Diary? What Diary? This is a Log--a Ghost Log!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Diary? What Diary? This is a Log--a Ghost Log!

Postby VesVes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:37 pm

((Whaaat? Vesta has made ANOTHER pet diary? Yep. I've had this idea in my head for months, but only now have I finished the first entry.))

Hello, beautiful handcrafted leather journal!

Let me start off by saying that I’m not like most girls. Well, okay, that’s stretching it quite a bit. But what I mean is that while most girls who have diaries write because of school assignments, their mothers, or some other reason. Not me. I got this out of my own volition. No, I’m not trying to sound like some special snowflake, but I’m just trying to make it clear. So, why did I buy this beautiful, handcrafted leather journal with a picture of a tree on the front cover, you ask? Well, it’s because of one thing. I’m going to be a high school student, and go to the famously haunted Miston High!

Okay, I should probably introduce myself. My name is something of a mouthful, so say it with me—Eh-neye-ah-lin. Yes, my name is Enyalynne. Enyalynne West. If you say it out loud, it kind of sounds like ‘Annihilate,’ which is pretty cool. However, I prefer to just go by Enya. I have two older brothers, Callum and Prune. I am a high school student, and I get fairly decent grades. I play the guitar and I’m learning the ukulele (or, at least I want to). I have two friends, three enemies, and a guy (whom I HATE) relentlessly pursuing me. But I’ll get to all of them later. First I’ll talk about my family!

This is the oldest of us three—Prune. He is college age, but instead of college, he chose to live in our family basement. He is lazy, never tries anything, and expects that everything should be done for him. He especially likes to boss Callum and me around. Needless to say, Prune and I don’t really get along very well.

Then there’s Callum. He’s older than me but younger than Prune, and the complete opposite of the latter. He’s the looker—girls would be asking him out even if he wasn’t a famous DogTuber. Oh yeah, he is. He often reviews movies he hates, although he does it as a hobby. He really wants to be a storm chaser and a reporter for storms and things. He’s pretty likeable. We get along pretty well, though it is annoying when we try to have brother-sister bonding time and some fangirl comes along and tries to flirt with my brother.

ImageImage

My parents are your normal loving, supportive parents. They aren’t quirky, or weird, or anything. They are pretty overly emotional though at times.

And now I shall talk about Miston High. It looks like this really old castle, and I’ve heard that it is really old on this inside as well. It’s a boarding school as well, with dorms and everything. It’s also supposed to be haunted, especially since it’s supposed to be built as a memorial to something. This log (I’m calling it a log in honor of my best friend Aspen) is a recording of all of the times I find ghosts and spirits and stuff. Oh, I’m a huge believer in ghosts and the supernatural, even if I am an atheist. And with the statistics on encounters at this high school going through the roof, I really hope to find one! Although an encounter with a demon would be freaky. Oh well. I’m going there tomorrow, with my friends, enemies, a hopeful future as a musician, and no plot twist whatsoever that will make me not normal in any way!

None at all.
And today is my first day of Miston High! I’m so excited! Both of my friends will be going as well. Or did I mention that already?

This is my best friend since elementary school. Now, if you think my full name’s strange, then take a gander at my friend’s full name: Aspen Cypress Sycamore Maple Oaks. That’s a lot of trees, don’t you think? She also has a sister named Acacia Sequoia Pine Oaks. I think her parents might be starting to run out of different types of trees. But anyway, guess what Aspen’s interested in. No, seriously, guess! If you guessed trees, then you are utterly wrong. Aspen loves space. She’s fascinated with planets, comets, asteroids, stars…you name it! Just as I believe in ghosts, Aspen vehemently believes in aliens. She says she saw flying saucers as she and her family was driving across the desert one time, and another time, she saw what could have been a flying saucer near the ocean. How cool is that? While I have never seen a flying saucer, I do not think that it is a stretch to believe that there is life out there. Aspen wants to be an astronomer. Other than liking space, she likes making people laugh. She’s very witty, and I love her to pieces.

