodded. "Ok, and tomorrow, you let me do the hunting." She said with a grin. Storm smiled back,
"Sure." He said.
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#5 boredom

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:03 pm

#5 boredom.
'Drip....drip....drip' the water dripping is the only sound. "Drip....drip....drip,' it is getting on my nerves. "Drip....drip....drip,' when will it stop! "Drip....drip....drip.' I look around my small cell. 'Drip....drip....drip' it was a simple stone cell, with no windows. In one corner there is a wooden bed. The door was opposite it. I think that's all. 'Drip....drip....drip' oh, yes, how could I forget? I another corner, there is a steady dripping of water. 'Drip....drip....drip'. Well, I guess that since there's nothing else to do, I'll tell you how I got here.

"Look out!" I looked up at the call, dodging the club that was swung at me.
"Thanks!" I called to my friend, Omar. He grinned, holding out his hands. I knew what he wanted, I threw the bread I was holding, and he caught it. "I'll catch up with ya!" I called, and he nodded, sprinting off. Knowing the orphanage had food, I turned my attention to my immediate trouble. What was that again? Oh yeah, the angry stall owner, swinging a heavy club, that was it! He swung it at me, and I ducked, jumping up right under his nose.
"Missed me!" I called, tweaking his nose and darting off again.
"Little thief!" He roared. Did I mention he was angry? I darted behind him, liberating him of his full money bag. I stuffed it into my shirt pocket, and skipped backwards.
"Can't catch me, fatty!" I called, climbing a near by wall. The man was now bright red.
"Come back here!" He cried. I had reached the top now.
"Make me!" I called, dangling his money bag from the top.
"Drop the money bag, boy" I heard a voice behind me. Turning, I saw the soldiers.
"Hello, peacocks." I said, I had always thought they looked a little ridiculous in their bright green and blue uniform.
"Drop the bag." The leader replied. I shrugged, and jumped off the building. I knew there was a ledge under me, but for the first time, I missed it. I fell to the ground, and landed with a thud. I felt myself blacking out.

So there you have it. When I woke, I was here. Now what? The peacocks wouldn't be back, for a while, I've been here enough to know that. Yeah, this isn't my first trip here. Though, this cell doesn't have windows. I guess I've escaped so many times they're being more carful. I should introduce myself. I am Tomas, the best thief in Bolltings. I am 15 years old I am short, which is good, and I have wild red hair, green eyes and freckles all over my face. At least, that's was I looked like last I looked in a mirror. I don't care about my looks anyway. Right, now for a way out. I look around again, winching as my body moves. I am still hurting from my fall in the market place. I grin at the thought, Omar was a boy after my own heart, he would take the bread home. Looking around, I see the door has no window, like a lot of them do. And this time, they remembered to take my lock picking things off me. 'Drip....drip....drip' .Aah the lovely dripping. Not! Arrrgh! I need to do something! The roof is to low, so I can't climb the walls. So there is nothing to do. Umm. Oh, look a rat. I look at the rodent, I'm not scared of rats. huh, I'm not scared of anything. The rat wanders to the puddle the dripping water has made. It drinks its full, and wanders off. I watch it as it goes into a small hole. Bye bye ratty. Come back soon. Now what. I'm thirsty. The dripping has a use! I put my open mouth under the drip, stopping the infernal noise for a while. When I have drunk, I go sit on the bed. I pull out a piece of rock, and carve my name in the wall. Now what. I said hi to the rat, had a drink, caved my name on the wall, Umm, oh yeah, bang my head against the wall in boredom. Ok, Oww, that was a bad idea. Right time to escape. The water constantly dripping through the roof may have made it weak. Let's try it. I walk to the corner, and push against the roof. I am rewarded with the stones moving. Grinning, I push harder. The dripping turns into a steady stream of water. Now I push even harder. The rocks begin to move. I back away from the corner. You know I told you before, I wasn't afraid of anything? Well, I may have lied a little. I can't swim, so I'm afraid of water. I am worried now. Suddenly, the rock comes out, and a stream of water comes out. I walk to the hole, well, wade, and see only water flowing out. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. There's no way I'm going up there. I turn, and see the water already at the door. Then I have an idea. I wade to the door, and lean against it with all my might. The water is raising, and it is pushing against the door as well. I see the hinges begin to bend, and then the door pops open. Hurrah! The water flows through the door, but is not deep. I look back to my cell, feeling a little sorry for the rat, and quickly hurry along the path. I soon find the guard room, and retrieve my things. (The guard was fast asleep.) then I find the door, and unlock it with my lock picking things. I am free. Tomas triumphs again! I run back to the Orphanage, and see the children just finishing the bread I stole from the stall owner. They cheer as I come in.
"Hurrah for Tomas. Hurrah for Omar!" They cry. I smile, the children are fed for another day.
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#6 Art of conversation

