The Desert Flower ✿ by SimpleScript

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Desert Flower ✿ by SimpleScript

Postby SimpleScript » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 am

The Desert Flower
    - A song of the wild and propechy child

- rose of youth and from silver peaks, strongs minded like an eagles beak.
    Rising in with the sun in east and blooming by moonlights shine, and with elements in one it truly will combine
    - the heroine is here and stand to save us all
    and bring us through the thoughest times from when we raise and fall.

The story about a foals life that changes when the herds enemies parts her from her family and she meets with strangers who is in need for a hero..

Please do not post on this page.
Last edited by SimpleScript on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

It is madness for sheep
to talk peace with a wolf.
~Thomas Fuller

Allycats of Pinefall Street

Find me
Join StreamClan
I'm here too
The Desert Flower
read my poems
Never trust sheep
SimpleScript

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Desert Flower ✿ Chapter 1

Postby SimpleScript » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:21 am

✿ TDF
    Chapter #1 “Born a champion”

The sun was heating the miles of sand that covered the space in the north and making the living of desert creatures just as hard as they where built to survie, and almost nothing but a lizards steps over the dunes of sand and everything was silent..
for a short moment.

Skinny legs over rockhard hooves pounded over the loose sand, making the foal that the skinny feets was holding up further and further away from her fellow herd mate and towards an old, overgrown cactus that her green eyes was set on in the distance. It was supposed to be the goal for the run and she was definetly winning it, having five tail lenghts between them and the sound of him panting from behind made a smirk play upon her oakbrown muzzle when she approuched the cactus and threw her head up and down while neighting for her victory. “I won again!” the nasal voice of the foal called and she looked back to see the angry face of the loser.
It’s just luck” he claimed, jealousy and irritation in his voice as he stopped and looked at her.
The filly started doing a simple fake laught, making him roll his eyes and sigh as she kept on.
Hah, luck? I was first from the herd to the black rock, first to reach the snakehole and now I came first to the cactus. You’re just jealous at my skills” she smirked wide and almost overly proud as she started trotting in a circle around him. Zondar let out a heavy sigh once again before he walked out of the circle and started walking back towards the herd, trying to ignore the fact that he lost.
It was just a stupid race
Well, it was a pleasure beating you
Let the pleasure of challenging you again be on my side, you wont beat me this time!
She smirked and chuckled at his comment, raising up on her backfeet so her head was blocking hi from the sun and her head and neck became a silhuette.
You can try, but I was born a champion!
. . .

She won again. Racing from the cactus and back to the herd, even when Zondar gotten three tail lenghts start before her and he was as hot as the sun and really irritated when he stamped his hooves away from her to ignore her and her laughing. The moon had already started raising and the herd had finally settled down by a small waterpool and some big bushes where the sand was a bit cooler so it wouldn’t burn when you layed down.
I was laying beside Jocaeda, Zondars mother, and curled my feet up to my stomach and sighed quietly when my eyes rolled over the sight of the others in the herd. Someone laying, someone standing, someone drinking and someone talking.
Her head turned as the sound of someone clearing their throat loudly, getting everyones attention and the conversations quickly faded to some whispering before it went silent. It was the herds leader, Seletto, who was getting the attention. He was an old horse now, his fur that once was a chestnut brown was now mixed up with some grey and white colors and his long mane that once was a nice beige color was loosing it’s freshness.
When he was ready to speak, he gave a calm smile that faded a bit as he started talking.
I can see that you have settled down and that this is a nice place for everyone to stay for a while, but I have seen and heard humans from the distance and to stay here will not be safe for-
We can’t leave” the voice came from a stallion standing further back and everyone looked back to see who it was. It was a black stallion named Ferod, he was Zondars uncle and Lihanis father, who was Zondars cusin. A big part of their family was in this herd, he was lucky that he had so many of them too. Lihani was a fellow foal aswell for her and Zondar, they where good friends but she was of the lazy type and didn’t like to challenge like the others but she was a good companion.
Ferod, not now-
You have to listen, Seletto, it’s important. We can’t leave, we have four foals that have their ceremonies tomorrow and it can’t be pushed eny further, we already pushed it two moons and you said yourself that’s as far we will take it and-"
Silence” Seletto said loudly and Ferod shut his muzzle, everyone turning their attention back to him. “I know what I said, but we can’t take that risk. We already lost a foal last time, we can’t afford to lose another one to them. It will be set, tomorrow when the sun is over the horizon, we’ll start tracking on with me in lead and Devindira, Coloh and you Ferdo in the back. If you spot eny water pool or bushes and so, call on me at once. Get yourself some sleep now and be ready tomorrow” he ended the speech with a nod and walked to the side and up to the lead mare, nuzzlingher carefully before he started to get some space where he could sleep.
She sighed heavily and looked at Jocaeda and Zondar, both of them laying on the sand with their eyes closed and ready to be taken by the dreams but it didn’t take her at once.
The stars glimted a little when she looked at them and a sigh escaped her mounth as she though about what would come the next day, hours of tracking in the heat and she wasn’t the easiest foal to please under that kind of situation.
Slowly layed her head over her hooves and closing her eyes, she drifted into dreams and slept all through the night…

✿ End of chapter one ✿

It is madness for sheep
to talk peace with a wolf.
~Thomas Fuller

Allycats of Pinefall Street

Find me
Join StreamClan
I'm here too
The Desert Flower
read my poems
Never trust sheep
SimpleScript