This is my other friend, whom I met in middle school. Her name is Camille Rose. She is very kind, outgoing, and loves shopping. She carries that camera everywhere because she loves photography. She has accounts on DogChat and Instadog and is addicted to both. She even made DogChat accounts for me and Aspen just so she can send us selfies and other pictures. Camille has the biggest crush on my brother as well. It’s really cute! I could even see them going storm-chasing together, since they both love videos and filmography and stuff. I don’t know photography terms, okay? If I tried to use them, I would probably butcher them and then Camille and Callum would both get mad at me. Anyway, I love Camille to pieces as well.

“Oi, you’re writing instead of going on a ghost hunting expedition as soon as possible? Who are you and what have you done to Enya?!?!”

HOLY CRAP A BURGLAR IS IN MY HOUSE EVACUATE EVACUATE STOP DROP AND ROLL I BELIEVE IS THE WAY TO DO IT

So I looked up from where I was sitting (I was on the couch, by the way), only to see Aspen standing over me with a rather toothy grin on her face. Camille was behind her, though she was looking around. I bet she was looking for my brother.

So I slammed the Ghost Log shut and jumped up so that I was standing on the couch. I am quite tall, and now I appeared taller than ever. I pointed dramatically the both of them. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?” I shouted, dramatically pointing in their direction. I was pretty happy to see them, though.

“’Cause it’s time for school, duh!” Aspen relied with a wink. “Time for ghosts, yeah!”

“YEEEAAAHHHH!” I crowed, leaping down from the couch and scoring a high-five from Aspen. Meanwhile, I heard Camille let out a squeal.

“Callum!”

Sure enough, my brother came out into the living room. He’s a senior this year, meaning that’s he’s going to graduate this year. “Oh, hello, Camille and Aspen,” he said, rather obliviously. Camille blushed at even this minor acknowledgement. Aspen and I rolled our eyes in a good-natured manner.

“So are you going to drive us or what?” I asked him.

“Probably,” he replied. “Prune’s asleep in the basement, and our parents probably won’t be able to handle it.”

Sure enough, as we got all of our bags (Aspen and Camille had already brought theirs over) ready, both our parents were a mess of tears.

“Call us whenever you can!” Mom cried whilst hugging me.

“Yes, of course,” I responded, voice muffled by the hug. Mom is even taller than me.

Finally, we all started to head towards the school. This is going to be great!

Later, Ghost Log.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Diary? What Diary? This is a Log--a Ghost Log!

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:22 pm

*looks around* Oooh, I can comment here? :) Yay! Anyway, this is really good! (and someone who uses quotation marks and dialogue tags, YES! Thank you!) This is really interesting. I need to be hearing more about this haunted school!

Quote of the Week

Guys, what are you doing here? You're making it hard for me to wallow in self pity -Karma
Screw self pity! You're too good for that! -Layna
I am? -Karma

The Original Diary Parodies
Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VesVes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:09 pm

((Thank you! And here's a new entry!))

Hello, Ghost Log!

You should really see this school! It looks exactly like an old castle, just like I said! I could definitely picture ghosts living there.

The school is located on a hilltop overlooking the sea. The cliff is steep and very rocky, and of course there’s a basketball court located right next to it. I wonder how many times the basketball flies over the cliff and they have to get a new one?

Anyway, most of the facilities appear to be indoors, save for the large courtyard with gardens, spots to eat, and AN ICE CREAM CART HOLY SMOKES GIMME ICE CREAM

Aspen had to drag me away from that. So, we all went into the school itself. Inside, it looks old. Very old. The hallways are narrow (good thing I live in a small town or else it would be CROWDED), the floors are wooden and creak a lot, and the whole thing is a maze of hallways and equally wooden stairs, with random doors peppering the halls. There are also various tapestries depicting the school’s coat of arms, which appears to be a yellow circle surrounded by oak leaflets.

A circle? Honestly? Is the football team called the Miston Circles?