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:01 pm

#6. Art of conversation.
Authors note, when I saw this, I thought, Tomas. I am still writing it first person, but in past tense, I find present is to hard to write in.

I clutched the bread to my chest as I ran, Omar in front of me. He was carrying another loaf of bread and a large slab of meat. Behind us, as usual, ran an angry stall owner. We had stolen some food, again, from the local market, and were running through the streets. We were running away from the orphanage, since we didn't want the peacocks find out we were stealing for the orphanage. I have never stolen for myself, only for the orphans. Sure, I get benefits, since I live at the orphanage, but I do it for the younger ones.
"Come back here!" I heard the man chasing us shout. I snorted, as if we would stop for him. I put on a burst of speed, passing Omar.
"Here," I said, tossing him the food. "I'll lead them away." He nodded, and sprinted off, holding the food. I didn't stop to see him go, I ran, calling out to the man as I went.
"Can't catch me!" His face was bright red and he was very angry. I sprinted around a corner, right into one of the peacocks. Jumping back, I dodged his arms as he tried to grab me, and I didn't think he wanted to give me a hug. He shouted and more peacocks appeared. I scowled, I was surrounded. Looking up at the wall, I knew instantly I couldn't climb it. It was just too high and there were not enough hand holds. But, it was the only way out of this so I jumped, hoping to put some room between me and the peacocks. As my feet left the ground, I felt a hand on the collar of my shirt and i was jerked back. I hit the ground heavily and the peacocks lifted me to my feet, I was caught. Pulling me up, the dragged me back to the guard barracks. They shoved me into one of the cells. I wasn't worried, I could easily get out of this. Just as I thought this, the door was opened and a peacock entered. He grabbed me and marched me out of the cell. I was marched through the jail, and into a room. It was small, and sparsely furnished. There was only a desk and two chairs. I was pushed into one. Sitting on the other, behind the desk was a man, Mark, the leader of the peacocks. The man escorting me tied me to the chair and left. As the door closed behind him, Mark turned to face me.
"Tomas, do you know why you're here?" he asked. I shrugged.
"Coz you don't like me getting food for myself," I said. It wasn't a question, it was a statement.
'No, we don't like you stealing," Mark said slowly as if talking to a young child. I snorted,
"Well, how am I going to feed myself with out stealing? It's not as is you give out free food.' Mark closed his eyes, I think I annoyed him. Hey, I'm good at that.
"Look at is this way, you have stolen food at least nine times. The next time you do you will be banished. Then you won't be able to help the orphanage." I shrugged, ignoring for now the fact that he knew I was stealing for the orphans.
"You'll have to catch me first," Mark raised his eyebrows,
"We've done it before, it's only a matter of time before we catch you again. Unless you stop stealing." I decided it best not not to mention the times he hadn't caught me. Trust me, there more then the times he caught me.
"What should I do then? Become a travailing seamstress?"
"You will have to find a job yourself," Mark said. I snorted again.
"So, you forbid me to do the only thing I can do, then don't help me find something better to do? You're just worried I'll steal your things next!" I watched his face, and noted the surprise that flashed across his face. That was exactly what he was worried about.
"Well, guess what! When I get back to the street, I'm going to you house." I had no intentions of doing that, but it would make him guard his house against me. He glared at me.
"Oh, yes. Do that, then I can catch you and sent you away from the village with no money!" I had angered him. Good. I shrugged.
"Then I'll come back. Banishing me won't keep me away."
"If you come back after banishment, I will have the right to execute you!" Mark's face was bright red, I had the advantage despite being tied to a chair.
"Yes, but you overestimate your peacocks abilities, they have only caught me nine times."
"Ahh, but they only have to catch you once." I shrugged again, I cared little for the peacocks.
"Why don't we stop speaking of future advents. I assume you didn't call me here to have a nice chat of the future?" I said innocently. He glared at me again. People do that a lot.
"If you don't stop stealing, I will send me to the orphanage and kill all the children there." That got my attention.
"If I don't steal, they will die anyway," I said. He just smiled.
"So you admit you're stealing for the orphans. Interesting." I glared at him.
"And I will keep doing so unless they have another means off getting food. They are people too."
"Ah, but they are orphans, no one needs them. Just like no one needs you."
"They need me. And so do you, who else would you have nice chats with?" He stood.
"I think our 'nice chat' is over for today," he said. Interesting, he does need me. The guard entered and escorted me back to me cell. Within 1/2 an hour of him closing the door I was back at the orphanage. They never learn.
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#7 Take your best shot

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:56 pm

#7. Take your best shot.
"A little higher, no... that's better, pull back, good. Now fire!" Rose let the arrow fly form the bow, and watched in satisfaction as it hit the target.
"Good shot, but a little lower next time," her instructor said. Rose nodded, stretching her aching back muscles.
"I'm not used to this sort of thing," she muttered. The instructor snorted.
"Well, get used to it. You are the princess after all," he snapped. Rose sighed, when her father had said she was going to be starting archery, she thought it would be easy. The strict teacher and aching back told a different story. Mark, the teacher, made Rose use all her back muscles, and Rose discovered muscles she didn't know existed. She longed to get back to sword fighting, but after the last battle, her father forbade her go out of the palace. She had protested, saying that there was a war to be fought, and she needed to help her people. She also wanted the war to finish for her own reasons. She missed James. The instructor saw her focus straying and brought her back to the peasant by shouting, "Princess Rose, The target won't shoot itself you know!" Rose groaned and picked up her bow.

A few days later, the soldiers from the front returned.
"THE WAR IS WON! THE ENEMY IS DEAD!" they cried. Families greeted the news, and their men, enthusiastically. In the palace, a great banquet was prepared, and the party went on for days. But all Rose thought of was James. The war was over, would he come back? Did he still want her? These thought filled her mind as the days passed. The days turned into weeks, and the weeks to months. Rose's 18th birthday came and when, and still there was no news. Rose began to think James didn't love her anymore. But one day, about half a year after the end of the war, a young street beggar gave Rose a note. When she asked where he had got it, he answered, "My mam got it from a man in Tollings." Tollings was a small town near the border. Rose thanked the boy with a coin, and opened the note in the safety of her room.
'Rose, I can't come back yet. I wish I could, but he still has me. If I go near you, I will still want to kill you. I will get rid of him, then I will return. Rose, you must not follow me! If you do, I don't know what I'll do, It will just make it harder. James.' Rose clutched the note close. He still wanted her. She knew he would come as soon as he could. She read through the note again, and noticed the date. It was 5 months ago. He should be back by now. Rose hesitated, then came to a decision, she would go to the palace mage, and ask him for a potion that would reverse the potion he had been given. Standing, she ran through the palace to the mage.

