In My Heart ~ A Friendship Story

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

In My Heart ~ A Friendship Story

Postby forever.free » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Note; This is from Wattpad, and I published it. If you wish to view it there, click this link.

I don't understand, I've been his friend, his best friend, and then he gives up? What is this? This is just, well, weird. How can someone give up on his or hers first best friend? How could Lyric, the nicest in the class, the most "gentleman" of the class, and the cutest one, too, give up on me?

It all started in the first day of Highschool, where me and my friends were once again reunited after months of pain in the house alone. I caught a boy entering our classroom. He had blonde hair, a fake smile, hoping no one would notice him all alone, but I did. He had such a shy face, and I knew I should help one in need, well, mostly the shy ones.

"Hello, My name's Lurianna, and you are?" I asked, this new face. He didn't say anything, he mumbled, and went back to thinking. "Okay... may I sit next to you?" I asked, no response, "I guess that means a yes." "Oh sorry, that seat's taken." Huh? I know that voice, I looked back, and it was Aliza. His face glowed with delight, "Oh, Aliza!" he shouted, louder, and more cheerful then before. "Akala ko nalimutan mo na ako, Aliza!" {I thought you have forgotten me, Aliza!} he said, in a language I never heard before. "Ako rin. hindi, hindi ko nalimutan ka. Diba walang dulo and ating friendship?" {Me too, but no, no I did not forget you. Our friendship has no end, remember?} "Wha---?" "I can explain, Lur, I lived in the Philippines and Lyric is my best friend. I heard he moved here and he wanted to find a school. I decided to let him here!" So that's why, so instead, I sat two seats behind him. Eiree, my Best Friend, sat in front of him.

"Lurianna! Lurianna! LU-RI-AN-NA! LURRIAANNAAAAAA!" She shouted. I was too busy looking out the window and talking with my friends. "Excuse me, but will you pass this to Lurianna?" Giving her letter to that boy. "Umm... Okay." He responded. "Lurianna, Lurianna," He said, "your friend has a letter for you." I responded with a small smile, I read the letter and somehow got disturbed by what she wrote. "Did you notice the guy two seats in front of you and a seat behind me? OMGOMGOMGOMG he's so CUTE." I frowned, wrote; "Yeah I did, you know, Aliza and Lyric has already been friends, so if you think of being his friend, Aliza has the spot already. I tried to be his friend, but Aliza suddenly barged in our conversation." I then passed it through Lyric. Eiree did the evil eye to Aliza.

History, Math, Art, Music, T.L.E., Chemistry, Physics, and Health. A list of my schedule of School. I'm in the same class in Math, Physics, and Music with Lyric. Maybe I could chat with him. Or maybe not. I don't know. I guess so. We'll see.

Anyways, I hate it. Aliza got to sit next to him in every class, but Music! I got a chance to sit next to him at music class, since I was the first one in class, and Aliza ended up being Three rows, and four chairs away from us! Anyways, class ended up being orientation about class, what to bring and everything else you do in the first day of classes.

Months passed, and me and Lyric became best friends. This is how it started;

"Okay class, before our class begins, I want you to meet the persons next to you so that you'll be much comfortable sitting with him or her, since those are your permanent seats." My heart did a small flip when Sir Dela Cruz said this. I looked back at Aliza and I could see her eyes turning into flames, like you need ice cold water to cool her down. "Hi, you know, me right, I'm Lurianna." I said to Lyric. He looked at me, and smiled. Gosh, Maybe what Eriee said was true, he did look cute. He said "Hi, yes I know you. And you know me as Lyric." Well, that was a surprise. I never knew he knows how to speak english! "So, hiw did you get your name, Lyr?" He must have that nickname when he was in the Philippines, that's why he suddenly said, "Ang nanay at tatay ko ay magaling sa music!" {My mom and dad are good in music!} using my confused face, I signaled that I didn't understand. He then cleared his throat and said, "My mom and dad are amazing at music." oh. So that's why. "What about you?" That was the simplest question, but complicated to answer. I said "My mom is a writer. She loves to write books and songs. My dad makes the tune and sings it. Occasionally, my mom and I would sing along." well, that was a very quick answer. Sir Dela Cruz considered the whole class as a chat box. Every first fifteen minutes of class, Sir would let us chat with our seatmates, and this long conversation started to become a long process of friendship. We instantly became best of friends. Started to be in the same lunch tables and going to each others house.

Weeks passed and we started drifting away from each other. He started hanging out with other years, leaving me alone. Eriee has a boyfriend, so does Aliza. Soon, Lyric will have a girlfriend himself, which I am sure is not me. I've texted him so many times, but he does not reply. All he replies is the same message all over and over again;

"Lurz, pls. wait till graduation. busy pa ako. pls. lang, salamat. ;)" since he thought me Filipino, the language he is using, it read "Lurz. please wait until graduation. I'm busy still. Please? Thanks." what would his surprise possibly be? What will he do in graduation, make my heart break even more because he is having a new girlfriend? I've had enough already. He has broken me too much already. I am going to break his heart in graduation! I will be ready.

Months pass, and graduation is nearing.

My graduation dress, the perfect break up scene. Ah, I've been preparing for this moment. I sang the song I was going to sing to him. It was you. You broke my heart. Now I'm going to break yours... The perfect song for the perfect scene. The time is nearing for revenge is coming closer.

Three speeches were given. The first by Ma'am Delo Santos, our princepal, then Sir Trison, our vice princepal. Then, our Supreme Pupil Government President, Kaye Antrina. The fourth was him, after his little 'break-up speech' it was my turn. To break his heart.

"Good afternoon." he started. "What are friends?" he asked, "One who does not betray," I said in a silent whisper. "Friends are common, but what about real friends? Real friends are those who keeps the other in his or her heart. One who will risk their lives to save yours, one who remembers that you are their hero, not just a person." he said in a tone so pleasent I nearly fell for him again. It's just a trick, Lur, just a trick, don't fall for it. I say to myself. "True, that friends are rocks, while true ones are diamonds, but not always. True friends would rather be a rock, than to be a rock in disguised as a diamond. Friendship is no ordinary process, it goes through so many stages, most friendships don't work out well at all. But true friends, even if they hate each other, will be their for each other. It isn't about not talking to them or even replying to their text messages," he winks at me, "it's that maybe their busy. But all friends have a time to forgive each other, and to know that we're all in this together. We're one soul and one mind, one heart. Together we strive for a better future, and we all have a reason,

"Because we have a friend."

My head starts to spin around. I don't know whether this is good or not, so I just kept quiet and listened.

"I have a friend, who had shown me this, she led me here. Without her, I would have never been here, who I am. I may have been alone in the corner, waiting for this day to end for my freedom, but instead, she led me to a way for me to shine. She led me to miss classes. To miss all of you. I think you're all curious to know who she is." "ME!!! IT'S ME!!!" Shouted a person from the crowd, "No, I believe it's me." Aliza said. Whispers start to go around, all guessing who it is. "Everyone, I surprise you," I closed my eyes, waiting for the break up speech to end,

"Miss Lurianna Garette, my best friend!"

my mouth opened, I sat there, awestruck, as he gestured me to come forward. Every girl around me started to pull out their tongue, with angry looks in there faces. "I kept you in my heart, Lurianna, I never forgot you, and I owe so much to you. I still have a debt to you. Thank you." He leaned in to hug me, and I hugged him back. I was so happy, but shocked. A million thoughts rush into my head, and I felt like fainting, but I can't, it's my turn to pay the debt.

I changed the words, straight from my heart, I sang about friendship, and how I never forgot about Lyric, how I was so surprised to know about this. I loved him more than anything else, and I even put that in the song.

I ended the song, and everyone clapped, the sound was deafening, but this was so memorable I cried a tear. "Thank you, thank you!" I shouted. I looked back and saw him disappearing into the backstage. I followed him, as our principle ended the day.

"That was wonderful," I said "I loved it." He looked at me with tears in his eyes, and walked to me. "That song was over remarkable. I... I..." He broke, and I asked him "You what?" He took my arm and wrapped the other around my waist. His face tilted and neared towards mine, eyes closed, our lips met. We kissed, one hand on his sweet smelling hair. We separeted, and our eyes locked for a moment, with a tense silence, when Lyric broke it.

"I kept you in my heart, did you keep me in yours?"

"i w i l l find you, snow. i will a l w a y s find you."

===============
===============

forever.free

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me