Plumerian 100 ;; Igneel the Dragon of Flame

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Plumerian 100 ;; Igneel the Dragon of Flame

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Enter the dragon's lair...
art by ƒαℓℓєиƒιѕну

Igneel now belongs to me, though I will still be using this thread to store his information, artwork, etc.

I had to move this form over onto it's own thread due to going over CS character limit. u v u
Last edited by rem sleep on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Bit About Me...

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Username ;; Trollish

A Bit About The Adopter ;; Hello! My username's Trollish, however most just leave it at Troll. I'm an active CS user, a frequent role-player, artist and writer. I currently own one other plumie, Thylacine, his personality is well developed because I'm constantly roleplaying with my friends to further develop him. I feel drawn to this Plumie in particular- thus why I'm coming out of my 'shadow', per se, to try and make an impression on you and hopefully leave with another Plumie to call my own. My goal in writing this form is not only to showcase my dedication to winning this character and to create a unique a interesting personality, but to develop a character that you can fall in love with as I have. Thank you for your time and consideration, now onto the form!

Atmospheric Music ;; While I was writing I listened to a bit of music to set the mood, you're welcome to listen as well. I feel it enhances the reading experience- not to mention it gives me something to listen to while I work. I also listened to this track as well if you prefer it instead- both are accurate to the atmosphere of my form.

art to the left by Nadjari [ FR ]
Last edited by rem sleep on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

But what is a name?

lovely art by Beatnik.

Name ;; Igneel
Name Meaning ;;

Dictionary wrote:
Ignite
ig·nite

1. to set on fire; kindle.
2. to take fire; begin to burn.

Igneel is a name derived from the term ignite or ignition, which according to the United States Dictionary has a couple of different meanings, each pertaining to fire or intense heat. The name Igneel is also used in the anime Fairy Tail. The character in Fairy Tail who bears this name is a fire dragon, another reason I thought the name was a good fit for this character.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Logic Behind the Title

by me

Why This Name? ;;

The dark sooty markings and flamboyant fiery reds, oranges and yellow reminded me of a kindled flame, not to mention the obvious wings and scales. I felt the name belonging to a fire dragon would be especially fitting. Not to mention the derivative words ignite and ignition which also pertain to fire or an open flame.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Base Information

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:29 pm

by Virushound of FR

Gender ;; Male

Age ;; 100+ Igneel stopped counting after his 100th birthday, and thus began believing he was immortal. He has no real proof to back this assumption up, nor any fatal wounds he's survived to use this assumption on. He simply classes himself as immortal because of his abnormally long lifespan. Igneel is not actually immortal however, he has just lived a very, very long time as most mythical dragons do. He can die, however obviously he has not at this given time passed on, thus leading to his belief that he is, indeed, immortal.

Orientation ;; Pansexual, pansexuality is loving someone for their personality in contrast to how they look- idealistically it's romance without bias towards outward appearance. Though he's generally not one to fall in love or engage in romantic relations with other plumerians simply because of his age.
- - - - - - by wolfehstar
Last edited by rem sleep on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Persona Behind the Mask

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:30 pm

Personality Traits ;;

Wise | Clever | Emotional  | Compassionate | Regal | Feisty | Competitive | Bold | Aggressive | Greedy | Soft

Personality ;;

While Igneel doesn't make his age known, it becomes quite obvious that he's older than he physically appears after talking to him for awhile. He speaks with a bit of an aged dialect, occasionally using larger words than necessary or forgetting to abbreviate things such as "I have not" into "I haven't" and the like. He can periodically slip into speaking other languages, or just a less modern English. He also speaks with a certain wisdom and intellect about him, which also gives the impression of an elder plumie in contrast to someone younger.

Without generally intending to Igneel can be very compassionate and involved in things, caring a bit more than he'd like to admit. Perhaps the romantic color red has something to do with his periodically in depth feelings for others- however Igneel can't help but feel that those around him are particularly important and are thus worth is deep level of caring and adoration. While he may not always express it on the surface he cares deeply about all those around him, even those he may detest- they all hold significant value in his life and he treats them as such. He also feels emotion on a much deeper level from most others, as he's been alive far longer and has experienced both great sorrows and great triumphs in his long life- and thus he understands a deeper field and range of emotion. He's commonly off put by those who exaggerate their feelings negatively- as he's experienced true sorrow and depression and doesn't take lightly to others mocking the despair he and many others have felt with their petty lesser emotions. He also has a deep disdain for those who use words or verbalize emotion they don't understand, thus his striving for more intellectual conversational partners and allies.

Due to his age, Igneel tends to act as if he's higher than others- or, per se, royalty. He definitely thinks he's someone worthy of respect and recognition, and his poise and tone reflect these things. Because of his high self-importance he also keeps himself to some strong rules and regulations. He keeps himself very clean and well kept, using formal language and posture- not to mention well refined manners. Even being somewhat larger he generally has to look down at other plumies to talk with them- however he avoids 'talking down' to them in any other way. Occasionally he'll call others 'child' or other such pet names, though he doesn't quite understand that it's undesirable to most. He uses pet names sparingly, again leaning onto his respect and compassion for others- and if they were to tell him they'd rather not be referred to as such he'd stop.