A day later, a young girl with a bow and quiver across her back and a sword in her belt rode out of the palace. Her long brown hair flew out behind her. She rode at night so she couldn't been seen. The small horse she was riding barley made a sound as it galloped through the city around the palace. Rose was on a mission. The mage had made her the potion, and she had found her sword. She had been secretly practicing with it and was ready. She rode through the night, stopping only as the sun was rising for breakfast. Then she rode on. As the sun rose over the land, she didn't look back. She was going to save James and bring him back to the palace. The next day, she arrived at Tollings. She bought a room in the inn, and discovered that Coria had infiltrated the town and a lord of the country was ruling here. She was careful not to let her identity known. The next day, she began snooping around. Her first stop was the barracks. She slipped in, unnoticed and began to listen to the conversations. Most were boring to her, and she soon began to lose hope she would find any leads there. Just as she was beginning to leave, two men walked in front of her.
"That kid, what was his name?" one asked.
"James or something," the other replied. Rose pricked up her ears and began following them.
"That was it, James. Anyhow, he wanted to go with the boss to where ever he's going,"
"Did the boss say yes?" the other asked.
"Surprisingly, yes. Boss has a soft spot for that boy. They left this morning, heading back home. Lucky lot," the first man said.
"Ha, but they have to walk all the way back to the capital, went we leave we'll be riding." Rose had heard enough. James was going to the capital of Coria. She had to stop him before they crossed the border. Rose slipped out of the barracks and to her horse. Then she rode like the wind. She caught up to them in about an hour. She stopped as they came into view. There were 5 dead men lying on the ground, and two still alive. They had been fighting, but one was holding a dagger to the others throat. Rose realized with a start that the one with the dagger on is throat was James. She slung her bow around, and pulled an arrow out of the quiver. Putting it on the bow, she drew back slowly, using all her back muscles. She carefully aimed, and let the arrow fly. It flew through the air, and burred itself in the other man's side. He fell to the ground, dead.
"James!" Rose shouted, running to him.'
"Rose! I told you not to come!" James cried. Rose shrugged.
"You didn't come for 5 months, of course I would have followed you!" she said, hugging him.
"Well, it's a good thing you did come. If you hadn't..." he left it unsaid.
"Can you come back now?" Rose asked him. James nodded.'
"Yes, I can finally come back," he said, and he kissed her.
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#8, Creativity.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:09 pm

