-Maniacal laugher- Finished~

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

???????????????????????????????

Are you insane?
20%
Are you okay?
26%
I like these
47%
I don't like these
7%

Total votes : 85

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat May 23, 2020 9:24 am

/ ephemeral
688 words
Shyshie awoke to a tap, tap, tapping at her window and a shadow cutting across her rug.
She slipped out from between the warm blankets to the window. The tapping paused at her movement and she could feel an unseen gaze settle onto her as she reached to lift the latch.
"You're a'pposed to use the door," Shyshie chided as she let a fluttering cloud of snow and the shadow come tumbling into the house.
"I know," Stepstone steadied himself before kneeling down in front of his young cousin "But I think I have good enough reason to make exception."
She crinkled her nose "What's a 'ception?"
His smile glinted in the darkness "I want to show you something."
Shyshie perked her ears up questioningly "Where is it?"
"Outside," he held his arms out to her "Come with me?"
She reached upwards and Coe scooped her up, wrapping his coat over her to keep away the chill.
"Hold on, tightly," he whispered as he stepped back onto the sill and pulled the window shut behind him.
Instead of descending to the street below, Stepstone edged along the eaves and with an easy swing crossed the gap between Shyshie's house and the neighbor's.
Up he mounted with a soft step, to the peak of the roof and descended with equal quiet. Onwards, he went, leaving a trail of bootprints in the accumulated snow behind him.
"Are we going down to the docks?"
Coe paused in the shadow of a chimney to look down at his little cousin "How did you know?"
She blinked up at him "I can smell the water."
"Hm," he sniffed at the air "I don't smell anything."
"Well I can."
Coe shrugged "Alright, if you say so."
And he continued on with his moonlit trek above the streets until they came to the row of warehouses. Moonlight flashed off the water, sending glints of light between the buildings as Coe settled in a crook with Starwalk next to him.
"Cold," she said, white air puffing out from her mouth.
With a hum Stepstone shed his coat and tucked it around her, pulling the collar up to protect her face from the chill.
"What're you showing me?" she asked, slipping her arms into the too long sleeves.
"Over there," Stepstone gestured towards a dark patch of sky "Keep your eyes over there."
She pursed her lips, confused, but did as she was directed, focusing intently on the indicated bit of horizon with her hand tucked under her chin.
A moment passed and she was beginning to fidget when, with a shrill whistle, Stepstone's surprise revealed it.
The firework burst over the sea with a dazzling crack and Shyshie gasped, her jaw dropping.
That firework was followed by a near barrage of rockets spewing their lights into the sky and filling the night with whistles and booms. For every second Shyshie was fixated, her eyes wide as saucers and her half open mouth tilted into a smile.
The display would only last a for a few moments, but Stepstone didn't care or even hardly realize that he was missing it as he stared down at the expression of awe on his little cousin's face.
Her smile was small, but her eyes where huge and dancing with the caught light from the fireworks. A trio of red and yellow sparklers spread across the sky, mingling with the falling snow, and Shyshie leaned forwards a little, enraptured.
The night was freezing, but Stepstone barely felt it.
Soon, it was over, and it was just the two of them atop a warehouse roof. Shyshie, dazzled, but loosing her battle against drowsiness, and Stepstone, feeling strangely light.
He gathered up the sleepy girl who was snugly wrapped in his coat, and carried her back to her bed.
There, he cocooned her within her blankets and reclaimed his jacket before again stepping up onto the windowsill.
Coe took one last glance over his shoulder at her, bathed in the thin moonlight, safe in her bed and smiling, and found as he turned back into the night, that he was smiling as well.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:20 pm

/ hello
The planetoid was small and its gravity low, granting them freedom of movement as they tried to wrench the Solar hawk's wing back into place.
Unfortunately the atmosphere was thin and the resulting chill numbed them to the point of the lessened gravity being of no consequence.
They worked in relative silence, which suited Serpens, as it took most of his focus to direct his fingers to reconnecting the stray wires back to their proper places.
"Hey," it was about an hour when the other young man's voice crackled over the communication line, breaking the silence.
"What?" Serpens turned his head, thinking his companion had run up against an issue he needed help in resolving.
"What's your name?" The other man had stopped working entirely and was looking over at him expectantly "I didn't catch it earlier."
"Serpens," out of habit he extended his hand "You?"
"Lynx Mendoza," the boy took the offered hand and shook it "Nice to meet you."
"Yes, hi," Serpens nodded and returned to working on repairs.
"So, uh, you have any idea where we are yet?" Serpens shook his head "Navigation is stuck in a recalibration loop. But even if it wasn't, I doubt it would be of much help."
"What? What do you mean?"
Serpens glanced up at the sky with a raised eyebrow "We went much, much further than intended."
"So, what, we're lost? Like, lost lost?"
"That is certainly one way of putting it."
"So, even if we fix this," he gestured at the wing "We're not going anywhere."
"Nowhere in particular."
Lynx went quiet, staring down at his hands "How long will your supplies last?"
"Food and water for about nine days, oxygen for fifteen."
"That's not going to be fun," Lynx tilted his head upwards to look at the star, closer than they had ever been in the thin atmosphere.
Serpens glanced up as well "No. No it is not."
Together they stared until a shadow cut across their view and the two men turned, startled, to find themselves beneath an alien gaze.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -Maniacal laugher-

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:39 pm

I am living for Stepstone and baby Shyshie tbh
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:48 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
I am living for Stepstone and baby Shyshie tbh

Same tbh

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:49 am

/goodbye
136 words
"Will you be gone long?"
"I don't know."
"Will you be able to report in?"
"If I can I will."
Shrring's shoulders and wings sagged fractionally. For a second he almost let his face slip into a frown.
"I...I ah..." he struggled for the words "Mmm."
"What?" Ishton hadn't turned to face him or
uncrossed his arms.
"Nothing."
"No, tell me."
Shrring rocked back and forth from one foot to another, wishing Ishton would at least look him in the eye "Nothing. Just. Goodbye."
"Goodbye," Ishton opened his mouth to add onto his farewell, then decided against it.
He still had his back turned towards his brother and he did not catch the emotion that tugged at the corners of Shrring's face. If he had, then perhaps he wouldn't have let those words go unsaid.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:26 pm

/ intricate
79 words
"Owch!"
"Sorry."
"That was the third time!"
"It wasn't on purpose."
Lily pulled away with a huff "Tell that to my poor feet. I'm done."
"Aww but we almost had it that time."
"Martin, c'mon, there are way easier dances to learn."
"Yeah but they're not as fun," he reached out to take her hand again and with a roll of her eyes she let him "Just one more try?"
"Oh, fine. But this is the last time."

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:22 pm

/ end game
113 words
Click, click, click, went the game pieces as they chased each other across the board.
The rain plinked down across the roof and teacups clinked merrily against their saucers.
The game went on and on.

A breeze, full of the sweet smell of the dark places beneath the distant trees and the rain, drifted through half open windows.

The game began to wind down. Only two game pieces left and only a handful of moves left.

Down to one move each.

"Stalemate," Freeta sighed as drained the last of her tea from her cup.
"Again."
"I think we need a new game."
"Probably," Lionel agreed "But this one is such fun."

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:27 pm

/ shoot for the moon (even if you miss you'll probably float in space for a while).
136 words
"I...uh..." Martin's eyes went wide as he dug his hand into his pocket and found it was empty "Oh no."
"Oh no what?" Lily stared at him.
"I lost it!" He spun in a circle, coat flapping, as he scanned the ground, trying to pick out the glint of metal within the mass of flowers.
"Lost what!?"
Martin dropped to his knees and began digging through the stems "The ring!"
"What ring?"
"Your ring!"
"My ring?"
Martin paused in his frantic search to look up at her sheepishly "It was supposed to be your ring... I mean, if you wanted it. If.. if uh you said yes."
She stared at him for a second, then explored "You lost my wedding ring?"
"Actually it would be your engagement ring," Martin corrected as she dropped down beside him.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 pm

*cackling*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:09 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
*cackling*

:3

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me