It's a papyrus scroll.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Next post. decisions depictions!

More Abby?
35%
More astennu?
65%

Total votes : 17

It's a papyrus scroll.

Postby Baylin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:55 am

(authors note: Some of the things in here are from the Kane chronicles, like spells or the fact that mortals cannot see the same way as an egyptian magician, that will mostly be it but all credit for that goes to Rick Riordan. credit for the idea goes to coolpaw5,Xura,gizmothedragon,cookielittlekitten +any other diary writers. usually im not confident in myself to show my work since im a little afraid that people will hate it but i feel like im in my own little world when i write)

if you actually read this and want to promote it a banner i made:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2392715&hilit][img]http://i.imgur.com/q6h6fRc.png[/img][/url]

Im here as well...this is more forced than what other girls do for their journals or diaries. you see, it is part of my culture to write your life once you turn a certain age, for boys its 16 and for girls its 14. Usually boys write in a book with pages made of papyrus, girls get to write in actual modern-day books, shocking eh? well enough with this intro that tells you nothing important what-so-ever.

My name is Astennu, age 16 and today is my birthday. currently we are in egypt so we can get this ceremonial thing done for me and it has just ended. I am not your normal egyptian descendant,my family is made of powerful magicians. and well with this ceremony i finally am able to start my training. there was magic slip-ups in the past. like the exploding car or the pre-school i turned into a swamp/jungle all of those as you can guess were covered by stupid explanations as regular mortals cannot see the same way I can. I can see all the supernatural things but mortals can't. I might as well wrap this up. so yeah my name is Astennu, im 16, male and what-not
as a requirement i have to have a picture so here: Image
yes i know i look weird, but these are my new wings... and they have to flap constantly while i fly since they aren't as light as a feather. imagine having a heavy backpack on all day...yeah. But when i don't want them open i speak a spell and they fold on my back. and then there is my pet...who is a pony...Image my mom calls him 'Imagine' and i suppose now is the time to introduce you to the rest of my family

my mother Image
and
my father Image
and another thing i should tell you, i was adopted...yup touchy subject so lets go on to somewhere else.

Anyway as a present my mother and father bought me some special amulets. one is for luck, one for protection, one for energy and one for unknown purposes. well i suppose i should end this first entry now, so later...i guess
Last edited by Baylin on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: It's a papyrus scroll.

Postby Baylin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 am

i might as well start with something part of my life rather than doing more explaining.

Finally the car stopped at a very nice looking house, it was two stories and painted white. with a gray roof and many windows. the lawn is a nice size with a large driveway, on the side there is a garage about the size of a regular room, usually the car i parked in there to keep it nice and clean. Anyway i finished unpacking my stuff and sat on my bed to watch TV

me: nei and the wings folded
i flopped down on my bed and turned on the TV

mother: Dinner is ready!
I turned off everything and walked downstairs to eat.

after dinner i got ready and walked outside (oh yeah and by the way, i never wear a shirt)
me: Nei my wings un-folded
i tried my best to fly to the store but...it didnt go well and i crashed through the window...
Quickly i yelled
me: N'DAH!" (meaning protect) a symbol glowed in the air and then disappeared
I flew through the glass unharmed but not the same for the store

store clerk: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU CRAZY HOOLIGAN! IM CALLING THE COPS!!
and that's my que,
me: if you can catch me! with that i flipped out the window and parkoured off the scenery, a few minutes later i heard sirens and saw a blue/red light chasing me
cop: STOP! in the name of the law!
me: Good luck with that!
I started to shimmy up a lamp post and then once i reached the top i jumped to the nearest roof and pulled myself up.

cop: *talks on radio* Call in the swat teams, this one is a dangerous runner
a few minutes after he said that i had started to relax until a helicopter pulled up above me and i was surrounded by dogs in uniform and guns all pointed at me
me: heh-heh. Hey guys, how are the wife and kids i tried to scoot away
Swat Dude: FIRE!
and then all of them fired at once, before i knew it i was covered in darts.
me: hmm, I don't thing a spell will...*falls on face* apprently they were tranquillizer darts.

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 am

Well they took my amulets and bag of magic tricks so right now I'm in a box... Yes I wrote this right, a box. The only problem is that they took my spell book so I can't destroy this box and get out...

???: is the threat contained?
???: yes sir! The boy has no idea what he is doing without these...
???:good, make sure he is ready for travel
???: sir yes sir! The boy will have no memory of this happening...you know unless he actually has a journal that he is writing everything down right now including what I am saying to you
???: shut up and get to work you idiot

That's all I could make out although I'm sure it was more like
???: mmmmppphhh
But I have big ears so I can hear better than most other dogs or something like that
Wait. News flash. I think I can remember a spell that is also really fun to use
me: sa-hei! or maybe that's the wrong spell, oh well we'll see in a few moments.