#8, creativity.
"Woo! Can't catch me!" a small blue dragon called.
"Oh yes I can!" a green dragon cried, flying after her brother.
"I'll get you first!" the red dragon said. The other dragon, a black one said nothing, only flew faster. The four dragons were the only ones of their litter to survive. There were originally 10 eggs in the clutch, but 6 of them didn't hatch. The hatchlings mother, a large purple dragon called Blaze, sat on a near by rock shelf, watching her offspring. The blue dragon, a male called Ice, was in the lead. The others where trying to catch him and overtake him to win. The red dragon, Flame, was closet to him, but Ivy, the green dragon was close behind. The black dragon, Ash, was at the back. As they flew father away from their mother and their den, they began to get more restless, trying more dangerous dives, and often nearly falling. Soon the game turned from a race to a game of 'who can do the most dangerous and awesome move.' Ice started, he was often the leader. He glided for a bit, then suddenly flipped upside-down and did a lop-d-lop. The other cheered. Then Icy tried, folding her wings to her side, she fell until she was nearly at the ground, then opened her wings just in time to stop her slamming into the ground. Flame and Ash cheered, Ice grunted.
"My one was cooler," he complained.
"Yeah, but Ivy's was more dangerouser," Flame said, "anyway, my turn." As he said this, he was already beating his wings hard to gain altitude. He flew so high the others could hardly see him. Suddenly, dropped, breathing fire as he fell. When he drew level with the others, he snapped his wings open, looking like a ball of fire.
"Well? Who won?" Flame asked. Ash shrugged, she didn't ever join in with the others as she didn't like dangerous games. She was often teased by her siblings because of this, but at times like these the others where pleased she could be the judge.
"Um, I think Flame did," she said. Flame grinned, lopping in the air.
"Yes, yes, yes! I am the champion!" he cried. Ivy and Ice rolled their eyes.
"Luck," Ice muttered. Ivy nodded in agreement. Ash looked around,
"Shouldn't we be going back?" she asked, "Mum will get worried." Her siblings sighed.
"You can run back to mummy if you want," Ice sneered. Ash scowled.
"It's starting to get dark!" she cried. Suddenly, a shadow fell over the sun. The young dragons looked up. Above them, was a huge grey dragon. Ash shivered.
"We should be getting back...." she whispered. The others nodded, and dropped low to the ground, flying along the ground. Ash glanced up at the dragon, and saw that it was following them.
"Follow me!" she said, knowing they couldn't outfly the other dragon. They would have to outsmart it. The others nodded, and followed Ash to a small hole. They squeezed into it and Ash told them her plan. After they had agreed to it, Ash went to the entrance of the hole.
"Ready?" she asked, and the others nodded. Ice flew out first, distracting the dragon and flying into the air. The dragon roared, and followed him. Once he was in the air, Ivy flew out. The dragon spotted her, and swerved, heading towards her. Ivy dropped to the ground, oping her wings at the last moment. She flew into the sky, as the older dragon just managed to pull himself up before he hit the ground. He turned, only to be hit in the belly by Flame, on fire. The grey dragon fell to the ground, and landed with a thud. He roared, getting up again, but Ice landed on his snout. overcome by the weight of the young dragon, he fell down again. The others jumped on his back, teeth bared and wing open, making themselves look bigger then they did.
"Is this the welcome home I get?" the grey dragon asked, a hint of humor in his voice. The little dragons looked at each other in confusion. "Don't you recognize me?" he asked. "Of course you don't! You were still just eggs. I am your father!" He laughed at their confusion. "Don't worry, you did well, very creative. It's not often hatchlings get to best a full grown dragon!"
"Wait, your our father?" Ivy asked in confusion. The grey dragon laughed.
"Yup, I'm your father. Now, shouldn't you be getting back to your mother? You almost strayed over the border of her territory," he said. The hatchlings nodded, and the five flew back to Blaze.
"There you are! I was worried!" she cried when she saw them. "Pebble! Your back!" she said, flying to the grey.
"I'm back, but not for long. Male dragons don't stay with their mates long, as you know. I came to see how the hatchlings were. Only four survived?" he asked, and Blaze nodded. "It's a shame, but they're very creative. They bested me!" he led his family into the den and began to tell them about his adventures away from the den.
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#9 Flash