Igneel's fiery attitude tends to get him in a bit of trouble for time to time. Maybe it's the fact he won't back away from a challenge, or perhaps it's his sheer endurance in a battle of intellect- but he simply has a knack for getting in trouble with others. Igneel considers himself impossible of loss, and tends to have a bit of a hard time accepting that perhaps others might be right. Constructive feedback is seldom welcome with Igneel, however he does see logic- most of the time he's a bit uneasy to accepting it. He has lost before, of course- as no one can win all the time, and generally he doesn't take it well. However he's noticed his flaws and is making an effort to be better about his competitive aggression. More often than not, however, he fights with a more 'cold' or refined style- not having to resort to violence rather than his own sharp tongue and intellect. He would much rather out smart others than battle them.

Igneel tends to gravitate to plumies that listen to his lengthy briefings on random subjects, or those he can have educated conversation with. He also has a fondness for those with a knowledge of the Japanese culture- as he has a deep fondness for rich cultures. He prefers listeners over talkers, however he's also interested in what others have to say. Igneel generally avoids those who are too much like himself, after all two loud, arrogant, feisty people in a room- no matter how wise- will always clash and come to ends with one another. He values intellect over appearance, however doesn't mind visibly appealing plumies. He does however, desire clever or witty conversational partners- most of the time with a similar sense of humor to himself. Igneel also appreciates the company of those he feels are strikingly different than himself or others he's met- commonly fascinated by the vast individuality showcased in those who call him friend.

Igneel can be rather territorial at times- and is very possessive of his belongings and occasionally those close to him. He doesn't mean to be so overbearing, however he tends to want things all to himself. He has a small hoard of treasures, as most dragons do, golden things that sparkle and shimmer. However Igneel also has another kind of collection. Igneel hoards fine literature and novels in his home- while it may not be a library he certainly delights in the dusty tomes of knowledge he has stowed away. As far as living companions he can be somewhat possessive to the extent of being jealous when others he cares about ignore him to spend a lot of time with others. He can understand real life troubles interfering with time they'd spend together, however he tends to get a bit bitter if left alone to his own devises for too long at a time.

Despite his general grouchiness, he has an incredible soft spot for mortals around him despite the sorrow they cause him inevitably. He's not as rude or arrogant as you'd think, and is actually petrified of near-death situations or anything that could bring about his death. Igneel loves mortals- and can constantly be found sharing stories or going on adventures around his area. He enjoys meeting others, and while he may be a bit moody he finds himself more easygoing and kindhearted around them. He likes to think that he's teaching those around him with his stories, and through extensive connections he's had some wonderful experiences. Igneel knows many mortals, living, dead, lovers, friends- he adores them all.

While Igneel can be very sarcastic and aggressive, generally he's more laid back and jokingly sarcastic. He's quite a gentlemen where speech is concerned. On his ask.fm he converses with the viewer how he would with anyone else.

art shown by qwertyo and wolfehstar
Last edited by rem sleep on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vocals

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

by Virushound of FR

Voice + Tone ;;

As specified Igneel has a rather regal, booming voice with an esteemed tone. His voice also carries a gentle tone, despite it's authoritative nature. His voice itself is mid tone, though slightly deeper than one might expect. His voice is befitting of him. He has a slight Japanese accent, though it's hardly notable and only really shows when he speaks the language. Igneel's laugh is also deeper than average, though it too carries a melody and harmony to it.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Show Me The Way You Move

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

by qwertyo

Size + Poise ;;

Igneel, being slightly larger than most other plumerians, he has a slightly awkward time moving about freely. He feels most of his freedom comes from his wings- and thus his ability to fly. In enclosed spaces Igneel feels incredibly cramped- despite this he walks with a confident and upright posture, keeping his head high and his chest out. Generally he'll keep his wings unfurled on his back, however when he lies down or sits he'll fold them neatly at his sides. Another odd feature of his size is the fact that he has to look down to make eye contact with other plumerians while he speaks with them. This isn't a large problem for him, it just seems a bit awkward from time to time.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Brawn Vs. Brain

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Build ;;

Igneel has a very lean and muscular build, with a good mix of either element. He's certainly not skin and bones- but isn't hysterically muscular either. His wings are especially muscular in comparison to a more flimsy alternative and are more than capable of carrying Igneel in flight for long periods of time. He's careful to maintain his diet so he doesn't gain too much weight and make him unable to keep up his sustained flight, as it's one of his favorite pass times.
Last edited by rem sleep on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

To Eat Or Not To Eat?

Postby rem sleep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:32 pm

by Pande28

Dietary Variations ;;

If you'll notice Igneel's feather beads don't glow- in fact they're pitch black. However, Igneel's flame does. In contrast to the beads attracting insects, Igneel's fire tends to scare them away- after all what insect would willingly thrust itself into an open flame? To compensate for his tactical disadvantage, Igneel was blessed with the gift of flight- and commonly pursues his prey in the air. Often times, however, he won't eat insects- favoring small mammals and birds instead. He will eat berries and bugs, however his preference lies in meat- like a true dragon's most likely would as well. Igneel also has a taste for tea and sushi- made from sticky rice, seaweed and fish. He treats sushi as a fine delicacy and favors it over all other foods. He has a taste for the spicy and flavorful things, mostly taking to things with a potent flavor that sets them aside from all other foods. As per the norm with Igneel, he prefers striking and different things, both in his meals and his allies.
Last edited by rem sleep on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me