Chaosclan Writing Thread

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

079 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:21 am

--Ebonyflower fills a hole from her heart in Copperpaw, missing Otto and Robin with each passing day. Family should always stick together, and it breaks her heart that Copperpaw feels that he doesn't have one, even after being in ChaosClan for so long.
    --Scorchlight is not happy with Copperpaw beings her mother's new adoptive kit, seeing it as a replacement for her own brother. She and Molassesclaw are close, gossiping about Copperpaw and how he doesn't deserve to be in the clan. He overhears her, and is on his way out when Scorchlight realizes she can't do this to another cat, not one that already looks so lost and defeated. She strikes up a friendlier tone with the young tom, and the two become friends, eventually adding Molassesclaw into their friendship and enjoying the she-cats dry humor and sassy tones.
    --Jet is being overprotective, much to Tawnyfire's chagrin. She runs into Atlasrain, who quietly reflects that Jet is overprotective because he loves her. Instead of running away from his parentship, Atlasrain suggests talking with him.
    --Thundercloud is a nervous dad, but loves his kits unconditionally. Blizzardbird is very keen to welcome Thundercloud into the family, and the pair of toms are good friends as they visit the kits together. Thundercloud is almost never apart from Cyclonespark or his kits. Separately, Ivyshine is having the opposite problem, feeling isolated from Charstar now that he is a leader. His kits are hopeful that he'll visit, but he seldom does...
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

080 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 am

--The badger-cat story, from both Atlasrain's perspective and the kits' perspective. Sproutkit is very nervous of everything around her, jumpy and frightened easily. Teaselkit is overly cautious, but a talkative and energetic kit.
    --Atlasrain easily adopts these kits, he and Skippercloud being new dads once again. He feels a surge of protectiveness over these two little she-cats, thinking of his own grandkits back in the nursery.
    --Charstar is worn out from losing a life, hanging out in the nursery to comfort Sproutkit and Teaselkit, and spending time with Ivyshine to rest. Flaxkit, Marlinkit, and Heatherkit are overjoyed for the moon - both from being able to have their dad with them for longer during the day, and for having two new sisters. Atlasrain visits often, making sure the two new kits are doing ok and visiting Cyclonespark and her kits as well.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

081 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:05 am

--Another sad kit sibling tale - this time, from Lynxkit and Capybarakit. The two are selectively mute, especially at first, not even any scents giving a clue as to what happened to them. As they grow close to Mushroomkit, it is determined that their parents chased them off; and why none of the adult cats can seem to get the two she-kits to talk.
    --Mushroomkit is a bundle of energy, enjoying being in such a large clan and with so many cats. They are very close to their brother, and Penguinpaw is often in the nursery playing with his sibling and the other kits. Though he slacks off on his training, he is well-liked by almost all the cats in the clan.
    --Training the apprentices is becoming a large affair, and Mockingbirdstar and Charstar work together to make the training area bigger to accommodate all the apprentices.
    --Polarbear and Tawnyfire admit their feelings for each other, always laughing and hanging around each other. Cycleonspark and Thundercloud accept more kits into their lives, especially as it seems Thundercloud is one of the only adult cats Lynxkit and Capybarakit even consider talking to at the moment.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

082 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:39 am

--Thundercloud makes headway with Lynxkit about her and her sisters' past, the only adult cat that Lynxkit is willing to talk to. Capybarakit hides from most of the adult cats, peeking out from Mushroomkit's side every once in a while like a shadow. Penguinpaw is occasionally able to get close to the flighty she-kit, but only during calmer moments in the nursery. Thundercloud learns of Lynxkit's fight for survival, taking care of her sister when her parents were unwilling to take the task. Lynxkit describes that her parents thought both kits were too sickly and weak to survive on their own.
    --Wrenpaw joins the clan, becoming immediate friends with Penguinpaw. The two are some of the first to volunteer to help Mockingbirdstar continue his expansion of the training area, though a lot of goofing off is done instead. Not that Mockingbirdstar minds - he's happy enough that the clan is thriving and there are no dangers, at least that he is aware of, currently. Part of the new apprentice duties become helping with the expansion of the training area.
    --Mockingbirdstar prepares to watch his kits take their assessments. Zinniapaw is grateful to watch her siblings and get tips from them before attempting her assessment soon. Phoebepaw, on the opposite end of emotions, can't help but resent that her siblings are able to take their assessments and she is not even halfway finished with her warrior training. Blankpaw offers solace to the she-cat, especially after Mynapaw scoffs at her sister for not following through with medicine cat training, remarking that all of the siblings could be taking their assessments at the same time if Phoebepaw had just kept with it.
    --Cirruspatch and Sparksting start to grow closer, and Sparksting plans to admit his feelings to the other tom.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

083 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:51 am

--Kiwituft seems to have a knack for finding lost kits - a soft pelt gleams in the moonlight during a nightly guard duty, and Kiwituft ends up learning about young Carrotkit who wanders near ChaosClan's camp. The tom doesn't quite understand how the very young kit even made it here, but he's thankful she isn't hurt. Whilst she doesn't seem to have a name, as the dawn comes and Carrotkit falls asleep nestled into Kiwituft's soft fur, he gently scoops the kit up and brings her to Lilacshimmer, asking if the queen can look after the kit and also vowing to remain as a parental figure to her.
    --Milkstep and Kingfishercall, known as Socks and Artemis in their Kittypet lives, are ecstatic to join a clan with real wild cats. They have been traveling from their Kittypet homes for a few long moons, and Kingfishercall ultimately was the one that decided to ask to join ChaosClan after observing them from the outside of the territory for a while. Milkstep was reluctant at first, only agreeing as she caught sight of what she thought were familiar pelts - recognizing Sweetpoppy and Beetleshell, two of the cats that were very kind to her when she was a new Kittypet, in one of the passing patrols.
    --Sparksting asks Cirruspatch to be his mate, and the latter feels like everything in his world is perfect. His kits are thriving in their apprentice training, his mother is relaxing in a comfortable den and enjoying clan life... And he and Sparksting seem to get along well.
    --Sunflicker receives a threatening prophecy from The Fallen, warning him of a darkness that approaches the clan. While the healer can't make out which of his fallen clanmates is speaking, he does catch the ominous warning that they give him - "be prepared." He tells Mockingbirdstar and Charstar, along with the other medicine cats and Eveningrain, and they seem to agree that the warning is directed towards the medicine cats. Charstar tells the healers to be vigilant, report anything out of the ordinary, and brainstorms with the others about gathering as many herbs as possible in the warmer weather.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

084 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:04 am

--It isn't Kiwituft that finds a lost kit this time, but rather the kit he took under his paws. Carrotkit seems to be sneaking away often, pretending to go pick flowers from underneath the wing of the airplane - but there seems to be a friend she's hiding underneath the lush vegetation. Kiwituft convinces the other young kit to join him and Carrotkit in the nursery, seeing how frail and hungry the kit is. Another kit to add to his list of growing family, Batkit is often shy and hiding, but enjoys the easygoing and happy natures of both Carrotkit and Kiwituft.
    --Lilacshimmer dreams of being a parent, talking to Shadowseeker about how much she loves caring for Carrotkit, Batkit, and Durianchase and Blackbirdshriek's newly born litter. Shadowseeker doesn't want biological kits of his own, but is very glad when the opportunity for him and Lilacshimmer to adopt two lost kits arises. He turns to Skippercloud and Atlasrain for advice on how to interact with them and raise them, but is a proud father of the newly found and named Ocelotkit and Glasskit alongside Lilacshimmer.
    --Upon the arrival of the two new kits, Durianchase gladly sidles into a spot in the nursery to take care of his kits full time. He is enamored with the small bundles of joy, glad he gets to spend all day with them. The normally stoic tom is all smiles and joy around his and Blackbirdshriek's kits, already looking forward to the day they can walk and talk and he and his mate can take them on adventures into the forest. Magpiekit, Thrushkit, and Papayakit are well loved by their dads.
    --Stratuscloud's unexpected passing leaves Cirruspatch a mess - and Sparksting seems to be at a loss for how to comfort him. The pair argue quite a bit, the emotions fresh on Cirruspatch's mind, leading to an untimely break up for the pair after Sparksting snaps at Cirruspatch. The tom doesn't know who to turn to, quite literally running into Blizzardbird - the fluffy white tom offers quieter support for Cirruspatch's grieving, Sparksting watching from afar with a broken heart. Olivegrowl consoles her brother, gently reminding him Cirruspatch has been through a lot, and snapping at him was not the course of action to take if he truly loved him. Tough love is the approach that Olivegrowl uses.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

085 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:17 am

--Peppermask is very weak and sick after giving birth to her kits, due to an unknown illness. Thistlepath becomes withdrawn, a shell of himself, feeling helpless as he watches Peppermask worsen with nothing he or the medicine cats can do. He becomes obsessive over his last litter, barely letting anyone else near them, even long enough to help feed them and keep them healthy.
    --The cats thoroughly check the prey pile, tossing some prey in an abundance of caution. Still, other cats are getting sick, and the medicine cats are helpless as to what could be causing this. The symptoms are not severe for most cats, Peppermask receiving the brunt of the sickness after giving birth, but Sunflicker can't help but think this is only the beginning, afraid of what may come as Leafbare approaches.
    --
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

086 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:34 am

--More cats start showing symptoms of this new sickness, what Sunflicker now realizes is going to be a huge problem. It is clear to the healers that this is not the result of rotting prey, despite their hopes that this sickness was preventable, it seems cats don't know they're infected until it's too late - the symptoms starting out mild and almost unnoticeable.
    --Peppermask grows weaker, now developing a harsh fever. Scorchlight feels helpless, watching the older she-cat grow weaker each day and nearly succumb to a fever that no herb seems to help with. The young healer turns to Molassesclaw, almost unsure that choosing this path was right for her.
    --Stormpaw is already behind his littermates, but he doesn't care - while clumsy, and more than a bit distractable, Stormpaw goes throughout his life with positivity, enthusiasm, and optimism that Forestbreeze is all too happy to foster in his young apprentice. Cyclonespark and Thundercloud are proud of Stormpaw's resilience, even if his training hasn't been progressing as fast as Skypaw or Tornadopaw. The family is tight-knit and supportive of each other, Skypaw and Tornadopaw careful to give tips in their own ways, not belittling or teasing their brother for failing his trainings so often.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

087 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:58 am

--Peppermask succumbs to her illness at the end of this moon. Sunflicker's worst fears are confirmed, more cats clearly weak and on the brink of succumbing to the fever.
    --The onset of Leafbare brings a light snowfall, though even the cats that usually love the snow are not feeling very good about what this Leafbare has in store for ChaosClan...
    --wip
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

088 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:56 pm

--The medicine cats interview every cat, trying to quarantine those that don't feel well.
    --Cirruspatch and Blizzardbird grow closer, eventually leading to them confessing their feelings for each other.
    --Batkit, Carrotkit, and Ocelotkit are oblivious to the tensions in the clan about the sickness, despite Lilacshimmer's obvious fear towards Glasskit's weakened immune system. Papayakit has been spending a lot of the time in the nursery coughing and complaining of being hot... The three adoptive littermates are too excited about becoming apprentices to notice something is wrong with Glasskit.
    --Buzzardpaw's interaction with the river otter, and Blackbirdshriek's intervention.
    --Sproutpaw and Teaselpaw hang around camp for most of the moon, due to Teaselpaw's injuries; they overhear the medicine cats' worries about Darkfever, vowing to keep themselves safe and stay away from any cats that seem sick.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me