❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby DeMaizu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 am

Lunar Kitty wrote:I have a question for you guys:
Out of context, what's the strangest sentence you've ever had one of your characters say?

For me it has got to be: 'Why don't we just pretend he's Russian and get my violin?'

Mm, prolly these;
Lyndon frowned. “If this is the first time all sixteen Cards have Awoken, what about all the other times?”

I have exactly ninety-seven percent angel DNA, but oh — oh, those other three digits.

“My Novacaine!”
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sciencin' » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:52 am

Out of context, what's the strangest sentence you've ever had one of your characters say?

This one sounds kind of weird, I suppose- it took a bit of digging around to find anything all that unusual since I don't have a lot of dialogue written yet-
“Sure as death and taxes. Either eat that spaghetti now or let me take it back into the kitchen and pretend you already had dinner. There’s barely enough in there for half a Kallayne midget, and I’ve already unofficially claimed what’s left of it.”

But this one, this one takes the prize.
"Your mother's chest hair," Palva snapped.

i have rats. i will forfeit all my digital possessions to own digital rats. give me your rats. trade me your rats. i will treasure them.
Sciencin'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:57 am

@sciencin'

isn't that second quote from mean girls? ^^

"Nice wig, what's it made of?"
"Your mom's chest hair!"
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:54 am

What are you guys doing when you are really, really, really motivated to write but have this point in your story where you just don't know how to continue?
I have this problem right know and itkills me ARGH
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:56 am

Klain wrote:What are you guys doing when you are really, really, really motivated to write but have this point in your story where you just don't know how to continue?

do a mindmap of idea of how it could continue, just write down every idea you have and see which goes with the story you're writing
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN

winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sciencin' » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:08 am

winged-backpack wrote:@sciencin'

isn't that second quote from mean girls? ^^

"Nice wig, what's it made of?"
"Your mom's chest hair!"

it is
*whispers* this is set something like 5000 years in the future and none of them have seen mean girls except for literally the saltiest space-pirate criminal character and her girlfriend. they watched it together because they were drunk one time and Fastrade had it in the archives for kicks n' giggles and dared them to and since then it's been her favorite insult and putting in stupid 'modern-day' pop-culture references like this is a bit of a subtle running gag and this is why I love science fiction. you can drop stupid jokes like this and have none of the characters notice
i have rats. i will forfeit all my digital possessions to own digital rats. give me your rats. trade me your rats. i will treasure them.
Sciencin'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mooney » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:17 am

hello strangers c:

mind if I share some writing I did a while back? I'm literally never in a writing mood, but sometimes - extremely rarely - I am, and that results in a lot of writing. this was written exactly a month ago.

hope you lot don't mind - you seem like such nice people!
There’s something about the rain. About that drumming sound as it hits the roof.

No one listened to me as I tried to point out what should be done about the situation. They all kept yelling, shouting. Screaming. An alarming noise, if you ask me. I couldn’t take it anymore. I stood up and left. Closed my bedroom door after me, locked it. Decided to stay away from the loudness. Closed my curtains. All locked up in the darkness. No escape anymore. But I could still hear the yelling. “Shut up,” I whispered. “Shut up shut up shut up.” I lifted my hands. Put my head in them, and sat down on the edge of my bed. I took a deep inhale, and let out a shaky breath. The air was heavy, dry.
I tried to lock all the sounds out, tried to make them go away. They wouldn't, of course. You cannot force something to cease existing. That's just not the way things work in the real world.

I must’ve sat like that for hours. Because when I took my hands off my face, no light filtered in through the cracks in the curtain anymore. Downstairs, peace had taken over. There wasn’t a sound to be heard, only an unbearable silence.

And then came the rain. There’s something about it, something that makes me feel at peace with myself, and content. There's something about the drumming, quiet noise it makes when it hits the roof. So soft, tender even.

It didn't stop raining, just kept pouring down. I was outside now. Street lights lit up the avenue as far as the eye could reach, made the otherwise dark world seem warm, bright. But the rain told you it wasn't. It wasn't warm, nor bright. Just dark. Dark and cold, almost as if you were on the bottom of the ocean. The rain showed us the truth. And the truth was bitter.

there's no context in the beginning. to be honest I'm not sure what the situation was, that's for your imagination to find out I guess?

edit; I think I just now realised how dark the ending is, and how sad it sounds, hah
    ❝ those windermere peaks look like a perfect place to cry. ❞
    ━━━ she/they . adult . flight rising . pms are always open!
mooney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 am

Klain wrote:What are you guys doing when you are really, really, really motivated to write but have this point in your story where you just don't know how to continue?

Mostly I just sit there and stare for a bit. Then, after that staring, I'll write a buncha gibberish and hope I can make sense out of it; if I can't, then I'll delete it and try writing a coherent sentence.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:06 am

@Turtle
    That's a lovely little story! Some of the sentences sound a bit awkward, but that's pretty easy to fix. I like how simple and clean your writing style is, if that makes any sense.
Sciencin' wrote:*whispers* this is set something like 5000 years in the future and none of them have seen mean girls except for literally the saltiest space-pirate criminal character and her girlfriend. they watched it together because they were drunk one time and Fastrade had it in the archives for kicks n' giggles and dared them to and since then it's been her favorite insult and putting in stupid 'modern-day' pop-culture references like this is a bit of a subtle running gag and this is why I love science fiction. you can drop stupid jokes like this and have none of the characters notice[/size]

Your characters sound absolutely fantastic. If you find a short, pimply brunette scrolling through your computer at night, reading your stories, please don't freak out. what am I talking about I'm so sorry
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:26 am

Sciencin' wrote:*whispers* this is set something like 5000 years in the future and none of them have seen mean girls except for literally the saltiest space-pirate criminal character and her girlfriend. they watched it together because they were drunk one time and Fastrade had it in the archives for kicks n' giggles and dared them to and since then it's been her favorite insult and putting in stupid 'modern-day' pop-culture references like this is a bit of a subtle running gag and this is why I love science fiction. you can drop stupid jokes like this and have none of the characters notice

ah I see, that's quite funny actually ^^ (I think the saltiest space irate sounds like a great character 11/10 would empathise again)

(don't suppose anyone saw my post on the last page with my prologue from my book bc I could really use some critique if anyone could help??)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN

winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me