Actually, I may have lied when I said today is the first day of school. Well, it sort of is, but classes don’t start until tomorrow. Today, we pick our dorms (two dogs per dorm), and get a tour of the school, before settling in and having an entire day to roam around and talk with friends. How cool is that?

So right now, we went to pick our dorms. Since there were only two dogs to a dorm, I volunteered to sacrifice myself.

“We’ll get dorms right next to yours!” Camille vowed.

I smiled. “Thanks.”

So I went into a dorm, (which also looked really old) and lo and behold, THERE WAS THIS REALLY CREEPY GIRL SITTING ON A CHAIR

This is what she looked like. Creepy, huh? Her eyes really weird me out…

“Is there anyone else here?” I asked her.

She shook her head, not looking up from whatever she was reading. “No,” she said in a rather monotonous voice.

I dropped my bags down on the empty bed, which was the one farther from the door. At least this girl isn’t part of the Popular Crowd (oh trust me, I’ll get to THEM later). “So what’s your name?” I prompted, trying to be friendly even though she might turn into a demon and attack me.

“Imelda Harbrigson,” she replied. “You?”

“Enyalynne, though Enya is fine,” I said. I walked over to where she was and peered over her shoulder at the book she was reading. It looked very old-timey and had these weird funny symbols instead of words.

“What’cha reading?”

“Information,” she responded. Do not ask me how she would get information from a bunch of symbols. I can’t decipher what language that is. Definitely not Japanese or Chinese or any East Asian languages. It wasn’t Arab or Hindi for that matter. It looked somewhat like runes. But I wasn’t sure, so I decided to ask.

“Uh…what language is that?”

Imelda hesitated for a while. “Cantonese,” she finally replied, not looking up.

I have no idea what Cantonese is, but I have this funny feeling that that’s not what she was reading. It looked strange, and somehow…familiar? Okay, that part was weird.

Then the bell rang, which for today meant the start of the tour around the school.

“You coming?” I asked Imelda.

“Oh, yes,” she responded, closing her book and following me out the door. Does she have any friends? I’m not quite sure…

If she doesn’t, I just hope that Aspen and Camille won’t be too weirded out by her. I also hope that she isn't some psychopath. But hey, it's always good to make friends, ain't it?

Bye for now, Ghost Log!
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coolpaw5 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Cassandra peeks around the corner. "Cantonese is actually a language of Chinese..." she whispers as she slowly backs away. You follow her as you see her there, stalking the Ghost Log. :T

{Fun fact: Cassandra is part Chinese. That's why her original hair color was black. :3 )

{Also, ASDFGHJKL; THIS IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE}
ImageImage
ᑕᖇᗩᔓᎩ?xxxxxxxxⓃⓞⓡⓜⓐⓛ?

Eᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ, I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ...
Wʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏsᴛ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴇᴛ.

╔══════════════════════════╗
Xura's DiaryDiary HQ
╚══════════════════════════╝
Divider at Glitter Graphics
ImageImageImageImage
Coolpaw5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geobellez » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Oh my god this is awesome.Dog with an awesome name+believes in ghosts+goes to a haunted high school=Muffin screaming her head off about how awesome this is and using the word awesome too much.

hi i’m geo!!
    she/her - adult
    u are the dreamer and we are the dream ⁎⁺˳ ๑ ✧༚
    th - fr - tumblr
geobellez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Revolutionary Fairy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:48 am

OHHHHHHHH!
Ghost Log!

*Cheesy grin*
Love, love, love, love this!!! *Hugs thread*
Basically, I think it's awesome. And I hope that you will do at least (insert incredibly large number here) more entries. The plot is awesome and the characters are awesome and you can never use the word awesome too many times.
Revolutionary Fairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby derision » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 am

I think Mavis and Enya would get along great x3

I love this, its different from all the other diaries (;
derision

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VesVes » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:05 am

Thanks everyone! It's pretty much in the style I always use for diaries. And yes, there will be more entries soon...
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby areadbhar » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:48 am

This is epic!
areadbhar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VesVes » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks! I've been really busy lately, so the entry will probably show up on the weekend.
VesVes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me