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 pm

#9, Flash

Faith stood on the bridge over looking the controls of the ship. The flashes and blips of the controls still befuddled her.
"One day, you will control the ship, Faith," her father beside her said. Faith bit her lip.
"You sure Dad? They confuse me," she asked.
"Don't worry, by the time you're eighteen you'll be a great captain." Faith shrugged.
"Am I not too young?"
"Naw, I started my training as The Venture’s captain when I was fourteen, you're sixteen, way older then me!" Faith nodded. The truth was, she didn't want to be The Venture’s captain. She would much rather be a fighter pilot. But The Venture was her family's ship, and Faith, being the oldest would captain it when she turned eighteen. She didn't think she would be ready to have the whole ship dependant on her in only two years. But, as her father, Captain Luigi, said, he would be around to help her.
"I don't see why Benji can't be the captain though!" Faith tried. Luigi shook his head.
"You are the oldest. So you will inherit The Venture," he said, and Faith knew that was the end of the discussion. She sighed, Benji was her younger brother. Since he was four, he had wanted to be the captain of The Venture. He was now fourteen. Faith on the other hand, had always wanted to be a fighter pilot. Suddenly, a crash interrupted her thoughts.
"Captain! Asteroid field!" one of the crew shouted.
"Bligzt!" Luigi swore. "Why didn't anyone say!" Without waiting for an answer, he shouted, "Screz, Flape! Move to your post, blast you!" The two name Vligs nodded and ran to their posts. Vligs were humanoid aliens that rarely spoke, but were very obedient and loyal. Faith looked up at her Father.
"Captain, what should I do?" she asked, calling him captain as she did in times like this.
"Watch and learn, just watch and learn," he answered. Faith nodded. She followed her father to the control panel, and watched him use the complex controls to turn the ship. She had once asked why the controls were so complicated, and her father had replied, saying that it was so the ship couldn't be stolen. A pilot of the The Venture had to go through years of training before they could pilot the ship well.
"Dad, what's happing?" a voice called, coming from the hall. Benji was standing in the door.
"The ship is entering an asteroid field, nothing bad," Luigi replied.
"Zoungs!" came a cry, and the ship was rocked by shots.
"Bligtz and Bragts!" Luigi swore, and Faith winched at the language. Another round of shot hit the ship. Zoungs were aliens that cared only for destruction of ships. They would hid in places, like the asteroid field, and destroy any ship that strayed near. Then they would capture the few survives as slaves and steal all of the valuables.
"Send out the fighters!" Luigi shouted.
"Let me go with them, Captain," Faith cried, but he father shook her head.
"Benji will go, he'll lead them one day. You need to stay here."
"But I'm a better pilot the Benji! He could let the whole squadron down!"
"FAITH! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Luigi roared. "You will stay, and Benji will.. Arck!" The last was said as the The Venture was hit again, and the Captain was thrown forward. He hit his head on the control panel and was knocked out. Faith could see a trickle of blood flowing out of a wound in his head.
"Faith, you have to go with the pilots, I'll pilot The Venture. I know how to do it, you don't," Benji instructed. Faith nodded,
"Look after him!" she shouted as she ran to the hanger bay. She barely hear Benji's reply as she ran through the corridors of her home ship. Reaching the hanger bay, she ran to her ship, The Guppy. She vaulted into it and closed it up.
"Come on girl, don't let me down today!" she muttered. Her ship had a bed tendency to not work at random times. To her relive, the control panel lit up with a flash. "Now this, I understand," Faith muttered, and soon she had left The Venture and had join the other ships.
"Commander Faith, what are your orders?" the Lieutenant of the squadron asked.
"Stick together, and help those in trouble. Don't let those cursed Zoungs win!" Faith answered. "Lets go!" The squadron of ten fighters flew into battle formation and approached the Zoung ship. It was a small gunship, but still a lot larger than the fighters. She was an average Zoung ship, ugly and not sleek. The ten fighters began to fire on her, shooting at the guns first. Soon, a group of Zoung fighters left the ship, speeding towards the ships from The Venture.
"Prepare to engage!" Faith cried into her comlink. And then they were in the thick of a battle. Faith flew The Guppy with all her skill, shooting down two Zoung fighters before one of her ships went down. She winched as she saw the ship go up in flames with a flash. She hated seeing her men die, but it was part of life. She soon lost track of time as she shot and dodged the enemy ships. Suddenly, it was over. All the Zoung ships were destroyed. She looked at her man, and saw that only three had been shot down.
"Fire on the mother-ship," she commanded, and the seven remaining fighters fired at the gunship. It soon exploded with a blinding flash. Cheers were heard through the comlink.
"Right, let's go home!" The Gold squadron turned back and headed home. As The Guppy landed, Faith saw with a sinking feeling, that her father was standing in the hanger-bay, waiting for her, a bandage on his head. She jumped out of her ship and walked to him.
"Zoungs all accounted for, Captain," she said, saluting.
"That was well fought, Commander Faith," he said. Faith nodded thanks, then the full extent of what he said hit her.
"Wait, Commander?" she asked. Luigi nodded.
"Benji will be the Captain of Venture, he has shown he is already a skilled pilot for the ship. And you will get your wish, as commander of Gold squadron." Faith grinned, she would be commander. And she didn't have to spend the next two years studying how to control the complicated The Venture.
"Of course, you will have to learn the basics of controlling The Venture," her father said. Faith nodded, she didn't care. She was happy.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | πŸ”¬ | 🦊 |
✟ |

Woogwoo Wren