Well I am gravely injured and my box is too but apparently that just brought down the entire building so that was fun...I guess, now I need to find my stuff
-couple hours of digging later--
Oh cool! I found them

???: not so fast, you rascal

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:17 pm

me:for your information, I am not a rascal. I am precious~~~*so. Much. Sass.*
???: ...
???: just get up with your hands behind your head or the pony gets it.

me: do you like...stalk me or something?
???: ok your getting like seriously annoying *shoots* don't worry, it was another tranqulizer gun...but I don't know where he keeps getting them
me: can you stop that already? It's gett---*flops on face*
???: actually I'm a little disappointed, I really though I would need to reload before you fell on your face... Oh well, come along buttercup your my pony now.
buttercup/imagine: *snorts*
Well that's all I got before I passed out from the chemicals in the dart...
me: you know, I've gotten shot by those like 50 times tonight and I'm really not liking it...am I in another box?
???: no, your in a cylinder, there is a difference. While a cylinder has no corners a cube does, or am I just being too smart for you?
That voice...I feel like I've heard it on TV or something like that before...
???: that's right sonny boy!
me: oh my gods, Isis please I beg you get me out of this situation...
Cheshire: why would she do that? *blinks innocently*
He stepped into the light...or really he just glowed to be honest
me: of course when your most useless you show up...
Cheshire: that's partially correct! But really I'm just here to help you out for once...not that I'm betting on you with some spirit friends, but seriously if you die you owe me $50
me: good to know someone cares about me. Now get me out of this 'cylinder' you purple cat
Cheshire: oh no no no. You must be kidding me. I can't help you, I'd be breaking the rules of our little game. I'm just simply here to be useless and watch you
me: ugh. If you won't help me I'll get myself out.gymnastics don't fail me now.
Cheshire: you mean men in tights? Because when you watch the pawlympics you do not want to get a front row seat of the men's gymnastics. Mhmm you got that? Great bye now!
me: thank Ra he left.
So I shimmied up to the roof and then used the fist of Horus to break through the roof... Are we in Egypt...again?!
me: Oh come the flip on! You have to be kidding me! I just left here yesterday!
Fine...
So I started to fly so I could get back to magician headquarters so I can get back to my house...or something like that...

You know what I just realised? I have actually had a nice time on this journey...you know just not the bits where I was being shot at... Wait I also just remembered I can't fly very well...
me: OH MY GODS! so now I'm just falling into the hot desert sand, what a fun way to have a day, huh? Been shot at 50 times, become captured and almost kill yourself, have your pet pony stollen by the bad guy, escaping and almost dying again... Why is it taking so long to fall to my doom anyway? Like seriously it should I should be dead or something right now, I think gravity is broken... I don't know but I'm kinda just writing in this scroll while waiting to fall. Maybe I should tell you guys about my life so far, although I'm sure that a scroll has better things to do then listen to me write

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 am

Yes, I'm still falling. You know it been about an hour and I'm still falling, I didn't think it was this long of a drop...ok I'm going to break the 4th wall for a moment and get a drink or something.

Well I'm back, I got some pawsi (authors note: Pepsi) and yes it was diet so if you don't like diet you can't have it... I also got a sombrero because I got the diet pawsi in Mexico. You know it is quite relaxing, just me falling in the desert wearing a sombrero. I'm just like a regular kid. Exactly. Alright this is boring I'm going to speed this up a bit..

--skipping about 29 minutes--

Ok that's great on the ground, in the middle of the desert... With no way of transportation
me: that's just great, this place is infested with scarabs. This day just can't get any worse
???: hey! You there! Come quickly!
Oh great new potential deadly things to come

Whoa, she is gorgeous ... Excuse me papyrus while I slap myself...
WHY DID I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA!?!?!?!
Well note to self: don't slap yourself anymore...while your wearing Metal gloves...

Well you might be wondering how she looks so here you go
, I quickly ran towards her

me: hello! What might your name be?
afternoon: hello traveler, you may call me Afternoon. As you can tell my village has been infested by the scarabs you see around...
me: yeah *awkward laughing* of course I can help your village out
afternoon: you will! Oh, you don't know how much this means to me! Follow me!
She whistled and a carpet came out of the sand
me: wait, so is this a magic carpet? Cool! May I ride on it?!
Afternoon:*giggles* sure although I thought you were going to fly, but hop on!
So we flew until we landed in a large village where everything was swarmed with scarabs
Last edited by Baylin on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Air and Time » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:21 am

(This is a comment, please tell me if it's not okay to post these.)
This is a really interesting story. I think I'll be checking up on this frequently.
Check my stamp collection if you want to know my mood
Hi, I'm Dark Dragonness.
I'm more of a forum lurker, so don't expect to see many posts/trades from me.
I sometimes gift people, but other than that I'm not an active trader.
If you want to trade, make it fair and I might respond, but don't count on it.

Air and Time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:40 am

Glad you like it ^.^ I happen to get the idea for this from the kane chronicles by Rick Riordan, the Egypt event and the pet diary authors, really. I saw that other people were doing diaries too and I kinda wanted to try. I didn't like what I've done with the first one so I'm thinking about what to do with it. I currently like how this one is going because it's really something that catches my interests as I really love the Egyptian culture. And yes it's fine to post here I love seeing what people think so it's perfectly fine that you post here :D

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:47 pm

New poll ^.^~ will work on next post in a couple minutes or so.??might not be finished until morning

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:23 am

me: I guess your village was very beautiful before these scarabs arrived?
afternoon: that is correct, my village is such a peaceful place. Merchants or nomads sometimes will show up and stay for a little before packing up and leaving. My village is always one to help others in need...only this time we're the ones in need...
me: don't worry, I will get back at them or whoever did this to your village!
afternoon: y-you---you can't! My father....my father is a bad man. He caused all this trouble, he is an explorer...
me: what makes him so bad?
afternoon: *sigh* years ago my father had met a young beautiful woman in a village while he was exploring. That woman was my mother.
He had stayed here for years and lived with my mother happily. But he has been acting so strange for months now and I fear something horrible has happened. Only a few days ago my mother told me what happened to the father I once knew and loved. My father had gone out to explore when he uncovered an old tomb. The one of king barkpaw. It is rumoured that his spirit to this day lives in that tomb...waiting for a victim. And I fear that this devilish ruler has taken over my father to use as a host. Right now he is weak but his powers are growing.

me: that's harsh...
afternoon: king barkpaw was the most feared ruler in all of Egypt, anyone who tried an attack was brutally tortured and suffered for years. The king one day had gone power crazy and he was put to a test to get rid of his powers...only it made it worse. The king had died of heart failures a year later... His tomb was decorated beautifully as my father told me but I'm not quite sure my father is my father anymore...
me: wow, your past is devastating. That could've left a child scarred for life but not you...you just act like everything is alright. I think once you hide your feelings it only makes your problems worse.
She sighed once more and then laid down in my lap, I assumed she had been in the deserts for days trying to find someone so best not to bother her...
me: carpet! Down!
The carpet landed and I made the best sandcastle you could get. By using spells I was able to put together a nice temple. Now it has furniture

Looking at afternoon so peaceful, I decided that I am in need of a rest too. And I will check in with you in the morning...

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:15 am

Alright well it's been about a day and I am starving
me: what to do...oops wrong papyrus pen
me: there we are, now to make food.
Appear ineptly when I was making this house I didn't think to make food appear so I must use my wizardy powers

me: *sigh* I really need to label these...
Oh yes I don't need to use Egyptian spells all the time, they are just more powerful because they are my culture, if I was British some British spells would be more powerful but anyway if I use my want I just think what I want and wave it, and BAM instant thingy
me: *gets wand out* ok I want a table, some chairs and food*waves wand*

Instantly there was a round table with some chairs, it was covered in food
me: oh yes, silver wear, plates, napkins and a tablecloth*waves wand* much better
Oh yeah also by using the wand you have to make a mental picture of where you want it and how good it should taste if it's food. Most magicians are rich that's because they can create their own money.

me: Afternoon!
afternoon: where are we and what did you do *yawns*
me: well we are in a hut I made and I made breakfast
So we ate and I cleaned our clothes and made a shower so now we smell like coconut .

me: well that should be it,let's go!
We walked to her village with carpet following.

me: *pulls out scroll and wand* these scarabs should not be here. These scarabs should leave. With my magic I banish thee!
All the scarabs instantly formed a line and flew into a pyramid close by
afternoon: that was amazing! How on earth did you do it! Are you the wizard of the foretold prophecy? !
me: yes and I hope not. I don't want to be some sort of animal who goes on an adventure to save the world. That's not me, I'm astennu, I fight when needed, I'm a quick problem solver I don't want to be in the middle of a large conspiracy!
afternoon: now that you said that you realise that it's all going to happen, right?
me: *facepaw* big time...
Why did I say that??! I'm so stupid! Didn't I think before I say that?!
:lol: me think before I say something! :lol: what a joke...what a joke...gods dang...

Ok well I got thanked by the village elder and left, as a gift I got a pegasus from the village, a pegasus...I don't know where they kept the pegasus but alright! I'll show you a photo...
I call him chunky because he is kinda fat but in a cute way

Anyway we are just wandering the desert now, but I don't see anyway out...but then again I could have chunky fly but I'm not used to the Saddle, I don't want to risk it so ground travel for now, oh and if you are wondering why his hooves are on fire he is a fire elementalist pegasus, I see something up ahead so I'll have chunky take me over there and give him a rest,
me: alright take your trot to a canter!
Last edited by Baylin on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes