❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:25 am

Can you write better at night or day? Or doesn't it matter?
It doesn't really matter as long as its quiet.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sehyoon » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:25 am

I think it doesn't really matter that much for me, but I tend to think a lot during the night before I sleep. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who goes through this, but many ideas run through my head during the night and, if I were to pick up a pen, I'd be able to write them all down during the day.
    ⁺ ˖ ⁺ ⁺ ˖ ⁺ ʚ ï ɞ ⁺ ˖ ⁺ ⁺ ˖ ⁺
    ♠ stan ace ♠
    faerie . she/they . adult . intj
    mune . beef . door
    ♣ become a choice ♣
    ⁺ ˖ ⁺ ⁺ ˖ ⁺ ⁺ ˖ ⁺ ⁺ ˖ ⁺
sehyoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 am

I have most of my best ideas at night, but I never have access to a computer then because I'm trying to sleep and computers don't help with that, so I don't write much down then. I suppose I could use a notebook or something, but I don't really like writing on paper...
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 am

I'm a morning person, so my best writing comes out from 5:00 AM on, but the quality often starts to taper past 3:00 PM.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby floki, » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:10 am

The Worst Username wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
Flo, Idk much about the thing not american XP but it sounds interesting c:

Between the years of 1692 and 1693, many women (over 200) were accused of witchcraft, and 20 were executed. Personally, I think it's because the Christians living in the town at the time, being Puritans, wanted to be "the holiest of the holy", but if everyone is holy, then no one is. So, they needed to scapegoat someone to either confirm that they were the holiest or to remain in power, potentially both. Also, there were some strange things happening at the time, and they needed to be blamed on someone. Many young women were scapegoated, and that's that. Thank you for reading my ramble.

i would also like to add in my two bit there, that the puritans had set in a definition of "sin". an example is that "it was sinful to write leisurely, such as poems and stories." and it was a sin to enjoy a "marriage bed" with someone. it was the puritans that had the idea of placing a divider between a man and woman while they slept, because it was sin for them to enjoy one another's company. one last thing, they believed in predestination, which is the belief of you already being chosen to go to either heaven or hell at birth. the puritans lived their lives, hoping to have these "visions" of where they were going to be in the afterlife. if you had one of these "visions" you were part of the Elect. it was these Elect that the puritans believed Jesus died for, and not everyone else. the goal in their life is to know where they are predestined to.

BucketORandomness wrote:
floki, wrote:
      so i had an idea where i make a historically based book on people living in salem during the witch scare, but each chapter was a letter or diary entry from a different person in town, telling the story of what
      was going on. then there is going to be a section of court records, and a journal entry by the judge who
      condemned the people to being a witch, and then then an entry of those he had killed who did not admit
      to being a witch. and all of this is through their points of views. and then also there will be letters and
      journal entries from the condemned men and women. i would be using historical figures and people in
      the story to help guide the story along, but also will be adding characters in the story to just give it a
      little more depth and a little more story to it.

Ok. I am totally spoilt by some amazing authors when I say this, but be careful not to just tell the same story over and over again if you end up doing this ((which you totally should. It sounds like it could be really interesting!)) Put some of the character's voice into their letters to make them sound more genuine, like using the term "gay" to mean "happy" not "someone who loves the same gender." Also, keep in mind the ages/positions of each of the people who are writing. Like for the judge's letter, son't make him (cuz it was probably a him) sound like a teenage girl stressing over boys. Overall, this project sounds like some research could make it ten times better when you write it than without, so keep that in mind as well. Congratulations on an interesting idea! :clap: :clap:

thank you for the advice dear, and support. i know i am going to have to do a lot more studying into them, but i am excited to start this. c:

most of my ideas for stories happen at night, but i tend to write them during the day cause i get too lazy to actually write anything at night.
━━━━━━━━━━━ "Dulcius Ex Asperis"
flo. || witch. || scorpio. || she/her.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Totally doesn't matter. A lot of the time, I'll get these really cool ideas - right when I don't have access to writing things (laptop, notebook, etc). And then I'll be sitting in front of my computer thinking, "Alright, any minute now." And I won't be able to write anything. And then other times I'll be like "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" with flying fingers and everything.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FaerieBoy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:56 pm

I write better at night. I'm a major night owl, and I'm more comfortable all in all at night, I'm more relaxed, and I think better. I think I even sing better at night. Who needs daytime anyways.

I mean I can think of ideas during the day, but they have lower quality, and I tend to abandon them in the end.
FaerieBoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:58 pm

I usually write in the late afternoon, but I can generally write whenever, I think. However, I do find myself being more unselfconscious in my writing if I start after midnight or so - I read sometime ago that whenever we get tired, our mental filters tend to fall a bit loose and make us consider things we wouldn't usually consider in the daytime, so maybe that's a reason. My grammar and writing conventions also begin to deteriorate severely after such an hour, though, so if I do write anything during the very early morning, I'll have to be careful in editing the next day. :P

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Night. I write so much better at night. I tried doing it in the morning, but I always felt pressed for time because my birds were going to get up soon. But at night, they're all tucked in for bed. And my brain works best at night, too.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Night. There are fewer distractions, and the only excuse for not writing is sleep, which I basically never use anyway.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist